New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    In term of diamond spending stuff you need only one enchanting table outside of diamond gear for all your fighting needs.
    Ahh, but I have more than fighting needs. I want a massive pile to build a beacon or a palace out of.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Please, do tell.

When it comes to villagers and diamonds, I’m only aware of getting diamond gear, which can’t be converted into diamonds.
    I hate to disappoint, but diamond gear was what I was referring to, in bulk quantities (I'm still leveling up my villagers, but I've already got nearly a shulker boxes' worth of diamond hoes from the toolsmiths).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I hate to disappoint, but diamond gear was what I was referring to, in bulk quantities (I'm still leveling up my villagers, but I've already got nearly a shulker boxes' worth of diamond hoes from the toolsmiths).
    Sounds good! Not disappointing.

I have a similar thing going. Saves a *ton* of diamonds. In particular, I play on a server with my wife and kids. We recently barely killed the wither, lost all our junk. It fell on me to make all our gear. 4 of everything, except 8 chests and pants (1 with Protection IV and one with Fire Protection IV).
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Sounds good! Not disappointing.

I have a similar thing going. Saves a *ton* of diamonds. In particular, I play on a server with my wife and kids. We recently barely killed the wither, lost all our junk. It fell on me to make all our gear. 4 of everything, except 8 chests and pants (1 with Protection IV and one with Fire Protection IV).
    If you need an easy way to kill the wither, you can spawn it on an obsidian platform underneath the bedrock exit portal in the end. It traps the wither and basically gives you a free kill.

On an entirely different note, I am currently working on yet another farm. To give you a hint as to what I'm building, thus far, the portion I've constructed has required 11 observers, 11 droppers, 11 dispensers, 11 comparators, 22 hoppers, 44 repeaters, and 165 redstone dust.

If you guessed that I've built the bone meal dispensing system for a flower farm, then you're as crazy as I am (and also correct).
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2020-11-20 at 08:12 AM.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

5. - Top - End - #65

If you need an easy way to kill the wither, you can spawn it on an obsidian platform underneath the bedrock exit portal in the end. It traps the wither and basically gives you a free kill.

On an entirely different note, I am currently working on yet another farm. To give you a hint as to what I'm building, thus far, the portion I've constructed has required 11 observers, 11 droppers, 11 dispensers, 11 comparators, 22 hoppers, 44 repeaters, and 165 redstone dust.

If you guessed that I've built the bone meal dispensing system for a flower farm, then you're as crazy as I am (and also correct).
    Thanks for the pointer!

Last time we faced it in a cave. Didn’t want it to fly away. Big mistake. Next time, going to dig out a 20x20 area or so down to bedrock.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

So, I recently made a server for the latest DW20 pack.

I want to do Let's Plays on it, but I don't want to do them alone. My local friend's computer has issues running Minecraft properly, so was wondering if any Playgrounders wanted in on some LP action.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

What time? I don't know how much free time I'll have, but I've been wanting to do some minecraft again.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    What time? I don't know how much free time I'll have, but I've been wanting to do some minecraft again.
    Mondays for sure.

Other days depending on schedule. You got a Discord?

I’m at work right now, but we can talk more in private :)

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #69

First episode of DW20 Redux is live!

I've got the first ten recorded already, but I didn't want to upload more than one a day.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished making a villager farm and subsequent iron golem farm, both confirmed working on my modded world. first time trying since 1.14, so definitely some new stuff to learn. thank you YouTube!

I can now start setting up a Trading House for stuff like enchanted books and emeralds.

11. - Top - End - #71

Started a new server.

Got my trading hall set up. Whole buncha villagers with their professions locked in, 15 blocks from a central zombie villager to be healed.

What this did previously... gave all of the outer ones a mega discount. Like give 1 coal get 1 emerald kinda discount. Consistently worked, all of them.

Now instead of the default 16 coal or whatever, it's 15.

Friggin' updates.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh, it's pretty much a non-issue in my opinion. In the community servers I played on once a trading hall was set up emeralds became a non-issue. Chests full of them, people decorating with emerald blocks, etc, just because it was so easy to get them from. With so many infinite resources that can be traded for them.
    You can also get a discount if you save the village from a pillager raid, I think it's the same discount, not sure if they stack.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Meh, it's pretty much a non-issue in my opinion. In the community servers I played on once a trading hall was set up emeralds became a non-issue. Chests full of them, people decorating with emerald blocks, etc, just because it was so easy to get them from. With so many infinite resources that can be traded for them.
    You can also get a discount if you save the village from a pillager raid, I think it's the same discount, not sure if they stack.
    You know man, I'm inclined to agree.

Initially I was all bummed out, I was wanting to sprint to the finish, get some good gear for cheap, then proceed with the other typical MC stuff, like clearing out a spooky mansion, underwater temple, nether, etc.

But now, with the purify-LoS-mega-discount thing not working, I had to way slow down what I was doing. But it's also forcing me to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of roses, because apparently I felt I didn't have enough stress in my life, I've decided to build a wither rose farm. For those uninitiated, this requires capturing and effectively taming a Wither.

My Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of roses, because apparently I felt I didn't have enough stress in my life, I've decided to build a wither rose farm. For those uninitiated, this requires capturing and effectively taming a Wither.
    Vanilla or modded? Because if modded, it gets to be... pretty trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Vanilla or modded? Because if modded, it gets to be... pretty trivial.
    Everything I do is almost entirely vanilla. The only mod I use is Optifine, mostly for the zoom and the ability to turn off the nether fog.

My Homebrew

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Hmmmm maybe I should ask elsewhere, but I discovered a problem/am looking for advice.

Is there (in the latest bedrock version) something which can keep a villager from giving the major positive gossip discount? I purified the same villager 3 times, gave it a profession, 0 discount. Twice. Had access to bed and profession block.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Swimming through the bug tracker, there's a recent one saying that if there are any nearby villagers or zombie villagers, you don't get the discount. There's not much information given, so take it with a bit of salt as it might be a mistaken entry, but it sounds possible you might be running into that.

Edit: Wait, reading through the Minecraft Wiki, the gossip system is only in Java Edition. Are you mixing up mechanics?
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2021-01-22 at 03:48 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Swimming through the bug tracker, there's a recent one saying that if there are any nearby villagers or zombie villagers, you don't get the discount. There's not much information given, so take it with a bit of salt as it might be a mistaken entry, but it sounds possible you might be running into that.

Edit: Wait, reading through the Minecraft Wiki, the gossip system is only in Java Edition. Are you mixing up mechanics?
    Thanks!

I thought as of 1.16.100 or something bedrock mirrored Java in that regard.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #80

Have been playing ye old Crash Landing pack sporadically over the past year, i had a look see at the newer stuff to the live game but these days i need certain mods to consider playing again (Tinkers Construct among several others) and i don't believe they are current with whatever the nominal mod version is at.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Tinker construct adds a lot of variety in the tools but what I do not really like is that tinker tools are significantly stronger than normal tools and that the equivalent of enchanting tinker tools costs only resources many of them being common (looking at you quartz for sharpness and redstone for efficiency)
    I think a variant of tinker construct that replaces modifying with allowing to enchant the tools and have significantly lower stats on the tools and have level costs on repairing enchanted tools would be way better balanced relatively to vanilla(No longer going around with a 11 dmg super fast hitting rapier you can repair to full with one ingot of manylunium or with a long sword that literally kills in one hit normal monsters and allows long range jumps).
    Last edited by noob; 2021-01-27 at 06:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

So what you're saying, is you want to remove all the reasons we want the mod?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    So what you're saying, is you want to remove all the reasons we want the mod?
    No you would still be able to customise the tool by picking the materials you want for the varied parts(Just remove the modifying mechanic that is just "enchanting but easier").
    And you could still have the more varied tools(like a fast hitting lower damage sword).
    If what you wanted from TC was "get the enchantments you want" then you might as well have played with the mod that allows to pick the enchantments you want when enchanting and there is a lot of mods that adds tools purely better than vanilla ones just for increasing power so those reasons to play TC are not reasons fundamental to TC.
    Also I really like the crafting table which does not drops its contents(although there is other mods for that but they usually adds tons of other automation).
    Last edited by noob; 2021-01-27 at 08:52 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    No you would still be able to customise the tool by picking the materials you want for the varied parts(Just remove the modifying mechanic that is just "enchanting but easier").
    And you could still have the more varied tools(like a fast hitting lower damage sword).
    If what you wanted from TC was "get the enchantments you want" then you might as well have played with the mod that allows to pick the enchantments you want when enchanting and there is a lot of mods that adds tools purely better than vanilla ones just for increasing power so those reasons to play TC are not reasons fundamental to TC.
    Also I really like the crafting table which does not drops its contents(although there is other mods for that but they usually adds tons of other automation).
    I think you're looking for Tetra. Similar to Tinker's, but with Enchants instead of material upgrades. (Well, in addition to-but material upgrades are much more limited than Tinker's.)

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I like that Tinker's lets me make ludicrously overpowered stuff and then enchant it but not to make it even moreso. Machine gun crossbows with regenerating ammo are where it's at.

Oh, and the lumber axe and hammer. Those are a must.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2021-01-27 at 01:16 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Crash Landing's a 1.6 pack, right? Tinker's Construct got a noticeable overhaul in 1.8 and onwards (Looks like the most recent version is for Minecraft 1.12). A Tinker's Construct weapon or tool that's well-made will still last you the whole game and then some, but they lost a lot of the overkill without installing additional mods on top of it. There's a lot more focus on the properties of your Tool Materials than what you get from modifiers, and you don't get Extra Modifiers from expensive modifiers (What was it... Nether Star, Golden Apple+Diamond Block, and... Diamond and Gold Block?) any more. Well, there's Embossment, which kinda lets you make a Tool Material property into an Extra Modifier, but it's strictly once per item.

And, well, if your tool isn't well-made, it has built in part replacement now, at least.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

27. - Top - End - #87

Its less about making a powerful tool and more for the convenience that everything in the mod brings. Like the Smeltery.

I love to mine so having a pick that gets better the more i dig with it makes much more sense to me than sitting in a booklined room and throwing exp and lapis at endless diamond pickaxes trying to get the best one for what i want. Well aware on what TC gets up to in more modern versions, Crash Landing however is what has been fun most recently to play.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I love to mine so having a pick that gets better the more i dig with it makes much more sense to me than sitting in a booklined room and throwing exp and lapis at endless diamond pickaxes trying to get the best one for what i want. Well aware on what TC gets up to in more modern versions, Crash Landing however is what has been fun most recently to play.
    I haven't been playing MC that long ago, how long ago has it been since you've played vanilla? You only need need two pickaxes to get everything you could possibly want on them. It would require a villager hall, but those are pretty easy and straight forward to do, if a bit time consuming to set up. The enchanting table only makes the first step a little faster, but I've had plenty of items where I just skipped that entirely.

I'm a bit of two minds on a lot of mods. Some are very helpful for basic things that don't really change the game, most client side mods, just take the edge off some situations. There are others that it basically feels like "why don't you just play in creative." There are others too that basically change it into a completely different game just using the MC ascetics and engine.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a bit of two minds on a lot of mods. Some are very helpful for basic things that don't really change the game, most client side mods, just take the edge off some situations. There are others that it basically feels like "why don't you just play in creative."
    So this is an interesting question. I like the mods I think you're talking about, where it lets you mine and gather tons of stuff, and use it to then build whatever you might want. I like playing on Peaceful mode, and having alternate ways to gather mob drops, and not needing to worry about going to mine more iron. So why don't I just play in creative?

I don't know. But I don't want to. I want there to be a process of setting things up involved. Sure, it's basically creative with extra steps... but I think the extra steps are what makes it feel meaningful? It's one thing to use creative to fill a swimming pool with molten gold, but it's another entirely to build a nuclear-powered mining laser array to generate an absurdly large amount of gold, melt it down, and then fill the swimming pool.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't been playing MC that long ago, how long ago has it been since you've played vanilla? You only need need two pickaxes to get everything you could possibly want on them. It would require a villager hall, but those are pretty easy and straight forward to do, if a bit time consuming to set up. The enchanting table only makes the first step a little faster, but I've had plenty of items where I just skipped that entirely.

I'm a bit of two minds on a lot of mods. Some are very helpful for basic things that don't really change the game, most client side mods, just take the edge off some situations. There are others that it basically feels like "why don't you just play in creative." There are others too that basically change it into a completely different game just using the MC ascetics and engine.
    Vanilla creative lacks a bunch of tools.
    Like you need commands to flatten things over a wide surface instantly while some mods provide that in tool form that can then be used at will(ex: blood magic).
    There is a bunch of other things mods makes more convenient than just having creative.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-02-02 at 04:08 AM.