New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default (Marvel Universe In The Playground) Escape Discussion and Interest Check

Concept: You are a child, teen, or young adult. Runaway, orphan, estranged form your family, for whatever reason you don't have much reason to contact your kinfolk or go home.

There is something special and unique in your body, that people want to study and you have been kidnapped and taken to a secure facility for this whether you want it or not.

Usually, this means specific superpowers—a standard healing factor isn't enough, but regenerative immortality would be. But, I'm willing to be flexible.

There's a group of you, in fact...And you're starting to get the feeling that you won't be making it out of here alive if you don't escape.

World: Based mostly on the main comics. However, this does not mean that something based on the Ultimate Universe, the Movies, Cartoons, or other AUs are off-limits. Hell, if you want to be a Cybertronion or a Timelord, since those comics were published by Marvel and are still considered part of the Marvel Multiverse, if you can explain how you got from that universe to the one the game takes place in as part of your backstory.

(I'm serous about that, but if you do choose to be a dimensionally displaced Cybertronian try to stay humanized. Think Maximals and Predacons, not Autobots and Decepticons, unless you want to be Micromaster.)

Here's the character I'll be using, as the kind of thing I'm looking for.
    Spoiler: Charlotte Webber
    Show
    Name: Charlotte Webber
    Hight/Weight: 5'10''/130 lbs
    (Sub)Species: Inhuman Hybrid (Homo sapiens inhumanus)
    Speech Color: Purple
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Charlotte is normally a skinny blonde girl of average height, blue-eyed, with shoulder length hair, a clear complexion, and slightly above average appearance, leaning toward cuteness.

However, after undergoing Terigenesis, Charlotte gained the ability to assume another form. In this state, her hair turns solid white, her skin turns a dark grey, almost black, and her eyes turn blood red. She also grows an extra pair of arms and a pair of small beedlike, red bug spider-eyes just above each eyebrow, with her teeth growing sharp and her nails on both hands and feet turning into small claws.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Originally quite happy and cheerful, Charlotte has been quite somber and moody as of late, at first due to the death of her childhood-friend-turned-lover and more recently due to her captivity.

She likes her powers but doesn't like that she doesn't have the hang of shifting back and forth. She also doesn't think they were worth it, wants nothing to do with that Inhuman city Back East, and to be honest she hates the term 'Inhuman.'

Anyone who makes any references to pigs gets punched.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Charlotte comes from a small, semi-rural town in the American Mid-West. Nothing really interesting happened there. The most interesting thing to ever happen to her, period, was a few years ago when she went to New York with her family and had to spend the whole week barricaded in their Hotel Room becuase someone had released a virus that termed people infected with it into spider-monsters.

Just a short while ago, Charlotte and her best friend from childhood, Taylor started thinking about each other in a completely differant way and started to date. Charlotte had never been happier.

One night, after they'd been together for months, in their childhood tree house, the two of them got a little... Into it, if you will. Just as they were about to make love for the first time, the Terrigen Mists rolled through town and sealed Charlotte in a cocoon. she hatched, having turned into some kind of spider-person, two weeks later...

Just in time for Taylor's funeral. As her life-long friend's parents had explained it, Taylor had secretly been a mutant. The same mists that caused a metamorphosis in Charlotte had triggered a fatal allergy in Taylor. Charlotte's lover had been dead within hours of breathing in the mists.

Charlotte couldn't deal with it--the survivors guilt, the being looked at as some odd curio until she could figure out how to change back, the idea that Taylor had been keeping such a big secret from her... eventually, she just ran away from home.

The problem, of course, was that she hadn't exactly kept her powers a secret--it'd have been hard to. Someone had found the story of a Spider-Powered Inhuman intriguing, did some research into Charlotte's history, found that her family had visited New York during the Spider-Island incident and managed to guess what Charlotte's real powers were, which led to some... Trouble.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Charlotte has the typical skills of a modern teenager with two full years of highschool education to her name, as well as the following super Powers

Inhuman Physiology: Charlotte is the descendant of the couplings of ancient Inhomo supremis with ancient humans and has the Inhuman Gene from both parents, causing to gain Superpowers following Teregenesis. Charlotte possesses the ability to absorb almost any Mutagenic effect, and at the cost of reducing it's power, negate any and all negative effects. Though, as a tradeoff, she can only use those powers in an alternate form that is somewhat monstrous. Having the Spider-Flu, kept dormant in her by her latent Inhuman genes, in her system at the time of Terrigenisis shaped her initial alternate form to an extreme degree. Currently, Charlotte's alternate form has the following powers

• Superhuman strength enough to lift three tons overhead and enough stamina to hold it indefinitely.
    • Enhanced stamina, speed, and toughness at a proportionate rate to her strength.
    • A mild healing factor, enough to keep her from scarring and not much else.
    • Somewhat mproved vision due to extra pairs of simple eyes.
    • A second pair of arms and the coordination to use them.
    • The proportionate flexibility, reflexes, and agility of a spider.
    • Fangs and claws as natural weapons, though not meaningfully better than normal human teeth and nails in terms of toughness.
    • A mild venom that can make a full grown, healthy adult human mildly woozy for a few minutes.
    • Spinnerettes in all four wrists that produce a large but finite amount of strong webbing, dependant on her health and nutrition. Ths webbing is strong enough to hold several tons but degrades in hours.

Charlotte can't always control when she shifts forms, and in her human form she only has the physical abillities of a skinny, unathletic teenage girl.

Furthemore, Terrigen, similar substances, Mutant/Inhuman Growth Hormone, and similar mutagens affect her as they would affect any other Inhuman, and a rare handful of things may react... strangely, to her powers.

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    Charlotte's blood-type is AB-Positive, the universal recipient. Her favorite food is bacon.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (Marvel Universe In The Playground) Escape Discussion and Interest Check

here is my character. I plan for her to start as a warrior-type and progress into something like a monster-general-mother thing that commands an army of monsters she creates and such.

Astraea
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 160 pds
    Species: Mutant Gorgon
    Station: Kidnapped Mutant Gorgon Amazon Warrior

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her skin is green, she has a human body type, her eyes are yellow and snake like, she has big hydra- like serpents for hair, she wears arca-bronze amazon armor, and carries normal amazon weaponry on her.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

She is a warrior of course, and doesn't particularly care for following the Olympians. She particularly hates Athena because all gorgons do, and hates Ares for killing her mother. She is snarky at whatever she wants, doesn't take much seriously but flies into a rage when something evil happens, but is generally a good person.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Astraea never knew her father. The Amazons after all do not allow men to live after reproduction. Whoever he was however, she was different from other gorgons, the father was apparently a mutant of some kind and Astraea as a result had only five big serpents for hair, instead of a tangle. The X-Gene apparently unlocked many of the latent abilities of a descendant of Set.

As a result she grew to develop her own unique fighting style where she uses her five big head-serpents for many different things, such as coiling around people, biting them to paralyze them, and so on. The made sure to train her in normal fighting as well to keep her on her toes so she can defend herself in any situation. However one day Ares came by, as the Olympians tend to walk among mortals for their amusement from time to time. He decided he liked her mother and thus wanted to fight in a duel with her. Astraea's mother fought valiantly but Ares was too strong and accidentally killed her and he shrugged, didn't really care, these things just happened. But Astraea was enraged by this and attacked him foolishly, and he knocked her out with one well placed strike, Ares deciding to spare her for her bravery of trying to take on a god.

The Amazons decided to punish her by putting Astraea in a prison off the main island of the Themyscira for trying to attack Ares, their patron god. She'd be there for a few years, untils he learned her lesson they'd figure but looked down upon her for attacking their god. But then she disappeared. The Amazons did not know how or why, and there was no signs that she tried to escape. Astraea never tried to do so before, feeling it was fair, after all she didn't want to turn anymore amazons to gold, even if she'd happily do so to her enemies. They shrugged, its not as if a superhero won't take care of it.

The truth is she got kidnapped by some jerks for some experiments or whatever. She doesn't really appreciate that. What she does know is that she hates both Athena and Ares and isn't really fan of the rest of Olympians in general anyways, and when she gets out, it mgiht be time to do some god-slaying.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hydra-Gorgon Hair:
    Instead of many small snakes this one has five big hydra-like serpents growing from her head. She can use them for grabbing, climbing and extending to great lengths to swing around like spiderman, but not for eating. The heads are not intelligent and are operated by her own mind, but may instinctively express thoughts or emotions she doesn't say out loud through growls.

Hydra Regeneration:
    She can regenerate from limbs being cut off, however like a hydra she grows back two limbs for every one she loses: lose an arm, she gains two arms on that side. Lose the left leg, she will grow back two left legs. Lose a hydra serpent, two more grow back, and if she loses her head, she grows back two heads with two sets of hydra serpent hair of the same number serpents as the original head as well as its memories. Her torso is not subject to this and while it can regenerate if its stabbed or damaged, if its takes too much damage she dies for good.

Snake Shedding:
    However over time her extra limbs from hydra regeneration become a little awkward to use and horrifying to people around her, so she sheds her excess limbs along with her skin to basically reset back to base body of two arms, two legs and one head. Can have other uses.

Gaze of Gold:
    A variation on the usual petrifying gaze, She fires a ray from her human eyes that turns things to gold.

Paralyzing Poison:
    She produces a poison that can paralyze people. Can be applied through her serpent bites, her own heads bite, or her claws.

Chameleon Cloak:
    Can change the color of her scales to blend in with the environment.

Wall-crawling:
    With sticky handhold grip of a lizard

Amphibious
    can breathe underwater

Lamia Blood Magic:
    can bite people and such a bit of their blood, then use that connection to control them like puppets through the blood as well as manipulate any blood they spill

Amazon Training:
    She is of athletic build and can fight as well as any marvel amazon with all the weapons they usually wield both ancient and modern.

Potential in the Blood:
    Astraea has inherited the potential to become a second Mother of Monsters just like Echidna, and thus could one day create monsters to serve her. She also has potential to control water and storms as the gorgons are associated with them, possibly because of Poseidon as well as possible bloodline relation to Ares due to growing up among Amazons.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Arca-Bronze Equipment:
    Has arcabronze armor, shield, spear and sword as per standard amazonian equipment.

Other equipment:
    Probably has a gun to, for modern combat.
    Probably a cellphone
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: (Marvel Universe In The Playground) Escape Discussion and Interest Check

Mother of monsters is a decent enough end goal, though it's looking like we're not gonna attract a lot of people.

Might need an extra PC or two just to have enough characters.

Luckily I've got a couple of back up concepts I can use to round out the party.

Would you rather Astrea adventure with a child who is a genetic chimera of human and alien DNA raised from birth to be a perfect shapeshifting assassin but who wasn't properly programmed and has to learn how to people or with a Gamma Ray or Cosmic-Gamma Ray Mutate (Hulk or Red Hulk) who wants to remain in their Hulk Form permanently and forsake their natural form becuase for their entire life they've suffered from severe dysmorphia of some kind and their hulk form, for all that it is obviously inhuman, it doesn't feel wrong the way their natural body does.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I have no shortage of character concepts. the reason I want to do a superhero game is because I have a bunch of characters that I just want to play but don't have a specific setting for and thought a superhero setting would be a good place to put them, with Nexus being too.....nexus for me to try that again.

like....

Septina, a bee alien hivemind girl sent from her world to discover what individuality is.

Lord Platinum, a former supervillain who still acts like a hammy four-color villain in his mannerisms despite being good.

Zarasiel, a good demon girl/succubus

a chaotic trickster goddess

a person literally made of shadow

A fair folk of some kind or something related to it

(oh and I also have this more.....series-ish idea where basically take the X-men concept and modify it to be all about psychics but the metaphor is about neurodiversity so all the psychic powers would be affected by the various neurodivergent conditions with neurotypicals being the best at things like telepathy and empathic stuff since they're the most social, in contrast most neurodiverse psychics would be bad at it. but thats neither here nor there.)

5. - Top - End - #5

The trickster goddess or "good succubus" could work with this concept if they're not too powerful, but that doesn't answer the question.

I'm gonna post quick profiles for both my suggested seat fillers and let you device if you think one of them would get along with your character.

Spoiler: S-00Z
    Show
    Name S-00Z (pronounced "Suzie,")
    Height 4'1''
    Weight: more than you'd think.
    Sex/Gender: Female by default but see below.
    Station: Aborted Super Soldier Project.

"Suzie" was genetically engineered, cultured from a composite of genetic material harvested from several humans, mutants, humans, and aliens in order to create an ideal spy and assassin and Suzie was trained over the course of years, starting from as soon as she could walk, in stealth, breaking an entering, theft, disguises, martial arts, and quick and efficient means of homicide by a top-secret government agency that legally did not exist becuase it's existing would inherently be several crimes against humanity. Eventually, however, the program was shut down in part so funding could be directed elsewhere and in part becuase, Suzie didn't quite... Well, her ability to pass for normal is limited. Rather than terminating her outright, she was sold on the black market to recoup the losses of the organization, where she was ultimately bought up by a group

Suzie can look like whatever she so chooses, but her true form resembles a 12-year-old girl with Kree-blue skin and the facial features--particularly the ears and chin, of a female Skrull of her age. Her messy, face-framing hair is an algae green and her eyes are solid red-sclera, iris, and pupil are indistinguishable to the naked eye. From neck to toe she's covered in a thin layer of small lizard-like scales a slightly darker blue than her skin and despite presenting as feminine she has no sexual characteristics whatsoever.

Suzie has some odd personality quirks: She doesn't wear clothes under the logic that shaping clothing from her own body is more efficient. This has resulted in training targets catching on when their partner is suddenly replaced with someone who's uniform's zipper or buttons appear to be stitched into living flesh. Being raised from birth to think of herself as a tool has given her a habit of referring to herself as "this one" or "this tool" which she refuses to drop even when in disguise, and in general despite the best tutilage available to her she has a poor grasp of talking to people. In short, while she is an expert at the physical aspects of breaking, entering, moving unnoticed, fighting, or killing someone she is utterly non-functional in social situations. she may in fact have a very shallow sense of self and a poor grasp of her own emotions.

Abilities
    Suzie is fluent in English in both American and English dialects, as well as French, Spanish, Italian, Latin, German, Greek, Russian, Arabic, Sanskrit, Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, and Esperanto. She is conventional in Gaelic, Kree, Skrull, Ancient Babylonian, Ancient Egyptian, and just-in-case, Klingon.

Suzie has been trained in martial arts. Starting with the composite style used by most MMA fighters, disregarding anything that wouldn't be useful in a real combat situation and adding in aspects of it's composite styles that were discarded for being too violent, before adding in aspects of Dragon, Monkey, and Mantis Style Kung fu, Baguazhang, and Ninjutsu. This composite style is designed for the use of great speed combined with powerful blows.

Suzie is biologically immortal: While she will continue to mature until she is fully grown, her body is constantly regenerating at the cellular level, reversing every day were and tare and damage from environmental factors as fast as they accumulate and repairing any and all damage to her genetic code caused by the cell dividual process, meaning that she will not age past her prime or die of natural cases. As a side effect, her body is always in peak physical condition for someone of her current size and build.

She does not need to eat due to a composite of traits from several alien species, but must still get enough water to remain hydrated. Her digestive system is Thu very simple. She can eat, but she can't digest it and has to throw it back up.

A mixture of skrull and mutant DNA allows Suzie to change her shape into any humanoid form she can imagine as well as produce a variety of natural weapons. She can alter her mass, density, and volume enough that she can take on any size between that of a human infant to three times an average human. Her speed, strength, and physical durability are equal to that of a kree of peak physical condition of that size and build--from comparable to a human infant at her smallest to being able to lift just over 120 tons at her largest. (She has a five-ton overhead lift in her default for,) She can partly or fully become plant matter, but not inorganic matter or organic matter that is not alive. Quadrupedal or inhuman body shapes are difficult for her, but not impossible. She assumes her true form when sleeping, unconscious, or severely injured.

In addition to any fangs, claws, or tentacles she shapeshifts she by default has a retractable spike of ultra-dense bone roughly the length of her forearm hidden in each arm and projectable through her fist. This remains when she shapeshifts unless she consciously chooses to shift it away.

She has a healing factor that closes most cutting stabbing wounds too fast to be noticed, though bullets that hit hard enough to overcome her natural durability need to be removed surgically and broken bones that aren't set properly will take weeks to heal (amputating the limb would regenerate faster.)She has a comparable immune system, but it is not perfect.

Her body is superhumanly able to adapt to temperature: A flamethrower or freeze ray will hurt her as bad as anyone else, but she could be in the Sahara Desert in a parka and snow pants or naked in the middle of Antarctica and her body would adapt and she'd been perfectly comfortable.

So, basically she's the ultimate child Assasin/super-soldier but she just can't person. Her arc would be about learning to person.

The other one isn't quite as fleshed out.

Spoiler: Hellhound
    Show
    Name: Roma Lupin(preferred name)/Hellhound(nickname)/Jack Jones (Legal Name, not answered to.)
    Height: 5'1/7'5'
    Weight: 100lbs/500lbs
    Sex/Gener: See Below.
    Station: Radioactive Werewolf from Hell.

Jack always felt like there was something wrong with him. Something, something he couldn't put a finger on, but it was... like there was something wrong with his body. It hurt, kind of? He could never put the feeling quite to words. Learning about ancient roman history and mythology, a favorite subject that he was borderline obsessed with, distracted him from the feeling somewhat, but...

It wasn't until he was sixteen did some reading on the internet, and saw some stories that felt really familiar that he was able to understand the problem: He was actually a she.

Well, her parents didn't particularly like that. They weren't malicious about it, not by a longshot, but they didn't understand and, like many people, when confronted with something they didn't understand reacted with fear and anger. she and her parents argued, she stormed out with only the clothes on her back, never to return.

Now calling herself Roma, the feminine form of Romulus, the mythological founder of Rome who along with his brother was nrused by a She-wolf, she quickly adapted. She'd always been a quick study, she got used to living on the streets pretty quickly and, being slightly framed and short it was easy enough to pass for a young woman by growing her straight black hair out and dressing the part.

Then she got hit by a truck. Drunk driver swept around a corner with no warning, never saw it coming, good samaritan called an ambulance... Unfortunately, a cable of minor supervillains who were trying to ape the work of the Intelligencia had infiltrated and subverted control of the hospital. Everyone who it seemed woudln't be missed who came into the ER was tested for the Gamma gene or other superhuman traits. Roma tested positive for the Gamma gene and "disappeared."

One dosing of third-form Gamma Rays and Cosmic Rays in the form of Primal Kirbons later, and Roma wasn't dying from car accident-related injuries anymore. The Wanna Be intellegencia, however, werren't expecting her to take so... Well to it, and in the confusion the now Hulked-Out Roma was able to wreck their secret laboratory and escape, leaving a handful of witnesses screaming about monsters and Government Agents investigating that hospital.

When Roma calmed down and got a good look at herself, she found that she's transformed. Before, she was an uncomfortable young woman trapped in th body of a skinny white boy. Now? She was a badass anthropomorphic she-wolf with fur the color of a moonless night and orange eyes that glowed like the fires of hell. She spoke, and in a voice that sounded more like that of her ideal woman than a monster, she said "this is me" and swore that if she got her way she'd never go back to her old body again.

Eventually, she was found and tranqued by a group of paramilitaries. At first, sh thought it was the people who let her be her trying to recapture her for experiments, but the logo was different.

Abilities

Roma/Hellhound has the education of a consistent B student who made it through her second year of highschool. She's not a genius by far, but she'd probably have been an A student if she wasn't dealing with other matters.

Roma is skilled in the methods of surviving on the streets.

At will, or when particularly angry, Roman shifts from human form into that of a massive, monsterous anthropomorphic wolf with fangs and claws sharp and hard enough to shred steal and farm concrete. The wolf form is biologically female, though most people wouldn't notice if they didn' get a close look. In this form, Roma possesses a regenrative healing factor, a bullet proof felt, three rose of shark spikes down her back, superhuman strength sufficient to
    lift 100 tons overhead with comparative toughness, and becomes fully self sustaining.

Her body temperature doubles and when particularly focused, she can exhale a concentrated blast of heat and radiation from her mouth that's sufficient to melt steal.

As a cosmic ray enhanced Hulk, Roma has the ability to absorb various forms of energy to enhance her powers, though she is not are of it at this point.

Immortality: Like all Gamma Ray Mutates, Roma is connected to the Below Place, a Hell Realm at the bottom of the Multiverse and the home of the One-Below-All. Upon death, Roma's soul ends up there but she can return to life by walking through The Green Door. Whether she remembers what happens down there and what condition she comes back in, however, are more questionable.

...This isn't offensive, is it? I've been wanting to explore how a Trans person would be affected by becoming a hulk for a while, because a Hulk's powers are based on their psychological issues, self identity, personality traits, emotions, and desires, and Immortal Hulk, it hasn't directly answered the question there's a bit of trans subtext so it's been on my mind a lot lately.

Regardless, her goal is "Hulk Out permenantly."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I'm not offended by the trans-hulk thing. its certainly not a normal way of achieving it, but hey, its possible to reach a state of Genius Hulk where your rationality and strength aren't sacrificed for the other in some sort of "hulkvana", who says she can't figure out a similar "trans werehulk nirvana" thing? hm, considering what the Celestials did to Earth so long ago, one wonders if the whole thing isn't just unlocking something that is already there. I once came up with a transwoman fair folk magical girl concept so....I have no real right to throw stones from my glass house here.

as for the assassin....*shrug* not sure what to think? I'm mostly just looking to put in any weird concept I can because its a superhero universe? so if Suzie makes sense to you, it makes sense, and I'm pretty sure she is similar to character concepts I've played before even if it was brief, like the Unkillables so I have no problem with it.

so whichever one will work. its all superhero strangeness to me, so to me its all valid, since practically anything can happen in them. but for getting along....I dunno Astraea is just kind a return to basics for me, she is just a snarky rebellious good person who experienced a trauma in her life with weird powers that don't line up with usual powers, so I guess whichever one is more up for punching evil dudes in the face because they're evil without much care for legality. basically I default to Chaotic Good-esque heroes when I'm not examining a specific anime setting.

7. - Top - End - #7

Honestly, they'd both be down for that, Suzie becuase it's what her "C-O" wants and Roma becuase, well, Giant Radioactive Werewolves in-general aren't really conformists but she's not not really a monster, per se.

With what I've got planned for Charlotte?

Honestly, the core concept of this game easily adapts to the "superhero team of non-conformist monster-mashers" and that would not be at all out of place in the Marvel Universe. Frankenstein's Monster, Man-Thing, and Howard the Duck have been on a super team together. There's a team called Brute Force that's just a bunch of non-anthropomorphic animals with cybernetic enhancements.

We've got a spider-woman, a werewolf, a hybrid alien assassin, and Supergorgon/proto-echidna all of whom won't exactly fit in in conventional society. If you want to add one or two more characters we can get started from there and this opening story I've got can be their origin story.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-07-24 at 02:24 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

okay, so trickster spirit to downgrade from goddess....

Kinita aka Miss Mayhem
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.5ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Species: Kitsune
    Station: Trickster Spirit

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her default form She has long orange hair with fox ears, and a fox tail with a fair skinned human body. Her eyes are yellow, and she wears modern clothing she can better trick people with.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kinita wants to have fun and adventure, and doesn't mind taking down a villain with some trickery while she does it. While she likes tricking people alone she has teamed up with other heroes before to use her trickery to help foil evil by being a subtle knife to other's hammers, leaving the fighting to others while she investigates things, or deceives people or sabotages evil plans. She loves pulling off scams and pranks on those who deserve it. She regards authority of course with a playful disregard for social mores and will poke fun at them if she can get away with it.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kinita, as a kitsune has never been a violent person. She always preferred to solve things with cleverness and guile, and thus throughout her life she avoided combat in favor of solving things with her trickster powers, always fends off evil with her tricksy ways rather than force. She recognizes that others might need force, but she never felt like it herself. So she went around in disguises, illusions and other manipulations to trick villains into their own downfall as Miss Mayhem, however this earned her reputation as a Yako among the Zenko kitsune who serve Inari, because she brings misfortune rather than guiding people to fortune and plentiful bounties, saying she should serve good by empowering the good rather than bringing down evil

She doesn't really care. She lives as an outcast from kitsunes and always goes her own way. However she soon was taken by a mysterious group for some reason

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Trickster Skills:
    is skilled at persuading, deceiving, being stealthy, investigating, perceiving, acrobatics, and pranking people. She has no combat ability.

Shapeshifting:
    Can either turn into any normal human female form, or a fox.

Luck Manipulation:
    Can use luck magic to shift probability in various minor ways, such as cheating at gambling

Illusion Manipulation:
    Can use illusions to trick people in various ways.

Emotion Manipulation:
    Can amplify or suppress the emotions of others nearby

Hypnotic Stare:
    Uses a hypnotic stare to make people obey her suggestions

Peaceful Lullaby:
    Sings a peaceful siren-like lullaby to lure people to sleep

Trickster's Creation:
    Can create handheld objects, often to trick people of their real value, or even tools to help her out of a tight spot, but cannot make weapons.

Unseen Teleportation:
    Can teleport short distances when no one is looking at her.

Chaos Curses:
    Can place a curse on some to either be temporarily clumsy, physically weak, stupid, unobservant, can hex on technology to go haywire, things like that

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Basically Kinita is a trickster spirit, and she goes around doing the non-combat stuff and having fun doing it.

9. - Top - End - #9

And we're started

(I hope the collars and temporary lack of equipment is an acceptable starting conflict.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10

Do you not know how to react to my last post?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Conan comics published by Marvel part of the verse? And by extension, doesn't that mean that Lovecraft's mythos is as well? So it would be possible to have, say, a character who is a distant descendant of Conan the Barbarian and Yog-Sothoth?

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    Heh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Conan comics published by Marvel part of the verse? And by extension, doesn't that mean that Lovecraft's mythos is as well? So it would be possible to have, say, a character who is a distant descendant of Conan the Barbarian and Yog-Sothoth?
    Yes. A time traveling Conan recently teamed up with Venom to fight off Alien invaders in Mexico city.

And uh, a little bit of Trivia: Conan the Barbarian lived over 10 thousand years before the modern-day. If he has any descendants, then everyone is his descendant. That's how generational statistics work, eventually, you're the ancestor of all humans or of none of them, and modern scientists are pretty sure that everyone alive 10 thousand years ago is in that category.

Considering that Conan 1: Had unprotected sex with every woman who was willing to sleep with him from pretty much eery culture he visited... Which was pretty much all of Europe and Asia and most of North Africa, 2: Founded a long-lasting royal lineage, and 3: The last thing we have any record of him doing is retiring from being a King and sailing to "Mayapan" (North and south America) in order to get back to adventuring, plundering, and screwing his way around the world, Im gonna take a while guess and say he's in the "everyone is" category.

The Cthulhu Mythos, in broad strokes, is also marel canon. Cthulhu's been mentioned by name a few times, so a descendant of Yog-Sothot is more likely, but a descendant of Conan is literally nothing special: All of the PCs are Canon's descendants as is, except maybe Kinita.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-08-08 at 06:58 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I know how the statistics are supposed to work in real life, it's part of the reason why I had the idea in the first place. Though Marvel can't be said to follow them with any real fidelity - if they did, everyone would be a mutant, or inhuman, or whatever, since those traits were seeded into the gene pool in the days of yore.

14. - Top - End - #14

Technically, the X-gene is present in all humans. It's just not active in the majority.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #15

Raz? poke? You still interested?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16

For the record, when I say "Apocalypse Cult" I am referring to the X-Men villain.

I'm operating on the assumption that "powerful immortal mutant from Ancient Egypt who periodically brainwashes people to be his heralds and tries to take over the world and/or wipe out non-empowered humans" is common knowledge.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

ah sorry, was distracted, will get on this

18. - Top - End - #18

Sorry, but after ten days I figured it needed a little kick in the pants.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Whoops, sorry. was too caught in Sounditp and my videogames and such. Kingdoms of Amalur is fun, and is all about destroying fate in the most literal manner. just posted now.

20. - Top - End - #20

You still interested in this?

If not, I can probably come up with a conclusion.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #21

So, just as a reminder, Charlotte is sixteen.

It's Suzie who's the child.

Incidentally, the sex of Taylor, Charlotte's friend-turned-lover who died, was decided in part by my flipping a coin when I realized that it would be weird for the boss to avoid pronouns.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #22

...You still interested, Raz?

Cause I can just end this fight and move to the next phase of the game.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still interested! Sorry Sorry! I don't know why I don't...augh I'll just post.

24. - Top - End - #24

By the way, a new Werewolf-By-Night run started this week, it seems promising, so if we ever make it past thisinitial storyline I might crib some stuff from it:Initially it's following a New Werewolf who follows different rules from the usual guy, but it promises to explore how differant kinds of werewolf curses work and the like.

Roma isn't technically a Werewolf, but there can be multiple ways of becoming things and, as a Hulk, she exists in the middle point of where Science and Magic intersect so maybe...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #25

I'm going to make an executive decision and have the party head for the church because I think I can get the plot moving most easily from there.

I might just end up cutting this original plan short and moving on into another arc. Maybe something you and I hash out together.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #26

You wanna just let this die?

Becuase I'm starting to think that it was a mistake to start this game the way I did.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You wanna just let this die?

Becuase I'm starting to think that it was a mistake to start this game the way I did.
    Oh.

I'm sorry I haven't been active enough, guess I've been too caught up in Sounditp and other things. whatever you feel is good, when I proposed the idea I mostly just wanted to play whatever superheroes I wanted/could be allowed to play, so whatever makes you comfortable will work for me.

Edit: personally I think I might've screwed up myself by trying to split between two characters rather than make a singular good character to focus on first.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-23 at 06:35 AM.