New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Any chance of a reprint for Good Deeds Gone Unpunished?

I've been looking around for somewhere to get a physical copy of Good Deeds Gone Unpunished for a bit and have so far come up short. Is there any chance of a new printing run, or was this intended to be a single-print?

Assuming that the latter is not the case, I do understand that you'd need a good number of orders to make it worth printing more. Maybe a poll could go up with a news post asking for interest in a reprint and see if that meets the bar? If you know the breakpoints for how many copies are needed to make it cost x dollars, even better, as I would be willing to pay a bit higher than the original cost if it ends up that way.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Any chance of a reprint for Good Deeds Gone Unpunished?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarda View Post
    Assuming that the latter is not the case, I do understand that you'd need a good number of orders to make it worth printing more. Maybe a poll could go up with a news post asking for interest in a reprint and see if that meets the bar?
    Or Rich could start a Kickstarter to finance the reprint of the book... like a reprint drive or something. Those things never have any unintended consequences, I've been told.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The entire point of doing a poll vs putting up a kickstarter would be so that he's /not/ on the hook for doing anything other than putting through an order for X reprints of the one book.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

It seems to be available for pre-order at Amazon UK... not sure if this is a scam as I'm guessing they won't be able to get copies unless Rich decides to print another batch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Order-Stick.../dp/0976658097

You could get the PDF version and print it at a local printer / copy shop. As long as you don't sell any copies you shouldn't have any copyright issues.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarda View Post
    The entire point of doing a poll vs putting up a kickstarter would be so that he's /not/ on the hook for doing anything other than putting through an order for X reprints of the one book.
    Technically, that's the same case for a kickstarter; you put up a stated objective, if the funds are not raised for that objective then nobody pays anything, if the funds are met then that objective is completed. It's the stretch goals that people add in during the process that adds in more obligation, and that is entirely optional and voluntary - one could do the exact same thing with a poll, and just adding in more and more stuff into the question if they so wished.

And now that the thought exercise about that is over, ain't gonna happen IMO; it's on PDF, there's almost certainly not going to be enough demand for a second printing (or at least not for a good long time), so why worry about it, is how I imagine his thought process would be over this.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-07-27 at 09:26 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

I'd vote for a new run. I have all the rest in book form (somehow missed this one) and the hole in sequence is wrecking my OCD. 😄
    The whole world is three drinks behind. If everybody in the world would take three drinks, we would have no trouble. - Humphrey Bogart

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: There'll need to be a reprint of this thread for it to continue, since this one is dead.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2