New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Fire Emblem: The Variegate Cut (IC)

The Copper Flagon is packed overfull to bursting this morn. Not with the usual clientele – recovering drunks, wanderers, and the odd off duty guardsman or soldier – but ringed instead by professional soldiers and sharp-eyed mercenaries. The establishment’s owner, a wiry and tall man, nervously cleans a ceramic plate with a rag as the soldiers and mercenaries mingle, exchanging small-talk and greetings. In the midst of the largest concentration of mercenaries – a band called Lezal’s Fists – their leader is draped casually over the back of his chair and is chatting with a large, bald, civilian, the two of them bursting into laughter as they knock back their drinks.

On a makeshift stage, several tables shoved together against a wall and covered by a tarp, Lord Burabi gazes out over the assembled audience, arms crossed over a barrel-chest. His eyes briefly move to the blonde woman amidst his retainers, then to his honor guard, a half-dozen soldiers in muted colors that he’s certain would be less able to defend his person than himself. This, he supposes, is what it means to be a Lord – to delegate, rather than do.

He exhales, absently nodding to himself as the last of the mercenaries pile into the Flagon. The noise continues for a few moments as the late arrivals introduce themselves to their companions and associates before settling down. His voice cuts through the din with a commander’s practiced measure.

“I am Lord Burabi. Those of you that do not know who I am: leave.”

There is a small trill of amusement that goes through the crowd at his words, some smirking, others laughing under their breath.

“Those who do not know why you are here: leave.”

The amusement cuts out the Lord’s flat glare. A few look nervously at one another but nobody leaves. They’d have to be daft to at this point, to miss out on this big a job.

“Good. At least you’ve some professionalism. You will correspond with my retainer, Melia. She will be heading this expedition in my stead.”

Here, he gestures with one of his gauntleted hands to a dusky skinned woman with a flyer’s riding harness about her thighs and waist, her hair in a braid and a lance pressed against her shoulder. She nods in confirmation, expression not betraying whatever she might be feeling about the situation.

“Hairpin Transportation has graciously accepted my request to handle logistics and supplies.”

The bald civilian raises his mug in salute here.

“The job is expected to take a few days short of the month. You will be paid according to the contract: to prospect the location of E-Apsu. You will not be paid to enter or breech the temple. Kishum will send a specialized group to do so once the location is verified. ”

He pauses for a moment again before continuing,

“Anyone who has a problem with that: leave.”

This time, there are a few discontented looks and grumbles following the man’s silence; hushed conversations about the length of the job. Here, a square-jawed mercenary with a circlet about his head stands, followed by his group – perhaps a dozen and a half to a score in number. He shoots a casual one-handed salute as he exits, not bothering to turn. A few other independent adventurers and mercenaries filter out in his wake, either silently or mumbling excuses.

Once it’s clear that everyone left is in for the long-haul, Lord Burabi speaks again,

“Good. I will answer concerns before you embark, but for now – food.”

And with that, several serving men and women enter from the kitchens, bearing far better fare than might be expected from such a locale; steaming platters of meat, free-flowing ale, and chilled and sugar-coated fruits sparkling like jewels.

-----~oOo~-----

Spoiler: Map Preview
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: The Variegate Cut (IC)

"Did they really expect to play around for a day and go home?" Alez sighed out loud to nobody in particular when the last group of people left. He didn't really have a choice- that was the highest paying job in pretty much the whole city, and the orphanage needed money badly. Still, he had assumed everybody there was ready to pack up and go away for a while.
    He got some food right away- mainly meat. What was on his plate was already worth the job. Alez leaned against the wall, studying those that were going to be his comrades- at least they looked friendly. On average.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-07-13 at 07:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Well then. Time to meet the rest of the crew! He only had a month to get to k ow everyone, after all.

He starts out searching for those who felt more magically inclined. Sure enough, his practiced eye notices a man in robes and a young woman with a certain air about her.

He approaches the man first- who knows what the others would think about him immediately "chatting up" the lone girl in the group. Appearances are important after all.

He fishes a sign out of his robes and hangs it around his neck:

Hello, My name is
    Matthias.

and approaches the man with a smile and a wave.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2020-07-12 at 07:03 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Mae

Mae glances to the people leaving the bar with a small smile. One must be willing to sow the seeds to reap the rewards.

Mae looks around for a moment, waiting to see if anyone else will ask questions first. Seeing that none appear to be doing so, she speaks up.

"Good morning to you m'lord. I'm aware that we are to be scouting out this place of interest, and thus information about the area is largely unavailable if not just suspect. I'm sure however that there is a reason that an armed group is being sent to look into this, and being so thoroughly warned against entry. My question is this: what do you know of this temple that is causing such concern? I suppose more specifically, what should we be on the lookout for on our scouting expedition?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

This could be worth doing, Jonan thinks as he watches the others leave, nostalgic thoughts of his earliest days scouting in the service of the Emperor dancing through his head. Or it might not. Time will tell, I suppose.

Aloud, he nods his agreement with the red-haired girl's words. "I second that question. To employ this many armed men for so long you must have at least some suggestion of dangers lying ahead." He takes a swig of ale, smiling slightly. "Mercenaries of any quality don't come cheap."
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

sigh Re: Fire Emblem: The Variegate Cut (IC)

=====

The trip to Unnan had been arduous. Or maybe it wasn't. Sometimes it was difficult to say so you had to take things in perspective first. And in perspective having any kind of paid job was a lot better than beg in the streets, or die from starvation in desert. Not for everyone though. Iskandar knew that too well and if he lucky enough this job not going to force him to choose between clean conscience and full stomach. Thani paused at the door of the Copper Flagon and considered few things. People who entered ahead of him were dressed worse than he was. His armor was too expensive for average mercenary but road dust and dirt shall make this less obvious. The swordsman made sure his hair looked messy and went in.

In some ways, the Iskandar was the least noticeable person in the establishment. Quiet demeanor. Plain black surcoat of hedge knight, thoughtless face of battle-hardened simpleton... Just another local dullard who got kicked out by their noble master and now cuts throats for spare change. Move along, nothing interesting here or worth your time, good ser. Thani meticulously crafted and cultivated this image for last few years as he thought what it kept him safe from annoying attention of kishumian nobility and their eagerness to invite runaway son of a nimrish Border Lord into well-guarded guest room.

On the other hand, he was last to arrive and was looking for a free chair when Lord Burabi started his utterly blunt speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burabi

“I am Lord Burabi. Those of you that do not know who I am: leave.”
    Kurgal damn it.

“Those who do not know why you are here: leave.”
    After a good half of minute, Iskandar finally found one next to blond mage who looked like someone who’s had their breakfast stolen while they weren’t looking. They even exchanged few pleasantries in hushed voices.

“...The job is expected to take a few days short of the month. You will be paid according to the contract: to prospect the location of E-Apsu... ”
    The swordsman nodded to himself absentmindedly listening to Burabi. If Marduk's - a street hawker and an old friend - information was true... and if it will be possible to make small detour during journey to temple than... Nah... Probably another a wild-goose chase but at least expenses will be covered not out of his pocket this time. Deep in thought, he didn't noticed mercenary exodus and almost missed a moment when servants brought out the food.
    ====

"Just about time"
    , Iskandar muttered quietly while filling his plate with... larb? Or that some kind of other meat salad? He didn't knew much about kishumian cuisine to tell the difference anyway. At least it was filling and had nice taste. Not nice enough for second round however. He quickly finished his meal, grabbed candy apple and started to look around for familiar faces.
    "Care you no more for your own world, Avatar?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Mae
    "Good morning to you m'lord. I'm aware that we are to be scouting out this place of interest, and thus information about the area is largely unavailable if not just suspect. I'm sure however that there is a reason that an armed group is being sent to look into this, and being so thoroughly warned against entry. My question is this: what do you know of this temple that is causing such concern? I suppose more specifically, what should we be on the lookout for on our scouting expedition?"
    Lord Burabi meets your gaze for a moment before flicking to Jonan and then back as the older man pitches in, a hint of recognition entering his eyes as he replies,

"Word has spread - so now we race against all others to secure the temple... and what treasures it might still hold. Though none will be able to dislodge our forces, we must take care that E-Apsu not be breached and plundered fore our arrival. Your expected opposition..."

He gestures to his retainer, who continues,

"The usual scum: reavers, brigand dregs, and mauthe doog packs. We will perhaps see more organized foes near to the site, but your job is to scout the site, not to seize it."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"But if it so happens that we get into a fight with the more organized forces and seize it do we get an higher pay?" Alez chimed in.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Rayan harrumphed at his table in the corner as people started to flood the Copper Flagon. Some lowly thief had snatched his breakfast earlier that morning while he hadn’t been looking, and as such, he hadn’t eaten anything yet today, which put him in a bad mood. Still, it was a noble’s place to be polite, and despite losing his noble title, Rayan still considered himself a noble. As Lord Burabi began to speak, two men came to sit at his table, one dressed in robes and carrying a greeting sign, and the other, coming slightly later, dressed in a full set of what looked to be worn-down armor. As each one sat down, Rayan offered a brief greeting, careful not to attract Burabi’s attention while the lord was speaking.

As Burabi continued his speech, Rayan chuckled internally at the mercenaries who left partway through. Had they not known the job description? Or were they just eager to get their hands on some possible treasure? He pushed aside those thoughts when Burabi mentioned food; Rayan was grateful that the lord was providing lunch, and he intended to make full use of the lord’s generosity.

After he and the others at his table had finished eating and drinking, Rayan spoke up. “Greetings, friends. I am Rayan Adel, and who might you be?”

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

=====
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan, Misfortune Mage

"Greetings, friends. I am Rayan Adel, and who might you be?"
    "Peace be upon you, Rayan Adel and... uhh... Matthias, nice to meet you both", swordsman replied with polite yet cold smile on his lips, "I think I've seen you around, but we haven't officially met. My name is Iskander. Iskandar Thani."
    Last edited by Cyber; 2020-07-15 at 12:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"What sort of information are you asking us to gather on anything we might find at the sight?" Jonan asks Lord Burabi. "I'm sure you'll want the usual information such as numbers, armament, tactical disposition, and markings of allegiance, but is there anything else that we ought to be on the lookout for?"

-----

"Greetings, Mr. Adel," the older man nodded politely at the younger. when he speaks "My name is Jonan Sul. Formerly of the army, now..." He shrugs. "Looking for a bit of excitement again." He looks around the table. "What brings the rest of you here?"
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Alez
    "But if it so happens that we get into a fight with the more organized forces and seize it do we get an higher pay?" Alez chimed in.
    "Your job is to locate the temple and then report to us, not to seize the area. If you must, hmm... such an occurrence will be reported to me afterwards and we will determine at that point if a bonus is warranted."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonan
    "What sort of information are you asking us to gather on anything we might find at the sight?" Jonan asks Lord Burabi. "I'm sure you'll want the usual information such as numbers, armament, tactical disposition, and markings of allegiance, but is there anything else that we ought to be on the lookout for?"
    "E-Apsu unearthed very recently, something that only we were informed of in advance. You need simply confirm the location. We expect to be the first on site, though a standard force report would suffice for the proposed situation. We should be the only ones able to muster an organized force for this purpose, but I will trust your judgement."

-----~oOo~-----

Food and drink flow freely for the better part of the afternoon, mercenaries and soldiers continuing to mingle and trade. Some indulge themselves while others attempt to build connections and yet others speak with Lord Burabi regarding the contract’s details. The lord does not respond personally to most, preferring to leave such details to his retainers.

As conversations begin to die down, participants sated, Lord Burabi rises from his position, drawing the attention of the hired mercenaries.

“Now, I must be off. Other matters demand personal attention.”

He raises his glass in a toast before knocking back the remainder of the drink in a long draw.

“Fortune to you all. I look forward to receiving good news.”

And with that, the Lord of Kardu region exits the Copper Flagon, the majority of his soldiers following. Several others file out as well, caravaneers and mercenaries from Lezal’s Fists preparing the supply-trains for departure.

It seems that the caravan will be leaving on the morrow.

-----~oOo~-----

The new day comes, clear skies and fair weather buoying the spirits of those who believe in portents.

As people filter out of the Copper Flagon, Alez is intercepted by a darkly-dressed man he recognizes as Reyn - a sometimes accomplice - laying a hand on his shoulder,

"Might want to watch your step outside kid... the Disciples are here for some payback. Too bad they missed the Lord, hm?"

Outside, a perhaps score of roughly dressed men loiter about the town, waiting on some unknown signal. Their presence bodes nothing good for Unnan, but you've a contract and the caravan isn't likely to wait overlong, if at all, for stragglers.

-----~oOo~-----

Victory Conditions
    • Lord [Escapes] from Row 25 within 10 Turns
    • Lord [Escapes] from Row 25 after 10 or more Turns
    • Defeat all enemies

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Rayan, Level 3 Shaman Lord
    000/100 EXP
    15ATT, 94% hit, 3% crit, 14% dodge
    20 HP, 8 Mag, 6 Skl, 6 Spd, 2 Lck, 2 Def, 3 Res, 8Con

Personal Skill: Inflicted Curse- Enemies in combat with Rayan have -1 DEF, -1 RES, -1 SPD, and -3% dodge if there are no allies within 2 tiles of Rayan.

Flux - 45/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Iskander Thani, lv3 Mercenary
    000/100 EXP
    13ATT, 101% hit, 1% crit, 21% dodge
    21HP, 8STR, 3SKL, 8SPD, 5LCK, 5DEF, 0RES, 8CON

Personal Skill: Unity- If Iskandar is adjacent to an ally, he and any adjacent allies have +1 ATT.

Iron Sword - 46/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    000/100 EXP
    10ATT, 106% hit, 7%crit, 13% dodge
    19 HP, 6 MAG, 4 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Personal Skill: Aphonic Curse - Matthias is immune to Silence. Enemies incur a -1 penalty to MAG after combat with this unit until the end of their next turn and an additional -1 MAG if damaged.

Lightning - 35/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Jonan Sul, lv3 Wyvern Rider
    000/100 EXP
    13ATT, 97% hit, 3.5% crit, 9% dodge
    24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Personal Skill: Hit and Run - +1 MOV per adjacent enemy at the beginning of the Player Phase to a max of +2.

Iron Lance - 45/45 [8wt, 7mt, 80% hit, 0% crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Alez, lv1 Thief
    000/100 EXP
    8ATT, 102% hit, 1.5% crit, 26% dodge
    16 HP, 3 STR, 3 SKL, 10 SPD, 6 LCK, 1 DEF, 0 RES, 6CON

Personal Skill: Cutpurse- When Alez [steals] an item from an enemy, he also gains 250 gold

Iron Sword - 46/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90% hit, 0% crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    -ATT, -% hit -% crit, 15% dodge
    16 HP, 5 MAG, 3 SKL, 5 SPD, 5 LCK, 3 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Personal Skill: Guiding Light +1 range with all Staves

Heal - 30/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3
    11ATT, 88% hit, 2% crit, 6% dodge
    22HP, 4 STR, 4 SKL, 3 SPD, 0 LCK, 5 DEF, 0 RES, 7CON

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Nadir, lv5 Cavalier (Lance)
    000/100 EXP
    19ATT, 83% hit, 2.5% crit, 7% dodge
    27/27 HP, 9 STR, 5 SKL, 4 SPD, 3 LCK, 8 DEF, 3 RES, 11CON

Personal Skill: Mettle- +1 DEF and +1 RES when at or under 67% HP

Steel Lance - 30/30 [13wt, 10mt, 70% hit, 0% crit] D
    Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3
    14ATT, 78% hit, 0.5% crit, 13% dodge
    22 HP, 6 STR, 1 SKL, 6 SPD, 1 LCK, 3 DEF, 0 RES, 10CON
    Iron axe - 45/45 [10wt, 8mt, 75% hit, 0% crit] E

Archer #1-5, lv3
    11ATT, 96% hit, 2.5%crit, 11% dodge
    21 HP, 5 STR, 5 SKL, 5 SPD, 1 LCK, 3 DEF, 0 RES, 7CON
    Iron Bow – 45/45 [5wt, 6mt, 85%hit, 0%crit] E

Mage #1-2, lv3
    8ATT, 99% hit, 2%crit, 9% dodge
    18 HP, 3 MAG, 4 SKL, 4 SPD, 1 LCK, 3 DEF, 4 RES, 9CON
    Fire - 40/40 [4wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E

Thief #1, level 3
    8ATT, 98% hit, 1% crit, 18% dodge
    18 HP, 3 STR, 4 SKL, 10 SPD, 1 LCK, 3 DEF, 1 RES, 6CON
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2020-07-23 at 01:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Turn II

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

Enemy Phase

"Cover the exits; nobody leaves until we've what we came for."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nadir [Seizes] the House at [22,20]

Archer #1 attacks Soldier #1: hits. Archer #1 deals 6 damage.
    Soldier #1 can’t retaliate.

Brigand #1 attacks Soldier #1: hits. Brigand #1 deals 10 damage.
    Soldier #1 retaliates: hits. Soldier #1 deals 7 damage.
    Brigand #1 attacks again: hits. Brigand #1 deals 10 damage – Soldier #1 dies.

Mage #1 attacks Soldier #4: hits. Mage #1 deals 8 damage.
    Soldier #4 can’t retaliate.

Brigand #4 attacks Soldier #4: hits. Brigand #4 deals 10 damage.
    Soldier #4 retaliates: hits. Soldier #4 deals 7 damage.
    Brigand #4 attacks again: hits. Brigand #4 deals 10 damage – Soldier #4 dies.

Archer #5 attacks Soldier #7: critical hit! Archer #5 deals 18 damage.
    Soldier #5 can’t retaliate.

Brigand #8 attacks Soldier #7: hits. Brigand #7 deals 10 damage – Soldier #7 dies.

Brigand #7 attacks Soldier #6: hits. Brigand #7 deals 10 damage.
    Soldier #6 retaliates: misses.
    Brigand #7 attacks again: hits. Brigand #7 deals 10 damage.

Brigand #9 attacks Soldier #6: hits. Brigand #9 deals 10 damage – Soldier #6 dies.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP
    20 HP, 8 Mag, 6 Skl, 6 Spd, 2 Lck, 2 Def, 3 Res, 8Con

Personal Skill: Inflicted Curse- Enemies in combat with Rayan have -1 DEF, -1 RES, -1 SPD, and -3% dodge if there are no allies within 2 tiles of Rayan.

Flux - 45/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3

000/100 EXP
    21HP, 8STR, 3SKL, 8SPD, 5LCK, 5DEF, 0RES, 8CON

Personal Skill: Unity- If Iskandar is adjacent to an ally, he and any adjacent allies have +1 ATT.

Iron Sword - 46/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    000/100 EXP
    19 HP, 6 MAG, 4 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Personal Skill: Aphonic Curse - Matthias is immune to Silence. Enemies incur a -1 penalty to MAG after combat with this unit until the end of their next turn and an additional -1 MAG if damaged.

Vulnerary - 3/3

000/100 EXP
    24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Personal Skill: Hit and Run - +1 MOV per adjacent enemy at the beginning of the Player Phase to a max of +2.

Vulnerary - 3/3

Alez, lv1 Thief
    000/100 EXP
    16 HP, 3 STR, 3 SKL, 10 SPD, 6 LCK, 1 DEF, 0 RES, 6CON

Personal Skill: Cutpurse- When Alez [steals] an item from an enemy, he also gains 250 gold

Vulnerary - 3/3

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    16 HP, 5 MAG, 3 SKL, 5 SPD, 5 LCK, 3 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Heal - 30/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3
    11ATT, 88% hit, 2% crit, 4% dodge

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Brigand #1: 15/22HP
    Brigand #4: 15/22HP

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2020-07-30 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Turn III

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jonan [visits] the house at [7,2]

“What’s happening out there – d-Disciples? Leave me alone; I don’t want any part of this!”

Rayan attacks Brigand #4: hits (83). Rayan deals 16 damage – Brigand #4 dies.
    Rayan gains 30EXP, 2WEXP.

Iskander attacks Mage #1: hits (25). Iskander deals 10 damage.
    Mage #1 retaliates: hits. Mage #1 deals 8 damage.
    Iskander attacks again: hits (34). Iskander deals 10 damage – Mage #1 dies.
    Iskander gains 30EXP, 3WEXP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brigand #3 attacks Iskander: misses.
    Iskander retaliates: hits. Iskander deals 11 damage.
    Iskander gains 10EXP, 1WEXP..

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

030/100 EXP
    20/20 HP, 8 Mag, 6 Skl, 6 Spd, 2 Lck, 2 Def, 3 Res, 8Con

Flux - 44/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 2/40 D

040/100 EXP
    13/21 HP, 8STR, 3SKL, 8SPD, 5LCK, 5DEF, 0RES, 8CON

Iron Sword - 43/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 4/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    000/100 EXP
    19/19 HP, 6 MAG, 4 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 0/40 D

000/100 EXP
    24/24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Vulnerary - 3/3

Lances – 0/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    000/100 EXP
    16/16 HP, 3 STR, 3 SKL, 10 SPD, 6 LCK, 1 DEF, 0 RES, 6CON

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 0/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    000/100 EXP
    16/16 HP, 5 MAG, 3 SKL, 5 SPD, 5 LCK, 3 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Heal - 30/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 0/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Brigand #1: 15/22 HP
    Brigand #3: 11/22 HP

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3

15. - Top - End - #15

Turn IV

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mae heals Iskander. Iskander regains 8HP.
    Mae gains 15EXP, 2WEXP.

Iskander attacks Brigand #3: hits (61). Iskander deals 12 damage – Brigand #3 dies.
    Iskander gains 30EXP, 2WEXP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

030/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 2/40 D

070/100 EXP
    21/21 HP, 8STR, 3SKL, 8SPD, 5LCK, 5DEF, 0RES, 8CON

Iron Sword - 42/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 6/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    000/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 0/40 D

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Lances – 0/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    000/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 0/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    015/100 EXP

Heal - 29/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 2/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

One of the disadvantages of traveling (or being) alone is that when you fall there is none to assist you.
    Unluckily for many Unnan's town guards, they found out it the hard way.
    Luckily for Iskandar, this time he shared road with blond mage who quickly proved to be capable and deadly combatant when thugs attacked them. After short exchange of blows and spells, three corpses lied before mercenaries as some kind of blood tribute to slain town soldier.

"It's always intriguing to discover what man who looks like a perfectly civilized person is in fact more than capable to turn someone else into dead body"
    , the swordsman said in a surprisingly calm voice despite his burns and wounds, "I respect that, mister Adel."

Iskandar cast a glance at dead town guard, thinking, "Not your people but your future enemies. Not your responsibility. Stop caring. You shouldn't care in first place. Don't play a hero. Just leave it to others. Go away from danger."
    It was sound and wise advice.
    Yes, really good advice what he wasn't going to follow.

Few moments later, he pointed at another group of bandits, sword still in his right hand, and said aloud, "I don't think their friends will let us through peacefully or will be kind to us after what we have done. Any suggestions?"

====
    "I don't know much about local brigands but this rabble don't look like common bandits to me. Got any ideas who are they and what they want?"

====[Mae heals Iskandar]====
    "Thank you kindly, good lady. I didn't know what people of Unnan emplo... Huh, you one of lord Burabi's mercenaries, isn't you?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Turn V

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jonan [visits] the house at [5,10]

"I can’t believe this… lucky you mercs are still here – heh, goes to show that the early bird ain’t all it’s made out to be. Here, take this. It ain’t much but you lot always fight better with some incentives, eh?"

Jonan receives a Red Gem.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer #1 attacks Jonan: hits. Archer #1 deals 8 damage.
    Jonan can’t retaliate. Jonan gains 1EXP.

Archer #3 attacks Jonan: hits. Archer #3 deals 8 damage.
    Jonan can’t retaliate. Jonan gains 1EXP.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #2 attacks Archer #3: hits. Soldier #2 deals 8 damage.
    Archer #3 can’t retaliate.

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

030/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 2/40 D

070/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 6/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    000/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 0/40 D

002/100 EXP
    8/24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Vulnerary - 3/3
    Red Gem

Lances – 0/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    000/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 0/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    015/100 EXP

Heal - 29/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 2/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Archer #3: 13/21 HP

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3

18. - Top - End - #18

Turn VI

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthias attacks Brigand #8: hits (52). Matthias deals 10 damage.
    Brigand #8 can’t retaliate.
    Matthias gains 10EXP, 1WEXP.

Alez attacks Brigand #8: hits. Alez deals 6 damage.
    Brigand #8 retaliates: hits (14). Brigand #8 deals 12 damage.
    Alez attacks again: hits. Alez deals 6 damage – Brigand #8 dies.
    Alez gains 38EXP, 3WEXP.

Jonan uses a Vulnerary: regains 10HP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer #3 attacks Alez: hits (63). Archer #3 deals 10 damage – Alez is incapacitated!

Brigand #9 attacks Rayan: hits (9). Brigand #9 deals 12 damage.
    Rayan retaliates: hits (78). Rayan deals 15 damage - Brigand #9 dies.

Archer #5 attacks Rayan: misses (83). Archer #5 misses.
    Rayan can’t retaliate.
    Rayan gains 1EXP.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #2 attacks Archer #3: hits. Soldier #2 deals 8 damage.
    Archer #3 can’t retaliate.

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

061/100 EXP
    8/20 HP, 8 Mag, 6 Skl, 6 Spd, 2 Lck, 2 Def, 3 Res, 8Con

Flux - 43/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 5/40 D

070/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 6/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    010/100 EXP

Lightning - 34/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 01/40 D

002/100 EXP
    18/24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Vulnerary - 2/3
    Red Gem

Lances – 0/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP
    0/16 HP, 3 STR, 3 SKL, 10 SPD, 6 LCK, 1 DEF, 0 RES, 6CON

Iron Sword - 44/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90% hit, 0% crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    015/100 EXP

Heal - 29/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 2/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Archer #3: 5/21 HP

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2020-08-22 at 01:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Turn VII

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mae heals Rayan with [Heal]. Rayan regains 15HP.
    Mae gains 18EXP, 2WEXP.

Rayan attacks Archer #5: hits (78). Rayan deals 15 damage.
    Archer #5 can’t retaliate.
    Rayan gains 10EXP, 1WEXP.

Iskander attacks Archer #5: hits (32). Iskander deals 10 damage – Archer #5 dies.
    Iskander gains 30EXP, 2WEXP.
    Iskander reachers level 4: +1 HP, +1 STR, +1 SPD, +1 DEF, +1 RES!

Jonan attacks Archer #3: hits (63). Jonan deals 10 damage – Archer #3 dies.
    Jonan gains 30EXP, 2WEXP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brigand #1 attacks Soldier #3: hits (42). Brigand #1 deals 10 damage.
    Soldier #3 retaliates: misses (92).
    Brigand #1 attacks again: hits (69). Brigand #1 deals 10 damage.

Brigand #2 attacks Soldier #5: hits (64). Brigand #2 deals 10 damage.
    Soldier #5 retaliates: hits (46). Soldier #5 deals 7 damage.
    Brigand #2 attacks again: hits (44). Brigand #2 deals 10 damage.

Archer #1 attacks Soldier #3: hits. Archer #1 deals 6 damage – Soldier #3 dies.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

071/100 EXP

Flux - 42/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3
    Red Gem

Dark Magic – 6/40 D

Iskander Thani, lv4 Mercenary
    000/100 EXP
    14ATT, 101% hit, 1% crit, 23% dodge
    22/22 HP, 9STR, 3SKL, 9SPD, 5LCK, 6DEF, 1RES, 8CON

Iron Sword - 41/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 8/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    010/100 EXP

Lightning - 34/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 01/40 D

032/100 EXP

Iron Lance - 44/45 [8wt, 7mt, 80% hit, 0% crit] E
    Vulnerary - 2/3

Lances – 2/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    036/100 EXP

Heal - 28/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 4/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Soldier #3: 2/22

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Brigand #2: 15/22 HP

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2020-08-25 at 11:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Turn VIII

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rayan attacks Brigand #2: hits (38). Rayan deals 15 damage – Brigand #2 dies.
    Rayan reaches level 4: +1 HP, +1 MAG, +1 SPD, +1 LCK!

Matthias attacks Brigand #1: hits (40). Matthias deals 10 damage.
    Brigand #1 can’t retaliate.

Iskander attacks Brigand #1: hits (17). Iskander deals 12 damage – Brigand #1 dies.
    Iskander gains 26EXP, 2WEXP.

Mae heals Jonan with [Heal]. Jonan regains 15HP.
    Mae gains 18EXP, 2WEXP.

Jonan attacks Thief #1: hits (21). Jonan deals 12 damage.
    Thief #1 retaliates: hits (2). Thief #1 deals 3 damage.
    Thief #1 attacks again: hits (17). Thief #1 deals 3 damage.
    Jonan gains 10EXP, 1WEXP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer #1 attacks Matthias: hits (40).
    Archer #1 deals 7 damage.
    Matthias can’t retaliate.
    Matthias gains 1EXP.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show

Soldier #2 attacks Archer #1: hits. Soldier #2 deals 8 damage.
    Archer #1 can’t retaliate.

Soldier #5 attacks Archer #1: hits. Soldier #5 deals 8 damage.
    Archer #1 can’t retaliate.

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Rayan, Level 4 Shaman Lord
    001/100 EXP
    16ATT, 94% hit, 3% crit, 16% dodge
    21/21 HP, 9 Mag, 6 Skl, 7 Spd, 3 Lck, 2 Def, 3 Res, 8Con

Flux - 41/45 [8 Wt, 7 Mt, 80% Hit, 0% Crt] D
    Vulnerary - 3/3
    Red Gem

Dark Magic – 8/40 D

026/100 EXP

Iron Sword - 40/46 [5wt, 5mt, 90%hit, 0%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 10/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    021/100 EXP
    12/19 HP, 6 MAG, 4 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Lightning - 33/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 02/40 D

042/100 EXP

Iron Lance - 43/45 [8wt, 7mt, 80% hit, 0% crit] E
    Vulnerary - 2/3

Lances – 3/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    054/100 EXP

Heal - 27/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 6/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Archer #1: 6/21 HP

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3
    8ATT, 98% hit, 2% crit, 18% dodge
    6/18 HP, 3 STR, 4 SKL, 10 SPD, 1 LCK, 3 DEF, 1 RES, 6CON

21. - Top - End - #21

Turn IX

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthias attacks Archer #1: hits (22). Matthias deals 10 damage – Archer #1 dies.
    Matthias gains 30EXP, 2WEXP.

Enemy Phase
    “Boss, boss – there’s a group making a break for it on the West end!”
    “Not a chance – pen them in! Don't let these dogs slip the leash.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

001/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 8/40 D

026/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 10/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    051/100 EXP
    12/19 HP, 6 MAG, 4 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 4 RES, 8CON

Lightning - 32/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Light Magic – 04/40 D

042/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 2/3
    Red Gem

Lances – 3/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    054/100 EXP

Heal - 27/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 6/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3

22. - Top - End - #22

Turn X

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jonan uses a Vulnerary: regains 6HP.

Matthias uses a Vulnerary: regains 7HP.

Enemy Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer #4 attacks Jonan: hits (30).
    Archer #4 deals 8 damage. Jonan can’t retaliate.
    Jonan gains 1EXP.

Ally Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldiers are following Rayan.

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

001/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 8/40 D

026/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 10/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    051/100 EXP

Lightning - 32/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 2/3

Light Magic – 04/40 D

043/100 EXP
    16/24 HP, 6 STR, 7 SKL, 3 SPD, 3 LCK, 4 DEF, 3 RES, 13CON

Vulnerary - 1/3
    Red Gem

Lances – 3/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    054/100 EXP

Heal - 27/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 6/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3

23. - Top - End - #23

Turn X

Player Phase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthias attacks Brigand #6: hits (57).
    Matthias deals 10 damage. Brigand #6 can’t retaliate.

Jonan attacks Archer #4: misses (91).
    Archer #4 can’t retaliate.
    Jonan gains 1EXP.

Mae heals Jonan with [Heal]: Jonan regains 8HP.
    Mae gains 18EXP, 2WEXP.

Rayan [Escapes] from [6,25]!

-----~oO Map Complete! Oo~-----

“Damn, they've run off! Sack the town - we'll have our chance another day...”

Pursuit from Unnan is lackluster at best, the remaining Crows turning to extract a blood price from the undefended village. Though expediency and the culling of some of their number may have mitigated the full extent of the damage, it will be a long and hard recovery for the coastal village.

Meanwhile, the group links up with Melia's caravan - nearly two dozen covered caravans already in the last motions of departure; fluttering mercenary banners mixed with the Lord's own blue-on-black - barely on time to receive pay from a harried quartermaster, who waves them to join the remainder.

-----~oOo~-----

The group receives [3000 gold].

The [Caravan] option is available between maps. This service is provided by Hairpin Transportation and Storage at no charge for the expedition's duration.

-----~oOo~-----

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

001/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Dark Magic – 8/40 D

026/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 10/40 D

Matthias, lv3 Monk
    061/100 EXP

Lightning - 31/35 [6wt, 4mt, 95%hit, 5%crit] E
    Vulnerary - 2/3

Light Magic – 05/40 D

043/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 1/3
    Red Gem

Lances – 3/40 D

Alez, lv1 Thief
    038/100 EXP

Vulnerary - 3/3

Swords – 3/40 D

Mae, lv1 Troubadour
    072/100 EXP

Heal - 26/30 E
    Vulnerary - 3/3

Staves – 8/40 D

Allied Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soldier #1-7, lv3

Enemy Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

000/100 EXP

Vulnerary – 3/3

Brigand #1-11, lv3

Archer #1-5, lv3

Mage #1-2, lv3

Thief #1, level 3
    Last edited by Sairyu; 2020-10-04 at 02:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Mae

After the battle, Mae starts stitching up Alez as best as she can.

"I wish I'd been able to tend to this earlier with my staff. This isn't going to heal particularly well or quickly now that it's been left for so long. You're going to need to be much more careful. I might not be able to fix you up next time."
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2020-10-15 at 11:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Pfft, lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place now, does it?" Alez said when he felt good enough to reply, then winced "Ugh... Yeah, ok, I should really do that. Especially after what happened" he bit his lip thinking of Unnan getting ransacked. He didn't want to bring down the mood or look ungrateful after almost getting himself killed.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

After the skirmish concludes, Rayan walks over to the swordfighter who had said his name during the fight.

“My apologies for not responding earlier; battle is quite the taxing experience, especially on the mind. I find no joy in killing, but it is all too commonly necessary. But yes, many have assumed that a noble such as I have no experience on the battlefield, and that has led to their undoing.

I in turn respect a swordsman of your caliber. Any fool can pick up a blade, but few have the training required to face one’s enemy head-on and emerge victorious. I look forward to fighting together again, if that lies in our shared future.”

Over the course of the conversation, the mystical energies that had been surrounding Rayan fade, and he stores his tome in his satchel.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Mae

Mae dusts herself off after stitching Alex's wound together and greets the others warmly. Her bubbling personality and abundant optimism is readily apparent as she speaks

"Well now that the fear of imminent death as well as the chance to miss our deadline have both been avoided, let's make some introductions and the like shall we? 'Twould be a damn shame to be working together without knowing each other. My name is Mae. I used to travel with an order of monks, and learned the ways of magic and healing from them. I've been on the road for a fair bit of my life now, but the pay here looks to be a good deal better. Not that I'm just here for pay mind you, the chance to get a look at one of these ancient temples is exciting!"

After her initial outburst, Mae quiets down a bit, hoping someone else will take lead of the conversation.