New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin pixel art webcomic puffycharms

Puffycharms is a comedy/slice of life webcomic about a clingy couple, and their adventures living together. The art style's completely pixel art, and the comic currently has 100+ comic pages.

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.

puffycharms

latest comic

Also hope everyone is having an awesome day! :)
    Last edited by clingydreamers; 2020-07-25 at 01:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: pixel art webcomic puffycharms

I gave it a look, but found it very offputing. Every comic is six panels, but two of those six panels are the same for every comic. And it leans a little too heavily on exaggerated expressions and responses.

Oh well, it was worth a look anyhow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you checking out my webcomic. :) The first panel is the title card, and last panel is my social media information.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Did I mention that puffycharms has it's own comic dub? : D New episodes are published every friday. Hope you like this one as much as I liked making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph9_nuH-lbM

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Just posted a little comic all about card games.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...episode_no=147

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotta say I feel similar. It's a gag-a-day comic and with a browse through a couple dozen or so, none of the jokes landed for me. The gags felt really... simple. Like, an attempt at observational humor, but without the necessary wit to make it new, surprising, and funny. It also feels a bit overly sweet, though I'm not sure why. The pastel colors is part of it, but I think there's more.

Also agree with the header and footer panel problem. They take up a lot of vertical space and create extra scrolling for the reader, which is kinda annoying. A four panel row instead of a column would work better, or even a 2x2 square. The title card would work better as a static banner at the top of the page, and the social media and schedule could be a footer. They are important, but they just take up way too much space and take away from the actual comic.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, actually I do have a 2x2 version on my instagram @clingydreamers . Puffycharms is based off of my real life so it’s more of a relationship slice of life webcomic then a gag a day comic. :)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have a different problem: I got asked to insert my date of birth when I opened one of the pages. No webcomic ever did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm... Not sure why that happened. Maybe it's something webtoon started asking. Although I do make NSFW webcomics from time to time.

Also I've been posting previews to the comics before they're released, but lately I've been making them into memes.

Here's one for tomorrow's comic.

perfume meme

New puffycharms comic is here, and it's basically me when I go to the mall.

puffycharms perfume comic

Time to watch horror movies in tomorrow's comic. O_O

Last edited by Peelee; 2020-07-22 at 01:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I'm kind of agreeing with the others, it's not really my cup of tea either. I also find it a bit hard to see/keep track of what's going on. Somehow, despite these being four panel comics featuring giant color coded marshmallows, I keep asking myself "wait, is this the woman? And is that her guy, or like a visitor? The one on the first page, was that her guy too or their kid? O wait, this is supposes to be the punchline, so why is she upset? Cats are allowed to run around and come back later right?" I think I just don't relate to the comic enough, too different a mindset.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, I can explain. This is a slice of life relationship webcomic about a clingy couple. The boyfriend's name is marsh, and the girlfriend's mallo. There's not really an order to read these comics. Think of it like as a 4koma with a silly couple as the lead characters. :)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Your art style reminds me of The Amazing World of Gumball. I love that you went with pixel art too.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

I’m so glad you like your my work. 😁 I think that is one of the first things people noticed about this comic. At first I wasn’t sure why the amazing world of gumball looks so similar until I went back to watch the show again. And I had a “Ah HA! I get it now.“ Moment. 😆