New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Conquering the land IC

That would be Gangama the current leader of the Yik'rn. He is a beast of a man and I saw him walking through the breath weapon of a giant blue dragon once and decapicate him. She shudders, but then looks at you, half-jokingly.

I guess you want to kill him?

Spoiler: Zara
    Show
    With your vast Knowledge of language you think that Gangama is actually a word in the giant language though you can't discern it's meaning, because you actually don't know the language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlaatamuun shakes his head. "Not unless he defies me. I require detailed information about where the great hordes were, and what objects the Dragons held. Who knows, perhaps we could be friends!" he explains, with a wry tone at the end.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva looks confuddled at the Lord of Silent Iron. About what hordes are you talking about? The tribes take they're possessions always with them.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Not the tribes possessions - the Dragons. Whatever wealth or magical detritus which ended up in their claws." Parzlaatamuun replies, a low, annoyed note in his tone. "As I said, we seek an item long lost within these lands."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva gets more confused and she chooses her next words very carefully to not anger Parzlaatamuun anymore.

But that makes no sense why would a dumb animal like a dragon hoard anything? Besides some stones or perhaps other material for they're nests I mean.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Lord of Silent Iron takes a step forward, eyes flickering across towards Lady Zara for a moment. "This is... curious. Describe for me, in detail, what you know a dragon to be, and do not ask questions about this. It seems there is... something being miscommunicated here."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

She obviously wants to ask a question but restrains herself.

Well they have between two and twelve limbs, sometimes with wings, sometimes not. They have a breath weapon, but that can be anything between masses of trash, too needles to electricity. They have mostly one color, like blue and you can kinda extrapolate from there, but it's hard to find constant things about them. Most of they're limbs are mismatched and don't fit and if they die they explode in a shower of bones blood and guts.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Zara stares, her mind whirring. That didn't sound right at all...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    K (Arcana): (1d20+23)[32]
    K (History): (1d20+23)[33]
    K (Religion): (1d20+23)[30]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"You are speaking nonsense. Words have meaning, and dragons are dragons, not...whatever you're talking about. Dragons have been as they are since time immemorial, you can't just...invent new meanings for the world to give some new weird creature the mystique and ancestry of the draconic title."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva is both annoyed and frightened about Zara's words.

I'm not making anything up! These are the dragons I knew my whole life! She scrambles to her knees and burries her head into the snow.

Please, believe me. I don't want to deceive you, I want to help you as best I can, but I can't if I'm dead.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"The logic is sound." Parzlaatamuun says, passively, waving a hand towards the murderous Tayci. "And recall what we were told - what we know as dragons are extinct. Perhaps the name has transferred to some lesser creature." He says, and takes a step towards Sverva. "Tell me this then - what legends are there of the ancestors? Who fought, perhaps even greater beasts than the dragons, mighty warriors of supreme might?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There is but one story I heard from long long ago. But it's more of a childrens tale than anything else. She ponders for a moment but still tolds you the story. It's about a small dragon, very little. With her hand she gestures at the height of a human child. Who, of course, got laughed at by the other dragons because he was so small and insignificant. He traveled the land and found several things, the breath of a salamander spirit, the first snowflake that ever fell, long-lost treasure that he could get to because he was so small and nimble, including the still beating heart of an old beast. He devoured it and then became Karkrishkrabonglkarkrushgencli, the biggest and oldest dragon that still rules over this land. The story should spark creativity if you can't solve a problem like everybody else. She then shakes her head.

I don't know anything about older beings or even warriors that fought other beasts then what I see around here.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a snap of his head, Parzlaatamuun looks towards Zara as the fey makes mention of the dragon eating a still-beating heart. "That sounds.... Yes. This is useful information, Sverva. Then Karkrishkrabonglkarkrushgencli will be our target for now. And we will need this... Gangama." he thinks for a moment, a dull green glow suffusing his head. "You know him. How would he react to a... physical demonstration of power, and an offer of an alliance? Can he be swayed by proximity to strength, or will he be foolish and seek to crumple himself against a foe he cannot defeat."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It's clear that the fey thinks a moment till she answers. I'm pretty sure that he would accept if you're ready to humiliate yourself in front of him. Like kneeing before him or something like that. He is to proud to accept working with someone that positions themselves over him. If you're fine with that, I'm pretty sure he would accept working with you.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"And if I were to rip him apart and place whomever would follow me upon the chieftan's stump?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You are serious right? She doesn't even wait for an answer. If you should be able to beat him, I'm sure they would accept you as they're new chieftain.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlaatamuun turns to the others, and tilts his head slightly to them.

"If you have an objection to this course of action, my comrades, speak it now. We shall kill two birds with one stone. Gain access to any knowledge they have about this creature which ate a heart, and gain the loyalty of a strong tribe." he says, crossing his arms in front of him. His tone is careful - diplomatic, and certainly open to the possibility of dissent, but also firm.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tayci smirks at the images her ooze tentacle is animating before her. It describes, in no uncertain manner, the wanton slaughter of a man in power and the conquering of that figure's little world.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"I have no objections. He will make a fine servant, one way or another."

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a curt nod, Parzlaatamuun rises into the air, his wing-spars expanding outward and glowing. "Then we have a course of action. Sverva, despite your earlier mistake, you have given the Lord of Silent Iron useful information. I will spare your life, and what is more... come with us if you wish. I will require an advisor learned in these barbarians ways."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sverva doesn't seem overly happy but still seems to want to go with the group. Sure, I can come with… When will my weakness go away?

However you answer when you soar trough the sky Sverva stays on the ground, but slides over the snow, but don't disturbing it one bit. She is a bit slower than all of you, but not by much.

You are flying/gliding for two whole days till you reach the base of the mountain, with the barbarian encampment before it, It's hard to overlook, with brightly colored tents contrasting the snowy landscape. They're is a massive totem pole depicting several Dragon heads and the highest one seems to be a humanoid dragonlike figure. Several people in wild fur clothes are sprayed around the totem, all of them with several patches of scales on them. They seem to be doing a kind of primitive dance around the structure. Some other People are Standing around the encampment and look at the spectacle. The biggest (and most colorful) tent is near the totem. It's flaps all tightly closed.

Sverva says. they'll going to hunt shortly. The dance is supposed to bring good luck. I'm sure the chieftain will appear before they're done.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The journey is long, but Parzlaatamuun speaks little, and assuming that the fey creature does not need sleep either, simply continues on the path, carving a faint green scar against the sky. At one point, the aurora flicker into life, and for a moment the Anaxim is suffused in the same glowing, charged particles of the sky, filling his body with the energy of the stars.

Parzlaatamuun halts in the sky as they approach the camp, arms crossed as he looks down at the dancing masses. His arms crossed over his chest, the Iron Lord surveys the scene for a few moments before turning his gaze to the other two.

"We kill only on my signal. These mortals may yet be of use to me, if their spirit is strong. For now however..", he looks back down towards the dancers, and lets out a small chuckle. "My Lady Zara? Get their attention."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

With the flick of her wrist, Zara summons forth endless tentacles of utter unbeing in the midst of the dancing savages. The ghastly appendages ganged up on anybody unfortunate enough to be too close and proceeded to start literally squeezing the life out of them. With any luck tomorrow would see many new wights wandering these snowy wastes.

Show
    Kyristan's Malevolent Tentacles (works similar to Evard's with a few differences).

Grapple bonus is +34, and any grappled target takes 1d8+4 damage, and 1 negative level (1d20+26 vs SR, DC 25 Fort save to avoid).

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wait I don't think you should necesarrily... A mass of tentacles burst forth from the totem and grabs several of the dancing barbarians. Some of them are slain instantly while others are trying to get away. The battle-hardened wilds react nearly instantly and try to get towards the tentacles and strike at them impotently. One of them cry's out a weird phrase and the totem begins to glow. The immediate effect is that the tentacles at the bottom of the totem disappear instantly, but the spell doesn't seem to be countered.

Cry's toward the shaman and Gargama get loud but they don't appear immediately.

Spoiler: Barbarian camp 2.0
    Show

Spoiler: Zara
    Show
    The totem seems to emit a weird kind of protective aura, though you can't exactly discern what it does... You're pretty sure it at least helps them to resist your spells a bit better (saving throw bonus, unsure how high) and make them a lot hardier (temp HP bonus, relatively high, in the high two digits.)
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-01-06 at 10:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlatamuun turns towards Lady Zara, his eyes flashing an angry green and a telepathic hiss of annoyance wafts over the drider. "That does not fit within the definition of 'get their attention', Zara. Hnf. You had better not have slaughtered the useful ones." he says to her, before he retracts his wings and descends swiftly towards the ground, landing with a slight bend of the knee and a resounding crash of metal on frozen ground, shards of solid mud flying into the air. He stands, rolls his shoulders back with a metallic clink, and folds his arms across his chest imposingly.

"I AM THE LORD OF SILENT IRON, AND I HAVE COME TO TAKE YOUR ALLEGIANCE, WARRIORS OF THE FROZEN NORTH!" He calls out, voice booming loud enough to make the ground shake slightly, and anyone too close to clutch their ears in not insignificant pain. "CALL UPON YOUR PARASITES, YOUR GODS IF YOU WISH. BRING YOUR CHAMPION FORTH. BY THE END OF THIS DAY, YOU WILL BE MINE, OR YOU WILL BE DEAD!".

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The barbarians are stunned by the appearance of The Lord of Silent Iron, while one struggles out of the tentacles, another one dies in they're grasp.

The appearance of two individuals changes they're attitudes however.

From one tent strides an old and frail man, laddened with furs and holding a staff of bone and adorned with scales that he waves at the tentacles.

Spoiler: OOC Zara
    Show
    Dispel check against the tentacles (1d20+20)[31] If succesfull you get 12 points of damage.

And from the biggest tent strides a positively massive person with a giant flaming axe in his hands that bellows a short command. Kill him!

6 Barbarians open they're mouth to scream but instead of warscreams it seems that a lot of fire, acid, ice and lightning fly's towards Parzlaatamuun.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You can make 6 Reflex saves against 18, for everyone you just didn't do you get a bonus towards your Intimidation check you made earlier.

(6d8)[20] Fire
    (6d8)[22] Ice
    (6d8)[28] Lighting
    (6d8)[34] Fire
    (6d8)[23] Acid
    (6d8)[24] Ice

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"It kills slowly, unless one is particularly frail. If the initial strikes killed them, I can assure you I have only improved upon their usefulness," she replies coolly.

Show
    CL check: (1d20+26)[40]

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You speak truthfully? Parzlaatamuun replies to Zara as he watches the large tribesman emerge from his tent. As the varied energy blasts sweep across the Anaxim, the magical energy fizzling and dying upon his metal skin, he adds Disapointing. though whether this referrs to the blasts or to Zara's revelation about the weakness of the tribesmen is unclear.

The Lord of Silent Iron steps forward through the elemental maelstron and comes out utterly unscathed, body suffused in an eerie green glow. He raises a finger and points it towards the large man who ordered this attack upon his person. "Let us test your strength, fleshling." he says, coldly, and the same green glow suffusing him appears around the target before flashing angry and bright. The man's flesh is assaulted, with only the hardiness of his body to keep his soul intact.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Using my Destruction SLA on this apparent leader.
    DC24 Fort Save or he dies, flesh simply evaporating to leave his clothing and weapons untouched.
    If he succeeds, he takes (10d6)[32] Damage.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tayci flutters silently to the ground amidst the attacking barbarians, a harpoon in hand. She spreads her wings and her arms wide beckoning them to approach. The green goo forms a target on her chest, begging the sweet kisses of their weapons.

Show

Robilar's Gambit, yay! They get +4 to hit my incorporeal self!

And I get AoOs on everyone who attacks me in melee!

I'll just go ahead and make some attack rolls and leave them here, just in case.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show

To Hit (1d20+20)[26]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[39]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[13]
    Fleshgrinding, Evil, Force

To Hit (1d20+20)[38]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[34]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[13]

To Hit (1d20+20)[30]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[25]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[15]

To Hit (1d20+20)[40]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[39]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[16]

To Hit (1d20+20)[40]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[31]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[19]

To Hit (1d20+20)[24]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[27]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[20]

To Hit (1d20+20)[35]
    Lucky reroll (1d20+20)[33]
    To Hurt (1d10+10)[14]

Crits are on 20. Double damage.

Have fun!

Last edited by LairdMaon; 2021-01-19 at 08:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Figuring that a second challenge to Parz's authority in one fight would be too much for his fragile ego to handle, Zara dismisses the spell tying up so many of the pathetic weaklings and flies down and to the side of the conflict. She takes what would normally be an energy draining spell that utterly destroys a person and blasts the magic out, using her hands to shape the charge. The dispersal of the magic over a wide area weakens the result immensely, but it won't kill anybody. She avoids catching this leader in the blast, to avoid having to have another argument.

Show
    Waves Of Exhaustion. 60 ft cone, SR Yes, Save no. They're just exhausted. Prior to that I'm moving so that I can catch as many of them as I can with that, without antagonizing the leader directly.

SR: (1d20+26)[41]

My Homebrew