New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Diablo 3 Season

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Diablo 3 Season

So here I am, I got a random hankering to play some d3 out of quarantine boredom most likely. I decided to roll up a season necro because I never really got the chance to play one before I lost interest last time. First off, i have to say, im shocked at how much of a room clearing bad arse the necro is. Corpse explosion is king from the moment I got it. Army of the dead is hilariously powerful at killing bosses, no wonder its got such a long recast timer. I run through the first 2-3 chapters at master/torment difficulty and its honestly a laugh. When I reach chapter 4 I stop laughing. I swear the keywardens on torment 4 are designed to sir robin their entire life span as they bravely run away... directly towards as many enemies as they can find. Bad enough they tend to spawn on top of or right next to a champ pack and unique plus minions combo. I swear I cleared half of dalghur oasis before the warden finally got ganked.

Also, my precious corpse explosion.... its no longer easy peasy murdering large crowds of bad guys! Some of these NON CHAMP mobs are taking like 4 explosions or more before keeling over! Its a betrayal really. I am REALLY not looking forward to running the grift at level 20. Not so much because I will die, but because its taking me too freaking long to kill champs and uniques reliably. But I REALLY want the full gear set as I think thats going to make a notable difference in how fast I kill stuff. Maybe then i can focus on farming some legendary weapons or something because I need the dps boost bad. On the plus side, I found a nice bit or armor with a 35% chance to trigger fan of knives for 900% weapon damage when hit. I extracted that bad boy and took its effect real quick. Lets hope its effective. But better than nothing I guess. I find I am generally only getting hit when im swarmed anyways, so aoe damage is a good thing for making an escape.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo 3 Season

I always preferred Corpse Lance for my corpse-disposal skill; sure, it's single-target, but the much higher base damage of it helps it stay relevant even without significant damage synergies, and especially with Land of the Dead available it's a good way to burn through bosses you otherwise might not have the damage output to really deal with while trying to clear enough of the Season to earn your full set.

Other tips..

Do the weekly Challenge Rift, at least once to start off your new season. You get a generous bundle of money, Death's Breaths, and the Act crafting materials, which are otherwise really slow to gather when you're still working through low Torment/Rift levels. In particular, you'll get enough stuff for this next bit:

Do Bounties, gather up the recipes, and check out what Haedrig can do for you. A lot of the craftable sets have been significantly buffed recently, in particular Captain Crimsons (gives Cooldown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction, plus increased damage and damage reduction based on those stats) and Aughild's (general increased damage/damage reduction, full set bonus is an extra bump in both specifically for fighting Elite enemies.) If you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur, you can even fit in one or both of them alongside your class set. These can easily give you the bump you need to get over the top on the Season Journey when your class set doesn't include a decent early damage bonus.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I always preferred Corpse Lance for my corpse-disposal skill; sure, it's single-target, but the much higher base damage of it helps it stay relevant even without significant damage synergies, and especially with Land of the Dead available it's a good way to burn through bosses you otherwise might not have the damage output to really deal with while trying to clear enough of the Season to earn your full set.

Other tips..

Do the weekly Challenge Rift, at least once to start off your new season. You get a generous bundle of money, Death's Breaths, and the Act crafting materials, which are otherwise really slow to gather when you're still working through low Torment/Rift levels. In particular, you'll get enough stuff for this next bit:

Do Bounties, gather up the recipes, and check out what Haedrig can do for you. A lot of the craftable sets have been significantly buffed recently, in particular Captain Crimsons (gives Cooldown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction, plus increased damage and damage reduction based on those stats) and Aughild's (general increased damage/damage reduction, full set bonus is an extra bump in both specifically for fighting Elite enemies.) If you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur, you can even fit in one or both of them alongside your class set. These can easily give you the bump you need to get over the top on the Season Journey when your class set doesn't include a decent early damage bonus.
    So I ran the weekly challenge rift, beat it, but got nothing. No loot, no gold, no items, nothing. Did I have to beat it by that ludicrous starting time to get any reward from it? Ive never been an exceptional player of the game so I dont see that happening.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So I ran the weekly challenge rift, beat it, but got nothing. No loot, no gold, no items, nothing. Did I have to beat it by that ludicrous starting time to get any reward from it? Ive never been an exceptional player of the game so I dont see that happening.
    You need to beat the time. It's based on an actual run from a person with that gear, so it's possible and probably nowhere near a "speedrun" rime. Grifts in general are all based on speed, so if you ever ant to do them you'll need to go fast.

You should take a long look at the gear setup and skills of the person in question, because you may be missing some key synergy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The reward will be sent to the mailbox inside the main game, and yes, you have to beat the original player's time. I haven't found that to be too difficult, but sometimes need to run it a few times to figure out where the bosses/champion packs are so you can run it more efficiently - the Challenge Rift is not randomized, so you should be able to meet the target time by diving straight for the bonus orbs from the elite groups and ignoring side chambers that don't have any high value fights.

6. - Top - End - #6

Ah, I guess I should try some more. I ran it twice and my second time through was a lot better. Still probably a minute or two short of the timer but hey, I only died twice that time! lol Ive figured out my main method of obliterating the enemies fairly fast, the problem is the way they attack tends to tear me to shreds. Lots and lots of those flies that spit the little balls at you from all directions and those boggan hunter dudes with the blowguns and bear traps that do the same. For some reason those attacks WRECK ME and its not always easy to avoid them when im in the middle of fighting champs spamming dozens of attacks all over the place. And of course the fact that they try their hardest to stay away makes it annoying to kill them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

What did they go with for this Challenge? I'll admit I haven't tried it - I find this Season gimmick annoying with the constant audio cues, brightness changes, and general visual business of the elemental effects, so I'm probably going to mostly sit this one out.. but there may be some playstyle/ability rotation facets you're missing. I've seen some pretty janky Challenge Rift characters, but they're generally all capable of solving the Rift you're given without too much difficulty once you figure out what the build is supposed to do.

.. it's possible that what the build is supposed to do is a playstyle/ability set you just are not going to click with. I ran into that with a couple of Witch Doctor-based Challenge Rifts, because I like basically none of the major Witch Doctor sets/skill options. In that case, if you're not actually enjoying trying to figure out the Rift, just wait for it to cycle. You can still make progress doing Act Bounties/normal Rifts/lower-level Greater Rifts to complete your collection of craft recipes, Legendary Gems, and Paragon levels.

8. - Top - End - #8

It was a monk build with, iirc, dashing strike, hundred fist, the lashing tail kick, the mantra that boosts resistances and defense the swirling wind skill with some serious modifiers to boost its effect when maxxed out, and I think a skill that boosts spirit gain. I think I have to make better use of the dashing strike for moving across the screen quickly. The hardest part is dealing with the bullet hell of the bugs spitting lines of poison at me, the hunters with their blowguns and of course the champs and minions with things like electric orbs, molten, desecration etc spreading everywhere. I dont really have a healing ability to work with aside from life on hit/kill so it can make things dicey.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Went to look it up; looks like it keys on Epiphany + using Ring of the Zodiac to manage cooldowns. So you basically always want to have Epiphany up, which will help provide enough Spirit to spam Lashing Tail Kick, which will then help get Epiphany back up in time to use it again. They have the damage reduction rune on Epiphany, which should provide a major chunk of your survivability, and Epiphany also causes your attacks to teleport you to your target - this should help reduce the need to chase down individual enemies. Pop Sweeping Winds at the start and then forget about it, it should basically never have a chance to fall off if you're making good time. If you find yourself being pressured too much you can use the Mantra active for an extra burst of defense, but most of the time Epiphany + ripping stuff apart with LTK spam should make it unnecessary.

10. - Top - End - #10

Thanks I will try that. Heh, also just at random discovered the not a cow level. That was actually a lot of fun at t4 (was running mathiel for chapter 4) Oddly enough, corpse explosion was VERY useful there. Also, the fan of knives legendary armor effect was a handy one. Cant really tell how much damage it did but it was proccing like crazy. Turns out when you start killing the vast swarms of infernal bovines, the equally massive pile of corpses they leave provides a nice chain reaction. I about pooped myself when I triggered the cow king event and was suddenly covered all over by cows with my skeletons busy elsewhere by pure bad luck, but again, had enough dead bodies around to make it a surprisingly easy clear. Really the only downside to my current build is the lack of sustained dps. It only really shows up on champ packs because once my corpses run out, if my army of the dead doesnt kill a lot of them its going to be a close fight.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks I will try that. Heh, also just at random discovered the not a cow level. That was actually a lot of fun at t4 (was running mathiel for chapter 4) Oddly enough, corpse explosion was VERY useful there. Also, the fan of knives legendary armor effect was a handy one. Cant really tell how much damage it did but it was proccing like crazy. Turns out when you start killing the vast swarms of infernal bovines, the equally massive pile of corpses they leave provides a nice chain reaction. I about pooped myself when I triggered the cow king event and was suddenly covered all over by cows with my skeletons busy elsewhere by pure bad luck, but again, had enough dead bodies around to make it a surprisingly easy clear. Really the only downside to my current build is the lack of sustained dps. It only really shows up on champ packs because once my corpses run out, if my army of the dead doesnt kill a lot of them its going to be a close fight.
    Ooh, yeah. That's a fun place to be a Necromancer (fun for most classes, really, unless you have no usable AoE capability at all. It's a pain to go through one cow at a time.) Great source of gems and gold, too.

12. - Top - End - #12

Ooh, yeah. That's a fun place to be a Necromancer (fun for most classes, really, unless you have no usable AoE capability at all. It's a pain to go through one cow at a time.) Great source of gems and gold, too.
    Funny thing is, I netted my paladin a level 70 version of that legendary weapon that summons a spirit goat man to fight. I had looted one way back in early game times (I swear its almost as common as leorics freaking crown) but was amusing to see one again, and it gave my paladin like 20x his previous damage. Mainly because I kept forgetting to swap out his gear and he still had a level 46 dagger or something. But yeah, tons of gold and gems. Also lots and lots of crafting materials after salvaging the dozen or so resplendent chests and all the champs and uniques and bosses.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Spamalot in the Playground

I completed Guardian yesterday and got the pet - my three conquests were The Thrill (which is so ridiculously easy now thanks to Legacy of Dreams that they should think about bumping it), Curses!, and Speed Demon. Demon Hunter using the gift set (Shadow) as well as my fave, Unhallowed Essence. I know the new set is baller on the rankings but I still don't really like it.

This season's affix was awful for me. I fight things from one screen away most of the time so all those pretty meteors and tornadoes and other crap don't do squat except clutter the ground from the stuff I need to avoid, and dip my frame rate. It doesn't enable any kind of new builds either. Really hoping they don't revisit this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

My seasonal HC Crusader is up to level 36 now. I ran with a Hydra Wizard last season, so I figured I'd go with Crusader this season. Not playing terribly often, though. Last season my wizard died twice, once from teleporting into a group of enemies that killed me so quickly my Cheat Death didn't help. I suspect the Blizzard Floor VomitTM is what did me in, combined with not enough time for my Halo of Karini to trigger its 80% damage reduction. Second time, I triggered my Cheat Death, but then couldn't get far enough away from enemies to retreat back to town. Each time though, I had a Rank 25 Gem of Ease ready to plug into a weapon to make re-leveling easy.

As for the seasonal effects, the Fire Wall is the most useless. It's too slow. My fave is the arcane lightning that shoots out in front of you. At least it's always where you are.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been wanting to ask some questions about Diablo 3, which I plan to buy eventually. In particular some comparison questions to Path of Exile which i've been playing recently:
    In the late game for Diablo 3, how prone is it to very fast death? (ie getting killed in a couple of seconds, or just one-shotted).
    To what extent are lesser mobs a threat, or at least doing some injury? or is it all about the bosses/specials that threaten you?

When you die (or are just hurt in general), are there indications/info/logs as to what damage types killed you or what mitigation measures might have helped? (in PoE one of my issues is that when I die, sometimes it's unclear what the damage type even was)
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

When you die, you are always informed what killed you. At least when you're playing a Hard Core character; but I think regular characters also inform you, I just usually don't pay much attention to it. Hard Core characters, by the way, can only die once. Then you have to create a replacement character, and no, you can't loot the body of your previous character. Regular characters can die repeatedly, and always respawn with all the gear they were wearing/carrying when they died.

Every class has a Cheat Death ability you can equip, although they each gain access to it at a different level. Crusaders get it the earliest, while Demon Hunters don't get it until they hit level 70. These can trigger once every 60 seconds. They by definition prevent you from getting one-shotted, although you can still be two-shotted almost instantly in the wrong circumstances. But you can also control the difficulty level yourself, with levels from Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, then Torments 1 - 16.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

17. - Top - End - #17

At higher difficulties the chance of being effectively one shot rises rapidly. I say that because you are more likely to get killed because you are trapped by a dozen attacks hitting you all at once and insta killing you rather than a single monster hitting you once and killing you. The goal is to feather the difficulty you play at so you are able to stay alive and not take forever to kill stuff while as difficult as you can handle because the difficulty level effects item drops, exp and gold gain, etc etc etc. The better your gear, and choice of skills, as well as practice, the higher difficulty you can handle. From an efficiency standpoint, if the next level of difficulty grants double the exp and gold but it takes you 3x as long to do anything, even if you CAN handle it, its not very efficient. And as you play the difficulty level you can best handle, you get the chance to get better gear which will allow you to move on to the next difficulty level.

Like for me, right now my necromancer is on torment 4 and thats about his limit. Once I finish my class set I may be able to push up a torment level or two because of the skill synergies I will have. Some of my better attacks will get a really nice dps boost, letting me kill stuff a lot faster than normal which means im less likely to be swarmed and killed. Now back to efficiency, I am not certain how that translates to gear farming. like, im not sure of the formula for the difference between gear dropping in torment 4 versus gear dropping in torment 5. So someone more experienced will have to tell you if taking 3x as long to kill stuff is a fair trade as the gear you can loot will be much better than on a single level lower difficulty.

Oh, and as far as the environmental effects, right now the only two I like are the tornados and the energy ray one. Both seem to be more effective at hitting the enemy and doing good damage. The snowball is kinda lame, and as was said, the fire is super slow. The poison meteors are nice but dont seem to hit as often.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    As for the seasonal effects, the Fire Wall is the most useless. It's too slow. My fave is the arcane lightning that shoots out in front of you. At least it's always where you are.
    That's the only one that's been halfway useful for me too (it's the one Diablo himself/herself uses.) The snowball and flame wave are too slow, and the meteors and tornadoes are too random and the range is too short. I can see how the affixes might be kind of helpful for a melee/short-range build but at long range they're like a screen door on a submarine.

Does anyone know if the poison meteors benefit from things like Nilfur's Boast?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Every class has a Cheat Death ability you can equip, although they each gain access to it at a different level. Crusaders get it the earliest, while Demon Hunters don't get it until they hit level 70. These can trigger once every 60 seconds. They by definition prevent you from getting one-shotted, although you can still be two-shotted almost instantly in the wrong circumstances. But you can also control the difficulty level yourself, with levels from Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, then Torments 1 - 16.
    You can also get a second cheat death by wearing Ancestor's Grace, which is a HC-only amulet that some would say is well worth farming/upgrading for. Your build will take a damage hit but, as the saying goes, the dps of a corpse is zero
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You can also get a second cheat death by wearing Ancestor's Grace, which is a HC-only amulet that some would say is well worth farming/upgrading for. Your build will take a damage hit but, as the saying goes, the dps of a corpse is zero
    Also the Skeleton King's shoulder item, and some sets (Firebirds most notably, and I want to say one of the Necromancer sets?) and skill runes include another cheat death. Akkhan's Crusaders using Champion of Akarat- Prophet (whopping 150% armor bonus plus a cheat death effect) rune plus their native cheat passive take some determination to get killed for real.

20. - Top - End - #20

The Leoric shoulder isn't totally unhelpful, but at 25% chance to save you I'd pretty much never rely on that for a HC character. Certainly for a LoN/LoD build in softcore it's an extra revive that could make the difference between timing or failing a high key, and I'm sure it's saved HC characters at some point too, but that's the kind of thing that for me at least would make my death feel even worse.

Crusader does indeed have 2-3 cheats. Firebird's cheat is pretty much to keep you alive between the elites you set on fire, when your toughness becomes nonexistent.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #21

heh wow, mathiel on t4 is an annoying fight. I spent most of the time running away from him avoiding his various deadly auras and other wide spread attacks and telling my skeletons to attack him directly while smaking him (and the trash he summoned) with bone armor. It took several minutes but I pulled it off. On the plus side, i got myself a new weapon maltorious petrified spike makes bone spear cost more energy to cast but do something like just under 700% more damage so that should help. Also granted 40 extra spirit or whatever my energy source is called. /sigh. Now to run a rift at t4 so I can then run a grift at 20. I am not looking forward to this. t4 is a serious pita for me as my killing is slowed down enough to greatly increase my chances of getting pasted by bad guys. Hopefully this new legendary weapon will turn the tide enough.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Malthael's a huge pain if you don't have any major damage buffs yet, especially with channeling builds and melee/short range ones that really don't want to have to keep moving constantly or lose all their DPS when they're forced to dodge out of a deathcloud.

The new legendary should get you over the hump to finish the Season pretty smoothly; you may find it helpful to switch off Corpse Explosion and use Devour instead to help keep up with the increased resource cost.

23. - Top - End - #23

Hmm, i tried it out, I even put it on the passive aura so it would auto absorb every corpse and while it does provide some extra energy, im not sure that it outpaces the raw damage blowing up a carpet of corpses would do to clear the trash. I mean, it takes about 3-4 corpses to earn enough to cast a single bone spear. But man is bone spear a lot better. Ran a t4 regular rift to try and test it out and it does a great job 1-2 shotting the normal trash mobs. Had a hard time judging my clear speed because I hit a floor that was a gigantic wide open area without a lot of champs and such so I bogged down till i found the exit finally, but it seemed to be acceptable. Will give the grift a shot next time. I have a few spare stones to experiment with.

*EDIT* Yep ran 20 grfit with devour, cleared it with almost 6 minutes to spare. Not bad for someone like me who isnt exactly a speed runner. Bone spear is hilariously powerful in crowded narrow corridors with the +15% damage each enemy it passes through. And now my season gear set is complete. I also looted a pair of legendary pants that makes bone spirit something like 420% more powerful for every second it travels. I wonder what I can switch out with that. Bone spear has the massive dps boost from my legendary weapon, bone armor is what my entire gear set is around, I need devour for the spirit gain, should I switch out army of the dead for bone spirit? I really like using that as a fire and forget method of crippling the champ packs but the long cooldown makes it less effective as a long term dps option.
    Last edited by Traab; 2020-07-16 at 10:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

So I ran t4 with my new gear set. WOW. I have to bump it to t5 at least, maybe t6. I think my issue will be surviving damage because at t4 im basically instantly killing champs and uniques with the 6 piece gear bonus. Activate the bone armor aura, and a single bone spear kills even the act bosses. Im literally running through the game, not bothering to stop until i find a champ pack to kill because everything else is just dying as soon as it gets within the aura. Its like I went back to expert difficulty. But yeah, i think I may hit t6 on this before the damage gets too risky to take.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

So I ran t4 with my new gear set. WOW. I have to bump it to t5 at least, maybe t6. I think my issue will be surviving damage because at t4 im basically instantly killing champs and uniques with the 6 piece gear bonus. Activate the bone armor aura, and a single bone spear kills even the act bosses. Im literally running through the game, not bothering to stop until i find a champ pack to kill because everything else is just dying as soon as it gets within the aura. Its like I went back to expert difficulty. But yeah, i think I may hit t6 on this before the damage gets too risky to take.
    This is pretty consistent with my experience - depending on the particular set, getting it completed will let you do at least T6, and some of the better ones that don't need as many helper legendaries can do 7 or 8 just from the completed set bonuses. Once you have full stacks of Bone Armor (don't forget to retrigger it every so often to keep it going, even on a single enemy - it retains the higher stack count, just refreshes the duration) you should have enough durability, and T6/equivalent levels Greater Rifts is a decent first place to farm for a bit to try and find the helper legendaries that can take you higher if you want.

26. - Top - End - #26

This is pretty consistent with my experience - depending on the particular set, getting it completed will let you do at least T6, and some of the better ones that don't need as many helper legendaries can do 7 or 8 just from the completed set bonuses. Once you have full stacks of Bone Armor (don't forget to retrigger it every so often to keep it going, even on a single enemy - it retains the higher stack count, just refreshes the duration) you should have enough durability, and T6/equivalent levels Greater Rifts is a decent first place to farm for a bit to try and find the helper legendaries that can take you higher if you want.
    A part of it has to be the synergy here. My set bonus gives my a 10k% dps boost to anything in my aura and when you combine that with skills that have legendary bonus for nearly 700% extra damage, im dealing out basically ludicrous damage. Even my pets and merc are doing respectable damage to anything in range of my aura. I also have a number of other legendaries that passively do damage to everything near me so thats grotesque dps by itself and explains why its like im running around with that power buff active that blasts everything nearby constantly. I think t6 is going to be where my squishiness starts to come into play. Being hit hurts pretty bad at t5 but nothing I cant handle. Especially since its rare for anything to be able to hit me twice before it dies. Funny thing, this grift I ended up looting a slightly better version of my set gear arm slot, and a slightly worse version of my weapon. (slightly higher dps, lower damage bonus to bone spear) Cant wait to see what sort of stuff I start looting at t6.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot. Finally got my HC crusader to level 70. Suddenly I can jump to T4 (probably higher, since most mobs go down really easily, and even the bosses inflict minimal damage to me). I've completed Chapter 3 of the season journey, so I have 4 of the 6 pieces of the Thorns of Invoker set (one of the ugliest sets of Diablo III - Thank the Heavens for Miriam and her "transmorgification" magic ball).

Yes, it's been a month, but I only played an hour or so a week at first. Now that I'm leveled up, I'll probably play a little more often.

28. - Top - End - #28

I'm not a fan of Invoker's looks either, but no other set has quite the same thorny aesthetic breaking out all over it (e.g. check the back of the helm.) I usually use some Abyssal Dye on it though.

I do however always transmog my Spiker shield into something more stark though, e.g. Denial. And my Hack or Pig Sticker usually gets mogged into Nailbiter.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy