1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the land IC

Zara inspects the statue more closely.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    K History (?): (1d20+11)[28]
    K Religion (?): (1d20+23)[26]

"Hmm...Yes, these ones will suffice to ward off critters and the like, at least for a time."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raziel swoops into the bastion, robe fluttering as he drops to the ground. The deep cowl rustles as he looks around, surveying the carnage. As the statue begins to exert pressure he paces over, examining it closely, circling around it and checking every detail.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

My knowledge skills are actually limited to Arcana without casting spells so we'll see if that's useful in any way and go from there.
    K Arcana: (1d20+16)[32]
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Parzlataamuun feels mysteries energies inside him swirling, scratching and... Whispering? Begging to be let out. They can be hold inside him, for now.

One of the zombies shuffles towards Zara and gives her a military salutation. He lurches towards the other undead and says Secure... The... Entrance... Two of the zombies do just that. He faces to the other one. Secure... And... Maintain… Equipment... He Begins to Gather the mundane weapons and armor and should he have everything in order he begins to sharpen the weapons, try to repair the armor that is sliced apart, scorched by arcane energy or punctured through.

The clearly mightiest zombie then produces a flask from somewhere, opens it and take a swig. Keep... Away… Critters...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Zara's lips tighten perceptibly, and briefly she looks consumed with rage and pain. A moment later, it's gone. "It depicts a demigod of trickery. Take care around it, it may be enchanted." She pauses a moment to consider many things. "I have spells that can be used to prepare the fortress for defense. I'll get those cast before we continue on to our next destination." She skitters away.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Excellent." Parzlaatamuun says, glancing down towards one hand and clenching his fist, pushing the writhing soul energy down for the time being. "Now then, while Lady Zara is fortifying this place... Raziel, tell us what you know of the Frozen Lands to the North. Was there any record of Dragon Lairs for us to use? Perhaps a dragonhunter map."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raziel's cowled head turns to the Lord of Iron and nods in acknowledgement "The information I could find said little of dragons. It seems the wastes are dominated by barbarians. I say dominated and not ruled because they are fragmented and fractious, it seems there is a King named Carnis though his control over the lands seems to be tenuous at best." Gesturing to the statue the angel continues "This would seem to be a patron saint of Entertainers and Enchanters so it would fit with being an ascendant trickster. I was shown a brief vision where he had kill his predecessor and took something of hers in his bid to ascend. Perhaps the Heart or a fragment of it? I do not know for certain."
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2020-10-08 at 05:13 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When the dragons are mentioned, the highly intelligent zombie turns towards Parzlaatamuun. No... Dragons... All... Eaten...

He looks empty towards the sky for a moment. Barbarians... Do... Dragon... Hunting... Haven't... Found... For... Centuries...

He takes another swig from his flask.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlatamuun taps a finger on his hip, thinking. "Then we shall head north. Seek out someone with the old stories, the tales of the dragon hunters will tell us where their ruins might lie." he says, turning to the others. "Unless you have any suggestions, Tayci, Lady Zara?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When the group travels north it isn't long till the snow begins to fall and actually get's heavier. The temperatures drop sharply and normal humans would probably have problems living comfortably. A sharp wind blows but it's just enough to slow the group down a little bit.

You can see several fir trees from up high, but nothing that can be called a forest. Some gnarly plants claw themselves in the ground too withstand the howling winds and some small potrusions rise up from the ground too sad to be called hills.

A trail is seen and after following it for less than a minute a humanoid in a heavy fur coat is seen trudging through the falling snow. Whether it is a storyteller is not readily apparent.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stopping in the air, Parzlaatamuun touches a small gemstone on his wrist to shift his form to something more... paletable. Maw had created the device not long ago, and helped to implant it into the Lord. Ordering the other two to remain out of sight until needed, he lands a fair distance from the person.

Clad in the form of a tall, pale-skinned humanoid, wrapped in furs and warm clothes, the disguised Parzla makes his way on the ground towards the traveller, raising a hand in greeting. "Hello there!" he calls out, voice full of strange for him warmth and friendliness. "Was not expecting a fellow traveller on this cold road, how do you fare, friend?"

Spoiler: Parzlaatamuun's Human Bishie Form
    Show
    Last edited by Genth; 2020-10-15 at 03:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The tall woman turns to Parzlaatamuun.

Her pearly-white skin seems like the snow itself, her heavy fur trimmed robes in a dark blue makes her stand out from the snow. Her hair is black but tucked under a hood and her piercing gaze from her dark brown eyes soften when she sees Parz human form. She seems surprised but clearly happy that she meets someone else. She laughs a crispy clear laugh and then speaks further.

I don't know how you can call this a "road" but it is nice too see someone else. She gracefully steps towards him and comes pretty close. Probably a bit too close than is courtly. You're not from here are you? You don't look the part. Do you come from the south? Oh I'm Sverva by the way and you? She continues walking while talking and the falling snow seems to be a bit less severe than before.

Oh, I'm just on the way towards the Yakshew tribe. They are in need of my services after all. She laughs again in a crispy clear manner and for a short moment the feeling of a warm summer morning fills Parzlaatamuun.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    It's a small Prestidigitation effect.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The pale man smiles and nods. "Yes, from some distance south, actually." he replies, reaching up to brush a stand of hair from his brow. "Call me Par, Svera, it is lovely to meet you. I'm a scholar by trade, and coming this way to collect stories and record. On dragons no less!" he gives a small laugh "You see, there used to be dragons in these parts, and I am studying the records, such as I can find them. How about yourself, what services are you offering to the Yakshew?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, a Scholar. Then it's good that you found me and not one of these uncivilized barbarians, Mr. Par. Her smile seems to freeze when dragons are mentioned and she stops in her tracks.

It IS good that you came to me first. She seems to shake her head to clear her thoughts and begins walking again. The Yakshew and the others would kill you without question if you asked for dragons. They think that all dragons belong to them, to strenghten themselves they're ancestors became dragon hunters, eating they're flesh and bathing in they're blood. And sometimes they're feces. They became so skilled that they actually killed every single dragon as far as I know. The only rumored survivor should have been the blue dragon Karkrishkrabonglkarkrushgencli or Ice Fang, as the tribes call them.

She smiles, when her occupation is asked. Oh you know, they have they're shamans but sometimes the help of a wise women is needed too. A bit of healing, a smidge of trading and some weaving skills is all I can offer them.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man blinks, a worried look coming across his face as Parzla feigns shock. "My aim would be to record and spread their tales and techniques, you think they would still see that as theft? he asks, running a hand across his soft white hair. "That would be very unfortunate."

Show
    Sense Motive on her talking about her skills (1d20+15)[29]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm pretty sure they would. They are agressive beyond respise but you don't have to worry. With me on your side you may actually not get decapicated in a glorious splattering manner. She would take your arm and snuggle up a bit.

Spoiler: Sverva
    Show
    You're pretty sure that she vastly understates her abilitys. By the way she moved and changed her voice a litte bit you also think that she try'd to cast a subtle spell on you, which wasn't able to infiltrate your thought-routine.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

There is a moments confusion on the Iron Lord's face as she slides close to him, feeling the magic slip off his strange, metallic mind, but his social mores catch up swiftly, and, playing the part of an 'innocent' scholar, stammers back. "I-I see. Thank you, Svera. I suppose I'll place my life, and my thesis, in your hands!" he says, starting to walk along with her. He telepathically contacts the others, voice in their heads the same cold, clinical voice of the Lord of Silent Iron. Follow. Remain out of sight until needed. But watch her carefully, I suspect this woman is no mere hedgewitch.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, you flatterer. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. She slips one of her hands inside Parz clothes and he feels an unnatural cold slipping past his defenses and cooling his core.

Show
    Take 20 cold damage, Your resistance should be read as 5 points lower than normal.

Spoiler: Spot 20
    Show
    She Slips a hand inside Parz clothes and it seems ice is forming at his Skin.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-10-21 at 03:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlaatamuun looks down at the hand against his chest, sighing and shaking his head. "Oh. That really is A Shame...." he says as he reaches up to grab the hand with his own, body rapidly changing as he dismisses the spell, growing taller, skin turning dark and metallic, eyes flashing into green fiery life. "Kindness to travelers seems to be a dying art." he says, chuckling as he tightens his grip painfully, and a vicious shock of electical power flows through his hand.

Show

20 Cold Damage. Resist Cold 13, reduced to Resist 8, 12 damage taken. 6 damage healed by Fast Healing

Grapple Check (1d20+23)[38]
    (13d6)[46] Discharge
    and presumably 2 negative levels if its successful?
    Last edited by Genth; 2020-10-21 at 04:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Zara emerges from the snowbanks with a sigh. "And here I thought this style of flirting would be more up his alley," she comments dryly. A hand flicks disinterestedly in the direction of the woman, a touch of sanguimancy causing her blood to roil in her veins from heat and tainted transmutation. The thought of a piping hot drink in a storm like this makes her unconsciously lick her lips.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Zara casts "Boiling Blood".

Range: 360 ft
    Target: One living creature
    Duration: 26 rounds
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Each round at the start of her turn, the woman will take 1d8 acid and 1d8 fire damage. DC 23 Fortitude save negates the damage for that round, but doesn't end the effect.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva is very surprised when her deathly cold hands don't impress Parzlaatamuun at all and she even get's grapped, ripping power straight out of her. Shortly after that her own blood hurts her like hell. She kicks Parzlaatamuun deftly, but this time her unnatural frost glides past his frightening defenses but she kicks in such a strange knowledgeable and cunning way that even should Parz not be hit, an explosion of ice forms and hit's the construct, though Zara is too far away to get damaged by that icy explosion. Shorty after that the Lord of Silent Iron holds an ice replica of Sverva in his claws and she is some 30 feet away and very frightened. Stop this! She screams out while she surrounds herself with cooling winds to stop her own blood from burning her.

Show
    Kick against Parz: (1d20+22)[35]
    Damage: [ROLL]2d6+10 Bashing Damage[/ROLL] (Doesn't matter anyway, because she didn't hit) no additional ice damage from her touch this time but still
    (6d6)[28] Ice Damage, your resistance is still considered 5 points lower. You can take a Reflex save against 16 to half that if you deem it necesarry.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-10-26 at 07:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Takes 14, reduced to 6, heals 6 for a total of 6 damage currently taken

Parzlaatamuun chuckles as he shatters the ice sculpture, giving his clawed hand a small shake to remove the ice from it and raises it towards Zara. "Hold, Lady Zara. She has asked us to stop, and I am inclined to oblige." he says, looking towards Sverva. His hands swing behind his back as he approaches her in a stately manner, stopping a good 15 feet away. "Do you surrender, and apologize for your" he chuckles "Charming attempt at murder?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The shadowed sky offers no illumination onto Tayci as she lands directly behind Sverva. Her wings relax as she takes an exaggerated striking position with both hands gripping a harpoon.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Zara sighs once more, but dismisses the spell for now...although another one stands ready to replace it, should this winter witch prove obstinant.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva whose body gave off intense heat and melted the snow around her to create a little steam vortex sighs heavily when her blood stoops boiling. She looks around, looking at the Lord of Silent Iron and Zara. Her gaze catches a glimpse of Raziel who had readied one of his tricks and she curses and sprints away from Tayci when she's getting aware of her.

What are you guy's? Are you seriously going dragonhunting? Sverva makes a little motion and the snow stops falling around you. Also the winds lose they're sharp edge and she seems at least a little pleased.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlaatamuun shakes his head, and raises one hand, lightning crackling at the tip of his forefinger threateningly. "You did not answer. I shall ask once more. Do you surrender, and apologize for your pathetic attempt to do me harm?" he asks, eyes darkening to pinpricks.
    Last edited by Genth; 2020-10-27 at 03:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

With a silent flutter of feathered wings, Tayci darts through the intervening space and Sverva herself. Once behind Sverva again, she readies her harpoon to impale the woman should she attempt to flee again.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva looks at Parzlaatamuun for a moment. She does hesitate but only for a moment, then her head sinks down though she doesn't fall to her knees.

I apologize Par and do not wish to continue fighting you or your companions. Though I would have stopped if you had survived my touch. I just wanted to feel some warmth different than snow hardenend barbarians and it seemed a fitting payment for my protection. Her eyes sway at her side and she seems very ticked off about Tayci being behind her.

You can also spear me from the front, you know?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"That would go against my dear Tayci's nature. Murder is so much more visceral when done from behind, after all." the Lord of Silent Iron says, and lowers his hand, nodding to Tayci and Zara. "I will accept your apology, such as it was, for now, Sverva. As for your question, you may address me as Parzlaatamuun, Lord of Silent Iron and the current Master of Hin Richten Castle." he explains, fixing her with a stare. "We have come here, indeed, to hunt dragons, or failing that, to raid their graves for something we desire. And no, I shall not share what that is with you."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm not interested in the dragons lairs… Parzlaatamuun. She also looks at the Lord of Silent Iron but avoids his gaze after a second. To be frank, I think that's insane. As far as i know Karkrishkrabonglkarkrushgencli is the last and biggest dragon around here. He has his liar somewhere in the mountain range. He nods towards the mountains.

There are several tribal villages plastering the way, but if you all can fly you can avoid them easily. As of now the lead tribe the Yikr'n have they're base at the mountain, trying to find his lair. But they will be unsuccesfull as always. To be replaced by another tribe or they will get another year at the base of the mountain if they keep being the lead tribe. I'm living in this wastes for 30 years now but never was the dragon found. Though he is seen regularly.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Pondering for a moment, Parzla taps his chin with one clawed finger. "Thirty years, hm? And who, would you say, has the best records of the Dragonslayer times, when the hunt was common?"