New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Portal to D&D IC - Evoker #2

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Alexander Potter has always enjoyed seeking out the rumors of glitches and not-quite patched exploits. When you're porting a game as complex as D&D, you bring along a lot of baggage, and sometimes, to extend a metaphor, that baggage is full of gold just waiting to be uncovered. He's been banned a couple times, having his character reset and even having to buy a new account once or twice, but the thrill of doing something the game really wasn't meant to do was worth it. If it was rapidly searching boss chests to reload the loot, or stacking containers within containers until he got what was effectively a bag of holding, these exploits were his life within the game. He played the game quite a bit, of course, but never to appreciate the beauty, or the challenge. After using a pile of buckets and a dragon to clip himself through the wall of the Dungeon of Red Skies, he found himself in a strange void (expected), unable to use his teleport to return to town (less expected) and a strange bit of text floating in front of him (thoroughly unexpected).

Then the whole game changed. He might be in trouble. If there are any glitches here, it's gonna take a while to find them. He feels like he has a bit of an edge, however. He remembers reading an few blog posts by a fired game developer before legal again had them taken down. They were just rants about the game having more than anyone knows and some sketchy details about a novel character creation system. There was a whole conspiracy theory out there with embellished stories, but he'd seen the original posts. They had almost no real content beyond insane ravings from a disgruntled former employee, until those ravings suddenly made perfect sense.

You attempt to access the town teleport, but nothing happens. You motion to pull open the menu to log out, but you find yourself unable to open any menus.

Suddenly a popup message fills your vision.

Code:
    Ş̸̧̟͕̙̪̋͌̎̒̽͛̏̏̐͜͝ý̸̩̼̫͚͕̺̱̫̽̓̈́̄͌̒̄͗́s̸̡̡̺̜̜̬̺̟̞̀̄̀̈́̄̎̓̚͝ṱ̸̨͑̃e̸͙̹͗̊ͅm̷̻̭̱̲̣̮̾́̊̍̽̂͝ ̶̧̢̩̲̙̣̳̩͓̞̎Ë̷͈̩̥͍̮͔́̈̑̓̒̑̚͘͝ͅr̵̨̖̖͇̤̘͖͉̘͒̌ͅr̶̛̻̘̩̀͂ǒ̴̡̩̫͚͚̝͉̭͆̂̚r̸̨͕͙̘̜͊͑̇͐̃͠

It blinks out and returns again.

Ş̸̧̟͕̙̪̋͌̎̒̽͛̏̏̐͜͝ý̸̩̼̫͚͕̺̱̫̽̓̈́̄͌̒̄͗́s̸̀̄̀̈́̄̎̓̚͝ ̡̡̺̜̜̬̺̟̞ṱ̸̨͑̃e̸͙̹͗̊ͅm̷̻̭̱̲̣̮̾́̊̍̽̂͝ ̶̧̢̩̲̙̣̳̩͓̞̎Ë̷͈̩̥͍̮͔́̈̑̓̒̑̚͘͝ͅr̵̨̖̖͇̤̘͖͉̘͒̌ͅr̶̛̻̀͂ ̘̩ǒ̴̡̩̫͚͚̝͉̭͆̂̚r̸̨͕͙̘̜͊͑̇͐̃͠

That disappears and then once more, a popup fills your vision.

Welcome, Player!
    You are being offered the chance to remake yourself anew!
    Do you accept this offer?
    | Yes | No |
    Spoiler: If Yes
    Show
    The popup closes, a second taking its place.

Warning!
    This action will delete your current character, forcing you to restart at level 1.
    Do you wish to continue?
    | Yes | No |
    Spoiler: If Yes
    Show
    The popup closes, as a third popup appears.

Final Warning!
    Note that this action cannot be reversed.
    Are you ready to leave your life behind and enter a new realm?
    | Yes | No |

Spoiler: If you select "No" at any point
    Show
    System Message
    Your account has been banned.
    Reason: Hacking.
    What? Glitches aren't hacking!

Attempting to log back in, create a new account, or even use another player's account reveals that your unique brainwave pattern has been identified and used as an identifier to ensure you never access the system again. It seems that they've greatly improved their user tracking technology, and they're not even letting you appeal your ban.

Fortunately, you can still play that browser-based Freemium "MMO" based on D&D 4th edition with gacha game mechanics...

Game Over
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Evoker #2

Huh. Sure.

Level 1? That won't be too bad, there's a few fast xp exploits I've been wanting to try out.

Sure, whatever. This account is probably gonna be reset sooner or later anyway.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Pain courses through your entire body, pain which should be blocked or at least reduced by the game's pain filters. You found a glitch that let you disable them completely, after all.

The taste of rainbows fills your ears as the sensation of being turned inside out and sucked through your toes overwhelms your senses, causing you to black out.

You awake an unknown period of time later and find yourself numb, completely unable to feel your body. Your ears hear nothing, and only a black emptiness meets you as you try to open your eyes.

Just as panic begins to set in, a popup appears. You feel relief at knowing that you're still in the game. You attempt to open a menu to determine your status, but nothing happens. The popup vibrates at you, as if somehow angered that you're ignoring it.

Welcome to your New Life+
    Click below to begin character creation.
    | Below |
    You find yourself unable to do anything but interact with the popup mentally, just as you would with any popup in the game.

Spoiler: After clicking the button...
    Show
    After clicking the button, a series of numbers, symbols, and random words fly across your vision faster than you can read. You feel an almost intrusive sensation in your mind, as if someone or something is peering deep within.

Suddenly, a visual representation of dice scatter across your screen. The final result of each becoming large enough to fill your vision for a brief second.
    (4d100)[74][3][99][64](240)

[rollv]4d20r[/roll]
    [19, 17, 6, 3]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-16 at 03:23 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations!
    You have received one [1] Greater B error Epic Boon.
    You have received two [2] Moderate Boons.

Please choose your race.
    A representation of the major races appears standing nude in front of you. Or rather, you see yourself in front of you, slightly altered to appear as each of the major races. A hazy line of individuals stretching off into the distance, which you intuit to be subraces that would be available for selection after making your choices.

Your available choices are

Human __ Dwarf __ Elf __ Lizardfolk __ Orc __ Cursedborn __ Halfbreed

There is a pair of buttons hovering in front of each which reads

Select Race Information

Almost obscured near what you would expect to be the floor, if such a thing existed, are two nearly invisible buttons which read

Apply Epic Boon to Race
    Apply Moderate Boon to Race

There is no further information about the two buttons, nor do you notice any button related to the Least Perk.

Before you click anything, you feel a foreboding sensation that any and all choices you make at this time will be permanent.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

5. - Top - End - #5

WhiteWizardGirl

Hmm. I've heard of some of these, but i'm not sure about others.

I'll select Information for Lizardfolk and Halfbreed.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk
    Lizardfolk are said to be descended from dragons who mated with primordial reptilians. Although mere mythology, they take pride in their heritage. They are an industrious people known for building massive cities in the jungles and plains of their homelands and for having a fiery temper that often leads to war.

Halfbreed
    Halfbreeds are born from a union of two of the common races and often have the strengths of both parents but also their weaknesses. The parent races are assigned at random.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

7. - Top - End - #7

WhiteWizardGirl

Hmm. I heard there's supposed to be something more interesting race-wise going on. Maybe if I...

I reach for the apply moderate boon button, but hesitate... before selecting the Apply Epic Boon button, with a degree of trepidation.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

You feel a deep sense of loss as your Epic Boon is consumed, forever gone.

The race representations in front of you change drastically and have new names appear along with them.

Ancient Human __ Azer __ Half-fey __ Saurian __ Sharakim __ Halfbreed

There is a pair of buttons hovering in front of each which reads

Select Race Information

No boon button is visible.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-16 at 09:07 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #9

WhiteWizardGirl

I'll get information for every new race.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Okay, not really
    Show
    Ancient Human
    This human is really old..

Azer
    It's like a frikkin lazer but without the L.

Half-Fey
    The other half is missing.

Saurian
    Not the mama!

Sharakim
    The star of that new reality show.

Halfbreed
    Mudblood. A highly derogatory term for a Muggle-born or half-blood wizard or witch; that is, individuals with no wizarding relatives

Ancient Human
    Humans are the most common race through most of the realm. They are far more adaptable than any other; however, they tend to have poor relations with the non-human races.

High Human is a Tier 2 race. You are everything that a human is, but more. Your adaptability and potential for growth is greatly improved.

Ancient Human is a Tier 3 race. You are human perfectly formed from the beginning. Generations of genetic drift, crossbreeding, and general decay do not affect you.

Azer (Dwarf)
    Dwarves are industrious craftsmen who typically live deep underground. They have a warrior heritage that honors fallen heroes of old in a form of ancestor worship. Dwarves have a high resistance to magic of all types, which unfortunately makes it difficult for them to use most magic themselves.

Azerblood Dwarf is a Tier 2 race. Azerbloods have an outsider within their bloodline which grants them many benefits, most of which are related to crafting.

Azer is a Tier 3 race. You are an outsider distantly related to dwarves. You share many of the same traits and passions, but you have abilities unique to your race that most dwarves can only dream of.

Half-Fey
    Elves are the longest lived mortal race in the realm. They have a trace of fey blood in their veins, which leads them to be chaotic and haughty. All elves must select a subrace. While elves tend to get along well with members of other humanoid races, they are almost always hostile towards other elven subraces.

Feytouched is a Tier 2 race. Elves who have manifested aspects of the fey seen only once in a generation are known as feytouched. Your fey attributes are more powerful than normal, and you are treated as a fey for most purposes.

Half-Fey is a Tier 3 race. One of your parents was of the fey courts. Your innate magics are beyond the ken that of any mere mortal, but your fey nature affects you more than you might expect.

Saurian
    Lizardfolk are said to be descended from dragons who mated with primordial reptilians. Although mere mythology, they take pride in their heritage. They are an industrious people known for building massive cities in the jungles and plains of their homelands and for having a fiery temper that often leads to war.

Scaled One is a Tier 2 race. Lizardfolk arose through an interbreeding of the amphibious Scaled Ones and the Dragons. Your Scaled One heritage runs strongly in your veins, giving you many traits of amphibians, including the ability to eventually metamorphose into a greater form.

Saurian is a Tier 3 race. You have very little draconic influence in your blood and display strong traited of your Scaled One ancestors. You have the greatest potential for metamorphosis among Lizardfolk.

Sharakim
    Orcs are thought to be brutish thugs, but that's because most orcs encountered by other races were driven from their homes for that very behavior. Orcs have less developed industry than most other races, as they tend to prefer to honor the old ways and live as one with the land.

Trueblood Orc is a Tier 2 race. The trueblood orcs are greater than their kin, in that their blood runs with the true power of nature. Each trueblood orc has a powerful natural affinity for a particular element of nature.

Sharakim is a Tier 3 race. Truly in tune with nature and the ancient past, you have heightened strength and intellect.

Halfbreed
    Halfbreeds are born from a union of two of the common races and often have the strengths of both parents but also their weaknesses. The parent races are assigned at random.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-16 at 10:25 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

11. - Top - End - #11

WhiteWizardGirl

(Point fully taken. )

Well. I haven't heard of any of these races. Except Azer, and I doubt that's going to be a one to one translation.

I'll select the information button for each of the new races that appeared, trying to determine what one would be the most ripe for abuse.

12. - Top - End - #12

WhiteWizardGirl

Hmm. Hard to decide. Better human could be just... generally good. But Saurian is really tempting. Metamorphosis sounds intriguing.

Well, all human is gonna give me is probably stat points and feats, and that ground has been tread before. But Saurian is new, and I'm a sucker for new things.

Select Race: Saurian.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The other figures disappear from your sight, and you find yourself able to customize the appearance of the Saurian Lizardfolk to you liking, including changing the sex. However, your physical build remains sleek, with scales so fine the skin is almost smooth, much like a salamander or a newt. You are unable to build into the hulking brutish forms of common lizardfolk or the toned musculature of the dragonkin.

When you're finished, your point of view shifts instantly, and you find yourself in the character you just shaped. You once again have feeling, the numbness gone. However, you still feel weightless in the black nothingness around you.

An extremely sparse character sheet appears in your vision. (Link sent to you via discord)

You find yourself able to fill in a few minor blanks. You also have 1 point to spend on your ability scores, increasing any chosen score by 1.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-17 at 01:06 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

14. - Top - End - #14

WhiteWizardGirl

Agh. My stats are so low. Uh... Con, I guess.
    I distribute the stat point to Constitution, then quickly select an appearance.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

You gain 8 Adaptation Points. Your available Adaptations are on your character sheet. You are vaguely aware that you can assign more than one point per adaptation, but higher "Stages" of adaptations cost an increased number of points per level.

Apply Moderate Boon to Adaptations
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-17 at 12:28 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

16. - Top - End - #16

WhiteWizardGirl

Interesting... I think I need more rein to play with these "adaptations"

Apply Moderate Boon to Adaptations.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

You gain 3 additional Adaptation Points.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

18. - Top - End - #18

WhiteWizardGirl

Alright. I have to assume that these Basic adaptations will increase my base stats... so one point into Resilient form should hopefully take my Con to non-negative, and three ranks of Instinct should give me an 11 wis to qualify for wis-based spellcasting classes.

Now then. Let's try one point each in Deadly, Durable, Flexible, and Tough, to start a good baseline for establishing the function of these "innate adaptations".

Seems good.

Confirm selection
    Last edited by Evoker; 2020-07-17 at 12:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Evoker View Post
    Alright. I have to assume that these Basic adaptations will increase my base stats... so one point into Resilient form should hopefully take my Con to non-negative, and three ranks of Instinct should give me an 11 wis to qualify for wis-based spellcasting classes.

Now then. Let's try one point each in Deadly, Durable, Flexible, and Tough, to start a good baseline for establishing the function of these "innate adaptations".

Seems good.

Confirm selection
    You realize that you didn't check the math closely enough, so you have far more Wisdom than you anticipated.

The Innate Adaptations don't seem to do anything at the moment, likely because the majority of your character sheet is still hidden from view.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-17 at 12:53 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

20. - Top - End - #20

WhiteWizardGirl

Oh wow. I hope I get more of those points in the future, they are nice. Lots more stat points than I anticipated.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Your vision blurs again as you are given a choice of classes, basic gear sets appearing before you, representing each class option.

Ardent __ Monk __ Mystic __ Paragon
    Ranger __ Swordsage __ Totemist

Select Class Information

Apply Moderate Boon to Class
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-17 at 01:01 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

22. - Top - End - #22

WhiteWizardGirl

Huh. Paragon... Like the racial paragon classes from Unearthed Arcana?

I'll select Information for Paragon.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Paragon
    You are a paragon of your race.
    This class enhances your existing racial traits.
    Paragon is available only to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Races.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

24. - Top - End - #24

WhiteWizardGirl

Well... That's really tempting. I'm not going to be able to leverage my Wisdom just yet, but... really tempting. Hmm. Hopefully, If I take a level or two of that, I can move into Swordsage to leverage my wisdom modifier.

I don't think I want more skill points, or whatever enhanced feats do, so...

Apply Moderate Boon to Class.
    Last edited by Evoker; 2020-07-17 at 01:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Your vision blurs again as you are given a choice of classes, basic gear sets appearing before you, representing each class option.

Disciplined Ardent __ Monk+ __ Mystic+ __ Paragon+
    Mystic Ranger __ Swordsage+ __ Totemist+

Select Class Information
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

26. - Top - End - #26

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, nothing immediately more interesting than "more better adaptations" here

Select Class: Paragon+

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

You make your class selection, and your character sheet begins to fill out. As it does, you body begins to shift and warp, and you receive a series of popups.

Adaptation in Flux: Deadly
    Choose a natural weapon location:
    • Head
    • Limbs
    • Tail

Adaptation in Flux: Durable
    Your scales have thickened slightly. Increased Natural Armor.

Adaptation in Flux: Tough
    Your flesh has become more resilient to injury. Increased Hit Points.

You also gain 2 Adaptation Points from your Paragon class.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #28

WhiteWizardGirl

Let's say... Head for the natural weapon. And I got some adaptation points, but I can't seem to spend them. Hopefully the game lets me spend those soon.
    Last edited by Evoker; 2020-07-17 at 02:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Adaptation in Flux: Deadly
    Location selected: Head
    (1d6)[3]

Your skull thickens and your scales peel back from it, leaving a thick, exposed dome. Small bone nodules emerge where your skin meets the dome, forming a ring around the edges. The muscles in your neck thicken, and the vertebrae shift to better absorb impacts.

You have gained a Head Butt as a secondary natural attack.

Your sheet adjusts to include this information, and your Adaptations are unlocked.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-07-17 at 02:37 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #30

WhiteWizardGirl

Strength and Dex for those two adaptations, no questions.