New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Sermil and the Banter of Randomness: Random Banter #228

Hey everyone. I heard something so funny on Youtube: Nikocado Avocado is pregnant. Peelee I know you told me not to watch him anymore but I couldn't resist. Just how can a man get pregnant?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Trans men can get pregnant, but I suspect that's not what's happening here.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Trans men can get pregnant, but I suspect that's not what's happening here.
    But he's not even a trans man. He's a cis gay man.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    But he's not even a trans man. He's a cis gay man.
    Then he's pretending to be pregnant as clickbait.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Then he's pretending to be pregnant as clickbait.
    I knew it. Then all the comments I'm reading people are really thinking that he's pregnant. It like the Twilight Zone with these comments.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Hey everyone. I heard something so funny on Youtube: Nikocado Avocado is pregnant. Peelee I know you told me not to watch him anymore but I couldn't resist. Just how can a man get pregnant?
    Trans men can get pregnant, and there's theoretical procedures that would allow a cis man to support an embryo (although they're theoretical, would cause damage, and I believe that there's no research being down on them). The two more likely solutions are 1) that he's making a joke*/lying for clickbait, and 2) this is a 'we are pregnant' situation, his partner's pregnant but he's mixing up his word meanings sightly.

In related news, I'm nowhere near having a child. I'll probably get a cat first, they're cute but more independent than sproglings, so taking care of one will be a good learning experience.

* A very bad joke, but I know overweight women who make such jokes (generally qualified to make it clear there's no baby).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

My cousin recently announced the « birth » of his thesis, complete with baby pictures of the printed out thesis inside my cousin’s son’s crib.

It probably was a joke is what I’m saying.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    My cousin recently announced the « birth » of his thesis, complete with baby pictures of the printed out thesis inside my cousin’s son’s crib.

It probably was a joke is what I’m saying.
    Thesis are obviously much more difficult to carry to term, as the labour period lasts years. /s

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Trans men can get pregnant, and there's theoretical procedures that would allow a cis man to support an embryo (although they're theoretical, would cause damage, and I believe that there's no research being down on them). The two more likely solutions are 1) that he's making a joke*/lying for clickbait, and 2) this is a 'we are pregnant' situation, his partner's pregnant but he's mixing up his word meanings sightly.

In related news, I'm nowhere near having a child. I'll probably get a cat first, they're cute but more independent than sproglings, so taking care of one will be a good learning experience.

* A very bad joke, but I know overweight women who make such jokes (generally qualified to make it clear there's no baby).
    Well like I said before Nikocado is a cis gay man.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Well like I said before Nikocado is a cis gay man.
    How do you know his partner is a cis gay man? Not that I care, I was more answering 'how can a man get pregnant'.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

How do you know his partner is a cis gay man? Not that I care, I was more answering 'how can a man get pregnant'.
    He doesn't even have a partner. His so-called new boyfriend is all fake just for a show.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

He doesn't even have a partner. His so-called new boyfriend is all fake just for a show.
    So, apply "that's fake just for show" to other aspects - just as a quick example, the pregnancy. Or probably any aspect of it, really.

Also, I'm not saying you shouldn't watch it. I'm saying that you seem to watch things you do not enjoy watching. If that's what floats your boat, more power to you. No skin off my back. I just don't share that mentality.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So, apply "that's fake just for show" to other aspects - just as a quick example, the pregnancy. Or probably any aspect of it, really.

Also, I'm not saying you shouldn't watch it. I'm saying that you seem to watch things you do not enjoy watching. If that's what floats your boat, more power to you. No skin off my back. I just don't share that mentality.
    I only watch his videos for the drama and his wacky storylines and arcs. It not that I really hate the guy but at the same time I really don't like him either. So therefore I'm very neutral with Nik. I hope that makes sense.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Colossus in the Playground

I only watch his videos for the drama and his wacky storylines and arcs. It not that I really hate the guy but at the same time I really don't like him either. So therefore I'm very neutral with Nik. I hope that makes sense.
    With all due respect it does not.

Peelee might not be telling you not to watch him but I sure am. Watch literally anyone else. Hell, I have videos, go watch me!

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

How should I know? I don't watch him. He could have six boyfriends and a pet elephant for all I know. You seem to be getting annoyed because I know nothing about a person I don't care about. I'm just throwing darts at random, it's not surprising that more of them hit the roast dinner than the dartboard.

On another note, I'd be a terrible vlogger. I'd start my recording for the day, spend two sentences on topic and then forget what I'm doing and spend the next three hours cooking a pie or something, before returning and picking up where I left off on tomorrow's topic.

Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    With all due respect it does not.

Peelee might not be telling you not to watch him but I sure am. Watch literally anyone else. Hell, I have videos, go watch me!
    Oh really? What's your Youtube channel? I'm very interested to watch you Zodi.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How should I know? I don't watch him. He could have six boyfriends and a pet elephant for all I know. You seem to be getting annoyed because I know nothing about a person I don't care about. I'm just throwing darts at random, it's not surprising that more of them hit the roast dinner than the dartboard.

On another note, I'd be a terrible vlogger. I'd start my recording for the day, spend two sentences on topic and then forget what I'm doing and spend the next three hours cooking a pie or something, before returning and picking up where I left off on tomorrow's topic.
    Sounds great. Just video tape the part where you cook the pie as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

On another note, I'd be a terrible blogger. I'd start my recording for the day, spend two sentences on topic and then forget what I'm doing and spend the next three hours cooking a pie or something before returning and picking up where I left off on tomorrow's topic.
    Maybe a little annoyed. Anyway, I feel like my weight loss journey has been completed.

19. - Top - End - #979

Reminds me of when I was trying to watch TFS's darksouls 3 streams.

When they play a Soulsborne type game, they drink every time they die or kill a boss. They skipped a week and when asked Lani said if they'd done it it would have just been him alone. The stream would have been an hour or two of playing the same and then eight hours of him passed out drunk on the couch.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe a little annoyed. Anyway, I feel like my weight loss journey has been completed.
    Now comes the hard part: Maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Now comes the hard part: Maintenance.
    Explain more, please.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Explain more, please.
    The hard part is not regaining the weight lost, I would wager.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Sounds great. Just video tape the part where you cook the pie as well.
    Heh, honestly if I was going to start uploading videos to the internets it would be a mixture of cooking (although mainly not baking) and random ramblings on assorted, normally tabletop game based, subjects. YouTube would hate me.

But alas I don't have anything resembling even a half decent camcorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Reminds me of when I was trying to watch TFS's darksouls 3 streams.

When they play a Soulsborne type game, they drink every time they die or kill a boss. They skipped a week and when asked Lani said if they'd done it it would have just been him alone. The stream would have been an hour or two of playing the same and then eight hours of him passed out drunk on the couch.
    First off, urgh, I've had bad experiences with alcoholics using me as an enabler, including having a request for no more alcohol being outright ignored (I've basically gone teetotaller to helpget the point across now). I'm also not fond of drinking games and don't find drunk antics funny in the slightest.

Apart from that, yeah sounds fun, and sounds like a good reason to miss a week. Everybody should know their strengths and weaknesses and realise when the latter will push them outside of their boundaries.

Now I just have to rediscover what trousers are.

Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'd watch that tbh.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The hard part is not regaining the weight lost, I would wager.
    That's easy for me. If I could lose weight that I can manage to keep the weight.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh really? What's your Youtube channel? I'm very interested to watch you Zodi.
    Oh, oh, I know this one! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeF...XKptKqDOtjK3bg

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    I subscribed to her Youtube channel.

28. - Top - End - #988

Is it weird that I take personality tests in character as character's I've created?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

To be quite frank, BartmanHomer, nobody is really going to listen or meaningfully respond about the antics of whatever Youtubers have piqued your irritation at any given time. Nobody really cares about them, or wants to bother to learn about them, because they just find that sort of stuff tiresome, tedious, and/or annoying.

So, as with every other time you've complained, you're really not going to have a receptive audience complaining about anything about them, because the almost universal response is going to be "...then don't watch them. I have no desire to dedicate any brainspace to whomever they are."
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-08-27 at 06:20 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Is it weird that I take personality tests in character as character's I've created?
    Not only is that NOT weird, it's a wonderful tool for character development. I do it all the time!

I know too many things about some of my characters as a result but I definitely do know them, and that matters!