New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Help with errata AND drow poison knockout.

Are there any rules in 4E that allow a character affected by a (end of the encounter) effect - in this case drow poison - to end the effect prematurely?

1 Comment

TOP COMMENTS

Lucentile

Jun 20, 2020
    Check the Errata and see if that effects the poison in question (.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateCompiled.pdf) has a few things (like Night Hag and an Oni) where they forgot to add "Save Ends" to an Unconscious effect added back in. If the Drow Poison in question does not have a Save Ends and isn't covered by the errata, I'd assume it was an oversight and it should have had a Save Ends condition.

I copy this messege from another topic, but i didn't find the answer. The Dm thinks that the poder Is right but i see it a little OP. If rolling we could harvest that poison we could broke the campaing. Help please!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Help with errata AND drow poison knockout.

It doesn't look like an oversight to me. The Drow Poison showed up with the "until end of encounter" effect as late as Dungeon 200 (March 2012). The errata came out August 2012, so not even that far apart. It might be that WotC wanted to keep that as an iconic Drow thing.

But that doesn't mean you have to run it that way. An easy compromise might be that you can still be granted saves against the condition, but you don't get any at the end of your turn.

I didn't find any way to end a non-save ends effect.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    I didn't find any way to end a non-save ends effect.
    There are a decent few, mostly in items. For instance, Scale of the Serpent armor or Supporting armor can end a daze or stun and doesn't specify that it needs to be a save-ends effect. Quite a few items do specify, so IME gamemasters tend to rule that any effect of the appropriate type can be ended regardless of save-ends-ness.

I'm not familiar with an item that does the same against poisons, but there might be something that works against any effect ...
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hi, so this power isn't op and Is a iconic drow poison. We tried to play the campaing with the rules raw. Thanks for the replys. Im going to tell muy Dm. Greetings from argentina.