New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Empire 6: Embers of Dawn IC

Hraban Confederacy
    Leader: Frederich Schwarze aus Tirol
    Region(s): 34, 35
    Continent: Mamut
    Round 9 Actions:

Actions:
    1. [Military] Send 4 units to deal with Snort Tusker Marrow Crunch
      The troubles to the north are a shared issue between the Uzii and the Hraban.
    2. [Military] Send Erwin Weitschritt von Braunschweig to assist in the Celestial Exorcism - Success, used Leader mil and not Hero Mil so end result 12.
      Puttinvgthe dead to rest in as respectful a manner as possible is a priority for Soul Honor, that it is a threat to the region as a whole simply puts greater steaks on things.
    3. [Faith] Convert Region 34 to Soul Honor - Success
      The audacity to convert Hrathgar
    4. [Faith] Convert Region 33 to Soul Honor - Success
      The first steps in the the war with the Crimson Kingdom and the Horned Hunter are at hand.
    5. [Faith] Seek aid in converting region 34 back to Soul Honor - Success

Non-Actions:
    • Resist all relevant buyout/convert/etc actions not explicitly approved or supported below

Embassy Actions:

Spoiler: News and Rumors
    Show

Spoiler: Ruler Information
    Show

Current Stats (in the following order):
    Stat Number
    Diplomacy 4
    Military 6
    Opulence 2
    Faith 6
    Intrigue 1

New Ruler Next Round?
    No

Expected Stat Bonuses:
    +1 Faith +1 Mil

Trade Posts:

Military Units:
    Land:
    8 bloodfeathers
    1 mountaineer
    Mil Unit Cap:
    Land:
    6 + 2*Regions controlled = 10
    Naval:
    3+1*coastal region = 4
    Technology
    Name Effect Allocated TP Allocated TP Resource Name
    Writing +1 Conversion Defense, +1 Conversions in regions that share your alphabet
    Masonry +1 resist Raids and Sacks
    Animal Husbandry +1 Opulence and Diplomacy Exploration
    Pottery +1 to Buyouts

Great Project

Name Effect Location
    Last edited by Electriccat; 2020-11-28 at 03:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tentative Turn Ten

My Round Actions
    Lands of the HYD
    R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 R8 R9 R10

Game Round Opener Posts
    R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 R8 R9 R10 R10pt2

Expected Stat Growths
    Oraora
    Dip 7 > 4 +1 (+1) [6]
    Mil 10 > 4 +1 (+2) [7]
    Opu 5 > 2 +0 (+1) [3]
    Fai 1 > 1 [1]
    Int 3 > 4 [4]
    Ruler Change: Wuuluu, The Sought Queen

Spoiler: Default Non-Actions
    Show

Accept all trade gifts (treasures, units, technologies, etc)
    Accept all Embassies.
    Resist all buyouts not explicitly allowed within HYD territories.
    Resist all buyouts on TPs that the HYD specifically own (as opposed to unowned or owned by other players), superseding general support to buy out TPs.
    Resist all conversions to religions other than Path Of The Ancient Ones.
    Support all conversions to Path Of The Ancient Ones.

Actions
    Dip Stabilize 268 Roll = 20
    Dip Colonize 204 Roll = 12
    Mil 10 Create Celestial Navigation
    Opu 5Change Chickens to Copper

Mil Oraora and Mars (Oraora mechanically, Mars fluff wise helping rally the Sisterhood of Shards there) lead the charge against the Gluttonous Shadows.
    Spoiler: Orders
    Show

Send 3 units to 268 to fight the gluttonous shadows. 3 units donÂ’t need to travel because 2 land cap 1 naval cap.
    Using War Drums +2 Tac Doc, Equestrianism -10% casualties, Bows +1 battles, and Treasure +1 Battle.
    Oraora (Ruler 10) leading the battle, blightspawn do not duel, Mil Score of 10.
    Using Tac Doc Roar of the Hydra +3 to battle, -10% enemy losses.
    Receiving help from the fffolkkk in the form of 3 additional units (they pmed me this number near round start), and 4 additional units from the Thunderpeople, for 10 present at the battle in total and -2 size penalty to Tac Doc (-1 if the fffolkkk are ruled not to show up).
    The Nocturnal Hydra are explicitly the ones leading this battle, and will explicitly retain control of the region afterwards.
    Fluff wise, Oraora should die in this battle regardless of the result.

Mil Send Mars and Liyae (Mars mechanically) to participate in quelling the Rebellion in 279 of those currs who would speak ill of Zora.
    Spoiler: Orders
    Show

Send 3 units to 279.
    Using War Drums +2 Tac Doc, Equestrianism -10% casualties, Bows +1 battles, and Treasure +1 Battle.
    Mars (Hero 10) leading the battle, not offering to duel, Mil Score of 10.
    Using Tac Doc Roar of the Hydra +3 to battle, -10% enemy losses.
    Receiving help from Naherin with 4 units, 7 at the battle in total and -1 size penalty to Tac Doc.
    The Nocturnal Hydra are explicitly the ones leading this battle.
    Allowing Naherin to keep the region upon success.

[]Mil[/b] Raise Army Unit (x2)
    []Opu[/b] Buy out a TP somewhere 5+1Pot+1Coin

Subactions
    Spend 1 treasure and 1 TSR favor helping with the colonization effort of 204.
    Spend 1 treasure on the battle roll against the Gluttonous Shadows in 268

Nonactions
    Trade two copies of the Blightlands (Kiswan) Codex to the Ashir, getting them copies, plated with fine jewelry.
    Submit to the TSR Menagerie Fluff
    Support the Ashir in buying out TP 2 of Chickens in region 282.

News and Rumors
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wuuluu takes over after Oraora dies in battle against the Blightspawn. Did she set it up? Is this a legitimate transference of power? SheÂ’s certainly become less hard working, but if anything even more talented.

Spoiler: Yaelii laments and regrets their expansion into the Blightlands
    Show

“This was supposed to be glorious.”

Yaelii sat on ton of the ruined and broken structure, also known as ‘the most intact thing remaining in this village’. She was looking out at the horizon of trees working the land. Their normal business as digging ditches to fill with water to catch fish. Today they were digging ditches to fill with corpses to bury the dead.

Two years ago she claimed this patch of land, and it was so bountiful. Many immigrants from the homeland, it was manifest destiny. The area to the north was abandoned, as if the previous peoples had run away and left us with their bounty. Now she wondered if they just left us holding the bag.

Worse, their rulers seemed intent on pursuing colonization to further ends. She couldnÂ’t exactly blame them on that front, there were too many Night Elves here. Including herself, that would be sacrificed if they quit now. The lands were profitable, the turtle natives were polite, the tree natives were subservient.

For her own sake though, she wanted to just hold what they had and stop poking the blight hive. Who knows what hellish peoples they would meet next, if this was their first contact with ‘kiswa natives’.

Spoiler: Nephni Rides out to see the Ta SetiÂ’s ruler, Pharoh Shebitku
    Show

Spoiler: tl dr Nephni starting blurb
    Show

Nephni (Full Night Elf)
    Ran away from slavery in the far south where she was rendered a mute, and has now become one of the premier acrobats in the HYD regions. Leads the Lunar Circus which performs at the Mondernte twice each year. Has a playful attitude, and a kiss on the nose means sheÂ’s really into you.

ItÂ’s time to introduce their festival to other lands. ItÂ’s been a great source of celebration in the lands of the Nocturnal Hydra, and other elves come to help join in the revelry. But now sheÂ’s passed on the head of the Mondernte in those lands to her protege, leaving him to seek out other lands.

And what better way to do this than to talk to an actual Pharaoh?

The elven nations have had good relations, and by this point Nephni has grown a reputation as something of a self-made princess. Acknowledged by Zora and Oraora separately, those two rarely agreed on anything, and able to create the most spectacular of festivals.

Always on the move performing shows, and making her headway in with a small merry band to start up the Mondernte within the regions of the Ta Seti by talking with this Pharaoh. SheÂ’d perhaps wind up even as a lover to him, who knows?

She heard that their ruler liked to travel, and that was literally her entire gig. ItÂ’d be a good excuse to stick around him in any case. Admittedly not with the most impressive entourage, back to a small band, but sheÂ’d begun as a slave and earned her way into tutorship under the rulers of the Nocturnal Hydra, she surely could do it *again* now that she had a better reputation under her belt and was a far more skilled performer.

Path of the Ancient Ones Fluff Prelude
    Spoiler: WuuluuÂ’s Dragonborn Court News and Rumors
    Show

Consolidating herself into the Astral Wyrm (as a religious title), leading the Astral Hydra court. A many headed thing with many people of fine renown. Collecting information on the dragonborn such as lamia, Naherin, and even trolls.
    Mixedblood with her Night Elf superiority, she intends to create a dynastic succession of utter perfection and teach them in ideal ways as was taught by the Truthseers.
    To this end sheÂ’s gathered a circle of friends, and has promised to collect all colors of the prism. Bear an heir to each of their scales.
    Most of these are just playmates or friends (sheÂ’s bisexual, but homoromantic), her only true lover is first and foremost of these a fiery redhead named {Name Here}, a transwoman of great renown, skill, and knowledge of faith ritualistic arts. Adopted into the Nocturnal Hydra.
Wuuluu has taken to adorning herself with Ram horns and sheep/mountain goat wool. It keeps her toasty warm and looks elegant yet not ‘opulentÂ’. Plus the horns take on the dragon aesthetic sheÂ’s had a bit of an obsession with as she ascends to the throne. Though painting it pitch black with cyan dots representing stars might make it look moreso on the ‘highly extravagantÂ’ side.
    The goal, overall, is to create both a bloodline in her nam, as well as trace/follow the method of ascension that was undertaken by other supposed ancient ones such as the Black Pharaoh and the Wounded Goddess.
    With enough talent, determination, and willpower, anybody can accomplish anything. You need only strive to get what you want, and refine your own perfection.

Spoiler: Wuuluu and Alune both promise most of their chats are more cheerful than this.
    Show
    ”The power is yours. You need only to seize it." The voice sounded ominious and deep, ringing within the hall as Wuuluu walked to her throne room. This was her day, with the backing of Zora and with Oraora dead to blightspawn, it was her time to take the throne. To build her dynasty. To prove she wasn't worthless. Wuuluu herself though was not taking this so seriously.

"Aluna~" "Alune." "You've said that four times today. I get it, blah blah destiny, blah blah blood purification, blah blah sire an heir of every color of the rainbow. We are the same person you don't need to remind me." The voice seemed upset that she was drinking fine wine and laying back in her bed now. She felt she deserved it after such a long day, and with such a long night ahead of her. Alune disagreed.

"Seriously Alulu, if I'm not going to enj-" "Alune."-joy this life why am I even queen? You've found a way to make sex into work. Sex! I'll still enjoy it but come the **** on do you not have any sense of enjoyment? Having a will and set of wants separate from utilitarian ends is what separates me from being a mindless tool. Like a wrench, a troll, or a pulley."

Her room was lavish. Way moreso than before when she stayed with the truthseers. Sure there she had books and drink, but this here was raw decadence and jewelry solidified into a single room. Not that she cared about the appearing rich part, that was an insistence by Alune to make sure she flaunted her own wealth. She just accepted because it was pretty and sparkly. She was a woman of simple tastes, stars and tomes were all the ultimately needed.

Though for tonight she has a new passion. Her new liaison, who would soon become her wife. But that was a relatively new passion. "You were so focused before, you had aspirations. I could see the sapphire flames burning brighter than the stars. Now you're a drunken lovestriken buffon!" Manifesting within the room itself came reflections, laid beside and all around her, all within the mirror that was this false material world.

"Alison, come the hell o-" "ALUNE." "Stop drumming my skull!" The room was flaring with bright blue mystical fire, all of it imaginary buy feeling so very real. Wuuluu glowered at herself, and her other half returned the sentiment. 

Eventually, one half of Wuuluu wavered.

"I'm sorry, you weren't using my name and I know it's a barb, and it upset me s-" "Alune. Shut the hell up for a minute." Alune did, and at least was glad enough Wuuluu would use their name correctly. "I don't give a flying crows **** about the tone. How... How dare you question my resolve. You don't think I want divinity? You don't think I want to sire the perfect brood? My heart war drums at the thought of making those stars that opposed me all my life kneel at my feet."

"... My apologies, for a while you did seem to have lost your resolve. I see it was just in hidi-," "Sssh." She paused, catching her breath. There was no more visual manifestations, but Wuuluu was on a cold sweat and panting like she'd run the circumference of Mt. Silver.

"Let's calm down. You, you are going to let me have this night. I am going to love my new paramour. We will make you your child. And you..." Wuuluu didn't have the words, but she was able to emotionally subverbalize with her spirit half. They rushed the settlement and hurried into their respective corners, because the long-awaited liaison was already in her bedroom, watching her silent self-screamfest. Filled with awe, shock, and a steadily growing heap of distress.

Mil Tech 10
    Spoiler: Celestial Navigation (utilizing the Kamal) (Needs-Approval)
    Show

The eldest worm, the first one, that started off the Noc Hyd kingdom, has passed away today. It had swelled too big to feasibly keep feeding, not to mention that it was beginning to become too wrathful for even Zora to keep on leash. It was a sad day for her, but a happy one for the nation. 
Because the Celestial Roadmap has just been completed, illuminating all eight of the primary constellations of the sky. The most important of which is the Worm Queen, specifically made and released in commemoration of the Hydra WormÂ’s ascension into the skies themselves.
    This constellation is a large sprawling thing, made up of the South Star at the tail tip, crucial for finding ones way around the seas surrounding Sikar, the vast body making up the body of her majesty, and notably The Maw Star, a pentagon whose five points resemble common star drawings, forming the wide gaping jaws of the beast.
    For celestial navigation, a Kamal is used, a piece of string knotted in even distances along with a wooden card. The card is held up to Cerais, the South Star, and used to measure longitudinal distances. It can also be used to measure approximate distance to a visible horizon, giving it much extensive use for inland lake traversal.
    Mechanics:
    Prerequisite: Sailing
    Copy-paste the text from Crab Sails. -1 flat to distance losses, boosted sailing. Stacks with Crab Sails if you own both techs in terms of +1 Sailing distance, but not for the purposes of stacking the -1 flat to distance losses.

Named Characters And Ruler Chronology
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Members Of The Court (Update on Assignment)
    Show

Spoiler: Assigned
    Show
    Oraora (Half Night Elf Half Orca)
    Next in line to be the ruler. Stands at an adorable 4 foot 7 inches despite being an adult (those smaller Orca strain genes kicking in hard), but is headstrong and has proven herself a fine leader. More importantly, one with the good of all the HYD at heart.
    (Former ruler, died bravely in battle against Blightspawn)

Vaneae (Full Night Elf (possibly 1/16th human))
    Cute and bubbly demeanor, ruthless horseback rider. Has a 165-4 record in horseback race duels and is a star of the HYD’s Horse Lacrosse team. A gracious winner and never rubs it in, sometimes to the point where you wish she would cause the cute ‘you tried your best, fella’ comes off as condescending. Strangely enough she has freckles and in some spots her hair is red, suggesting some far-back human ancestry.

After winning the first Horse Lacrosse tournament, this woman took quite an interest in the Ashir after learning of the strength of their convictions by how far their king Zidan went to resurrect his lost wife. Arranging for some, ahem, ‘cultural transference’ to be had, she rounded up a measure of Night Elf Archers to serve in the wars deeper into the desert (since she loves the heat), and to find a worthy husband for herself.
    (Given to Ashir as as part of army unit)

Berbani (Full Night Elf)
    A man, a chef, a hulking monstrosity over six feet and a frame befitting a bodybuilder human. Pure pacifist, even towards animals. HeÂ’ll cut them up and cook them, but never hunt. Has a pet catosaur, whose name is Scalepurr.
    (Wedded to the Orc queen)

Wuuluu (Full Night Elf)
    A young maiden still looking for her shining star. Having just come into adulthood and entering the trading markets to start a business. Unfortunately she never hit it off at the bazar, and never managed to get into the Bloodfire Boom, so sheÂ’s hit a bout of depression as her portion of her familyÂ’s fortune dwindles to nothing.
    (Current Upcoming Ruler)

Saturnae (Full Night Elf)
    A woman who failed out of the court only to become a successful map maker and ocean traveller with Mars. Shy and a sucker for compliments, sheÂ’s been hard at work charting out all the oceans the HYD has discovered. Is a really good swimmer and is incredibly flexible.
    (Liaison to Mars, helps chart out Celestial Navigation, high member of court)

Nephni (Full Night Elf)
    Ran away from slavery in the far south where she was rendered a mute, and has now become one of the premier acrobats in the HYD regions. Leads the Lunar Circus which performs at the Mondernte twice each year. Has a playful attitude, and a kiss on the nose means sheÂ’s really into you.
    (Headed off to wed to the ruler of Ta Seti)

Spoiler: Unassigned
    Show

Sankae (Full Night Elf)
    A mistress to many, lays deep into the courts of the lamia. Has connections both in the underworld and proper business channels. Loves putting way way way too much salt on her food.
    (Might be assigned)

Melose (Full Night Elf)
    A skilled artist in featherwork, one who helped craft the HYD flag and who knows exactly what mix of colors will shine properly in the moonlight. A woman of few words and much grace, she was over a hundred and fifty when Zora first took the throne, and serves as the wise grandmother to many within the Alskan fields.

Kiese (3/4ths Night Elf, 1/4th Human)
    One of the great granddaughters of Melose, a headstrong tomboy who loves fighting and brawling. Liyae is her idol and sheÂ’s spent many weeks mud wrestling with the boys to learn such strength and heroism. Has a tendency to get herself into trouble, but is so honest and blunt you canÂ’t blame her for acting like a shone protagonist (despite not quite having the Hero Power to back it up).

Javerei (Half Night Elf, Half Alondite Elf)
    A grandson of Melose, heÂ’s performed well to become an officer. Knows how to ride a horse expertly and is a wonderful spear thrower. A prime gentleman, albeit with a hedonistic lustful and flirty side.

Jayerei (Full Night Elf)
    A grandaughter of Melose and younger sister to Javerei and once she felt outshined by her brother in every way. In recent years her exceptional ability to see in the dark and better finesse in Horse Lacrosse have given her a niche where she feels like a proud warrior woman. She shares here brotherÂ’s hedonistic lustful and flirty tendencies, so watch out.

Lnoeu (Half Night Elf, Half Lamia)
    A hissy little thing, one of the princesses of the Serpentine Lands descended from the Empress Freya. Has an Ojou laugh and bosses around her subordinates, and really thinks sheÂ’s hotter sht than she is. Is an exclusive meat-eater, greens are so damn ickkyyy.

Spoiler: New Members of the Court
    Show

Blyssa (Full Night Elf)
    Of high birth, a young princess of good renown and great taste. Trained under Oraora and Mars both in arts of fighting and diplomacy and exploration, sheÂ’s been quite interested in the concept of increasing the eyes and spread of night elven fine culture and artistry worldwide. Almost solely drinks milks of varying kinds.

Caroleni (Full Night Elf)
    Manages the new copper mines in the Serpentine Lands. Hard working, a bit muscled for a female night elf. Though she doesnÂ’t do the work herself, she stays very fit. Has an exquisite sense of hearing.

Dweave (Half Night Elf, Half Alondite)
    An man of upright renown, recently became known for his ability to smith bronze out of copper in exceptionally high quality. Achieved quite a high position, and primarily teaches others the trade. Vegetarian.

Spoiler: Night Elf Ruler Chronology (as of Turn 10, 240 AFD) OOC explanation formatted
    Show

At the top level there’s a fair few families of varying power structures, that have risen to where they are in general influence among the rest of the populace due to varying talents, headed under Zora. Zora upended the previous structure of government which was a bunch of shamanistic allied tribes, but in a sense kept a lot of the working-together structure. She even personally teaches a bunch of the descendants of those different noble families and picks one of them to be a specific heir to her position.

This was largely because she decided not to have children personally, and incase something was to happen to her or she needed to step down, she wanted to be able to pick somebody up and not have a waiting period of 15 years. Which lead to Oraora coming into power (who was notably half orca half night elf). Oraora kept mostly a similar structure, though wanted to have some children of her own and secure along with her mother Wyelde, and some others from the orca lands wield had gained influence over to create a bloodline.

Also to point out, each of these noble families have their own influence and power over varying parts of the empire, and the ‘Vizier Capital’ follow the ‘Queen Capital, and the ‘Knight Capital’ which are the off shore colonies are under those others in that structure.

Oraora actually came into power as part of a long term shenaniganery, where Wyelde convinced Zora to step down and even helped her fake her death for a couple months. One part because Zora wanted to retire but still maintain influence, one part because it would help stabilize the Orcan lands and buy them into thinking they were getting a fairly tight grip on the queendom in general.

Wuuluu coming into power is interesting, because that’s actually based partly on her proving herself with the TSR and helping build this colony, and also Oraora dying valliantly in battle against the Glutt Spawn in this upcoming battle (I have that in my orders). It’s hard to say whether there’s foul play or just opportunism, but Zora still being alive and helping out Wuuluu along with TSR influence helps her be the proper heir and gain the title of Queen over any of those others Oraora was training.

She was sent to the TSR as *the* heir, after all, even if this was Oraora just doing something to get rid of what she saw as a luckless waste of time that Zora also happened to fairly like. Also any of Oraora’s kids would still be like, 2 at this point and in no position to contest it.

Wuuluu herself is starting up a whole lot of stuff and changing it all around, so that’s its own thing, but that’s been how the interqueendom intrigue has been operating up to this point.

Armies and Coffers of the HYD
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Night Elven Armies And Coffers (As of 236 AFD)
    Show

Coffers: 5(-2)/10 Treasure, 4/8 Naval Units, 6/14 Army Units
    Recruitment: +1 Treasure, +0 Units
    Trading Posts/Cities Controlled: 8/1 (+1 Treasure at turn-end)
    Favor Status: 0 with SoS, 0(+1?) with DSP, 2(-1) with TSR

Spoiler: TP Details
    Show

267/2/Mountain Goats
    278/2/Bloodfire
    280/1/Flavored Water
    282/1/Chickens>Copper
    288/2/Water Buffalo
    289/City/Wild Horses
    291/3/Desert Bell Seeds
    295/2/Salt
    307/2/Gold

Spoiler: Rocket Owned Land Tps Chronology (as of Round 10 opener)
    Show

R1: Nothing. HYD starts with TP 1 of 280 Flavored Water.
    R2: Nothing
    R3: Nothing
    R4: Nothing
    R5: Nothing
    R6: Nothing
    R7: IXK buy TP 2 of Maize in 281 (tables say they have TP 1?)
    R8: Hyd build a city in 289 for Wild Horses, and buy TP 1 of Chickens in 282.
    R9: Folk buy out TP 1 of Seafood,
    R10: Folk buy out TP 2 of Maize 281, TP 2 of Flavored Water 280, and TP 2 of 204 copper. Ta Seti buy out TP 3 of Maize 281, and TP 3 of Flavored Water 280.

Table
    280 Fla Wat HYD/FLK/ALO
    281 Maize IXK/FLK/ALO
    282 Chick* HYD/Open/Open
    289 Wild Horse (City, Crow own 289 supposedly but itÂ’s not in any of the standard trade posts) Open/Open/CRO/(HYD)
    268 Sea Food FLK/XX/XX
    204 Copper Open/FLK/XX

*(will be copper at start of next turn)

Spoiler: Current Armada
    Show
    To take a tally with their newfangled ‘writing’ shenanigans, the Nocturnal Hydra Nobles have started to tally their strength doing combat into a coherent manner. Figuring out ways to cross compare forces is essential. The Ier unit of measurement serves us in this end, taken from the strength of a top quality Ashir Cavalry. All of these measurements are approximations before even accounting for the fact that the IR measuring stick is itself an approximation.

Army Unit 2
    (Prince AzimÂ’s Cavalry Regiment) (220 IR)
    AzimÂ’s 200 Ashir Cavalry Riders (200 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    ~200 Horse Grooms (20 IR) (10 to 1 IR)

Army Unit 3
    (Orca Mercenary Squadron) (232 IR)
    50 Orca Warriors (150 IR) (1 to 3 IR)
    Orca War Chief riding a War Troll (22 IR) (15 to 1 IR for the War Troll, 7 to 1 IR for the Warchief)
    300 Peasant Orca, Uzii, and Goliath in tandem (60 IR)

Naval Unit 4
    (Her MajestyÂ’s Cannoe) (225 IR)
    150 Lamia Swashbucklers (50 IR) (3 to 1 IR)
    100 Lurker Lamia (50 IR) (2 to 1 IR)
    1 Lamia Captain and 24 CaptainÂ’s Crew (25 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    50 Night Elf Retinue (10 IR) (5 to 1 IR)
    200 Lamia Sirens (50 IR) (4 to 1 IR)
    20 Secondhand Orca Warriors (40 IR) (1 to 2 IR)

Naval Unit 5
    (Songstress Chacuu Vagabonds) (222 IR)
    Royal Chacuu Mount (10 to 1 IR)
    50 Lamia Chocobo Riders (50 IR)
    50 Barely-Tamed Chacuu (50 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    Queen Freya (Lamia Empress) (10 to 1 IR)
    400 Lamia Sirens (100 IR) (4 to 1 IR)

Army Unit 7
    LiyaeÂ’s Pirate Crew
    1 Adolescent Hydra Worm (25 IR) (1 to 25 IR)
    Plus all the tag-alongers she finds down below 305.

Army Unit 9
    (Bow Cavalry Division) (217 IR)
    2 Adolescent Hydra Worms (50 IR) (1 to 25 IR)
    99 Night Elven Bow Cavalry (132 IR) (3 to 4 IR)
    25 Ashir Cavalry (25 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    100 Peasants and load bearers (10 IR) (10 to 1 IR)

Army Unit 10
    (Bow Cavalry Division) (217 IR)
    2 Adolescent Hydra Worms (50 IR) (1 to 25 IR)
    99 Night Elven Bow Cavalry (132 IR) (3 to 4 IR)
    25 Ashir Cavalry (25 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    100 Peasants and load bearers (10 IR) (10 to 1 IR)
    (Possibly convert one of these into a naval unit?)

Naval Unit 12

Naval Unit 13

Spoiler: Sisterhood of Shards
    Show

Army Unit 11
    Predominantly Elf members, numbering at about 450 of varying strengths. Many of them are trained in archery.

Spoiler: Graveyard Pile
    Show

Spoiler: Battle for 268, Turn 8>9
    Show

Naval Unit 6 (Wiped Out)
    (Swashbuckler Lamias) (230 IR)
    300 Lamia Swashbucklers (100 IR) (3 to 1 IR)
    40 Lurker Lamia (20 IR) (2 to 1 IR)
    1 Lamia Captain and 49 CaptainÂ’s Crew (50 IR) (1 to 1 IR)
    50 Night Elf Retinue (10 IR) (5 to 1 IR)
    200 Lamia Sirens (50 IR) (4 to 1 IR)
    Army unit 8 (Wiped Out)
    Gifted from Soreni
    Army Unit 1 (Wiped Out)
    (Alaskan Bull Worm Division) (221 IR)
    Elder Hydra Worm (75 IR) (1 to 75 IR)
    80 Night Elven Bow Cavalry (106 IR) (3 to 4 IR)
    60 Night Elf Axotol spearmen (20 IR) (3 to 1 IR)
    200 Peasants and load bearers (20 IR) (10 to 1 IR)

Spoiler: Recruiting This Turn
    Show

Total Tech List: All Default Techs, Comp Bows, Equestrianism, War Drums, Coinage
    Flowerlands (Mamut) Codex
    Blightlands (Kiswa) Codex
    Spoiler: War Tech Table
    Show

Equipped Techs
    * Special Materials (none)
    * Armor (none)
    * Melee Weaponry (none)
    * Ranged Weaponry (Composite Bows) +1 Battles
    * Cavalry (Equestrianism) -10% friendly casualties
    * Scouts and Logistics (War Drums) +2 Tac Doc
    * War Beasts (none)
    * Fortifications (none)
    * Combat Drugs and Medicine (none)
    * Sappers and Siege Weapons (none)
    * Subterfuge (none)

Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2020-11-28 at 04:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Ko

Spoiler: Towerlady Zinnia
    Show

Dip: 1
    Mil: 4
    Opu: 7
    Faith: 4 => 5
    Int: 3 => 4

Actions:
    • [Int] Send out spies to the Horned King's lands.
      Though it is no secret that the Ko are spying, finding the diminutive should prove...difficult.
    • [Int] Interrogate the Prisoner
      Having captured what she presumes is one of the Horned King's 'paladins', Zinnia moves to extract as much information from him as possible.
    • [Int] Begin covert observation of the Archipelago [1/5]
    • [Faith] Formally adopt the Way of the Twin Skies (The Ko's name for the Trinity of Light)
    • [Faith] Investigate the Dagger
      A curious thing, and one worth investigating...
      ...However, it's secrets cannot elude us for long.

Non-Actions: Accept all embassies and gifts.

Military: 3 units led by Zinnia, 3 units led by Thorn

Treasury: 5

Spoiler: Trade Posts
    Show
    Kaff Beans 1, 3, and 4, Gems 2, Flower Wine 2, Silk TP 1, Copper 1 and 2, Cormet Stone TP 3, Rabbits 1 and 2.

Spoiler: Great Projects
    Show
    Trapped Towerhome: +1 to Battle Rolls in the region
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2020-11-28 at 11:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Clan Alqar
    Vassal of the Sokau Tribes!

Warchief Kylisa Alqar, Princess of Na'Karat
    Diplomacy: 4
    Military: 6
    Opulence: 3
    Faith: 5
    Intrigue: 1

Actions for Round 10
    • [Diplomacy] Colonize R29 (SUCCESS! - Roll of 10 boosted to 12 by enhanced Seek Aid)
      As military movements between the Blessed Vale and R27 begin, the land is declared safe for habitation under the Alqari banner. Merchants set up trade posts to exploit this new iron found in the north, and soon villages spring up to accompany them. A small, fertile region between the mountains is a wonderful place to call home and a good opportunity for many who seek to make a fortune among new fields. Having been untapped for so long, the question yet remains on weather or not the fields are appropriately fit for harvest... And if any blight yet remains in the area.
    • [Diplomacy] Stabilize The Upper Vale (R43 - FAIL)
      Clan Alqar works to repair the damage done by the formidable Clan Stingwraith and their past subjugation of people across the region. This involves much rebuilding and cooperation, but none are excited to be taxed yet again no matter how much help is given. The Alqari were just as violent as their old masters, so they hope to prove themselves better with more lenient laws.
    • [Military] Lord Asweld Ar-Konish (9) leads a quest to cleanse Arrakh-Rah of Evil! SUCCESS!
      All candidates have confirmed participation! Roll in above link neglected to include Targiz support, which guarantees success.
      Roll of (3 on 2d6) + (9 from Alqar's Lord Asweld Ar-Konish) + (2 from Targiz's Ces) + (2 from Uzi's Battle Mother Pain-Drop) + (2 from Scrimthun's Warspeaker Tior) + (2 from Sokau's Gọ̀uhrèi Sọró) + (0/2 from Scion's ???) + (2 from Hraban's Erwin Weitschritt von Braunschweig)
      Current total of 22 - which is above the TN! Potential max of 24.
    • [Military] Raise 2 units using Fortress
      The warchief's army grows each year, with yet more men taking up blades in defense of the homeland. The avian Hraelen from Dek'varro bring to bear their elegant style of knife fighting called Sukkomi, which involves constant movement, dodges, and dance-like grace. People find them to be capable entertainers as well as warriors, and thus their adoption with the army is well liked. Fighting and training side by side, many begin to lose their prejudice against Hraelen peoples.
    • [Faith] Seek aid for Colonization of R29! (SUCCESS!!)
      Done after the roll is complete using Blessed Dynasty Miracle blessing, regional great project, and faith bonuses!

Non Actions:
    Allow Uzi armies passage through Alqari land as thanks for their aid in last round's quest
    Grant the Sokau permission to buyout TPs

News and Rumors
    1. In the first few years of their marriage, two children are born to Tšrãák and Kylisa. The eldest, a daughter, is named Ñlæ (pronounced nye-lah), and the second child, a son, is named Īçeno (pronounced ee-sen-o).
    2. With Ells Ogra's passing, Merine mourns for weeks. Despite any rumors and slander that circulate in the land of the Targiz, she remains an icon of cooperation and strength among the Alqari by Merine's pressing. After a short trip to visit her gravesite (or ashes, or whatnot) and a quiet prayer to the stars to guide her into a kinder afterlife than the stranger faiths she served. To Merine, she only deserved the best that the afterlife had to offer.
    3. Cephri has become a monster. Enveloped in darkness and twisted towards evil, her mother Merine makes the heartbreaking decision to tell her husband that she does not want to have her home again. She loves her daughter, but this corruption has taken what she knows of her daughter from this plane already - they are no longer the same. Kylisa, leader of Alqar, finds this to be a heartless decision. She offers Cephri respite in secret, claiming that 'no family of hers will be cursed into an exile they did not earn by their own doing.'

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Military Units: 5 (1 Vale Guardians, 2 Alqari Warriors, 2 Lunar Scouts)
    Naval Units: 0

Regions Owned: [Blessed Vale 32] [Dek'varro 31] [Upper Vale 43] [NAME 27]
    Total Regions: 4
    Unit Cap: 11 (6 Capital Unit Cap + 6 Region Unit Cap + 0 Tech - 1 Vassals)

Cultural Identities:
    None

Military Specialization:
    None

Holy Artifacts:
    Tome of Stars (+1 to the effect of seek aid rolls once per turn)

Character Blessings:
    Blessed Dynasty - Twice per round, a ruler character descended from High Priestess and Thalesh'ir Merine may make a seek aid action targeting a roll has already been determined, so long as it is taken before the war deadline has passed.

Military Technologies:
    None

Heroes:
    Seer Makoa (7)
    Lord Asweld Ar-Konish (9)

Opulence Technologies:
    Irrigation - +1 to Stabilization Rolls
    Pottery - +1 to buyouts
    Writing (Hraban Runes) - +1 conversion defence, +1 to conversions in regions that share my writing system
    Animal Husbandry - +1 to opulence and diplomacy exploration
    Masonry - +1 to resist raids and sacks
    Sailing - Allows overseas exploration

Deals:
    Ruler is the daughter of SOT's ruler
    Agree to vassalize to the Sokau with a marriage alliance for the duration of our rulers' lifespans. I get region 48!

Regional Benefits:
    Blessed Vale, Mamut (32) [Capital Region, Map of Heaven (Great Project, +1 to seek aid), The Sunrise Citadel (Fortress, +2 Defense)]
    Dek'varro, Mamut (31), [None]
    Upper Vale, Mamut (43), [None]
    NAME, Mamut (27), [Standing Stone]

Secrets Whispered: 0
    Embassies: SCR, SKT
    Resources controlled:
    [Gems, Blessed Vale (32)], [Slaves, ??? (R48)]

Some general constellations recognized in Alqari culture and divinations include:
    The Loyal Hound - A symbol of bravery and companionship, a general shape of a seated hound with a paw extended; pointing north.
    The Phoenix - A symbol of purity and beginnings, appears to be a nearly symmetrical avian that the white comet flew towards when it cleaned the red sky.
    The Twin Crabs - A symbol of bounty and love, two crabs that together hold hands all year round.
    The Hidden Owl - A symbol of vigilance and protection, appears on the southern horizon for the winter and fall as a pair of watchful eyes.
    The Blighted Kraken - A symbol of sprawling chaos and evil, appears a mass of bright stars with no particular pattern all growing from a point and engulfing the area around them - like a mass of tentacles come to choke life from the world.
    The Bounding Deer - A symbol of success and health, a pattern that could be construed as any significant four-legged mammal in quick motion. It flees the Kraken.
    The Licking Toad - A symbol of life and exploration, looks to be a toad-like shape with its tongue pointing out at the crabs.
    The Fallen Tree - A symbol of corruption and sickness, most visible in the spring and summer months.
    The Wicked Snake - A symbol of cunning and danger, appears in an S shape and looks to be dueling or communicating with the Warrior.
    The Warrior - A symbol of innovation and conflict, a humanoid shape wielding a blade whose point is the Godstar.

Anomalies:
    The Godstar (The brightest star in the sky, said to be the heart of a distant deity now living or dead. Perhaps the end of the false dawn meant that it had finally finished bleeding.)
    The Seven Wanderers (Bright stars in the sky that are not easily traceable. They move not only with the year, but with change as if with a will of their own. They are coined planets, and do not appear to be useful for navigation. For the purposes of divination, however, the presence of a planet is considered to be a more exaggerated reading of what would come typically. Getting a planet mixed with a standard omen of evil would mean something truly wicked was coming.)

Last edited by Zayuz; 2020-11-28 at 01:47 PM.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

5. - Top - End - #395

BardGuy

Regions 194, 195, 196
    The Bel-Dan Armada
    Leader: The Triumvirate
    Reren-Sel-Lěra, Reren-Nal-Fě, and Reren-Cha-Jelě
    37-40 Era of Great Ocean

Actions:

1. [Diplomacy] Event

Ren-Pera-Don shows up at the Courtship with little interest in wooing the lady but a lot of interest in fighting the other suitors. The deposed Ren-Cha-Jelě joins his crew under a false name and offers her services to Etelis.

Spoiler: Subactions
    Show
    • Accept Anbroch Tribute
    • Trade Sailing to the Henanda for Irrigation
    • Trade Steering Oars to the Anbroch for Thin-Blood Elixir
    • Trade Masonry to the Blemmyae for 1 treasure

2. [Military] Raise a land unit
    Reren-Sel-Lěra's deeds in the subjugation of the dwarves are still renowned among the Bel-Dan-Ub, and warriors are still eager to serve her....

3. [Military] Raise a land unit
    ...but for every pirate who joins up with the stocky Reren, another pledges loyalty to Reren-Cha-Jelě.

4. [Military] Raise a naval unit
    Reren-Nal-Fě orders trees felled and ships built to support a potential expedition to the northern isles. By the time the canoes are complete, the bloodthirsty pirate is dead....

5. [Military] Send Ren-Cha-Fen to aid Alexios with the Cancer in the Tunnels: 17
    The aging pirate's research into and efforts against the Blight continue, before his return to Ten-Fuj-Sa-Cos....

Nonactions:
    1. Allow all religious conversions
    2. Rename Hero Ren-Cha-Fen to Ren-Pera-Don (Hero score 10)
    3. Submit to the Dream Speakers' Menagerie

Show
    • The Triumvirate enters the final stage of political chaos. Fighting breaks out in the Council, and three Ren-Ub are killed before Reren-Cha-Jelě unilaterally dismisses them. Reren-Nal-Fě attempts to capture the other Reren-Ub in a night attack, but their warriors are easily able to repulse his split forces. Reren-Cha-Jelě and Reren-Sel-Lěra begin drawing up plans for war, while Reren-Nal-Fě flees north with his surviving pirates.
    • Before any civil war can begin, Ren-Cha-Fen returns. The aging pirate is almost unrecognizable as the same one who once led the attack on the Sentinel Ship, his spine bent under the weight of his years and the horrors of Kincany. With him come his personal retinue and a small following of dwarves, but his reputation is enough to draw recruits from across the Armada's territories. By midyear of 40 Great Ocean, he has seized sole control of Ten-Fuj-Sa-Cos and defeated and executed Reren-Nal-Fě, with the remaining two Reren-Ub fleeing to lands unknown.
    • Reren Ren-Ben-Udula considers her own attempt to take control of the Armada, but her own realm proves difficult enough to subdue. Trade interruptions and popular discontent keep her absorbed in Melis until Ren-Cha-Fen's coup is a fait accomplit, though she sends an ambassador to him to work out her political position.
    • Some of Ren-Cha-Fen's followers split off from his band, worried that the new Reren will have to spend most of his time trying to control the Ren-Ub and less time plying the coasts. Their leader, who they soon acclaim as Ren, is a young man named Pera-Don ("Piranha"). His reputation matches his name; each new year, he offers to duel any pirate who wants his position, and, when he wins, uses a stone club to shatter the challenger's legs.
    • A group of mysterious sages accompanies Ren-Cha-Fen throughout Ten-Fuj-Sa-Cos, seemingly kept on retainer. Although no one knows why, plenty of people claim to know - from the innocent rumor that they're captives from along the coast to the more sinister tale that they're using the Reren to seize power and force the Bel-Dan-Ub to become landwalkers. Few consider them an immediate threat, though, especially since most of them are old and weak.

Show

Current Stats
    Diplomacy: 1
    Military: 10
    Opulence: 3
    Faith: 1
    Intrigue: 5

New Ruler Next Round? Yes: Reren Ren-Cha-Fen, Heretic Hero
    Diplomacy: 5 (4+1)
    Military: 2
    Opulence: 2
    Faith: 1
    Intrigue: 5 (4+1)
    Rolls here
    Expected Stat Bonuses: Military +2

Spoiler: Other notes
    Show

Land units: 2+2
    Naval units: 2+1

Treasure: 1+1

Heroes:
    • Ren-Cha-Fen Ren-Pera-Don (10)
    • Ben-Udula (10)

Favors:

Resources controlled:
    • 193: Avocado
    • 216: Droggen Berries

Techs:
    • Sailing
    • Animal Husbandry
    • Writing (Veramondi Logography)
    • Masonry
    • Pottery
    • Crab-Claw Sails (req. Sailing)
    • Steering Oars (req. Sailing)

Cultural Identity: Naval Networks
    Effect: Increased die size on buyouts.

Tactical Doctrine: Lightning Landings
    Effect: On a successful Tactical Maneuvering roll, negate the +4 defender bonus for attacks over Deep Water borders (including naval invasions).
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2020-11-23 at 08:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Soreni
    Spoiler: Leader Stats
    Show
    • Diplomacy 10
    • Opulence 5
    • Military 10
    • Faith 1
    • Intrigue 5

Actions:
    [DIP] Raise Reputation with SoS 14
    [MIL] Recruit Unit
    [MIL] Recruit Unit
    [OPU] Obtain Treasure
    [OPU] Expedition East of 309 14 (link coming soon)

Nonactions:
    Support NAH buyout of Pronghorns

News and Rumors:
    TBA

Bookkeeping:
    Regions: 308, 309, 310
    Trading Posts: Silver, Blightspawn, Iron
    Technology: Animal Handling, Coinage, Irrigation, Pottery, Sailing, War Drums, Writing
    Last edited by D&D_Fan; 2020-11-21 at 06:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Veramondo
    Region 218: Veramondo
    Region 228: Adzbark Wetlands
    Region 229: Flaschorikia

Actions
    Rolls

[Diplomacy] Send an Inquest southwards from Region 230

[Diplomacy] Raise Reputation with DSP to 3
    Spend a treasure on this roll.

[Military] Construct Fortress in Veramondo

[Faith] Set Way of Green 5 HC bonus to +1 to Buyouts

[Faith] Convert 209 to the Way of Green

Nonactions

Support conversions to Way of Green
    Resist everything else.
    Submit to the Kiswan Collection and the Dreamspeaker Menagerie .

Vygra Embassy
    Trade Wheel and Axle for Animal Husbandry

News and Rumors

Spoiler: National Info
    Show
    Units: 9/10 land, 0/5 sea
    Treasure: 4/5 (+1 per round)
    Heroes:
    Kona: 9
    Relics:

Technologies:
    Animal Husbandry
    Irrigation
    Masonry
    Pottery
    Wheel and Axle
    Writing (Veramondi Logography)

Trade Posts:
    Cacao: 218.C, 218.1
    Flamingoes 229.C
    Stone: 213.1
    Timber: 192.1
    Wild Asses 212.1

CIs
    Practiced Debate: 2d8 on Conversions.

Rep Bonuses
    DSP 1: +1 Exploration
    SoS 1: +1 Stabilization
    SoS 2: +1 existing Hero related rolls
    TSR 1: +1 Establish Claim
    TSR 2: Incur distance losses every 5 regions.

Cities
    Kanorage (218) Does not count towards city count limits.

Spoiler: Ruler Info
    Show
    King Oram Hadev II
    Diplomacy: 7+1
    Opulence: 10
    Faith: 8+1
    Intrigue: 2

Descendants and Heirs:
    Prince Taro Hadev - Eldest Son, Heir
    Princess Kona Hadev - Oldest Daughter
    Prince Oram Hadev III - Youngest Son
    Princess Vari Hadev - Youngest Daughter
    Kata... Hadev? - Grandson
    Enavi Hadev - Granddaughter
    Karsha Hadev - Granddaughter

Spouse:
    Queen Enva Hadev

Other Family:
    Kortam Hadev: Cousin

Last edited by bc56; 2020-11-28 at 11:16 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #398

Sangar
    Region 136+135+132+157+159

Keeper Jia Polahi
    Dip 10
    Mil 2
    Op 7
    Faith 4
    Int 2

Actions:

1 [Military]Prenadi quests for the last time, to stop the heart of this evil (Assisting with ring) 19
    In her old bones, Prenadi knows that what she saw on the island must be destroyed. With reluctance, she bids Old Lion a farewell, as this will be her last quest. Whether she returns or not is no longer relevant, all that matters is ensuring she dies as she lived. With care, she leaves her spear behind to a young daughter of one of the Tillandians, who had perked her interest. If she returns, this young one might have potential....
    2 [Faith] Convert 131 to Ancient Ways 15
    With their power diplomatically in 131 in its height as the locals recognise the reach Sangar now has, Pledge's are quickly sent to teach them the proper Sangaran ways to think.

3 [Diplomacy 10] Form Great Kingdom: Symphony of Kalatar
    Sangar has come far from its status as little more than a city. Now, Holan and the Polahi family include countless people and vast stretches of the land around the river Kalatar. With her kinsmen in ruling positions or alliances across Tarandi, Jia presses all favours and powrs she have to organise them. Now, each branch of the Polahi family is intrinsically tied to their land, and have claim over it as long as they pay himage to Holan and Sangar. Jia's children are proclaimed the keepers of the Symphony of the lands, now and forevermore.

4 [Military] Hinarah Quests to Stop the Court of Joy (assisting) 14
    Meanwhile, reunited once again with Edge, the two riders join forces to adjourn the Court of Joy. Hinarah brings with him a recent innovation to Sangar, the bow. After all, if those who come close fall under the spell, why stay close at all?

5 [Faith] Commune with Great Mother
    Finally, Jia herself goes to Shandole, on a question of religion, yet this is quickly usurped by the Great Mothers arrival...
    Non-Actions:

Embassy Actions:
    Accept Democracy from shandole to send to CAW/WAR
    News and Rumours:

Spoiler: Bookkeeping
    Show
    Owned Trade Posts

136 TP1: Musical Instruments
    142 TP1: Eagles
    140 TP1: Skyclad Dancers
    113 TP2: Wood
    155 TP1: Wild Horses

1 Treasure generated per turn
    Embassy:
    CAW
    SHA
    DAN
    Claims: 131
    Orgs:
    Dreamspeakers: Rep 1,
    Sentinels of Stone Rep 1,
    Truthseekers: Rep 0
    https://www.familyecho.com/?p=WI66X&...50599954769564
    Technology: Masonry +1 resist raids and sacks
    Irrigation +1 stabalisation
    Animal Husbandry +1 Op and Dip Exploration
    Writing (CAW) +1 Conversion defence with same alphabet
    Pottery: +1 to buyouts
    Sailing
    Bows +1 to battle

Units: 8

Treasure: 1

Heroes: Prenadi Kilia 10
    Hinarah the Rider 9

Required Resource: Animals met)
    Last edited by Tentreto; 2020-11-28 at 03:39 PM.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

The Anbroch Reavers

Actions

1. [Military] Assist Alexios the undying in the Epic Quest: Cancer at the Roots, with Fiona MacDool (10) ] and Thin-Blood Elixir Fiona MacDool accompanied Alexios and Theodora on their way through the tunnels. Although not initially averse to the idea of an immortal veteran sentinel leading the charge, she became increasingly annoyed with his deference to Theodora's navigation over her own despite the fact that both heroes knew the location of the Womb, at one point remarking "These tunnels all have names ye know, ye don't have to refer ta this as 'the place where red water drips inta the gaping black mouth of the void,' and honestly we could have shaved days off our trip if ye had just turned left at the intersection of Fourth and MacGafferty like I suggested... oh for ****'s sake, I don't know why I even bother." As a result of the awkwardness at camp, she mostly kept company with her friend and Colleague Ren-Cha-Fen.
    2. [Military] Epic Quest: Cancer at the Vale, with Neno, who never hit a foe twice (10), Assistance from Ingkannu, Abiherism (Die size increased to 2d8), SoS rep 2 bonus, Thin-Blood Elixir, seek aid from the TSR, and spending a treasure. Roll 22 (+2 From Vygra Support not rolled at the time I made my roll) Neno travelled to the Courship of Arressa to recruit young men for the expedition, luring them in with some of the blood amber he gained from killing one of the first slithering wombs. The old troll hero Ingkannu met up with the motley group on the banks of the sur, and as they ventured deep into the realm of the shadows, the two veterans did their best to drill some discipline into the youngsters while facing the grim reality: many of the bright-eyed hopefulls would not make it home again.
    3. [Military] Raise 2 Units To reorganize her military, create the reaver caste, and hopefully begin repopulation of Kincany, Rosie MacGill orders all unmarried dwarves within the peasant militia to marry someone else within the ranks, then takes those that did not choose a partner, lines them up, and marries them off at random to create two divisions of reavers expected to work together. The three hundred excess women are made into their own company, called the Commandos.
    4. [Diplomacy] Attend Event: the Courtship of Arresa
    Spoiler: Subactions
    Show
    Give 1 Treasure to the Bel-Dan as Tribute
    Give Thin-blood Elixir to the Bel-Dan for Steering Oars
    Give Thin-Blood Elixir to the Bannanda for a promise of poisoning techniques to come
    Give Thin-Blood Elixir to the Veramondi for a promist of longspear training to come
    Give Thin-Blood Elixir to the Dhraan for Animal Husbandry

5. [Diplomacy] Contribute to the TSR Histories of the Kiswan Dynasties [2/5] Rosie MacGill sends out messengers insulting the pedigree of a few select nobles across Kiswa, the angry replies to which contain much valuable geneological information. This data is shared with the Truthseers.

Nonactions:
    Submit a family tree to the Histories of the Kiswan Dynasties

News and Rumors
    Eight years after the end of civil war, Rosie MacGill embarked on a reorganization of the Anbroch military, and in fact their entire society. She created a third caste in between the partisans and the nobles, known as Reavers. The Reavers were to be defined by their military service and by their freedoms. Sworn only to the Warlady personally, they were exempt from the taxes and dues of labor of the partisan caste, but were in exchange expected to provide their own food and lodgings, something they usually accomplished through violence. Permitted to own slaves and choose their own names and marriages (within their caste), the Reavers were an answer to a region stripped of its partisan labor force and most of the nobles they supported, but with a continuing need to maintain a large military presence to preserve its remaining independence.

Show

"Matriarch" Rosie MacGill
    Spoiler: Biography
    Show

Stats:
    5 Diplomacy
    10 Military
    2 Opulence
    1 Faith
    8 Intrigue

Attribute Improvements: +1 Diplomacy

No New Ruler next round.

Spoiler: Inheritance Information
    Show

Important Figures:
    Rosie MacGill (46 yrs): The adopted daughter of Warlady Mollie MacGill and biological daughter of the Matriarch, a lot of negotiations had been conducted to put her in line to inherit more power than either posessed alone. Ruling in the wake of the Warlady's murder, she was not well liked by the soldiers.

Tavish MacGrath (44 yrs): Third-in-line for the patriarchy of House MacGrath, Tavish quickly became first-in-line during the civil war. Lover of the Warlady, his caldera fortress Slocdun keep is an important asset for the Anbroch.

Charlie MacGill (40 yrs): The son of the Patriarch and Matriarch, he has been imprisoned since he led a rebellion against his Sister.

Show

Land Units: 2
    Partisan Militia: As Battlemistress after Battlemistress has fallen in battle against rebels and shadows, this partisan levy is currently the majority of the Anbroch's land forces.
    The Stouthearts: A few Battlemistresses stayed behind as partisans and nobles of less stern stuff fled during the civil war and the blight. They remain still, accompanied by their quads in the traditional Anbroch fashion.
    Naval Units: 2
    Luthrails of the North: Luthrail veteran sailors, hardened by bearing the brunt of the Bel-Dan's raids for so long.
    Luthrails of the South: A motley crew of Luthrail fishermen from the erapira, fighting with their traditional staves.
    Trade posts:
    Region 212 TP 2: Wild Asses
    CI: Never Again (Increased Die Size on duels)
    Heroes:
    Neno, who never hit a foe twice (10)
    Fiona MacDool, the poisoner (10)

Technologies:
    Crab-Claw Sails
    Masonry
    Pottery
    Sailing
    Thin-Blood Elixir
    Wheel and Axle
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2020-11-28 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 10
    [Uzii Protectorate of Mamut]

[Homage Closed-Fist Mudmore]
    Region(s): 33, 39, 40, 42

Actions:
    1. [Military] Defend in region 33 against the False Name, Marrow-Crush, with 7 units, led by Homage Closed-Fist [Mil 7, +1 Tactical Roll {Soul Honor}, -1 Tactical Roll from Unit Size, +2 Black Iron; Demand a Duel (2d8), capture whomever comes; Reckless Attack]
      A challenge to the Homage's position must be answered. But the False Name "Marrow-Crush" is being back by the Hounds of the Crimson Kingdom. Though the Homage attempts to seek a diplomatic solution, the so called 'Snort Tusker' in No-Climb Cliffs does not follow traditions. There will be no mercy for those instigating trouble in Protectorate lands.
    2. [Military] Raise two Fight Throngs [Fortress]
      No-Climb Cliffs was just begging to be climbed. Now, however... now we know of the Crimson Kingdom. Of their mass slavery. Of their cannibalism. Of their desire to 'test' Mamut. The Uzii have a question for the Crimson Kingdom: Are they stronger than the Uzii? To bring to them a greater challenge, the Uzii prepare.
    3. [Military] Raise a Float Bash in Rodrak
      The Fight Throngs of the Uzii have gotten large, and so they need more boats to ferry them to help protect Mamut.
    4. [Military] Raise a Fight Throng in No-Climb Cliffs.
      The vast plains of No-Climb Cliffs comes with an eclectic group of individuals seeking to be trained into a fighting force.
    5. [Military] Raise a Fight Throng in No-Climb Cliffs.
      The vast plains of No-Climb Cliffs comes with an eclectic group of individuals seeking to be trained into a fighting force.
    6. [Military] Send Battle Mother Pain-drop to assist the Alqar in Questing (Roll: 16)
      Though the Battle Mother desperately wishes to fight against the Crimson Kingdom's forces, preventing the vile spirit of Arrakh-Rah from becoming a larger threat is in all of Mamut's best interests.

Non-Actions:
    • Support conversion of any owned regions to Soul Honor. Resist conversion for any other faiths.
    • Spend (1) Favor to raise the Dreamspeakers rep to 2.
    • Spend (2) Favors to ask the Sentinels to retire a hero to fight for the Uzii. Spend an additional favor to remain at Rep 3. Ex-Sentinel, Sword-Strike Stoneborn (roll: 10)

Show

• Homage Closed-fist's firstborn son and daughter have earned their names. His second son passed away during the attempt to earn a name, but his third son and on all survived. The firstborn son - a recognized Shaman of Den Mudmore - is named Far-reach Mudmore. The newest Den Daughter is Rose-blood Mudmore, and is rumored to revere Pain-drop Redmoon to the point of herself wanting to be a Battle Mother. The third born son is a powerful warrior and Battle Toad rider, and claims the name Wild-Swing Mudmore.
    • The next Snortsmoot is upon us, and many of the current Tuskers are only slightly older than Homage Closed-Fist. Tusker Hate-grip - the Homage's father - fights for his right to continue leading Snort Mudmore, and loses. The new Tusker of Snort Mudmore is Dusk-rump Mudmore.
    • While the Homage retains his position in this Snortsmoot, many other changes take place. Old Tuskers from various Snorts are either slain honorable in combat or wisely retire. Old Crack-Back Toadgrow (thought to be pushing an impressive 80 years old!) goes down swinging, his grandson Four-leap helping the old man to his final resting place. Proud-Laugh Rocktusk chooses to let his children fight it out amongst themselves, with the strongest becoming the new Tusker of the Rocktusk Snort. Huge-grin Rocktusk takes his place amongst the Homage's Tuskers, and is a big supporter of Closed-fist's Rules for Punching Others.
    • Ko-Ball is very popular in Swampum, and so after another season where the Big Strongs only do middling at best, the Homage is forced to ask Coach Head-strong Goadrun to retire. As he is getting on in years, he accepts with little fuss. Assistant Shaman Coach Long-ache Goadrun will help train a new Coach from the Goadrun Clan and a Shaman from the Rocktusk Snort - Think-through Rocktusk - is called upon to take over as Assistant Shaman Coach in four years. The new Coach, Roar-more Goadrun, has done very well in local Uzii leagues as both a player and a coach, but all eyes are on him to do well in the next season.
    • Some well known names pass away in these four years. Hate-grip Mudmore dies, a proud father, and well regarded former leader. Proud-Laugh Rocktusk dies trying to learn to play Ko-Ball at the age of 75, fifteen years over the typical age of an Uzii patron. His name will live on in the Stadium dedicated to the sport he died trying to play. Young-Blood Fastchuck and Down-Tooth Jumpgood - both of Ko-Ball fame - die fighting each other. Rumors report that they were fighting over who should have juked left and who should have juked right during a Ko-Ball match that happened over twenty years ago. They will be missed. Former Coach Head-strong Goadrun takes over as a Uzii Game-Talker, but many know that he will be an Ancestor Spirit soon, and a current Big Strong veteran, Fast-proof Proudhoof, is helping the former coach and is likely to take over when Head-strong passes.
    • Toad Racing continues to hold the attentions of the breeders of Battle Toads.
    • Ces Arnif, the Fallen Sentinel - known to some Uzii as "Mask-punch" - is invited to visit Swampum whenever he feels like it; but Shaman Deep-Sigh feels that after seven years, the Hero of Targiz has been trained enough and is only returning to 'train' as a way to avoid other responsibilities. With this in mind, the Tusker Shaman decides that if he wishes to stay, "Mask-punch" Arnif will need to fight a local champion each time he wants to enter the territory of another Snort. The Homage supports this idea; as do the other Tuskers, who are eager to train themselves on the now infamous "Mask-punch".
    • Fort Death-Grasp! We won't stand to take no gruff! Fort Death-Grasp! Been remade into harder stuff!

Show

Homage Closed-Fist Mudmore D M O F I
    Current 10 5 3 4 4
    Starting Stats 5 3 2 4 4
    End of round 5 0 1 1 0 0
    End of round 6 1 1 0 0 0
    End of round 7 2 0 0 0 0
    End of round 8 2 0 0 0 0
    End of round 9 0 0 0 0 0

New Ruler Next Round

Expected Stat Bonuses: +2 Mil

Spoiler: Kingdom Information
    Show

Embassies:
    • Targiz
    • Scrim

Techs:
    • Animal Husbandry
    • Writing
    • Masonry
    • Irrigation
    • Pottery
    • Stage Plays

Hero(es):
    • Battle Mother Pain-Drop Redmoon (Mil 10)

Units:
    • (7) Fight Throngs [Melee]
    • (1) Float Bash [Naval]

Great Projects:
    • (Region 39) "Rules for Punching Others" [Defend Errant Questing via Dueling, rather then Diplomacy]

Last edited by Gengy; 2020-11-23 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The Dannu-Gaon Tribes, but with Money
    Chiefs: Nocter Irin-Mak and Noctrix Sare-Mak

News and Rumors
    - placeholder

[Opulence] Buyout Region 124 Wood TP2 [TN 12, Roll 16, Success unless resisted] - With logging operations in Star's End greatly reduced and the threat of wood shortage beginning to be felt in Danneta-Yvaon, the search for new sources is intense - in the end, a new site is chosen, deepwoods to the northeast being squatted on by a bunch of scavengers. A bit of cash hires some mercenaries to drive off the raiders so normal operations can resume.

[Mil] Kelsos the Lame leads a party to slay the Dread Heart of Azumaba! (spent 3 Treasure) [TN 26 (w/assist), Roll 29 (w/assist), Success] - When Prenadi and Cleis return from their sortie to Azumaba and recount the dread things they encountered in the depths, and know they cannot clear it alone, aid comes from the west. While much of the actual wealth comes from fraught Thade, where Eleftherians threatened by the Court of Joy yet see hope of recovering their ancestral homeland from the Heart of Darkness that has claimed it, it is the House of Mak and its connections that officially launch the expedition. Though now over 60 years old and gray but tempered by experience, Kelsos is tapped to lead this motley band and joined by an array of others: Prenadi Kilia and Cleis of course, seeking to finish what they started before, but also the Ghostly Harbinger Vanaruk Mazendan summoned forth by the Viskari and stranger still a bizarre headless man from a distant land named Selay Kw'Okisi who scarcely spoke a word of any Tarandian language, forcing the procession of Dream Speakers accompanying him to translate even as they got a head start composing ballads. No expense was spared in preparing them for what lay ahead, with the finest equipment and supplies and guides to reach the Island. Kelsos also hired a Magi of the Strix's Quill who called herself Nila-Sen; though he did not follow the Way of Eauden himself, the witch wielded power over waves and ice that would surely be useful, and whatever faith could help would be appreciated. They all sailed out as ready as they could be, but still Kelsos sharpened his spear to drive through the Heart of God.

[Faith] Construct Windowless Tower in region 98 (2/3)
    [Faith] Construct Windowless Tower in region 98 (3/3) - An agreement is made with the Viskari that the Truthseers should have a proper haven in the west, nearer the Dannu-Gaon and Aran Viska. Like many things in the Civilized parts of Tarandi, House Mak's money and resources provide an impetus for rapid construction.

[Faith] Convert Region 109 to Way of Eauden (supported) [TN 12, Roll 21, Success] - As the self-proclaimed Wardens once more attempt to extend their reach over Uldra, Sere-Mak is quick to dispatch Sages of her own to root out this influence and drive out whatever vultures and maggots wish to feast on the new Chief's vulnerability.

[Faith] Seek the Blessed Isle! (spent 3 treasure) [TN 16, Roll 16, Success] - Freshly come of age, there is one final test that Pina-Mak's mother desires she face. She is prepared for it with the finest education they can muster, prior trials and strength gathered, incenses to sharpen the mind and spirit, training from the Circle. But in the end she must board the ship alone; whether she returns empty-handed or with a great blessing will set the tone for years to come.

Non-Actions
    - Support all Way of Eauden Conversions, resist all others.

Embassy Actions
    - Gift Democracy Technology to Clann Solais, as agreed.
    - Gift Wolf Riders Technology to The Arrok.
    - Accept 2 Treasure from Eleftheria.

Spoiler: Ruler Info
    Show

Nocter Irin-Mak and Noctrix Sare-Mak
    Diplomacy: 10
    Military: 1
    Faith: 8
    Intrigue: 6

Spoiler: Additional Notes
    Show

New Ruler Next Round?
    No

Military Units 2/6
    - Dannu-Gao Hunter Militia
    - Elf-Trained Riders

Treasure: 7/15
    (+2 passive treasure/round)

Relics:
    1x Ring of the Phoenix (Held by Kelsos)
    1x Phylactery of Claws (in Holy Order)

Heroes:
    - Kelsos the Lame (Hero 9)

Embassies:
    - Embassy with the Arrok
    - Embassy with Hiverness
    - Embassy with Clann Solais
    - Embassy with Shandole
    - Embassy with Eleftheria
    - Embassy with Aran Viska
    - Embassy with Sangar

Organizational Overview:
    Sentinels of the Stone: Rep 2, 1 favor
    Truthseers: Rep 4, 0 favors
    Dream Speakers: Rep 1, 1 favor

Temporary Cultural Identity - None
    Permanent Cultural Identities - EMPTY

Tactical Doctrines
    - Reckless Charge
    - Skirmishing
    - Cautious Advance

Technologies
    op - Irrigation, Writing [Hiverness Runes], Masonry, Pottery, Animal Husbandry, Sailing, Eleftherian Democracy
    mil - War Bows, Wolf Riders

- Special Materials
    - Armor
    - Weaponry
    - Ranged Weaponry - War Bows (+1 to Battle, requires wood)
    - Cavalry - Wolf Riders (+1 to Battle, requires canines)
    - Scouts and Logistics
    - War Beasts
    - Combat Drugs and Medicine
    - Fortifications
    - Sappers and Siege Weapons
    - Subterfuge

Trading posts (15, 2 treasure/round)
    - City of Danneta-Yvaon (96 Living Stone TP)
    - 96 (Living Stone) TP1
    - 110 (Midwives) TP1
    - 129 (Grousse Shark) TP1
    - 108 (Husky Dogs) TP3
    - 115 (Furs) TP3
    - 112 (Tin) TP1
    - 109 (Salt) TP2
    - 111 (Silver) TP3
    - 136 (Musical Instruments) TP3
    - 95 (Emeralds) TP1
    - 97 (Ivory) TP1
    - 130 (Horses) TP1
    - 133 (Lime) TP3
    - 120 (Granite) TP1

Official Faith (Way of Eauden)
    5 HS: +1 to Conversions
    10 HS: 2d8 when Dueling
    Miracle: Ability to cross Arctic Borders

Controlled Regions and Holy Sites:
    - 96: Way of Eauden (Holy Order: Circle of the Strix's Quill, Way of Eauden)
    - 95: Way of Eauden

Spoiler: Expected Stat Gains
    Show
    +2 Faith

Spoiler: Link to Rolls
    Show
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2020-11-28 at 04:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

🐎
    Ashirian Sultanate
    Led by the Sultan Zidan il Kasima
    D 10 • M 10 • O 2 • F 1 • I 5

News & Rumors
    • Chieftess Karra was warned that invasion would provoke a war. Surprising no one, Zidan musters his armies and rides north. If the orcs attempt to set sail across the narrow sea once again, the sultan will take their cherished fortress. He calls upon his sisters' husband, Shebitku to martial his archers and join him. Should Karra instead abandon her campaign and seek other lands to conquer, Zidan is content to let the sting of Kethix's defeat be the only consequence of her transgressions.
    • Advisors plea with the Dolod to normalize relations with the Dream Speakers.
    • The sultan's daughter, Kasima il Jana, returns to her family and half-heartedly entertains offers of marriage. Her younger sisters, Salma and Ayla, do their best to torment would-be suitors, mocking anyone who speaks fewer than three languages and can't control a spirited horse.
    • Tiba, Sharifa and High Priestess of Al-Sha, expires in her sleep at a truly advanced age. Her mummified remains are displayed a the rebuilt Solarium for a year before being interred in a gilded sarcophagus beneath the temple. The sultan and paladina pay their respects. Abandoning the tradition of the Triad, a single high priest is chosen to succeed Tiba. Coincidentally, the young new sharif is close friends with Vizier Jalal. Sharif Dhenzan is a vocal loyalist and endorses Ashirian rule.
    • The royal court welcomes Highnest as a protectorate of the Sultanate and offers the title of sharif to Kro Karael.

Actions
    • [Military] Invade 293 (No leader. 8 Units. Equestrianism and War Drums active. Aid NAH/HYD in 279 if intercepted. Aid ALO in 293 otherwise.) - Amira Amara marshals the sultan's army while Zidan rides ahead to deliver his sister and nephews north to Shebitku. While the Ashirians have no business with the rebel leader in 279, they don't shirk confrontation if they're denied passage through the region and will lend their might to Kehna.
    • [Diplomacy] Appease the Mother of Grief and her followers (18, Success) - It is a simple matter for the Ashir to offer irrefutable proof to the aggrieved peasants that the rash of stillbirths were caused by poisons in their farmland. The offending crops have been burned and the tainted topsoil buried. Zidan slashes grain taxes for two years in the Vesparre and Jana tours the effected villages to share in the mothers' grief and to pray with them.
    • [Intrigue] Investigate (10) - Arrest the man with the tigers eye pendant! He and all his conspirators will be apprehended and questioned exhaustively to expose other cells throughout the Sikar.
    • [Intrigue] Investigate (11) - Interrogate NAH soldiers to expose the Mockeries! With the cooperation of Kehna, Ashir inquisitors led by most cunning Amira Shiela question the Naherin army one warrior at a time to expose inconsistent narratives regarding the recent string of murders.
    • [Intrigue] Investigate (17) - Exhausted by an inability to gain ground on the Mockeries, Zidan relaxes with his study of architecture. He engages local stone masons to build small models of what he has sketched over years of observing the Truthseer's tower so that he may appropriate their masonry innovations.
    • [Intrigue] Secret

Non-Actions
    • Accept all gifts, embassies, and vassals.
    • Al-Ashir mystics, such as they are, write to TSR and claim that the Sun Sword is rightful property of the Paladina. The blade was created to serve the champion of the immortal sun. Jana's resurrection is a clear sign of such favor.
    • Use 1 Favor with SOS to Stabilize 274.
    • Accept vassalage of CRO via embassy.
    • Accept Mamut Translation from HYD via embassy.

Show
    Stat gains: +2 Int
    Next Round: D 10 • M 10 • O 2 • F 1 • I 7

Regions: 274, 302, 303, 305, 307
    Capital: 302
    Treasure: 1
    Trading Posts: 302-1 Ashirian Horses, 279-1 Peppercorns
    Embassies: CRO, DOD, HYD, THU
    Technologies Known (Military): Composite Bows ❌, Equestrianism ⭐, War Drums ⭐
    Technologies Known (Other): Animal Husbandry, Pottery, Writing (Kagahara), Irrigation, Sailing, Coinage ⭐, Masonry, Mamut Translation

Hero: Jana Al-Zamira (10)

Army Units: 8 🐎🐎🐎🐎🏹🏹🛡️👳🏾
    _____• Sultan Zidan with 120 Elite Light Cavalry
    _____• Amira Shiela with 200 Light Cavalry
    _____• Amir Azur with 200 Light Cavalry
    _____• Amir Omar with 200 Light Cavalry
    _____• 200 Night Elf Archers
    _____• 200 Night Elf Archers
    _____• Sharif Bolshur with 400 Heavy Infantry
    _____• Sheikh Adamu with 1000 Light Infantry

Spoiler: Ashiric Phrasebook
    Show
    "A shala elem" - Traditional greeting, lit. "Be you at peace". Informally shortened to "A shala" and just "Shala". Used quite literally, it means they do not intend to fight you.
    "Ashta hazid" - "Hear this" or "Bear witness" or "I swear", lit. "Witness truth". A preface used to assert that what follows is avowed true and may not be disputed without most grievous insult.
    "Abin barat" - "Forty blessings". The standard number of blessings for a joyous occasion, such as marriage.
    Amir/a - Prince/ss
    Malak - Master or Great. Used as an aggrandizing modifier.

Spoiler: Peerage & Organization
    Show
    Malak Amir - The Grand Prince and leader of the Ashir. The Malak's successor is chosen from among any princes of the clan, though tradition has favored first born child as age, experience and strength tend to yield the best war leaders.
    Amir/a - A prince or princess. Any grandchild of any previous Malak Amir. As only matrilineal ties are definite and casual sex with multiple partners quite common, a male Malak Amir and his sons must avow that children are theirs. Known to be a reliably honest people, this is seldom an issue, but has assuredly led to some children being mislabeled as princes.
    Sharif - A lord or count. Regional rulers who are considered peers to Amirs and subordinates to the Malak Amir. A representative of a Sharif attends the Ashir royal court to relay their concerns and provide counsel.
    Sheikh - A chief or elder. Typically the leader of a village, the patriarch of a large family, or an overseer of arable land.
    Sahib - Anyone estimable person, usually a courtesy title for family of a Sharif or Sheikh.
    Akaid - A military captain who commands a company of 40 Farsan.
    Faris - A cavalier, or rider in an active war company. Plural: Farsan.
    Sayis - A cadet, groom, or squire too young to serve as a full fledged Faris.
    Muatin - A member of the clan who never served as Faris.
    Hajin - Anyone born to Ashir parents, but who never develops nightvision and is thus expelled from the clan upon reaching adulthood.
    Ajnabi - Anyone who is not Al-Ashir.

Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2020-11-28 at 06:02 PM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shandolé
    Round #10

---

Leader Stats
    • Diplomacy: 9
    • Military: 7
    • Opulence: 5
    • Faith: 5
    • Intrigue: 6

---

Actions

1. Explore the Region West of #177 Along the Coast
    • Diplomacy (9)
    • Use Sailing
    • Bonuses: +1 From Animal Husbandry, +1 From DSP Acquaintance
    • Roll: 2d6+11 vs TN 12
    • Result: 16 Success
    • Roll Link: Link

Zulaura & Edge set out again into the west riding the waves on Zulaura’s fleet, continuing their on going quest to search the further shores, seeking the headquarters of the the Sentinels’ of Stone and chasing rumors of faraway lands, places of legends and story spoken of by the Dream Speakers as Kiswa, Sikar and Mamut.

2. Raise Rep with the SOS
    • Diplomacy (9)
    • Bonuses: +1 from Treasure
    • Roll: 2d6+10 vs TN 14
    • Result: 15 Success

Spoiler: Letter From Edge to the SOS, Sending Gifts
    Show

To The Sentinels of the Stone
    From M’Eld’Quêth’Dóah, High Speaker of the Council of the Vale, aka Edge

My friends,

It has been many years now since Roland of the Rosewood has moved on into another life, but I still think of him often, as well has his mother, the courageous Sentinel known as Branwyn of Tarandi. The courage and perseverance of the Sentinels continues to be and inspiration to myself and many others and we shall never forget those who have fought for us.

I have introduced myself to the new shán sentinel, Valens, He certainly seems ready to carry on the tradition of perseverance, even if he may seem uncouth in the eyes of the Shándole Elders. I admit to being somewhat surprised that he should be so highly elevated in the order myself, but trust that there is more to him than first impressions suggest.

I am currently preparing to travel east to the far ocean and join battle against the blighted imposture king in his so called “Court of Joy”, but rumors of Blightspawn and trouble from around the whole world have reached my ears. I am reminded once more of the unending and daunting mission your order has taken upon itself and the sacrifices your heroes make to protect the very Ka of the World from its most terrible enemies. I speak on behalf of my whole nation, when I say we are grateful and hope that we may do our part in assisting in your noble purpose.

To such an end the Council of the Vale, along with the other high councils of Shandolé have collected a dozen gemstones, diamonds gathered from the cleansed nest of the Ember Bats. We send them to your order as a gift, confident that they shall be put to good purpose and noble ends.

May Simráh give you all strength and wisdom through all your days,
    Edge.

3. Convert Region #159 to the AW
    • Faith (5)
    • Bonuses: +2 from SAN Support, + 1 from writing
    • Roll: 2d6+8 vs TN 12
    • Result: 12 Success

Spoiler: Karíkí Travels Wider Tarandi Once Again, Teaching as she Goes
    Show

Karíkí’moshi’makana – Summer’s Hope Lingers - is taken once again by wanderlust and departs from her home in Shandolyn to travel Wider Tarandi. However, she has also taken a recent interest in spiritualism and theology. Writing a number of essays on the topic and taking it upon herself to discuss the topics in depth with those she meets along her way. Her charisma and social graces have only continued to bloom and her wit and skill in debate and persuasion have only grown as well.

She spends a year in the southern regions of Sangar, south of the Kalatar River, before journeying northward up the coast, where she finds herself in Breye and ingratiates herself in the court of the Thought King Himself, where she delightes in the ways of philosophy and argument.

During one long afternoon in court, spent drinking wine and discussing theology, one Breyewen noble after another is eventually forced to concede to her points, until finally one of them pours the last of the wine into Karíkí’s glass and states, “My dear, you really are quite the evangelist!”

“Evangelist? Me?” laughs Karíkí, raising the wine glass, “Nary so Cai, I’m just always right, an’ enjoy proving it so to others.”

4. Convert Braye (Region #129) to AW
    • Faith (5)
    • Bonuses: +2 From Breyewen Support, +1 From Writing, -1 From TS Interference
    • Roll: 2d6+7 vs TN 12
    • Result: 16 Success

5. Edge Quests in Thade (#133) to Support Old Lion Against the False Veret Haftian at the "Court of Joy"
    • Military/Hero (9)
    • Using Phoenix Ring for a +3 Assist
    • Bonuses: +1 from SOS Friendship, -1 Because TS hates heroics in their neighborhood
    • Roll: 2d6+9 vs TN 12
    • Result: 14 Success

---

Non Actions - WIP

Host an event: "Tarandi Theological Summit" at Winter Town.
    Commune with the Great Mother

Spoiler: Tarandi Theological Summit at Winter Town: Questioning a God
    Show

Tarandi Theological Summit at Winter Town: Questioning a God
    Those that spend an action to attend this event will have an opportunity to communicate with the Great Mother.

---

It begins with a rumble in the mountains. Small at first, little more than a rustle in the trees, it grows and spreads from the South until to the Shani it seems all of Tarandi must feel it. As once, the Children of the Great Mother who have remained in elven lands fall to their knees, and the Skyclad Dancers of Tri'Meloa behold a vision out of legend. Descending from the Mountains of Wrath, the Great Mother slides like an avalanche towards Shandolýn. Her head larger than the greatest shaní wigwams, her body an infinite tide of ivory scales, her coming blots out the horizon with a dazzling gleam. Panic is her vanguard, as those in her path fear the careless destruction of a child kicking over an ant hill, but the Great Mother moves with unerring confidence and lightning speed around all living things in her path. Those left in her wake are slow to realize that not a single building has been touched in her coming. Coiling around the mountains, she sends streams and rivers spraying into the air, banishing gravity for a time until the last rumble of her slithering fades. Coiling around the Santícemnáh Mountains, she looms down over Winter Town, fixing the Winter Hall with a single ice-blue eye as large as the hall itself. There is a susurrus from her nose, like the echo of a thousand snow-melt streams, before she releases a blast of hot air that sends a summer wind blowing down through the vales towards Summer Town. Satisfied with her overwhelming scrutiny, her neck slides back, depositing the Great Mother’s colossal head less than a mile from the gates of Winter Town.

[The Great Mother has appeared in Shandolé! Any kingdom spending an action to be present in the region may attempt to commune with the Great Mother this round, before she withdraws back to the deep wilderness.]

~ From E6 Round #10 Opener (Wonder: Paragraph #10)

---

As the mountain shook and the canyon of Winter Town rumbled, shaní hurried to shelter with cries of alarm and dread. Many called to their families and animals, seeking those dear to them amid the rising chaos. Most believed that an earthquake had struck the land.

Then the shadow of the rising serpent fell over the homes of Winter Town and panic turned to cold dread. Deep fears of the dreaded cimndíclâgení, the all-consuming Ice Worms of the glaciers, sprang to mind, but this serpent was larger even than those behemoths and her scales gleamed in pure shining ivory, rather than the jagged black ice of the cimndíclâgení. And rather than a maw of gnashing teeth descending upon them, the Great Mother’s enormous scrutinizing eye shone down. Beneath the cries of chaos, words of awe and recognition began to ripple through the shaní. All had heard the legends of the Great Mother and they realized they were in the presence of a mighty Can’Calah. Some bowed. Some cowered. Many simply stood in dumbstruck amazement.

Where he stood on the Winter Hall balcony, the captain of the Winter Council’s guard, Tessá’Lýn – Rain on the River – clutched his spear, his mouth agape, as the Great Mother leveled her gaze upon him. Both words and actions evaded him and he stood frozen, staring back at the deep pool of that eye. Then a hot hissing breath knocked him to the ground, before gusting through the canyon and on out, down the course of the Kalyn. When she finally lifted her gaze and shifted her great weight away, Tessá’Lýn simply sat on his ass, staring after her.

“Well done Tessá’Lýn’Dihn,” came a sarcastic voice, “Ye chaise it off! What would the Council do without yer gallant protection?!”

Tessá’Lýn blinked and looked up to see Novíkin’Westrí along with most of the Winter Council and the Eagle Lord, Toshá’Átrí, standing in the shadows of Winter Hall’s caverns. Westrí had his arms crossed and looked as cool and unconcerned as the icy peeks of the Santícemnahs themselves, but the rest of the gathering, at least, looked shaken and anxious. Even High Speaker Talákin’Záni’Quêzí, was pale.

“Get up Dinh,” Zán’Quêzí ordered, “Take yer men into the town below an’ try to restore some calm an’ order. Help any who might’a been wounded in the chaos an’ assist people in getting safely to their homes. Also see to it none chaise foolishly after the Can’Calah. The Winter Council shall address the Great Mother’s appearance shortly.”

Tessá’Lýn scrambled up and bowed to the Council and the Eagle Lord, “Uh… hrm, Aye’Siah. O’ course. My apologies.”

Westrí shook his head and stepped out of the way, so Tessá’Lýn could hurry toward the steps leading down into the town.

---

As the captain of the guard gathered his men and left the Hall the councilors all looked out beyond the balcony and the canyon to where the looming shape of the Great Mother’s head could still be seen resting about a mile from town near the bank of the river. Then they moved uneasily back into the chamber of the cavern.

The whole of the council was assembled, along with Toshá and Westrí. They’d been discussing plans for invading the Goblin Kingdom, but the crude maps and scrolls containing information of lands south of the Fylyn, now lay abandoned on the table.

“I kin we should put our previous discussion aside fer the time being,” Zán’Quêzí said in a slow deep voice.

Toshá clapped her beak with angry inpatients, but then tilted her eye toward the balcony and fluffed her feathers with a resigned sigh. “It does seem that more pressing matters have arrived upon our doorstep.”

“Aye,” agreed Tuadá’Lyndi. She had her hand on the lasso coiled on her hip, massaging the hemp fibers nervously.

“It seems the Great Mother has answered yer challenge Leósha’Lýndónah’Cai,” Zán’Quêzí said, and everyone turned their eyes over to the chief lore-master.

Lýndónah was standing near the back corner of the Hall, her back braids shining in the torchlight and her cornflower blue eyes pensive. “It seems she has,” she agreed, “I will go an’ address the Great Mother an’ ascertain her intentions here today.”

“Ye shouldn’t go alone,” Zán’Quêzí said, “Since I’ve been elected High Speaker, I may as well actually do some speaking. I shall attend with ye, Lore-master.”

“I’m going,” Toshá announced, “On behalf of Áquêzíbarûdolýn and the Blue Moon Council, I intend to confront this serpent.”

Westrí stepped up positioning himself close to Toshá’s right wing. When Zán’Quêzí met his eyes, Westrí simply stated, “I’m with Her Lordship.”

Zán’Quêzí folded his long fingers before him and nodded. “Very well, I shall attend Leósha’Lýndónah’Cai an’ Novíkin’Westrí’Dihn shall attend Toshá’Átrí’Siah, as they go out to speak with the Great Mother. I kin it best that the rest o’ ye remain in the security of these halls an’ help Tessá’Lýn’Dihn restore order here in town.”

“We should also prepare messages to send out to the Council o’ the Vale an’ Thunder Halls,” Kaíske’M’Kaskí said, “I believe Edge, uh, I mean High Speak M’Eld’Quêth’Dóah has recently landed in Summer Town an’ word can be quickly sent yonder south to Thunder Halls.”

Lýndónah nodded, “Let me seek words an’ find out what the Great Mother wants first, but I kin it will be wise to send messages to many o’ Wider Tarandi an’ those o’ the Orders as well. In fact, we may very well need their advice an’ support.”

---

Requests are sent to:

Skystruck Tree and the wise Thi’Skaid of the Wardens of the Awakened Realms, recognized as leaders in the Way of Death and to whom the shaní have often looked for spiritual wisdom and guidance in the past decades.
    ~ “We seek yer guidance and insights once again, Wise One.”

The Truthseers, who are renowned for seeing past the surface and sussing out the true intent behind the words of others.
    ~ “We kin there is little trust built between us, but we are not blind to yer skills an’ wisdom. If ye would be willing to attend the Winter Council an’ share what insights ye can on the words o’ the Great Mother, it would do much in furthering a new trust to be found between yer sisterhood an’ Shandolé.”

The Sentinels of the Stone. Edge seeks out the newly recognized shaní hero, Valens, to inform him of the situation and ask that he pass the news on to the Sentinels, along with a request from the Winter Council that the Order lend their expertise in understanding both monsters and those that wage war upon the blightspawn.
    ~ “So ye be called Valen’s now, aye? If yer not too busy a’hiding fer weeks in a dung heap in order t’ ambush Sludge-blights an’ Dire-rats, or with some other such pursuit . Maybe ye can pass this letter along t’ yer friends in the Sentinels.”

Invitations are sent to:

Keeper Jia Polahi and the priests of Sangar, recognized as leader in the Way of Song.
    ~ “We would be honored to host ye an’ your selected entourage in Winter Town an’ hear yer words an’ questions regarding this matter.”

Thought King Kartoffel and the philosophers and tantric masters of the Breyewen Tribe, recognized to be the leaders in the Way of Thought.
    ~ “We would be honored to host ye an’ your selected entourage in Winter Town an’ hear yer words an’ questions regarding this matter.”

Eaudan the Moon Goddess, via her two most famous oracles, Shysie of Hiverness and Neyrna of Arrok.
    ~ “Please pass our most respectful invitation on to Eauden, that she attends the Tarandi Theological Summit in Winter Town the ten days around the full moon nearest to Summer Solstice o’ this year. As the most widely respected Can’Calah in Tarandi, her words an’ questions fer the Great Mother would be greatly honored and appreciated. If the goddess o’ the moon is unable to attend in person, please be assure that ye, her oracles, will be made most welcome in her name, should ye wish to attend.”

The Atheist Philosophers of Eleftheria, who are strange but still respected and have a unique view on religions and gods.
    ~ Your perspective and wariness of the divine would be much appreciated in the matter. We would be honored to host ye an’ your selected entourage in Winter Town."

The Circle of the Strix's Quill, a recognized and respected religious order in Tarandi.

Circle of the Fanged Pack a recognized and respected religious order in Tarandi.

Other delegations from recognized orders or nations will doubtlessly hear the news of the Great Mother’s appearance. Though no more official invitations are sent out, Shandolé shall not forbit attendance nor deny passage through their lands to those that present themselves as guests of the Winter Council and give assurances of peaceful intentions and a desire to speak with the Great Mother at Winter Town.

Event thread link

Spend 1 Treasure on Raising Rep with the SOS

Support Conversions to the Ancient Ways, resist any other conversions.

Resist any Buyouts

---

Embassy Actions

Send Eleftherian Democracy to WAR via SAN.

---

News & Rumors

Having received a letter from the Eleftherian Council of Speakers, the Winter Council authorizes the the holy order of the Scribes of Simráh to pen a response.

Spoiler: Leósha’Lýndónah's Letter to Eleftheria
    Show

To our friends and allies of the eastern shores,

Thank you for the letter we have received this summer regarding the Great Mother. Your perspective and council was one we greatly hoped to hear in regards to this matter and we are regretful no emissary was able to come and speak on this in further depth here in Winter Town. Seasons allowing we would be pleased to accept you invitation to view this production you have announced of “The Crossing” and learn more about the history of Lost Azumaba and the cunning and faithlessness of your ancient god. Such lessons as history can give us should never be put aside nor ignored. Should you be inclined, our library would be happy to received a written transcript of your production, or any other scrolls detailing the history of your people, or your analysis on divinities. Indeed, the philosophy and wisdom of Elefetherians has already earned a well deserved reputation of being thorough, well crafted and practical. Many of our Elders regularly read and continually discuss “The Anatomy” written by your people. It has been taken to Ka by many and few can find fault in it, as least not without stirring up a hornets nest of protest from those that subscribe to it so closely.

As to the matter of the Great Mother, we would be happy to send you a written transcript of all that was asked and answered over these years she has spent looming over our mountains. Whether you judge all her words lies, or find any assurance or sense within them at all, we would welcome your further analysis. When first confronting the Great Mother, I told her plainly on behalf of our people, that we do not seek to follow nor worship any gods, as it not in accordance with the Ways. She told me she does not wish to be a god, nor does she seek the praise of religious followers. She called herself a protector and said she loves and protects all people and all this land, regardless of whether they cast any thought or regard to her at all. Her stated purpose and mission is to fight the “Nightmare,” which we take to mean the Blightspawn and the malevolence that spurs them.

Whether or not her words can be trusted we do not yet know. She arrived and has remain in both peace and benevolence, which we must count as a blessing considering the obvious power she has. Nonetheless, we sought the presence and council of the Truthseers, hoping their powers might shed light on any lies spoken by the Great Mother, but, alas, I am fearful that there is currently far too much trust lost between Shandolé and the Order of the Truthseers. Their distain for our ways and mistrust of us seems to lead them to speak us only masked truths and shrouded riddles that untangle to be naught but empty air. And even should they put their prejudices aside and speak the plain and honest truth to us, I suspect many here would not have the trust on hand to believe them. Indeed, it is this lack of faith in such organizations as the Truthseers and in Can’Calahs risen into divinities that makes us long for the wisdom and council of friends and allies, such as yourselves. For three years the Great Mother has spoken words unto the conclave, but the offered wisdoms of gods shall never displace our eagerness to hear the wisdom of mortals. Truth and insight, like the wind itself, comes upon us from many directions, both the expected and unexpected.

May Simráh grant the Great Cleis and all those who journey with them strength and wisdom on their quest and a will of Ka to see Azumaba cleansed and its shores returned to its rightful people. And may a fellowship of wisdom and alliances flow between our two nations, though all of Wider Tarandi stand between us.

Leósha’Lýndónah, Chief Shaman and Head of theScribes of Simráh.

---

Ruler Information

Spoiler: Talákin’Záni’Quêzí - Eagle Flies High and Sees All
    Show

Talákin’Záni’Quêzí - Eagle Flies High and Sees All
    High Speaker of the Winter Counsel

New Leader Next Round?: No

Current Stats
    • Diplomacy: 9
    • Military: 7
    • Opulence: 5
    • Faith: 5
    • Intrigue: 6

Expected Stat Increases: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Faith

---

Maps

Spoiler: Maps
    Show

---
    Last edited by Laura; 2020-12-01 at 04:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404

Candake of Ta Seti

Pharoh Aspelta Oases Seeker

Stats
    Dip 6
    Mil 7 (+3)
    Op 5
    Faith 2
    Int 4

Actions:

Military: Hire a unit: Alodite Archers

Military: Lead Invasion of 293 with 7 (5 land, 2 naval) units, Neferkare M10 +1 golden lion, bows +1, Equestrianism -10% casualties, war drums +2 tac doc rolls, will duel, tac doc Cautious Advance:

Despite possessing the largest kingdom in Northern Sikar, there is a degree of insecurity among those in Shebitku's inner circle. Surrounded by large kingdoms on each side, and lacking many of the major resources within its borders, the Alodite situation is considered unsustainable by many. Of the possible targets, the Orcs were the most ideal, despite the aridity of the land, it was ideal for grazing, rich in fuel, and salt. Of course, Zidan's petty squabbles over the truth seer HQ make a perfect pretense to seize valuable infrastructure.

Military hero Ka the Elder Crow roll 7:

Years of being Shebitku's adventuring partner and closest confidant has changed Ka, literally, into something entirely different. With a combination of an exemplary Alodite warrior. While no match for the truly gifted, Ka uses his wits and guile to make himself a formidable warrior.

Military: hire a land unit: Makurite Macemen

Military: Hire a naval unit: Alodite War Canoes

Non-actions
    Send Maat to the SOS
    Spend an SOS favor to raise rep

News and Rumors
    • Tributes from all corners of the Candake are sent to the rock of ages where the ascension of Shebitku is celebrated in the largest recorded gathering of Alodites in history. Slaves, cattle, exotic spices, and silk are all lain before the ascended Pharoh, each clan delivering their best to be judged. Clans that receive the blessing of Shebitku are allotted the best grazing lands while the lacking clans are granted grazing rights in the more marginal areas of the kingdom.
    • The shock of seeing massive orcish walls has shocked the Alodite forces, more accustomed to open maneuvering than the cramped close-quarters combat of siege warfare. Neferkare insists on deploying the war canoes on the lake and using them to slip past orcish scouts.
    • Death of Aspelta
    • In an effort to conjoin the most powerful elf families in the world Shebitku requests a hand in the marriage of one of the Nocturnal hydra's great princesses. In an elaborate ceremony, Shebitku is married Nephil securing his place within the royal family after Isis began reading rumors of a half-elf king. Unfortunately, the Ashirian princesses are none too pleased with the news, especially at the prospect of a foreign rival to their children, endangering their place on the throne.
    Last edited by Lleban; 2020-11-25 at 06:13 PM.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Clann Solais: Round 10 (Year 37-40)

Actions:

[Diplomacy]: Calder of the Stag declares that Clann Solais controls enough territory to be known as the Star Kingdom of Solais, though this fails to fully displace the old name save in official correspondence. Clann Solais Declares itself a Great Kingdom! (Diplomacy 10 Special)

[Intrigue]: Continue Work on the Star Watch (4/5)

[Intrigue]: Continue Work on the Star Watch (5/5)

[Intrigue]: Contribute an action to the Tales of Tarandi for the Dreamspeakers.

[Intrigue]: Secret Action

Rolls can be found... here.

Non-Actions:
    Resist all Buyouts.
    Spend a favor and go one favor into debt to Retire a Sentinel and recruit a Hero, with a +1 bonus to the roll! Roll can be found here.
    Spend a favor to increase reputation with the Dreamspeakers.

Embassy-Based Non-Actions:

Ruler Stats
    Calder of Stag: Diplomacy 10, Military 10, Opulence 6, Faith 2, Intrigue 4

Expected Stat Increases: Intrigue +2

News and Rumors:
    - After years of being stymied, the Star Watch is finally complete. The druids at Star's End reveal that they are capable of gaining limited but real insight into threats directed at those who have their protection, and will serve as a guardian for their leaders and heroes to head off skullduggery coming their way. (Great Project Benefit: +1 to defend against Assassination and Kidnapping)

- A keen eyed member of Clan Tower, looking to the mountains for inspiration, notices that someone has built a primitive structure in the branches of the Red King! What she found upon making the arduous climb to it is a teenaged boy and his hound, neither of whom had a name, and the surrounding areas full of the corpses of blightspawn. Word of this is picked up on by the Dreamspeakers, who in turn hear from the Sentinels of Stone that the boy matches the description of one of their trainees who went missing years ago, though the boy claims no memory of this. He does, however, take heart in discovering the people of Clann Solais, whom he apparently had no knowledge of until now. The clans welcome him in turn, and are stunned by his battle prowess despite his lack of winters. They name him Fionn of the Phoenix, easily recognizable by his incredible mane of golden hair and hooded tunic made of snow rabbit fur. Together with his trusty hound Jayk, in time they set out on one adventure after another. He considers each mission and task enjoyable, and some say their fun will never end.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2020-11-28 at 11:48 PM.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Deru
    Bhaile-Koma, region 37

We do not speak for the trees. We are the trees. By the grace of the Sannha, we stride.
    We are the blessed of the Sannha. We are all its children. By the sacred waters, we abide.

Leafhair (62)
    Diplomacy: 5
    Opulence: 2

1: Military 10 - Raise a Fortress (the Green Fields) in Bhaile-Koma.

2: Diplomacy 5 - Create an embassy with the Targiz.

3: Opulence - Hoard Treasure.

4: Opulence - Hoard Treasure.

5: Diplomacy - Raise reputation with the Truthseers [18]

Non-actions: Support all conversions, support all buyouts of unowned TP's.

News & Rumours

- In response to the request of the Truthseers, the Illians leap at the opportunity to wax poetic about their clans' history and within weeks have collected several generations of Illia's present line of Chosen - the Covenantes - and their forebears. link.

- As the fortress in Bhaile-Koma is completed, the memorial statue at its gate is unveiled - lovingly crafted by the sightless ones, the imposing figure of Ells Ogra watches over entrants to the new training grounds and arenas. The hero of the 2nd battle of Targiz, Ogra is known to the Deru as the Vicious Heel. Asha-Shuran, on returning from the battle, remarked on Ogra's bravery and steadfastness, and petitioned for the now-slain Inquisitor to live on in stone & spirit.

- Jofry begins the trials as his 10th year comes, and it is apparent to all observers that the boy struggles to keep pace with his classmates. Meanwhile, star students of Esfrey & Onfroy's year meet unusual resistance in their trials, several even failing altogether. The twins join their surviving peers in public sorrow for the families left behind.

- Norren's pack suppresses a major expedition into the foothills, and with the aid of the Grey Grove begins methodically sieging the remaining hill-forts of his wayward kin.

- A sizeable cult of the Corpse Flower has risen within Bhaile-Koma now that relations between Targiz and Deru have eased. Perhaps Rocnab will not be the last Targiz to happily walk the shores of the Sannha.

- There are celebrations, particularly among the cultists but beginning to broaden through the rest of Bhaile-Koma as the Canopies finish strong in the Ko-Ball League. The Big Strongs put up the fiercest resistance, with a budding rivalry developing between the two teams. Eyebrows are raised by some in Illia at the prospect of fielding a team, but this remains only a rumour.

Spoiler: Important Characters
    Show

The Brythions

Leafhair Brythion [62] - Caretaker of Illia & the Deru, wearer of the Circlet of Leaf & Chain. Installed in the midst of a succession crisis, Leafhair transformed the governance of the Deru from a loose group of religiously aligned groves into a hereditary monarchy in a union with the neighbouring Illia peoples. Wed to Elora, Chosen of Illia, the two rule in concert.

Elora Brythion née Covenantes [48] - Chosen of Illia, join ruler of Illia & the Deru. Wed to Leafhair. A standout warrior in a strong warrior culture, Elora has led the peoples of Illia for three decades, since her choosing. She has strengthened the power of the sightless ones, spiritual leaders & masons of Illia, made peace with the hill-dwellers by taking Norren the Mortal into vassalage, and presided over a prosperous aftermath of the new dawn. She and Leafhair have 3 children.

Esfrey Brythion [10] - Eldest daughter of Leafhair & Elora, Esfrey is a rambunctious and headstrong youngster, taking well to the traditional Illian trials. She has proven a precocious student, already achieving her right to bear spear & sling.

Onfroy Brythion [10] - Eldest son of Leafhair & Elora, twin brother of Esfrey, Onfroy is a similarly headstrong youngster, although a little less confrontational than his twin, preferring more thoughtful methods of dealing with those who contest him in the trials. He has progressed similarly swiftly in his studies, achieving his right to bear spear & inscribe letters.

Jofry Brythion [6] - Youngest son of Leafhair & Elora, Jofry is yet to commence the trials. He is an inquisitive child, but lacks the dexterous coordination of his siblings. Elora worries, but Leafhair is confident he'll find his way through the trials somehow.

Other Notables
    Norren the Mortal [141] - This cunning old dog-man leads the pack that serves Elora as her vassal. While in his youth the wily soldier fought long and hard against the Illians of the rock, when the war became so entrenched as to approach a war of extinction he betrayed the elders of his pack and led his fellow disaffected's over to Elora's side. Faced now with overwhelming odds the remaining packs retreated to their hill-forts to lick their wounds. Norren was charged with protecting the foothills, and with his pack now granted respite from the century of war and fed by the Illians is exceptionally effective. His pack has grown strong, and he now serves Leafhair & Elora as equal masters. His moniker was given by a soothsayer many moons ago who predicted his death in battle. Norren replied that while he is no more than mortal, his death will happen only when he so chooses. He has been tested and tested, and remains a capable warrior even has his age begins to catch up with him.

Asha-Shuran [34] - this young Wattlea is the Deru's finest tactician, outfighting all comers in a series of exhibition matches between the Grey Grove & Widhu's Wrath. A rarity among the Deru, she is renowned for her quick temper and agile mind, and is usually raring for a fight. She finds a kindred spirit in old Norren, and spends long hours discussing theories while the two hunt.

Spoiler: Admin
    Show

Required Resource - Living Beings (Satisfied with Cattle)

Leader stat increases:
    Dip+1, Opu +1

City in region 37 (Bhaile)

TP's:
    Region 37 TP1 (Living Wood)
    Region 42 TP1 (Cattle)

Techs:
    Animal Husbandry
    Writing (Hraban)(Elecctricat)
    Masonry

Naval Units: 0/4
    Units: 6/8
    The Grey Grove - Traditional Fuinn warrior-trees.
    Widhu's Wrath - A horde of woodland beasts guided by Castain custodians.
    Illia's Children - Well-organised band of proud young Illian warriors.
    Norren's Marauders - Savage & cunning band of hill-dwelling dog-men under the leadership of Norren the Mortal, in the service of the Chieftess of the Illia.
    Illia's Veterans - Age brings experience as well as scars - Illia is no peaceful place, and those warriors that survive are capable indeed.
    Ashan Grove - Asha-Shuran knows well the tales of the Ash Grove, and her own band of most loyal followers are similarly inclined to revel in past glories.

Heroes: Asha-Shuran (8).

Cultural Identity/ies: Children of the Sannha (2d8 on raising organisation reputation) (temporary).

Artifact(s):
    Circlet of Leaf & Chain: A stone chain circlet with ever-green wattle leaves entwined throughout, permitting communication with the voices of Councillors & Chosen past, granting +2 to own leader loss rolls when ruler is personally leading troops.

Tactical Doctrine/s: none.
    Last edited by Ausar; 2020-11-20 at 01:21 AM.
    "Into the Jaws of Death, into the Mouth of Hell;" (Tennyson)
    So shall you tread, once you pass the precipice of villainy.

17. - Top - End - #407

The Great Kingdom of Ngedhuun Thukhulu Saar Lhungho
    a.k.a.
    The River Lords

Years 237-240
    Region 221 - Troll Country (Ljung Ghrakka Saar)
    Region 220 - Unghlaban
    Region 210 - Narava
    Region 209 - Konraech
    Region 208 - Inkhwabi
    Region 202 - Lonn Dhakaa

King Ruunandaraghal
    Diplomacy 9
    Military 10
    Opulence 3
    Faith 1
    Intrigue 5

Actions

1. [Military] Use Fortress to Recruit 2 Units!
      The King always had need of more warriors - to kill Blightspawn, to ward off threats from without, and to attest to his power against rivals closer to home. Fortunately, victory against Blightspawn is a powerfully impressive method of garnering eager men desirous of the opportunity to prove themselves in battle, garnering prestige and fortune both through victory and their very status within the royal armies. That these warriors were not Dhraan did not go unnoticed by the Trollsmoot...

2. [Diplomacy] Attend the Courtship of Arrēsa
      Spoiler: Sub-Actions
      Show
      Trade Animal Husbandry to ANB in exchange for Thin-Blood Poison

The royal family was happy to allow Onoynoyis to attend the Henandan courting trials - it should keep him out of trouble, and give him a chance to meet with his family, besides.

3. [Military] Send Ingkannu Isidi to Aid Neno Who Never Hit A Foe Twice in the Epic Quest Cancer in the Vale! [Roll=auto-success]
      That boy really couldn't keep himself out of trouble anyhow, could he? Well, Neno at least seemed to believe they would not merely serve as food for the Blightspawn they sought to destroy, and he was trustworthy enough...

4. [Diplomacy] Aid the Dream Speakers with assembling their Traveling Menagery
      The Dream Speakers are invited and given formal audience with many of the great hunters of Narava, Unghlaban, and Ghrakka Lhungho Saar, who can attest to both the targets of their own hunts, and the legends told of beasts past.

5. [Opulence] Explore West of 202, following the Sewune's discoveries regarding the origin of the Gluttonous Shadows [Rolled: 12]
      Funding an expedition like this would face...considerable difficulties, all knew. But it was also considerably necessary, if the Shadows were to be eradicated in a timely fashion...

6. [Opulence] Exchange Trading Posts with VYG via Embassy
      Give Healing Herbs TP 1 in Troll Country (221) to VYG in exchange for Copper TP 2 in Lonn Dhakaa (202).

Non-Actions
    Use Ally status with Truthseers to host an event: The Reed Dance

Standing: Accept any Embassies or Technologies offered.

Submit an entry for the Dreamspeaker's Menagerie

Ask the Truthseers to Seek Aid for the Epic Quest Cancer in the Vale, at the cost of being indebted by 1 Favor.

News and Rumors

Spoiler: n&r prompts
    Show
    [*]Stories of Singhon[*]Folktale to write: The [First/Best/Most Famous] Sin-Eater[*]Banded Inghu hunt[*]Feelings about things in the 'Moot[*]Merchant class struggling with Blightspawn[*]Some royal family info

Spoiler: Recorded In Chorus
    Show

Treasure: 1/10

Units:
    7/12 Land Units [+2]
    1/6 Naval Units
    • Land:
    • Snapping Maw [20dh+++e/dw]
    • Gnashing Teeth [22dh+++e/dw]
    • Broken Scales [19dh++dw]
    • Spitting Stones [20dh++e]
    • Light Bringers [21dh+dh]
    • Shade Breakers [21dh+dh]
    • Efryt Primals [230vk++vk]
    • Naval:
    • Bloat Lurks [18dh+e/dw]

The Fallen:
    • River's Surge [20dh+++e/dw]
    • Lashing Tail [24dh++++e/dw/bd]
    • Vyrka Primals [230vk++vk]

Techs:
    Animal Husbandry
    Irrigation
    Sailing
    Pottery
    Crab-Claw Sails

Embassies:
    HEN
    UBT
    VYG

Organizations:
    SOS: +2 Rep, 0 Favors
    DSP: +1 Rep, 0 Favors (+1 Favor this turn)
    TSR: +3 Rep, 0 Favors (-1 Favor this turn)

Spoiler: Legends and Legacies
    Show

Troll King Haanhangandhal - Slain Through Subterfuge
    Dip 10
    Mil 8
    Opulence 5
    Faith 1
    Intrigue 2

High King Ruunandaraghal
    Projected Stat Growth:
    +1 Military (null)
    +1 Diplomacy
    +1 Opulence

The Royal Family:
    Royal Patriarch & High King Ruunandaraghal
    Great Chief ?
    Low King Mhanmosochaan
    Grand Princeps Tyja Pemmelg
    Herald Prince Parvahdi of Harkatna

Royal Matriarch & High Queen-Consort Ichippā of Henanda
    Great Wife Klarakrudkhani
    Low Queen Lorno MacGill, formerly of the Anbroch
    Grand Princess ?
    Eminent Princess Ingalhiikhudile

Scionary Prince Onoynoyis
    Firstborn-Prince-to-Klarakrudkhani,
    Secondborn-Princess-Klarakrudkhani, Kladhaarukughaal

Ingkannu Isidi, Champion and Daughter of Ghrakka Yonghalo,

Last edited by Rolepgeek; 2020-11-29 at 02:57 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Role P. Geek

18. - Top - End - #408

The Scrimthun Unity
    Glory be to Thun, which remembers what it is owed.
    (Round 10)

Actions:
    1. [Military]Epic Quest: Send Warspeaker Tior to assist Lord Asweld Ar-Konish of Clan Alqar (ALQ) on Celestial Exorcism. Success! Roll
    2. [Diplomacy]Build a Speaker’s Tavern in Arkusa (Region 65). (2/3)
      Now that Arkusa is safe again, it is time to invite representatives from the Dreamspeakers into Arkusa to oversee the construction process, and to make adjustments to the plans as they see fit to make the structure as they would like it.
    3. [Diplomacy]Build and complete a Speaker’s Tavern in Arkusa, earning one DSP rep and favour. (3/3)
      Finally, the time comes to go ahead and begin work on building the structure itself. But while the bunkhouse and attached facilities are a physical boon to the Dreamspeakers, what they represent is something far more important: a symbol that this is a place they are welcome, and safe.
    4. [Diplomacy]Press Claim: Press claim on Region 61. Spend 1 treasure. Great success! Roll
      With the hard work done of pressing across the snow and establishing communication with the locals, Nithor begins the even more difficult task of persuading the locals that it is in their interests to join their futures with Thun.
      Luckily, a demonstration of Thun's wealth, and a series of personal visits from the Thunspeaker are enough to persuade them to join.
    5. [Diplomacy]Assist the Truthseers in compiling the Histories of the Mamut Dynasties.
      Scrim scholars are more than happy to assist the Truthseers in untangling the complicated web that is the tangle of Scrim descendancy, and to assemble a detailed history of the sum of all the lineages of the Scrimspeakers in Thun. Unfortunately nothing can be done for the anarchic mess that is the Arkusans, but records are able to be transcribed from the oral traditions of the Tel'kolsans, and where those intersect with the "families" of Thun.

Non-Actions:
    1. Attend any events to which we are invited.
    2. Resist all buyouts.
    3. Support conversions to the Trinity of Light; resist conversion to all other faiths.
    4. Gain 1 Treasure at the beginning of the next round from passive income. Earlier trade continues to pay its dividends.
    5. Host an Event (using TSR Rep 3), the Conclave in the North. There are many matters of concern to all those living in Northern Mamut. In light of these woes, shared and otherwise, the Thunspeaker has requested that all of the neighbours of Thun, and the not-quite neighbours of the Alqar, attend a small gathering at the Thunspeaker’s palace, to discuss such things over truffles and imported wine.
    6. Submit the Family Tree of the Thunspeakers for review to the TSR, in hope of gaining a favour. At first, the Scrim were politely confused as to why anyone would request such a thing. After much patient explanation, the Scrim were prompt to provide records of everyone involved in carving every Thunspeaker to date.
    7. Spend 2 TSR favours and 1 Rep to have the Truthseers Join The Exalted Houses, establishing an embassy between the Scrim and the Ko (KOB). As with the Sentinels before, the Scrim have a very transactional view of their relationship with the Truthseers. So it is that they call upon their meticulously maintained records to call in the debts owed to them in the name of expanding the grand network of embassies the Scrim already maintain across Mamut, fully aware it might sour their reputation with the sisterhood somewhat to make such a demand.
    8. Spend 1 DSP favor to increase Rep. Indeed, the Scrim hope that as their reputation with the Truthseers wanes, their relationship with the Dreamspeakers might wax in turn. Not only have the Scrim done them a favour by constructing a Tavern for them, a haven and respite in the cruel Northern lands, they hope to become even closer to them by forgiving old debts where they might otherwise ask they be repaid.
    9. Change hero: Note the end of Ex-Sentinel Arcor's tenure as a Hero of Thun, and his replacement by Arman of the Jouraka-al-Thun. Arcor was not young when first he visited Thun to compile the slabs of prowess. Now, he is well and truly venerable. With the leave of the Thunspeaker, he has retired to live out his last few years. While the Thunspeaker offered to arrange for him to spend that time in comfort and luxury, he has instead elected to spend it in the wilderness, between the frost and the stars. The Scrim bid him farewell, seeing this as the closest a human might come to the death customs of Thun.
      In his place, not trusting that their rivals will not pounce on any opportunity, Nithor appoints Arman, a lover and friend, to be their personal bodyguard and right-hand-man. While Arman is not pleased that this may mean occasional lengthy separations from Nithor and the rest of the royal Jouraka, he is swift to accept, vowing to protect the Thunspeaker and Jouraka with his life, and to avenge them if something should befall them

Embassy Actions:
    • Trade 1 unit and the Arctic Survival tech to the Targiz (TAR) in exchange for the Increased Defense Budget tech, with an additional payment to be made if either party trades the tech on further before round 15.

News and Rumors:
    • The murmurs of rebellion against the Thunspeaker have simmered down again. Unfortunately for their political rivals, Nithor's handling of the situation in Arkusa was undeniably effective and as swift as could possibly be managed. Some try to argue that it was a wasteful expenditure of resources best spent on Scrim rather than humans, but at least for now, those sentiments have difficulty gaining traction.

Show
    Leader: Thunspeaker Nithor
    • Diplomacy: 8 [=>10]
    • Military: 3
    • Opulence: 6
    • Faith: 2
    • Intrigue: 1

Units: 7/10 [=>7/10]
    Passive Treasure Income: 1
    Treasure: 2/5 [=>2/5]
    Technologies:
    • Masonry
    • Writing (Hraban Runes)
    • Animal Husbandry
    • Pottery
    • Irrigation
    • Arctic Survival
    • [=>]Increased Defense Budget

Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2020-11-22 at 08:36 PM.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sewune of Gehudu Forest
    Regions: 216(C), 215

Round 10 Actions:

1. [Opulence 10] Become a Merchant Prince!

2. [Intrigue] Investigate the earthquake (use treasure) 19

3. [Military] Assist on Epic Quest: Cancer in the Vale with Dra ranu 16

4. [Opulence] Buyout region 214 TP 1 Seafood from open Success 14

5. [Intrigue] Secret 13

Non Actions:
    • Use 1 favour from the SoS to stabalise region 216 (Gehudu Forest)

Spoiler: Diplomatic arrangements
    Show

• Embassy with the Vygra

Show

"King" Yorick II:

Diplomacy: 6
    Military: 6
    Faith: 3
    Intrigue: 10

Spoiler: News and Rumours
    Show

Spoiler: Book Keeping
    Show

Spoiler: Trade Posts
    Show

Region Trade Post Slot Resource Category
    208 1 Gamebirds Living beings / food?
    210 2 Bananas Food
    211 3 Tvila Clay clay?
    213 2 Flint ??
    215 1 Artisans Skilled beings
    216 1 Sweet Droggen Berries Food
    216 2 Sweet Droggen Berries Food
    216 City Sweet Droggen Berries Food
    217 2 Sorghum Food
    218 3 Cacao Food
    221 3 Healing Herbs Medicine
    225 1 Elk Living beings?
    226 3 Copper Metal
    238 2 Granite Stone?
    240 1 Aquamarine Precious mineral
    241 2 Tin Metal

Spoiler: Treasure (4)
    Show

Round Reason Change Total
    4 Passive TP income +1 1
    4 Gift to sentinels of stone for rep -1 0
    5 Passive TP income +1 1
    5 Great Success Exploration +1 2
    6 Passive TP income +1 3
    6 Use one for investigation -1 2
    7 Passive TP Income +2 4
    7 Use on for the attack on blightspawn -1 3
    8 Passive TP Income +2 5
    8 Help stop unrest in 215 -1 4
    8 Assist on buyout -1 3
    9 Passive TP Income +2 5
    9 Investigate Shadows -1 4
    9 Investigate Shadows -1 3
    9 Investigate Shadows -1 2
    10 Passive TP Income +2 4
    10 Investigate earthquake -1 3
    10 Assist on Epic Quest -1 2

Spoiler: Military (4 units)
    Show

Name Ships Weapons
    Panneac yna husso No Bows
    Taan yna husso No Spears
    Vnied yna husso No Clubs
    Hidc yna husso No Fist

Hero
    Name Military Stat
    Dra ranu 8

Spoiler: Reputations
    Show

Organization Rank Favours
    Sentinels of the Stone 1 3
    Dream Speakers 0 0
    Truthseers 0 0

Spoiler: Great Projects
    Show

Project Name Project Progress Project Effect Project Location

Spoiler: Techs
    Show

Military
    Tech Name Primary Effect Primary Resource Primary Resource Met Military Slot
    Crab-Claw Sails -1 Distance Loss, permits exploration and troops transport over deeper waters Sailing Technology Yes Scouts and Logistics

Non Military
    Tech Name Primary Effect Primary Resource Primary Resource Met
    Animal Husbandry +1 to Opulence and Diplomacy exploration N/A Yes
    Masonry +1 to resist Raids and Sacks N/A Yes
    Irrigation +1 to Stabilization rolls N/A Yes
    Pottery +1 to Buyouts N/A Yes
    Sailing Permits exploration and troop transport over deep water borders N/A Yes
    Wheel and Axle +1 to Opulence Exploration, Overland exploration is not limited by adjacency. N/A Yes
    Writing (United Blemmyae Tribes Script) +1 Conversion Defence, +1 Conversions in regions that share your writing system. Sharing the technology shares the writing system. A new writing system may be adopted with a Great Project. N/A Yes

Spoiler: Ruler Actions
    Show

Spoiler: 'King' Yorick II
    Show

Attribute 5/10 Action Effect
    Diplomacy 5 Create Embassy An embassy with The Vygra was made.
    Military 5 Raise Hero Dra Ranu (8) is recognised
    Opulence 5 Raise City Manticore Rise now exists

Last edited by Moriko; 2020-11-25 at 04:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

NPC Actions
    Round Ten

The Sentinels of Stone
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Sentinels of the Stone (SOS) are an order of deeply mysterious itinerant warriors dedicated to slaying the twisted blightspawn that arose in the wake of the False Dawn. They wield unbreakable weapons of black stone and are rumored to be impervious to harm. Your most common interaction with them at game start is likely to be a Sentinel showing up, expecting your hospitality, and warning you against venturing into certain reaches until they return.

Slabs of Prowess (Open for submissions through Round 8): Bananda in Combat, Sangar in Combat, Uzii in Combat, Scrim in Combat, Alodite Styles, Koxrrit in Combat, Carrion Ward Styles, Soreni Styles, Dannu-Gaon Styles, Sọ́kǎu Tribes in Combat, Nocturnal Hydra in Combat, Shandole in Combat, Vygra in Combat, Ashir in Combat & Styles, Blemmyae in Combat, Veramondo Styles, Battle Mothers & Shaman, Goliath "Knife" Fighting, Fighting Styles of the Blemmyae, Fighting Styles of the Anbroch, Fighting Styles of the Nocturnal Hydra, Fighting Styles of the Trolls, Clann Arts and Crafts of War

Spoiler: SOS Treasure Tracker
    Show
    Donor Continent Treasure Amount
    ELF Tarandi 3
    HEN Kiswa 2
    VIS Tarandi 2
    BDA Kiswa 1
    SIR Kiswa 1
    TRL Kiswa 1
    SHN Tarandi 1
    VYG Kiswa 1
    TAR Mamut 4
    SKT Mamut 1
    HYD Sikar 2
    VER Tarandi 1
    SCR Mamut 1
    UBT Kiswa 1
    UZI Mamut 1
    SKO Sikar 4
    DAN Tarandi 1
    ULD Tarandi 1
    ALO Sikar 1
    IXK Sikar 1
    DOD Sikar 1
    SEW Kiswa 1
    ASH Sikar 3
    SOL Tarandi 1
    SOS - 4
    GRAND TOTAL - 41

Investigate the Blightspawn of Region 300 - After the pilgrimage of great heroes the lands of the deep desert of Sikar are a little less mysterious. A little less dangerous. But only so. There are terrors still to fill the nightmares of the staunchest warriors and the ravings of a hundred madmen. Reports from each of the kingdoms are taken in turn by aspiring Sentinels throughout Sikar. At first suspicious of the rambling braggadocious claims of Sikar Johnson, but with each corroborated tale the Sentinels grow more certain, and at last have their minds set in blackest iron once the trusted and famed Neferkare speaks on the matter. The wonders of the Golden Lions was evident and a blessing to the Sentinels eternal crusade but the heart of darkness must still be plumbed. Blades are sharpened, oaths sworn, and Aspiring Sentinels from across Sikar are gathered to investigate the shifting sands that spawn forth a tide of horrors. Clever Kro Thorael is consulted on navigating the deep desert, his skill paramount in the bonding quest prior, and members of the Sisters of the Shard are broached by local aspirants to look inwards to Sikar's own infestation before rushing off into unknown humid lands across the waves.

Theodora of Kiswa purges the Slithering Womb in Kincany - "Blood. Darkness. The scraping of twisted fingernails against the cold hard dank stones of the underworld. No. Not nails. Fangs. Slathering fangs suckling for food. Kill the Child. Kill. It must be done. Poison, coursing through the veins of the world, given by heroic hand, and now clearly an antidote. The eye is open but the mind cannot see. Cannot comprehend. The pulsing of life beyond lives. Motion without reason. It burns. Burns. A raging inferno of rebellion, anarchy, and mortal desire. Nothing but flickering embers to the pyre of virtuous vindication. Their lives will not be meaningless. Their sacrifice not in vain. Each stroke of the knife a passage in their eulogy, each plunge of the sword a memento mori, and they will all be accounted for. I swear it. I know it." - Theodora of Kiswa

Put forth a Bounty on finding the Eyrie of the Storm Bird! - Unsuccessful in their direct attempts at finding the majestic Storm Bird's Eyrie the Sentinels retreat to their Standing Stones and contemplate the matter for a time. Eventually, Agatha of Mamut puts forth that the people of her home are ingenuitive, relentless, and incredibly syncretic in their efforts when push came to shove. She is quick to amend that she means all of Mamut and not merely her birthplace amongst the Sokkau (Though takes a measure of pride in detailing their military prowess and maritime skill). The Storm Bird was a worthy cause to explore, one like the Golden Lions of Sikar could prove fruitful in their brobdingnagian quest, and yet they had more pressing matters directly involving the infestation of Blightspawn to contend with. Sending further Aspirants into the cold north to get lost or freeze to death in search of a titan that could slay even the largest and foulest of Blightspawn would be too great a drain on resources. Instead, the Sentinels offer a reward for the first kingdom to find the Eyrie for them. Request: Find the precise location of the Storm Birds Eyrie! Duration: Rounds 10-13. Reward: 2 Favors.

The Dream Speakers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dream Speakers (DSP) similarly wander the wilds, but where the Sentinels of the Stone do it in search of monsters the Speakers seem driven simply to explore. They are all blessed with the Twilight Sight, the ability to pass beyond normal dream and into a realm of grey fog where distances shorten and they can converse across half a world. They are skalds and storytellers, carrying in their hearts tales of peoples never seen by those living in the four starts. However, there is a shadow that follows them, as the Twilight Sight is known to occur in children with no relation to the Speakers, and they will come to collect their errant neophytes.

Manual of Mamut (5/5) (Open for submissions through Round 5): Uzii During the False Dawn, Blightspawn in the Blessed Vale, The River That Carved the World, Stories Gathered From Drunks and Gamblers Part 1, Stories Gathered From Drunks and Gamblers Part 2, A Den Mother's Warning: Small Print,

Kiswan Collection (Open for submissions through Round 8): Histories and myths of the Bananda, Songs of Korebita, Songs of Korbita Pt. 2, Why the Moon Rises in the Daytime

Help return that which was Lost - Wings-Of-Stars, Acindi, and the other Dream Speakers in search of the Ring of the Phoenix celebrate their victory! Partying and cavorting in the wake of such quick and easy success they roll forth from Edge's Embrace into the tumultuous territory of Aran Viska and continue all the way to the Aranin himself. They do not reveal their prize immediately, for word has spread already of their triumph, and though they do not put down an immediate price for their work they do not forget the boon offered by the Aranin. They drink, party, and flatter with important Viskari as they bide their time and eke out what silvered treasures they can. Elsewhere in the world, far far away, the sun is a far more present companion, and the Dream Speakers come forth with a proposition most peculiar. The Dolod, long self-declared enemies of the Dream Speakers, had been experiencing a number of civil movements in unrest, and this most recent one involving the disappearance of a prophet. The Dream Speakers come forth with an olive branch, for they are obsessed with uncovering missing or hidden things, and this particular case was most mystical and grand of all in Sikar. Missives are sent on their behalf, for though they wished for a peaceful communication they could not risk the ire of the Dolod, and a proposition is given; We will help to find your Eae if you will cease your unfounded persecution of our kind.

Secret

Send forth Selay Kw'Okisi to help stop The Heartbeat of God! - Newly acquired from the United Blemmyae Tribes the Dream Speaker Hero is whisked far far away through clandestine channels. They find themselves in a mysterious land, unlike anything they had seen before, and before the Blemmyae warrior has time to adjust the Dream Speakers point them towards the shores of Eleftheria. Though none amongst the Dream Speakers were great and powerful warriors they now had access to such a boon and were immediately interested in leveraging such a powerful individual for their cause. Tales of Heroes battling deities, exiled people returning to their homes, and great people looking introspectively to defeat their own mirrored reflections were all raving hits. Now was the time for the Dream Speakers to help make their own tale and indebt the Eleftherians to their cause. Though the Dream Speakers were wandering vagrants all they had a special place in their hearts for their homes of origin and vicariously returning home through the songs and tales of others. Today would be the day they had the greatest homecoming of all.

The Truthseers
    Spoiler
    Show

The Truthseers (TSR), in contrast to the Sentinels and the Speakers, are not known to travel far. Instead, this illusive sisterhood dispatches members from their windowless towers to join the courts of every powerful leader. Blessed with the ability to faultlessly discern truth from lie, they often become trusted advisors and confidants to those they serve. However, the nature of their abilities and their motives remain unknown to all.

Histories of the Tarandi Dynasties (5/5): Sangar: Line of Polahi, Dannu-Gaon: Line of Mak the Wise, Hiverness: Line of Chief Rayen of Wolfenhall, Eleftherians: Line of Nel Sorgen

Histories of the Sikarian Dynasties: Nocturnal Hydra: Line of Zora, Ashir: Line of the Amir, Crow's Tribe: Line of Ancestor Crow

Nocter Irin-Mak and Noctrix Sare-Mak are privy to a private meeting with several Crones of the Truthseer's highest orders. The ruling heads of the Dannu-Gaon, crafters of the Jewel of the North, leave the sequestered chambers of the Truthseers changed people. The greatest treasures of Danneta-Yvaon are but twinkling baubles now, their eyes fixed firmly to the horizon, and to the radiant glow of the Sun and Moon above. Their trades are paused for a time but soon renewed with unmatched vigor and the bonds of kin and family are forged ever tighter. The Truthseers request to humbly be treated as Sisters of the great clans and many a ritual is performed in honor of life and love in the eyes of all they deem to be kindred souls. Blessed be Civilization. Blessed be the Dannu-Gaon.

Offer to Seek Aid for any Friends of the Order While achieving friendship with the Truthseers was not always an easy process those who did so would be rewarded for their efforts. In kingdoms who claimed the friendship of the order diviners of the sisterhood present the chance to utilize their mystic arts to aid efforts by those aligned with the order's interests. While the Truthseers held no doctrine recognizable to the wider world as any now known to modern people such as the Trinity of Light or Abiherism their ways were the ways of civilization and those who shared them shared in a great fraternity of spirit whose boons could be greatly rewarding. (Request: Any Rep 2+ kingdom may choose to receive +1 from a Seek Aid to one action taken this round. Electing to accept this Seek Aid must be noted in the dice-roll post for the roll it is desired to be applied to. Reward/Cost: 1 Favor spent/indebted as a non-action. Duration: Round 10)

Collect Histories of the Mamut Dynasties (1/5) At the inquiring of the Uzii for a match for their beloved kin the Truthseers happily oblige, summoning forth a stranger to the lands of the Swampum, and one whose eloquence and brutality are dizzying. But before they finish such a marriage they give the Uzii a message, requesting it be given to all they had contact with, and soon such missives are given across all of Mamut. It seems as if the Truthseers are looking for something, beginning once more their trials of the blood, and desiring to compile and research the lineages of all the great houses of Mamut. In exchange they would be indebted to the Dynastic powers that be in Mamut and the will of the Sisterhood was a desirable thing for all civilized folks. Even the Uzii. (Request: Mamut-only, dynastic-rule only players welcome to aid in this endeavor. Gain max 1 Favor for creating and sharing a Family Tree. Gain max 1 Favor for aid action(s) to complete the Great Project. Max 2 Favors gainable per kingdom. Duration: Rounds 10-15)

Collect Histories of the Kiswan Dynasties (1/5) - Though the assassination of King Haanhangandhal shook the Truthseers trust in the polities of Kiswa the Sisterhood was not yet ready to abandon the lush lands of war, heroism, and mystery. Envoys from Troll Country and beyond soon spread through the lands of the kingdoms of Kiswa with an entreaty to acquiesce the histories and lineages of those dynastic rulers that came before. Bodyguards and sellswords are hired for the endeavor, the Truthseers wary of the bloodthirsty nature of some powers that be, and they quickly withdraw once the proclamation has been made to their Windowless Towers. Doubtlessly performing wonders and mysteries in the hopes of restoring civilization and harmony to the lands beyond the Sur. Drink at the font of civilization and know the peace of Unconquerable Nobility. (Request: Kiswa-only, dynastic-rule only players welcome to aid in this endeavor. Gain max 1 Favor for creating and sharing a Family Tree. Gain max 1 Favor for aid action(s) to complete the Great Project. Max 2 Favors gainable per kingdom. Duration: Rounds 10-15)
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

[accidental double post, actions found below]
    Last edited by JBarca; 2020-11-26 at 12:25 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Vygra Confluence
    Great Kingdom - Kiswa Regions 226, 225, 236, 237
    Turn 10

News and Rumors:
    Fulji Aruni has chafed over the last decade at her increasingly inactive role at home. While she spends much of her time training the new warriors, the blightspawn threat has been kept at bay in foreign lands. It is clear that she bristles at falling into Alexios' immortal shadow as he leads battles and forays into the heart of the shadowy enemy. Her temper shortens and her ire smolders as gossip circulates that her fire has dimmed with age. It is perhaps this resentment that fuels her harsh training of one closest to her: Angna, her granddaughter. Angna, just reaching adulthood, already has a powerful frame from years of arduous drilling, yet it is clear Aruni sets even higher expectations for her.

Actions:
    1) [Military] Recruit Unit
    2) [Military] Recruit Unit
    Under direction of Fulji Aruni, the peoples of the Confluence assemble new butho from across their lands, including Vygra and Humans alike. Though grim, they train for the day when their turn will come to defend their families and homes against the shadows ... or other threats

3) [Opulence] Exchange Trading Post (Embassy) - Exchange Region 202 TP2 (Copper) for Region 221 TP1 (Healing Herbs) from TRL
    Fulji Varsha works to arrange an exchange of resources with Ngedhuun Thukhulu Saar Lhungho, benefitting both lands with an increased variety of production.

4) [Military] Epic Quest - Cancer at the Roots: Alexios leads, Fiona MacDool, Ren-Cha-Fen, and Theodora of Kiswa assisting (Roll: 33)
    > Alexios 12 + SoS Rep2 bonus 1 + Assisting Heroes 6 + Techs (Black Iron Weapons, Thin-Blood Elixir) 2
    Alexios leads a group of heroes against a nest of the Gluttonous Shadows in the tunnels beneath Kincany. Depending on Theodora to guide on the trail she has walked once before, and with their black iron weapons coated in the Thin-Blood Elixir provided by Fiona, Alexios strides with implacable resolve while Ren-Cha-Fen watches their back. The shadows have held sway long enough, but he knows their time has come - the blight will die.

5) [Faith] Adopt Faith - Way of Green
    Over the last two decades since her marriage into the royal family of Veramondo, Tapsehi has withdrawn from many of the day-to-day responsibilities of a fulji, but has remained active in sharing advice and guiding civilian projects. In particular, she has shared insights into agriculture from Veramondo, and heading up programs of support for families of fallen warriors and victims of the gluttonous shadows. Recently, she has also been active in discussions with the Farah priests, and members of the newer faiths that have joined in the Confluence. Many of these discussions, some held publicly, compare the similarities in the stories of the Farah with the practices espoused by the Way of Green faith of their sister country. Over time, the appeal of unity and the ideals of the Way of Green draw in the Vygra and their southern counterparts. Finally, it is agreed that priests will travel between the two nations, and the Way of Green will be taught within the Confluence, and their ceremonies observed.

6) [Opulence] Opulence 10 Special: Develop Civilian Technology - Mountaineer Clothing
    > Type: Civilian Tech - Travel
    > Requirements: Furs and Hides
    > Benefit: Allows crossing of mountain borders (red borders).
    With the stories of impassable mountains to the west, Aruni sees a new challenge ... perhaps a last challenge. She must find if she can surmount the barrier that stopped Ocēmis. If it may be her last chance at finding the glory she seeks, she will need witnesses, and while she trusts her inner fire to sustain her, others are not so easily fortified. With the assistance of the Himmarat and the Yoan, protective clothing with layers of fur lining is designed and crafted for the expedition.

Non-actions:
    Trade Bronze tech to Sewune for a favor. (Embassy)
    Resist buyouts where not specified otherwise.

Spoiler: Leaders and Heroes
    Show
    Leader: Matji Khetra (Diplomacy 10; Military 10; Opulence 10; Faith 1; Intrigue 3)
    End-of-turn increase: Military +1, Opulence +1

Heroes: Fulji Aruni (9); Alexios the Undying (12)

Spoiler: Vygra Resources
    Show
    Techs: Irrigation, Animal Husbandry, Writing(UBT), Pottery, Masonry, Sailing, Bronze, Wheel and Axle, Crab-Claw Sails, Black Iron Weapons
    Units: 2 Vygra Butho, 1 Elkh-Waden, 1 Sentinel Aspirants
    Treasure: 5
    Favors: SOS (2)
    Capital City: Farahabi - Vyterrat Region 226
    Trading Posts 9 (+1 income):
    > Copper - 202 TP2, 226 TP2, 226 City
    > Furs and Hides - 237 TP1 & TP2
    > Granite - 238 TP1
    > Shale - 236 TP1
    > Timber - 192 TP2, 195 TP3
    Embassies: Veramondo (218), Lhungho Saar (221), Sewune (216)
    Last edited by Frostwander; 2020-11-25 at 12:26 AM.
    "It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Empire! 6 - The Vygra Confluence
    Empire! 7 - Costa Sereia
    Empire! 8 - Caipe Ushere

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Regions 19 and 36
    The Targiz
    Current Leader: Ank’Anske’Thalez’ir “Rose” Ogra
    Current Abilities: D1, M5, O6, F5, I1

Round 10

Ces Arnif stands with Rose on the edge of the great cliff. Only moments ago they had dropped Ogra’s defiled body onto the bones and flowers at its base – the whole ceremony striking Ces as disrespectful, but it was the way of the Targiz and who was he to judge. He mourned his master, his friend. Tears stained and corroded the copper eyehole of his half-mask, the edges somehow prematurely turning verdigris as he thought of antlers made of daggers – already his strained hold onto sobriety and sanity seemed to have leapt off the cliff along with Ogra’s corpse – a being of cold air and another of fire sat unseen on his shoulders, both dressed in black only perceived by Ces, also in mourning.

Rose stands silent and there are no tears in her eyes and instead her face holds a peaceful smile. One could think that she was thinking of her tutor, almost her mother, her friend, finding peace in the life beyond this one or the void that came before; one may think that, but often such thoughts are like being led into a flower field, hemp rope tied around one’s hands and neck – honey and wine being poured on one’s head and the incessant hum of insects in the night. One of Rose’s hands hangs by her side and onto it grasps the awkward and young hand of her son Gled. The confused air of the funeral has made him stand bravely but sadly by his mother who he holds onto as if he were drowning in the ocean and she a safe harbor. Rose’s other hand holds her newborn daughter, another large child with striking green eyes.

They stand there looking at red flowers below and eventually the man turns to the mother, his copper-flaked eye burnished in anger seemingly pleading with her for direction. Rose lets go of Gled’s hand, reaches out to Ces, and brings his masked face towards her chest, to hold him close in comfort. As she does so, she begins to softly hum, at first the melody truly was a comfort to Ces, and she started singing to him, the words forming a strange prayer, a strange Liturgy. He couldn’t focus on the words, he couldn’t make sense of them or their meaning, didn’t know how one related to another. He felt a sudden state of nausea and dislocation. He looked to his side at the young boy Gled, his charge, who smiled back at him; something took root in Ces’s mind.

Actions:
    • Opulence - Buyout [Region 38, TP #1] (Roll: Success)
    • Opulence - Create Trading Post [Region 19 – Flower Wine]

The land itself seems to breathe a sigh of relief and exhale in triumph over the hunt. For years after the Huntmaster’s first visitation, the flower fields of the Targiz were marred by blackened and salted stripes of ruined soil, and yet now, they bloom once again. Pale purple Nemophilas, grand arcs of white Spiraea, and golden Tropaeolums erupt from the derelict fields in a proud display of relieved victory. Shy and pale yellow honey suckle, along with pure white snowdrops, lilac Hyacinth, and pink and orange lilies and Lewisia bloom in rebirth as well. Bright yellow tre-foil, shockingly brilliant even among the other yellows of the Tropaeolums and honeysuckle, open their petals as well – revenge, after all, claims these fields as much as sweet victory. Wine, always flowing in the Targiz, now drowns Kursaal in its exuberant celebrations. No cup is empty.

• MilitaryEpic Quest [Ces Arnif assisting with the Celestial Exorcism of Arrakh Rah] (Roll: (Roll: Success))

He is drinking again and it seemed that the world was coming back into focus. The worst thing about sobriety was that it painted the world in false tones of drab clay – everything was worse as everyone was telling you that it was better. The bottom of a wine jug showed you the world in vivid purples and blues – the world spoke to you while without the liquor it stayed mostly silent. With Ogra gone into whatever messed up afterlife these Goliaths believed in, he could not tell, he knew that his Duty, that lodestone that Swampum taught him to give him direction, was to take care of Rose and her young family – and yet he was still full of doubts. Suddenly he felt someone enter his room and he turned expecting Ogra and then chiding himself that she was dead and gnawed and so expected Rose. Instead, it was the small boy Gled. Only four, the boy was already almost four feet tall, the Targiz blood coursing through his veins. He almost seemed like a young man already. He laughed at Ces’s reaction and implored him for a story. Ces unsure of how to handle the situation put down the wine and haltingly told him some tale but Gled made a dismissive sound and told him that he wanted an exciting story! Ces hesitated and thought back to his quests from long ago – long before he was Sherriff or even when he lived in the gutters. He thought about his exploits from when he was a Sentinel fighting against monsters. With hindsight, through a child’s eyes, the horrific battels suddenly seemed brighter and adventurous instead of merely grim. Ces smiled and launched into his tales and Gled listened in rapture. As Ces was talking, growing more and more animated, to Gled’s delight, he thought that perhaps he should create more stories for him to relate to young Master Gled. Closing his eyes he sees Ogra’s body tumbling down the rocky façade and being battered on the stones below, Gled’s smile and Rose’s words. Upon opening his eyes again and seeing the boy, that sense of displacement that struck him on the cliffs once again took hold of him; there was a strange urge to run as far as possible, to the frozen wastes of the north, away from any soil that would let a flower grow.

• Faith - Convert [Region #7] (Roll: Fail)
    • Faith - Convert [Region #16] (Roll: Success)

The Boutique of the Corpse Flower finds fertile soil and the Liturgy is repeated aloud above innocent and virgin petals that have not yet heard the songs of their sisters, their blossoms were like hungry lips and teeth slobbering for the rotting meat of truth.

• Military - Errant Quest Dark Dreams [Region #66] (Roll: Success, Conversion: Fail)

At night, when the Juhan Axemen look up into the sky and carve through their victims to ensure a dawn, in their homes, their huts, their hovels, most of the people of the land dream. Their dreams are of normal things – they are escapes from the horrors of the executioners – sleeping should be a respite.

One man dreams of fishing by the river but all the fish that he catches are bones – he is dreaming of hunger. One woman is dreaming of her husband, far away fighting a war and then returning, unbathed but standing, reeking but strong, she dreams of his hands and his mouth, his prickly beard on her chin – she is dreaming of passion. One child dreams of a fantastical landscape, where if one looks into the sky one does not see clouds or the open air but instead another world, a mirror looking back onto itself – they are dreaming of adventure. One elder, dreams of walking along a great path in the land and that each step feels lighter and lighter and that the path happens to pass by a pond as still as glass, looking in and seeing themselves with fresh and supple skin, hair no longer gray – they are dreaming of youth. Hundreds dream, perhaps more – their dreams their own below a twilight sun.

A shadow passes in the hazy sky of the dream, a moon, or an eclipse, the fluttering of moths. The angler reels in his skeleton fish, and instead it is a vine, a vine of thorns and on that vine are dying berries that convulse and teem with maggots trying to escape from their confines. The wife opens to door to welcome her husband into her embrace and standing there in his stead are four hooded priests, she bows her head to allow her to be bound and she walks with them naked into a field full of flowers, they begin to cover her with honey. The child is running upwards, looking at the land in the sky, their promised adventure, they hold a sword in their hand to slay the dragon in the upside realm of their imagination. They are running up the mountain now, ready for battle when suddenly it is night and there is no dragon, only the smell of corpses and looking down at their home they only see a hungering soil. The elder is walking along their path, the walk is long and they are thirsty, they reach the mirrored pond, except that it is not water and instead juice or wine, maroon and violet, they look at their reflection and they perceive that instead of their face, a great blossom, its inflorescence a giant lapping tongue.

They all wake, sweating and afraid, the nightmare being almost too real. They stand from their repose to remind themselves that it was only a dream. From their lips tumble the words of an unknown liturgy. They look around confused. They try to repeat themselves, but they do not know the words. From where did they come from? They get back into their beds and close their eyes, but unable to drift back into twilight, unsure of what may be waiting there for them.

The sounds of Axes falling upon wood echo outside.

Non-Actions:
    • Generate 2 Treasure with passive income (17 TP owned at beginning of round) –> 2 Treasure owned beginning of round.
    • Mechanically give “Petal Head” the Nightmare Pom.
    • Accept Embassy from Bhaile-Koma
    • Trade Increased Defense Budget to The Scrimthun Unity (SCR) in exchange for 1 Unit and Arctic Survival (Non-action through shared Embassy)
    • Accept Invitation of the Horned King
    • Resist all conversions and buyouts, unless explicitly stated

Spoiler: News
    Show

International News

Countries

The Crimson Kingdom, the supposed homeland of the Huntmaster and the Hounds, beckons with an invitation. There are those that urge Rose, now the recognized leader of the Targiz after Ogra’s untimely passing, to spurn it, but the young woman smiles pleasantly and tells them that she can not be afraid. Some take it as bravery, others as foolishness, and others still bow their heads and recognize her faith.

International Organizations

The recent acquisition of methods to survive the freezing tundra of the north reach the ears of various enterprising merchants of Kursaal at the same time as the Sentinels announcement that the Storm Bird’s Aerie lies past the ice wall. While some quake at the force of thunder others find that their heart beat with excitement. Wonders of course mean riches

Internal News

Religious Organizations

Spoiler: Liturgy
    Show
    “How sleepless the dying berries that fall from the face of the blameless, shall give birth to the seeds of the never-born to share with the moths that gather in the night to suckle honey from the teat of the mother and entomb the land with the marrow from their bones while the starless temples of faraway lands that only exist in the minds of those who could not think and will not think wait with baited breath on those thoughtless dreamers. The dark precipice of the cliff with the moon shining as the only light at day, those flowers shall come bloom and in the blinding light that is dark as pitch shall reveal the pollen that holds the truth of the lethal suppleness of the soil. The rich juice of nightmares are the wine of florets that shall take root within the throats and enrich the songs beyond what any woman can sing, and whether such singers rot and give themselves to the mushroom caps or have their bones given to the birds that never land upon the ground, the song shall bring the admission to all in the knowledge of the dying berry and the faces of the blameless shall light up with joy, for all their hidden sins will be borne anew like fruit in spring, given life by the soil fed by the dead. The planted flowers, their inflorescences rising to the midday moon shall blossom black roses and their lips shall kiss the singers who will bear the message of the passing of a dream, and that which wakes shall still know life beyond waking for decay is but passage back into the lands of vision and such visions shall remove the stain of knowing and lead those who listen to the realm of ignorance and the flames that know the names of the blameless, those liquors that pour forth from the dying berries shall engulf each part of them that remains. Soil for the flower, water for the flower, blood for the flower.”

- A recounting of the Liturgy.

Secular News

As ever dice roll on painted green tables and money is lost and won.

Military

Victory for Kursaal! Victory for the Targiz! There are parades on the streets of the city, dances held in the fields and the farms. No meat is eaten as this day becomes a holiday against the Hunt.

Ko-Ball

The original champions, the Canopies, have climbed back the rarified air of Victors! They had an undefeated and peerless season, while others who have held the crown had middling or average seasons, bull of brutish and tough fights (most victories this season have been 1-0). Of note the Avalanches have finally put up a respectable showing, while the former champions the Unkindnesses seem to have fallen completely apart. The Zealots have emerged as serious contenders. The rivalry match between the Jewels and the Big Strongs ended in a human victory this season (1-0), bringing the historical rivalry onto more even footing after a long stretch of Uzii domination.

X Swampum Big Strongs Bhaile-Koma Canopies Hrathgan Unkindnesses Blessed Vale Jewels Targiz Hemlocks Thun Avalanches Pthǎi Èu Whirlpools Dream Speaker Dream Team Na'karat Zealots League Total
    Swampum Big Strongs X 1 3 0 3 0 3 3 0 13
    Bhaile-Koma Canopies 1 X 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 22
    Hrathgan Unkindnesses 0 0 X 1 0 0 1 0 0 2
    Blessed Vale Jewels 3 0 1 X 3 3 0 0 0 10
    Targiz Hemlocks 0 0 3 0 X 1 0 3 0 7
    Thun Avalanches 3 1 3 0 1 X 0 0 0 8
    Pthǎi Èu Whirlpools 0 0 1 3 3 3 X 1 3 14
    Dream Speaker Dream Team 0 0 0 3 0 3 1 X 1 8
    Na'karat Zealots 3 0 3 3 3 3 0 1 X 16

Triple Flower Crown

Only the first places finishes are displayed for each race – no country or Toad managed to take more than one race this season (there is no overall season winner as the races are individual and bring their own individual glory (and wealth from the breeding of the winning Toad) – it is just that the goal is to win all three either for country or particular toad or rider. It is understood that it may be an impossible goal, but a worthy one!).

Run for the Roses – Targiz – Hunter’s Nightmare
    Run for the Poor-Land Daisies – Targiz – Dying Berry
    Run for the White Carnations – Swampum – Crimson is Bad
    Spoiler: Leader Information and Technology
    Show
    Current Leader:Ank’Anske’Thalez’ir “Rose” Ogra (28 years of age)

Current Stats:

Diplomacy: 1
    Military: 5
    Opulence: 6
    Intrigue: 1

New Ruler Next Round: No
    Succession: Hereditary (Matrilineal primogeniture but with no male exclusion, meaning that it is absolute primogeniture if no immediately related female heir) –
    1. Ank’Anske’Thalez’ir “Nyct” Nyctagina (Just Born)
    2. Ank’Anske’Thalez’ir “Gled” Gleditsio (4 Years Old)

Expected Stat Bonuses: +1 Faith, +1 Opulence, +1 Military

Hero Ages:
    Ces Arnif – 44
    - Successor: None at the moment
    Petal Head – N/A
    - Artifacts Held
    • Nightmare Pom

Miracles:
    • Blessed Dynasty - Twice per round, a ruler character descended from Merine may make a seek aid action targeting a roll has already been determined, so long as it is taken before the war deadline has passed. Note – Targiz’s current leader may not use this Miracle.

Opulence Technology:
    • Masonry: +1 to resist Raids and Sacks
    • Writing: +1 Conversion Defense, +1 Conversions in regions that share your writing system (Hbaran Runes)
    • Irrigation: +1 Stabilization
    • Animal Husbandry: +1 to Opulence and Diplomacy exploration
    • Pottery: +1 Buyouts

Military Technology
    • Increased Defense Budget:
      • Slot: Scouts and Logistics
      • Resource: Gems or Precious Metals
      • Effect: Increase the amount of Treasure a kingdom may spend on Battle by 1. For every 2 Treasure a kingdom spends on a single Battle, that Battle gains an additional +1 bonus.

Artifacts
    • Nightmare Pom:
      • A Hero holding the Nightmare Pom is resisted in Errant Questing by a Faith Roll. Success on a Errant Quest using the Nightmare Pom awards no Treasure, but allows the controlling Kingdom to attempt to convert an Open or unorganized Holy Site in the region. A great success on the Errant Quest grants a +2 bonus to this conversion roll.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Region # Resource TP - City TP #1 TP #2 TP #3 HC Military Treasure (start of round) Status
    Targiz 19 Flower Wine TAR Destroyed KO Uzii Bouquet of the Corpse Flower
    • Tansy Crusaders
    • Kursaal Guards
    • Tattered Dancers
    2 Stable
    Nal Dryb 36 Wheat N/A TAR OPEN N/A Bouquet of the Corpse Flower
    • Savlo Revel
    N/A Stable

Military Limits:
    Land 4/8
    Naval 0/4

Trade Posts (17):

7 #1 - Wild Dogs
    7 #2 - Wild Dogs
    8 #1 - Okra
    17 #1 - Ulurothan Spearmen
    18 #1 – Emeralds
    19 City – Flower Wine
    27 #1 – Iron
    33 #1 – Copper
    33 #2 – Copper
    35 #1 – Madder
    36 #1 – Wheat
    37 #2 – Living Wood
    39 #2 – Battle Toads
    39 #3 – Battle Toads
    40 #2 - Cheese
    40 #3 - Cheese
    51 #2 – Kaffe Beans

Incoming Tradeposts:

19 #1 – Flower Wine (Re-created TP)
    38 #1 – Sour Quinces

Holy Centers Converted:

Region 8 (unnamed)
    Region 18 (unnamed)
    Region 19 (Targiz)
    Region 36 (Nal Dryb)

Incoming Holy Centers:

[TBD]

Favors Available at end of round:

2 SOS
    1 DSP

Last edited by mystic1110; 2020-11-20 at 08:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

The Fffolkkk
    Regions: 266 & 267
    Round 10

Round 8 Actions:
    1: Diplomacy: Establish claim on 265. Nopppa will travel south herself, in hopes of making a permanent connection. Roll was 13!
    2: Diplomacy: We have a flag! Spend resources to create hundreds of them and distribute across the lands!
    3: Military: Send 3 units AIDE THE NOCTURNAL HYDRA remove the Gluttinous shadows (support the main attack)
    4: Military: rebuild potential lost units, using threats of bligtspawn to spur recruitment
    5: Opulence 10 Action: Create Caravanserai tech (approved):
    Effect: Grants an additional +1 to resist raids and sacks (net of +2 with masonry)
    Description: Caravanserai are enclosed, fortified trading posts. Typically, they consist of a strong outer wall, gate, and a ring of stalls for wagons, animals, and material goods. All of this surrounds a central courtyards with a good water source and ample room for trading tents to be set up. Paid guards patrol the outer walls and inner courtyard, ensuring peaceful trade.

Non Actions & Fluff:
    • Great Project notes: Working with others in Sikar is hard!
    • General elections are once again called.
      Spoiler: results
      Show

The Wayfinder For Living (100D100+1000)[5783]
      Wayfinder For Creation (100D100+1000)[6036]
      Wayfinder of Civility (100D100+1000)[5855]
      Wayfinder of the Incivility (100D100+1000)[5877]
      Wayfinder of Truth (100D100+1000)[6487]
      Wayfinder of the Currents (100D100+1000)[6335]

Spoiler: bookkeeping
    Show

Leader Table
    Nopppa
    Stat start round 4 round 5 round 6 round 7 round 8 round9 Round 10 (expected
    Diplomacy 5 +1 +1] - - +1 +1 +1
    Military 3 +1 - +1 +1 - - +1
    Opulence 5 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 - -
    Faith 3 - - - - - - -
    Intrigue 2 - - - - - - -

Regions & trading posts
    Region Name Region Number Resource Learning Center Holy Order Status
    unnamed region trading post #2 204 Copper T-- -- --
    The Sand Reefs 266 Kelp-Olive Oil (Great) The WInd and the Tide -- Capital, stable
    The Redoubt 267 Mountain Goats (Good) The Wind and the Tide -- region, stable
    Unnamed region trading post 1 268 seafood -- - --
    Unnamed region trading post 1 269 clay -- - --
    Alaskan post 2 280 flavored water -- - --
    Orcan Coastal Territories post 2 281 maize -- - --
    Unnamed region trading post 1 286 hemp -- - --
    Unnamed region trading post 3 295 salty -- - --
    Unnamed region trading post 2 307 gold -- - --

Technologies & Cultural Specialties
    Type Name Effect(s) Permanent? Note
    Masonry Interlocking Shells +1 to resist raids & sacks Yes -
    Writing marks in clay ? Yes -
    Pottery clay pots ? Yes -
    Last edited by Lt-Murgen; 2020-11-28 at 07:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Smiaurskotor
    Daezirn Isles: Glaondi Yejon, Region 75

Skothusbandi Afbyldi

Ro-lls
    Dip 1
    Mil 5 (4+1)
    Opu 2
    Faith 4 (3+1)
    Int 1

Expected stat increases:+1 Mil, +1 Opu, +2 Faith

New ruler next round? No

New player bonus actions:

[Faith] GP(1/x) Search the dunes

Some younglings decide to leave their clans and create their own tunnels in the central rock dunes. With a fervours conviction they spend years searching the dry dunes for a viable excavation spot, convinced it will provide better living conditions. Inhabitants of the traditional stone ridges roll their eyes and wait for their return, digging in the sandy dunes is a fool’s errand.

[Faith] GP(2/x) Begin digging

Deciding on a few desirable locations they finally begin hacking away the rock, for most of it to immediately cave in again. Troustur Hreggur has the fewest collapses and the other sites are abandoned, as they start to make headway inside the dune. Attracting more members when the new tunnels actually comes into existence the group of young adults gets scrutinized by all ridge myistorinn from afar.

[Faith] GP(3/x) Invent support system

As their numbers grow it becomes increasingly clear that the current techniques won’t be sufficient to house them all, as the tunnels still cave in when made too long or deep. Unrecognized by the traditionals Hugmendir, the ridge mystorinn of Troustur Hreggur finds a solution. Using the islands limited timber supply to create smaller hand long tunnels inside the stone tunnels they can continue their progress under the dune.

[Faith] GP(4/x) Discovery! Setbacks.

In one of the deeper tunnels the Smiaurskotor frequently find pyroemeralds, eventually reaching an ore of pure crystal, instead of the usual rocks with scattered minerals in them. This discovery draws the full attention of the other ridges, which urges them to find more of the mystical light source. The timber required to do so is non-existent, as creating the new clan home has depleted what little there was to begin with. The matter is brought to the newly acknowledged Skothusbandi Afbyldis attention in Miajo Hregger.

Actions:

[Military] Recruit a Naval Unit

Inspired by Troustur Hreggur, a successful settlement in a place previously considered inhospitable, Afbyldi sets her gaze on the horizon. It’s common knowledge there are more islands out there, some fishermen even claim to have seen them on clear days, but dare not lose sight of the home shore, afraid of what might lurk in the deep. Being a very real concern the most daring seafarers band together to lead the way when Afbyldi announces her intentions, forming the first sjamynn unit.

[Military] Recruit a Hero: Londkannuaur (10)

Most daring among the sjamynn is Landkannuaur, a young rebell from a long lineage of Smiaujor. He is often seen alone, with no given place of belonging, instead finding a sense of purpose among other outcasts in Troustur Hreggur. Always delving into cracks and forgotten tunnels a sure method for distinguishing the otherwise nondescript Ugglo is to find the one with fresh bruises.

Knowing the land like the back of his hand Landkannuaur has taken a recent interest in the ocean, banding together with some of the less known Skotas his agility allows him to quickly adapt to the sea’s motions. Pushing further out from shore than some would deem wise Afbyldi’s announcement comes as a blessing. Spending the entirety of his awake time at sea he manages to be acknowledged as an able seafarer before the explorers set sail.

[Opulence] Explore due east of the 5 in R75: 10
    [Opulence] Explore due south of the 7 in R75: 9
    [Opulence] Explore northwest of R75: 4

Leaving only the fishing boats needed for survival behind, a previously unseen number of unified catamarans set sail to solve the timber crisis. Many sails east, where a unknown shore frequently has been seen in the horizon. Londkannuaur follows another group south, beyond the isle of grytt. A smaller group leaves from the northern sand dunes, which is the place they, in myth, crashed into centuries ago, reasoning they must have come from somewhere.

News and rumors:
    • The northern expedition returns after just a few days, having realized their ancient origin place is infested by horrible sea monsters in the very same myths they are using to discern its location.
    • Afbyldi remains unusually invested in guild business for a husbandi and takes on a group of novices in addition to her other chores.
    • As their society rapidly changes people begin to speak of a new era, even though some question the choice to inhabit the sandy dunes and exploring beyond Glaondi Yejon. They have survived just fine on raw fish in the damp caves for generations, there is no need to change anything. But the idea of change on wider scale craches into the smiaurskotor like stormy waves and the Kannun era becomes an official term for all years after the first explorers set sail.

Non Actions:

Show

Owned Regions

Army Units

Land:0
    Naval:0

Heroes

Owned Resources
    Resource Region TP
    Pyroemeralds 75 1

Owned Techs
    Tech Effect Requirements
    Writing(Styinn) +1 Conversion Def, +1 to Conversions if sharing same writing None
    Sailing Can traverse over one deep ocean border None

Organised Faith Bonuses
    Tier Effect

Regional Effects

Region Type Effect
    Named characters
    The kannun era begins at the end of round 10

Hugmendir, mystorinn of Troustur Hreggur (44 as of 0K.E.)
    Afbyldi, ruler (39 as of 0K.E.)
    Afbyldi's novices, TBD (16 as of 0K.E)
    Londkannauar, hero (23 as of 0K.E)
    Last edited by Torv; 2020-11-29 at 02:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leader Stats Round 10 :
    Diplomacy - 4
    Military - 6
    Opulence -2
    Faith - 1
    Intrigue - 2

Actions:
    1. Opulence - Accept all TPs from Hiverness
    2. Opulence - Buyout 108 TP 2 (required resource) - Use Pottery +1 - 9+1 = 10
    3. Military - Raise unit
    4. Military - Raise unit
    5. Military - Raise unit
    6. Military - Raise unit

Dice Rolls

Nonactions, News, and Rumors:
    Tsor, Hero of the Uldra, passes her mantle on to Kari icechaser and joins her brother in retirement

Resist all unauthorized conversions and buyouts
    Support all conversions and buyouts made by the Dannu-Gaon or Hiverness

New Leader next Round? Yes
    Dara Icechaser is chosen as the next Chief of Uldra and its territories

Leader Stats Round 10 :
    Diplomacy - 4
    Military - 8
    Opulence -3
    Faith - 1
    Intrigue - 2

Character List:
    Name - Origin - Title/Status - Age

Taran Icechaser - Arrok- Retired Chief of the Arrok - 64
    Tsor Icechaser - Arrok - Retired Hero - 63
    Rarras - Spirit Dog - Hero - ??
    Neyrna - Arrok - Oracle - 58
    Tasa - Arrok - Taran's Bondson - 44
    Dara - Arrok - Taran's Bonddaughter, Chief of the Arrok - 41
    Kari - Arrok - Taran's Bonddaughter, Hero - 41
    Shira - Arrok - Neyrna's daughter - 40
    Atri - Falo - High Fen - 27
    Last edited by LapisCattis; 2020-11-28 at 05:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

d6 Re: Empire 6: Embers of Dawn IC

The Brayewen Tribes

ACTION!

1.[Opulence] Buy out Open Hemp trade post from region 119 TP2. Kartoffel and Eent have discovered that burning hemp for Fraiheeto creates a more calming experience than burning leaves. Kartoffel would like to make this the standard way to thank fraiheeto for her wisdom. Roll: 16

2.[Opulence] Buy out open caviar Trade post, region 110 TP2. Kartoffel desires Braye to be more diversified. He has declared that fish eggs are better than all other types of eggs, and anyone who says otherwise will be forced to eat fish eggs and revoke their false beliefs. Roll: 18

3.[Military] Send Neeschter, Hero of the North to help Old Lion against the court of joy in Elefteria. Elefteria must be free from this tyrant. Neeschter prepared his best spear and brought his best animal friends. Rats are disliked across much of Braye, but Neeschter has formed strong bonds with the rats. He has also bought a very expensive ring for his favorite rat, and named her Reeschter, rat of the north.

4. [Military] Raise Naval Unit. Domm, has been named high admiral of the new Brayewen Naval Military Force. He will assault any vessels that do not have the authority to dock in braye, and defend our shores from invasion.

5. [MIlitary] Raise Unit

Spoiler: Non-Actions
    Show

• Support Conversions to the Ancient Ways
    • Do not Support any other conversions

Show

• King Kartoffel has become frail and week following the siege on region 120. People say that he won't last much longer. Kartoffel has insisted on being immortal and that anyone who thinks otherwise shall be tossed off the Cliffs of Klammen for violating the truth.

Spoiler: BOOKKEEPING
    Show

Thought King Kartoffel
    D: 8
    M: 7
    O: 8
    F: 3
    I: 3

Expected Stat Increases: +1 Mil +1 Op

New Ruler Next Round?
    No

Military Units 5
    - none

Heroes:
    - Neeschter, Hero of the North (He who sleeps with wolves)

Embassies:
    - Elefteria

Technologies:
    Pottery
    Sailing
    Irrigation

Temporary Cultural Identity - None
    Permanent Cultural Identities - EMPTY

Tactical Doctrines

- Reckless Charge
    - Skirmishing
    - Cautious Advance

- Special Materials
    - Armor
    - Weaponry
    - Ranged Weaponry
    - Cavalry
    - Scouts and Logistics
    - War Beasts
    - Combat Drugs and Medicine
    - Fortifications
    - Sappers and Siege Weapons
    - Subterfuge

Trading posts (1)
    Great Mamut Shark
    • DAN
    • ELF
    • BRAYE

Other Owned Trading Post: TP1 Salt in region 109, TP3 Grousse Shark Braye region 129, TP2 region 124 Wood
    Last edited by m9p909; 2020-11-28 at 06:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Aran Viska
    By the Will of the Moot, Anzash Carazor, Aranin of All Viskari
    May the Moon guide him in this life and the next

Actions:
    Rolls.
    Unit count: Four

1: [Diplomacy] Commune with the Great Mother.
    A delegation has been dispatched by the Moot to Shandolyn in order to speak with the Great Mother and hear her words such that her nature can be ascertained. Her words are recorded and taken back to Aran Viska such that the Moot can contemplate them.

2: [Diplomacy] Construct a Windowless Tower in Region 98. [1/3]
    The Dannu-Gao have approached the Moot and requested permission that a Windowless Tower be raised in the land of Zarakor. Having no reason to disagree and feeling inclined to help shelter the Ancient Sisterhood of the Truthseers from the depredations of the Scavengers of the Carrion Ward, the Moot selects a suitable spot on a high hill overlooking Karis Ra. They lay the groundwork for the construction such that the craftspeople and artisans of Dannu-Gaon can focus on the important work of actually constructing the Tower.

3: [Military] Send Vanaruk to silence the Heartbeat of God. Success.
    At first The Harbinger refuses the Moot's request to travel to Azumaba. As soon as he hears the words "island" and "boat" he declines, stating something cryptic about the tides. Eventually however they impress upon him the danger of the unholy entity manifest upon the world and he relents. Soon he arrives in Eleftheria, keeping to himself until it is time to board the ship. For the entire voyage he is miserable, taking shelter from the salt spray under a canopy and avoiding looking at the water.

4: [Military] Raise one unit.
    The work of training new warriors and outfitting them is constant and unending and with Nar Rashan Iskavan's disastrous campaign taxing their numbers the Aranin is forced to halt further campaigns.

5: [Diplomacy] Stabilise Region 98. Success.
    After the rampage of No-Pride through Zarakor the Moot responds immediately. Victims and their family's are compensated at the Moot's expense and reassurances are made to the land's people and leaders that the perpetrators of this act will meet with justice in time.

Nonactions: Resist all unauthorised buyouts, quests and conversions.
    Support all conversions to the Way of Eauden.
    Spend one SoS favour to stabilise Region 93.
    Equip Vanaruk with a Ring of the Phoenix.

Spoiler: News and Rumours
    Show
    The revelation of the unholy heart of Azumaba forces the Moot to divert its attention away from the perfidious Scavengers of the Carrion Ward for now a far more pressing issue has made itself known. Once the Heartbeat is silenced and other such living blasphemies have been dealt with they will pursue matters of a more worldly nature.

After Nar Rashan Iskavan's failure to win a battle despite overwhelming odds in his favour, many expect the Aranin to be furious. In truth he is, but Anzash manages to master his emotions and doesn't have Rashan banished for incompetence. After all, the rear guard action he led saved many lives that would have otherwise been lost. He is however made subordinate the the much younger Nar Tiran Tazanad as clearly Rashan's expertise lies in fighting, not leading.

The Dream Speakers are made Anzash's honoured guests and a great feast is held in their honour as thanks for recovering the lost Ring of the Phoenix. However, much to the Aranin's embarrassment he has nothing to offer them as suitable payment for their deed and asks if they would be willing to accept a favour to be redeemed later.

After yet another Scavenger raid, timber merchants, artisans and bow makers from across Aran Viska demand the Moot do something about it, but alas once the Moot dispatches agents to the area to find out what happened they find that merchants of Dannu-Gaon have set themselves up. A half-written letter to the High Speaker of Eleftheria is discarded while the Moot ponders what to do.

The letter from Eleftheria in regards to the nature of gods is dismissed and filed away to be forgotten.

Scratching letters into bark is a very effective way of writing, far more practical than the other available materials, and due to the low cost the Moot of Elders has begun keeping records of their meetings and decisions, as well as sacrifices they make and donations they receive. Some members of the Moot, and even some Nari, begin compiling historical accounts of genealogy, legendary figures, great battles and hunts and soon talk begins of creating a Great Chronicle as writing soars in use throughout Aran Viska.

Spoiler: Named Characters
    Show
    Staran Illinvak - Aranin Sarak of Aer Caladon - 73
    Hazash Namakar - Aranin Sarak of Iskandrazac - 80

Vaskan Sharaz - Warchief of the Phoenix Warriors - 50
    Nar Razana Kalsharaz - Warchief of the Winter Wolves - 45
    Nar Olek Navrazak - Warchief of the Swamp Sabres - 62
    Nar Rashan Iskavan - Warchief of the Shade Riders - 56
    Nar Tiran Tazanad - Warchief of the Mist Talons - 36
    Tavanis Ren Kelsa - Commander of the Blackhorn Company - 38

Mezanak Oshrik - Sorcerer Champion of the Moot - Hero - Slaughtered by CAW
    Vanaruk Mazendan - Harbinger of the Damned - Hero - The weight of years holds no meaning for this individual

Karalas Anviskad - Son of Talsharn Anviskad - 50
    Valeris Rey Halon - Highlord of Cayshan Ver - 42

Show
    Diplomacy: 3
    Military: 9
    Opulence: 6

Expected stat increases: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military
    Last edited by Elemental; 2020-11-28 at 09:53 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sirrvadutr Flosut [The Tribe of the Sons of Sirrvat]
    Kiswa: Yatrhajidaat Gitj (211),
    (197), (212), (217)
    Chief Zarrkatl the Golden-Eyed
    Round 10

Actions:

[Diplomacy] Stabilize sth?

[Diplomacy] Raise rep with SoS/DSP

[Diplomacy] Claim 219 2/2

[Intrigue] Raid sth?

[Intrigue] Secret

Nonactions:

Resist everyone who tries as much as step into our lands

News and Rumors:

Spoiler: Ruler stats
    Show
    Zarrkatl the Golden-Eyed
    Diplomacy 7
    Military 10
    Opulence 4
    Faith 5
    Intrigue 5

Specials used:

New ruler: no

Spoiler: Tracking
    Show
    Units: 4 + 1 Vygra (updated R5)
    TPs: Tvila Clay (211.1)

Fortress in 212: +2 battles in region, first recruit action each round recruits 2 units

Orgs:
    Sentinels +1 stabilization
    Sentinels Rep 2 Favor 4 +1 stabilizations, +1 hero-related rolls
    Dreamspeakers Rep 1 Favor 0 +1 exploration

Technologies
    Name Effect Requirement
    Pottery +1 buyouts -
    Writing (Blemmy) +1 Conversion Defence, +1 Conversions in regions with Blemmy script -

Last edited by Corona; 2020-11-25 at 05:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Hear the High Chief's drum, and rally under the Five Tribes Banner

The Thunderpeople- [Turn 10]
    Main Actions
    1. Military: Send 4 unites to aid the hunt for Glutinous Shadows in r268
    2. Military 10: Raise Fortress "The Labyrinth of Heroes" in Capital Region r275
    3. Diplomacy: In calling for aid, the Rebel Chieftain so called 'Tidespeaker' of Silver Shores (Region 279) has greatly flattered the worthiness of the Five Tribes banner. However, to march forth an join their hunters in blood spilling, the Thunderpeople would defy many oaths and worthy allies. Thus, while the Thunderpeople cannot aid martially, the lands of the Five Tribes Banner are open to all refugees from the Silver Shores. Should Tidespeaker escape the wrath of the Naherin, they will be offered a spear to wield as a Warchief among us, and given resources to repatriate new lands to hold sovereignty over.
    4. Diplomacy: Great Project [4/5] Convert the abandoned site originally intended to host the Sentinels of Stone base into a permanent arena for ongoing seasons of The Silver Sport.
    5. Secret (Spending 1 treasure to support the action) RESULT

Non-Actions

Rumors:
    The shamans of the old Red Sky Hunting faith are all but extinct. After a failed coup against Highchief Ragna for this faithless pursuit of worthiness beyond simple hunting prowess. In the aftermath of the civil war, much uncomfortable debate is had over the new direction of the Thunderpeople.
    Many embrace Ragna's pursuit of the luxuries and fashions of outsiders, and look forward to regular travelers to an eternal Silver Sport. Many, but not all.

Spoiler: Book Keeping
    Show
    Spoiler: Past Leaders
    Show
    Highchief Orgo (Stripped from power after years of minor embarrassments)

Spoiler: Current Leader Stats
    Show

Highchief Ragna
    Diplomacy 7 +1
    Military 10
    Opulence 5
    Faith 1
    Intrigue 4

Special Actions Used:

Heir Apparent: Redspiral Longtooth

Spoiler: Controlled Territory
    Show
    Sikar
    #275 "Thunderport" [Stable]

Spoiler: Armed Forces
    Show

Heroes:
    {The Ripper (9)}
    {The Pathcarver (9)}
    Infantry 5

Spoiler: Economy
    Show

Epic Trophies:
    • Dreadsilverx1 (this cache may be refined with an Opulence action for 4 Treasure, or used as part of a ritual Faith action to provide a +2 to any roll eligible for Seek Aid.)

Treasury: 2
    Resources
    -Blightspawn Trophies [Thundermark TP1]

Spoiler: Technology
    Show

Military
    none

Civilian
    [Masonry: +1 to resist Raids and Sacks]
    [Writing: +1 Conversion Defense, +1 Conversions in regions that share your writing system]
    [Pottery: +1 Buyouts]

Spoiler: Faith
    Show
    Leader's Allegiance: None
    Holy Sites
    #275 "Thundermark" [The Highchieftain's Hall]: True Sun
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2020-11-25 at 09:09 PM.
    ...with a vengeance!