New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1446
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    Sch'theraqpasstt
    (I hope they fired that writer afterwards. This is bad, even by demon lord name standards.)

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I like the name. It's easssssy to hisssss. (Also, it's not worse than Zzyczesiya the Ungrasped. On the other hand, that one was allegedly a joke: "the demon lord that is always at the end of the list".)

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Who's the least-Evil demon to still be unambiguously very Evil? Someone like Graz'zt but on the vertical axis instead of horizontal.

If the answer turns out to be an obyrith, same question again but restricted to tanar'ri instead of all demons.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Who's the least-Evil demon to still be unambiguously very Evil? Someone like Graz'zt but on the vertical axis instead of horizontal.

If the answer turns out to be an obyrith, same question again but restricted to tanar'ri instead of all demons.
    Graz'zt as least evil? I think this is a misunderstanding of Graz'zt as a character. He unleashes demonic demigods from his loins on the cosmos. Surely thinking that Graz'zt is a least evil demon is on account of his humanoid form, creating a false sense of affinity.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    Graz'zt as least evil? I think this is a misunderstanding of Graz'zt as a character. He unleashes demonic demigods from his loins on the cosmos. Surely thinking that Graz'zt is a least evil demon is on account of his humanoid form, creating a false sense of affinity.
    I think they meant that Graz'zt is the most lawful, "vertical axis rather than horizontal".

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    I think they meant that Graz'zt is the most lawful, "vertical axis rather than horizontal".
    Yes, this. Graz'zt is monumentally Chaotic but also notably less-so than other demon lords; I'm asking if there's a demon lord that's the same way with Evil.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2023-06-26 at 08:43 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Afro once answered the question who the nicest demon lord is with "Bechard". Does that count?

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

Afro once answered the question who the nicest demon lord is with "Bechard". Does that count?
    Yeah, that counts.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

If you feel up for it, can you invent some stuff for the minor demon lord Sch'theraqpasstt, the Serpent Reborn, for me? I'm interested in stuff about him and his layer in general, but especially in how the yuan-ti that worship him differ from the usual Merrshaulk worshippers.
    I caaaan but it will have to be on the backburner for a bit; you know what I'm working on now and why my time is depleted.

Egh, maybe possibly Lupercio, purely out of sheer laziness and general lack of active effort to be evil? He's still utterly awful, don't get me wrong, but fairly passive about it. Alrunes wouldn't be a bad pick either, since protection is part of her schtick - of course with all attendant consequences but still.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

In doing research for a not-spelljammer-but-kinda-spelljammer-and-using-the-map campaign I've hit a dead end searching for info about two specific crystal spheres. They might be one-line offhand mentions or someone's homebrew (but if so they show up mentioned a couple places), and I haven't found any references in my AD&D SJ collection (not that it's 100% complete either).

One is Pearlspace, a 2/3rds full of water sphere with a bunch of giant fish and a couple giant pearls as planets. I can't find any info on the planets other than fish type (shark, stingray, whale, green pearl, etc.) and size.

The other is Hamsterspace. Yeah, tons of false leads on internet searches and lousy filtering options for this. I found one mention that indicates it may be one of those throwaway lines from a book. Everything else that could be a legit hit was "it exists".

Anyone know of any references to them with actual info or even just the original sources?

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    One is Pearlspace, the other is Hamsterspace.

Anyone know of any references to them with actual info or even just the original sources?
    Nope. There's a fanmade Pearlspace that forms part of the Maelstrom and can be found on Nerik's map, but I've not heard of Hamsterspace. It's quite plausible that either or both are one-off mentions in some product (especially the novels, given how poorly those are indexed on the web) but there would be negligible detail on them in either case.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Barbarian in the Playground

I assumed Hamsterspace was a joke about Boo.

13. - Top - End - #1333

How does afrocanon Nine Hells differ to the Dicefreaks canon? Dicefreaks takes a lot of inspiration from various past D&D publications, and suggests that the true Asmodeus is an overgod.
    Last edited by redking; 2023-06-27 at 12:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I found the source (I think) of most of the i ternet hamsterspace hits. Some other forum's thread from 2018. https://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/view...hp?f=2&t=20694

Still putting in the occasional try on Pearlspace planet data.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

What's the deal with gendered mind flayers?

There are several examples of mind flayers in various books that have a binary personal pronoun that corresponds to the biological sex of their host body.
    How much of a taboo is that to mind flayers?

Why is Lupercio so happy?
    Last edited by Dalmosh; 2023-06-28 at 06:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VIII

Two questions about the Olympian, Pharonic and Asgardian pantheons (Deities & Demigods):

1. Did the deities in this book get updated with any extra domains, from those published outside of 3.0 core? I know some of these deities like Tyr and Bast, got appropriated by the FR pantheon...

2. Historically, there are a lot more deities attributed to those pantheons than what appear in the book. Did those pantheons themselves get expanded with extra deities in any official source?

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    I assumed Hamsterspace was a joke about Boo.
    I figured it was more broadly about giant space hamsters.

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    How does afrocanon Nine Hells differ to the Dicefreaks canon? Dicefreaks takes a lot of inspiration from various past D&D publications, and suggests that the true Asmodeus is an overgod.
    Well I definitely don't adhere to that particular view. Beyond that, I'm afraid I'm not tremendously familiar with Dicefreaks canon to be able to say.

Still putting in the occasional try on Pearlspace planet data.
    I mean I could just make stuff up if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmosh View Post
    What's the deal with gendered mind flayers?

There are several examples of mind flayers in various books that have a binary personal pronoun that corresponds to the biological sex of their host body.
    How much of a taboo is that to mind flayers?
    It sort of depends on the circumstances, but broadly, it's frowned upon no matter what. The main exception would be for those who serve the community as merchants and/or diplomats to outsiders and assume a binary personal pronoun as a matter of convenience or association; even then, exhibiting habits of "thrall races" is considered repugnant and deficient. As for those who take those identities from their host body or otherwise cleave to a gendered identity of their own, it's highly taboo and believed to be a sign of personal failing and weakness. As a result, illithids try to avoid revealing this when they can. Note that some really only use gendered pronouns as a method of basically "translating" identity to the thought-patterns of the receiver, so there's also some observer bias afoot.

Why is Lupercio so happy?
    He's an uncontested demon lord who gets to be terrifying without ever leaving his bed. Living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Two questions about the Olympian, Pharonic and Asgardian pantheons (Deities & Demigods):

1. Did the deities in this book get updated with any extra domains, from those published outside of 3.0 core? I know some of these deities like Tyr and Bast, got appropriated by the FR pantheon...
    Not outside of the ones who also exist in another pantheon, as you had noted; some of the Pharaonic deities would also be mentioned as Mulhorandi deities so they might have a few in FR.

2. Historically, there are a lot more deities attributed to those pantheons than what appear in the book. Did those pantheons themselves get expanded with extra deities in any official source?
    Not really. A couple of issues of Dragon mentioned a few additional deities but less in the "added to Deities & Demigods" sense and more in the "we were working on something unrelated and this happened" sense. Are there particular gods you want to see updated/updated domains for?

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I mean I could just make stuff up if you want.
    I had a thread for that in the world building subforum, and another on a different forum. Nobody ever really means that.

I've scraped the spelljammer sites, an entire Traveller sector in 300 page pdf format, and half of Wookiepefia so far. Plus what I've made up from the random generator prompts. Eventually I'll have to see if there are any WH40k planets with decent write ups.

Although.... I do need Krull turned into a crystal sphere. And there's room to stick a Zardoz reference/world. And Barsoom & Flash Gordon, should throw some references for them in too.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

I had a thread for that in the world building subforum, and another on a different forum. Nobody ever really means that.
    Thurbane, Tzardok, anyone else wanna help refer to my track record?

Obviously it depends on how much material you want, but I can concoct a basic sketch-up at the very least.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

anyone else wanna help refer to my track record?
    The worst part is the laughing. It never stops. I can vouch for Afro being vastly more complete than anticipated for almost everything he offers to do. Certainly everything that matters.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2023-06-30 at 11:26 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

1. Are there any Inevitables mentioned in other sources that are stronger than Quarut and Vharakuts?

2. Are there any species which operate and act as a Zerg like threat? Other than a horde of gates to the Abyss, I suppose.
    Last edited by HunterOfJello; 2023-07-03 at 09:15 AM. Reason: increase question

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Not canonically, but back in the day afro published some in the homebrew forum. Here.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HunterOfJello View Post
    2. Are there any species which operate and act as a Zerg like threat? Other than a horde of gates to the Abyss, I suppose.
    The kythons from The Book of Vile Darkness are very xenomorph-esque, and are good Zerg replacements.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HunterOfJello View Post
    Various undead, or perhaps Yellow Musk Creepers/Zombies? What do you mean exactly, aside from 'can reproduce quickly and explosively'?
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Entries have been posted for the newest round of Junkyard Wars. Are YOU the judge we need? And while you're there, vote for the next round!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

25. - Top - End - #1345

PirateGuy

Aren't Formians kinda Zerg-like too? I remember a 2E Planescape adventure (not sure if their first introduction or not) where they're treated as pests expanding excessively and encroaching on territories all over the Lawful planes...
    Last edited by SirKazum; 2023-07-03 at 11:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

For alien threats that take over world for world I'd suggest looking into Spelljammer. Witchlight Marauders are sadly not converted to 3.x (they are closer to ME's Reapers anyway), but clockwork horrors are good too.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

For alien threats that take over world for world I'd suggest looking into Spelljammer. Witchlight Marauders are sadly not converted to 3.x (they are closer to ME's Reapers anyway), but clockwork horrors are good too.
    Seconding the clockwork horrors. They're easy to use. Already bug-like, can have any new types you want by metal, turn mineral resources into more of themselves, swarm/horde tactics, and the leaders are pretty smart.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    The kythons from The Book of Vile Darkness are very xenomorph-esque, and are good Zerg replacements.
    Along those lines there's also the Kruthiks from Miniatures handbook, which are like the less interesting cousins of the Kythons.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ekolids are pretty on theme too

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Thurbane, Tzardok, anyone else wanna help refer to my track record?

Obviously it depends on how much material you want, but I can concoct a basic sketch-up at the very least.
    The worst part is the laughing. It never stops. I can vouch for Afro being vastly more complete than anticipated for almost everything he offers to do. Certainly everything that matters.
    Well if you feel like martyring your brain on it, try a softball pitch first. A couple partially done systems to see the patterns. Don't worry about fiddly detail bits like exact size, gravity, etc., unless you truely want to. I just need wikipedia/travelogue type entries.
    Spoiler
    Show

TODO---------------------------------

-2,2 Pearl

<<main trade route out to Imperial>>
    <<Forboldn Meliorative Society>>
    [[liveworlds]] [[5 mini-planets]] [[3 small-medium planets]] [[conflict]]

System Type: Planets orbit clockwise around the Primary
    Sphere is approximately
    Stars are giant luminous pearls embedded in the outer crystal sphere shell.
    Conditions: Pearl is a flooded crystal sphere. Approximately a third of its total volume consists of space and about a sixth consists of an atmosphere above the water's surface. Like Celestia, the sphere resembles a goldfish bowl with a top on it. The worlds swirl around the central elemental sapphire jewel sun which heats the waters to bearable temperatures. The atmosphere above the ocean varies in temperature and density depending on how close to the central star it is. At the edge the atmosphere is partially carbon dioxide, around 60km thick, and averages <<TEMP COLD>>. Close to the star it consists of mixed super-hot steam and oxy-hydrogen plasma, averaging <<TEMP HOT>> and almost 180km thick. Most travel involves ships rising up above the atmosphere to around 1200km and then traveling at regular spelljamming speeds from world to world. The worlds of Pearl are mostly aquatic Starbeasts with continents on their backs, although there are also planet sized plants, pearls, an artifact, and a dead world-whale. The Sphere is currently in a low intensity colonial war between EIN and Imperium of Humanity forces. Imperium of Humanity forces in this sphere are commanded by Admiral Kinshiwan Hiu Sing Dao. EIN forces are under the joint command of Admiral Naurasrin Dalthe-Riocsen and Marine General Swaro Farseer. There are also small forces of pirates in the area.
    Spelljammer Activity: Humanitas Imperium political zone, ongoing colonial wars between the Imperium and Elven Territories, piracy

<<Multirace Colony, DISPUTED Imperium & EIN>
    <<Duke & Dutchy of Iderati>>
    <<station of the 5703rd Lift Cavalry Regiment>>

Editor's Note: We use the common descriptor names of the most frequent aquatic lifeforms that most closely match the forms of the starbeasts. For example, the fourth planet is not literally a 'lobster' (Kashmiirian Tree Lobster (Enov -2,-2), Ossan Spiny Rock Lobster (Arborea -3,2), Challadarad Jumping Razor-Claw Lobster (Yfeke 1,2), etc., etc.). Rather it is most like the sorts of creatures that people often call "lobsters".

Traveler's Aid Society Official Danger Level Ratings
    A. Combat Hazard Class 2: The Sphere is currently in a low intensity colonial war between EIN and Imperium of Humanity forces. Imperium of Humanity forces in this sphere are commanded by Admiral Kinshiwan Hiu Sing Dao. EIN forces are under the joint command of Admiral Naurasrin Dalthe-Riocsen and Marine General Swaro Farseer. There are also small forces of pirates in the area.
    B. ??? <<IF NEEDED>>

Primary: Straash, ▴ Regular Fire World - Size J (28,000,000 km dia)
    Characteristics: local sun, sapphire teardrop-shaped fire object

Sutorpea: ▴ Regular Living World - Size C (590 km by 142 km useable, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 50 million kilometers (8.5 kVU, 2.5 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: tuna starbeast

Yurnescea: ▴ Regular Living World - Size D (1990 km useable dia, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 70 million kilometers (11.5 kVU, 3.5 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: stingray starbeast

Forboldn: * Amorphous Living World - Size C (1440 km useable dia, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 100 million kilometers (17 kVU, 6 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: giant seaweed mat planet

<<TODO MORE>>

<<Forboldn Meliorative Society -- Corporation governing Forboldn and controlling the implementation of the Forboldn Project. It is formed in 38089 in cooperation between the population of Forboldn (who contributed ownership of the planet) and the Ministry of Colonization (which contributed the capital). There are 100 million shares in all. 51% of the stock is distributed to everyone registered by a census in 38095, precisely 2,166,114 in all>>

Carcaros: ▴ Regular Living World - Size E (13,100 km by 3620 km useable, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 140 million kilometers (23 kVU, 8 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: lobster starbeast

Chungg-Li: ● Spherical Earth World - Size D (5200 km useable dia, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 200 million kilometers (33 kVU, 11 light minutes)
    Groundlings: imperial humans, mixed species farmers [38 million, t5c3]
    Characteristics: giant white pearl topped with dirt & trees

Covered in wide, open plains and rolling hills in a layer on top of the pearlescent planet. Wet weather patterns, coupled with arable land, make it suitable for farming, which the planet's original elf and tiefling settlers took advantage of. The terrain is also suitable for grazing herd animals, such as the native chollas. By 39647, a human colony had been established on Chungg-Li. During the third war between the Elven Territories and the Humanitas Imperium, Chungg-Li (along with other colonies and transports along the Imperial-Pearl-Pheolite Trade Route) was targeted by the disenfranchised tiefling Heta Kol and her forces who prosecuted a series of assaults on Imperium. After the rebellion was brutally crushed, for the next hundred and fifty years many families traveled to Chungg-Li intending to settle on the planet and start new lives. However, before they were allowed to take up residence on the world, they had to be formally adopted by one of the <<HUMAN IMP GROUPING>>. Chungg-Li soon boasted a population of several million and transformed from a simple farming planet to a major trading post. <<NAME>> was appointed Duke of Iderati of Pearl in 39692. Chungg-Li became his personal stronghold and suffered under <<NAME>>'s oppressive edicts as private industry was nationalized and free travel to and from the planet was prohibited. By 39695, <<NAME>> had instituted high tariffs at the starport, meaning that many independent traders and visitors to the planet often found themselves stranded when they could not afford the high docking bay fees and had their ships or shuttles impounded. In the thirty standard years that <<NAME>> ruled the planet he turned it into a virtual fortress, protected by an energy shield and armed with anti-orbital turbo-lasers and proton cannons, as well as anti-assault weapons on the shoreline. During <<NAME>>'s reign, several resistance groups opposed him. <<NAME>> ordered several terrorist acts to be carried out on Chungg-Li in order to blame the atrocities on the insurgents. In 39723, the Elven Imperial Navy received intelligence that suggested <<NAME>> had access to a potent new form of technology. In an effort to oust him from power and deny him the opportunity to use the technology, the EIN assembled a task force to liberate the planet. <<NAME>> managed to escape in a private battleship before he could be apprehended by the commandos. <<NAME>> marshaled his forces in orbit and withdrew from the battle. Originally colonized by escaped slaves from Glyph (-1,2), Chungg-Li was rapidly inhabited by several other species after its initial settling. While humans are abundant on the planet today, Chungg-Li still has sizable elven and tiefling communities. The Imperial Government Complex, also known locally as "Iderati Palace", was the center of Imperial authority on Chungg-Li. Surrounded by a Symbol of Death fence and protected by automatic anti-personnel gun towers, the complex is a mixture of hardened military bunkers and administrative spires. The complex contains the Duke's Palace, the command and control for the planetary defenses, research labs, detention cells, a gladiator arena, and a secret hangar able to contain a Carrack-class heavy cruiser. Chungg-Li Starport is the planet's primary transportation hub for individuals either arriving at or leaving Chungg-Li.

Jhangg-Lu: ● Spherical Earth World - Size E (8300 km useable dia, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 300 million kilometers (50 kVU, 17 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: giant green pearl

Fhengg-Po: 0 Elliptical Earth World - Size E (11,800 km useable dia, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 350 million kilometers (58 kVU, 19 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: giant black pearl, slightly flattened,

Selachea: ▴ Regular Living World - Size D (2900 km by 640 km useable, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 450 million kilometers (75 kVU, 25 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: plesiosaur starbeast

Megadonalos: ▴ Regular Living World - Size C (880 km by 290 km useable, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 600 million kilometers (100 kVU, 33 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: shark starbeast

Ranmascea: ▴ Regular Living World - Size D (4700 km by 930 km useable, 1g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 650 million kilometers (109 kVU, 36 light minutes)
    Groundlings: indentured miners [937,000, t3c$]
    Characteristics: squid starbeast, torrential rain, storms of violent electricity and deadly hydrofluoric acid rain

Ranmascea possesses an ionized atmosphere that is well-suited for oxygen-breathing species, but makes high-altitude anti-gravity lift vehicles impossible to operate. Electrically-charged atmospheric disturbances hamper long-range & orbital scanning and limit visibility. The disturbances also prevent the use of air transport which can only land or disembark during very narrow and unpredictable windows of time. The planet has a temperate, but inhospitable climate that continually experiences storms that interfere with sensor devices. The world also experiences torrential rain with less than five days per standard year without precipitation. The rain break normally lasts less than a standard hour according to the locals. The rain slicked surfaces of the planet are unstable and constantly shift from the weight of the rains. Any surface-based initiatives are complicated by the planet's perpetual storms. Ranmascea is susceptible to planet-quakes, and was also rich in organo-metallic ores. By 39826, however, its valuable ores were dwindling and the rain-soaked planet was becoming a desert world, while its coasts and rivers ran black with ash and slag, due to the decades of Imperial strip mining. The moisture in the atmosphere had also become terminally polluted, causing sporadic storms of violent electricity and deadly hydrofluoric acid rain, which further hampered just about everything. Huge digging and boring machines continued to cut ever deeper into the surface of the dying planet. The planet suffered from an outbreak of Brainrot Plague, which decimated the population of Ranmascea. And prior to the recent Civil Wars, garrulous gnome marine biologist space bandits attacked and conquered Ranmascea for a couple years. After the bandits moved on, the <<PIRATE COALITION GROUP>> pirates attacked the world, sieging small communities and killing many. Despite paying its due taxes to the Imperium and requesting aid, Ranmascea received no help in any of these cases. Today it is a poor planet of indentured miners and corporate mining towns.

DeepEye: ▴ Regular Earth World - Size B (93 km dia, 0.75)
    Highly elliptical counter-clockwise orbit: 400 million km to 750 million km and currently at about 700 million kilometers (117 kVU, 39 light minutes)
    Groundlings: suicidal explorers who soon leave or die
    Characteristics: Possible Syrne artifact, submerged tetrahedron artificial world

DeepEye is not a natural phenomena. It is a created device, a great city under the sea. This ancient artifact has been seen for ages in the seas of Pearl. It makes a <<YEARS>> year swing about the star system, slowly making it's orbit about the sun. During the time that it is closest to the sun, it is extremely bright, easily seen from anywhere in the inner system. It's appearance in the seas of Carcaros is considered a sign of good luck and heralds a year of good luck. Few have actually explored the DeepEye. Those that have report a breathable atmosphere and an interior haunted by apparently unlimited numbers of such cold loving monsters as <<LIST THREE COLD TYPE MONSTERS, WEIRDER IS BETTER>>, and even ice daemons. The DeepEye itself is a shell of ice and crystal, riddled with caverns. Those caverns can go on for kilometers, and end in crafted corridors. Those corridors, in turn, lead to the core, a hollowed chamber well over sixteen kilometers in diameter with a disk-shaped city, connected to the planet by eight great columns of ice, radiating out from the city like spokes on a wheel. The buildings of the city are crafted of crystal and living ice plants.

Ice Whale: ▴ Regular Ex-Living World - Size J (54,836,000 km long by 4,828,000 km wide, 1.27g)
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 800 million kilometers (134 kVU, 44 light minutes)
    Groundlings: <<PIRATE HIDEOUTS ???>>
    Characteristics: ultra-gigantic frozen once-living whale-planet

TODO----------------------------

-2,-2 Squirrn

<<trade routes to Cluster & Abebl>>
    <<Coalition Information Network, Cluster affiliated>>

[[asteroids]] [[navy base]] [[scout base]]

System Type: Planets orbit independently of the primary around the primary
    Ibbuchikshee: ● Spherical Fire World, Size j, Yellow Dwarf star
    Sphere is approximately 850 million kilometers across (142 kVU, 47 light minutes)
    Stars are <<TODO>>
    Syrnth Crystal Shell Portal: The difficulty of piercing the crystal shell and the complete lack of natural openings means that the sphere is effectively considered to be sealed if the shell portal is inactive. The portal is placed on the crystal sphere shell on the same level as the average orbital plane of the planets inside. It has a standard double backup solid-state touchscreen interface in the Syrnth language and will operate itself on command, opening a portal for <<TODO>> minutes. The symbol series to take the portal from sleep mode to activation is posted on a plaque near each touchscreen. Follow the painted black & white checkered arrows from any of the docking bays to the nearest control room.
    Conditions: The Nuthutch as it has been unkindly called. <<TODO>>
    Spelljammer Activity: Farthest Stars political zone, Elven Imperial Navy base

Traveler's Aid Society Official Danger Level Ratings
    A. <<TODO>> Hazard Class <<TODO>>:

Reshgu: ● Spherical Earth World - Size D (5700 km dia, 0.5)
    Clockwise orbit: 100 million kilometers (17 kVU, 6 light minutes)
    Groundlings: primitive giant simians [<<POP>>, t1c1], <<TODO>>
    Characteristics: Rocky wilderness planet, hot climate, standard terrestrial geography

Reshgu is divided into two equally sized mega-continents; one polar and desolate, the other sparsely populated and covered with jungles and thick rainforests. The deserted eastern side of the continent holds several vast, mostly automated open-cast mines. There are very high quality radioactive ores to be found in the rock under the seabed, and a number of deep sea mining installations have been developed specifically to mine them.

<<TODO: MORE CIV/SETTLERS ???>>

The south-western jungles support a number of nomadic tribes of the Jala'lak, an indigenous native race of giant simians. Since the confirmation of the Jala’lak sapience, there have been numerous calls for the mines to be withdrawn from the planet, however since the Jala’lak cannot survive unassisted outside of the heat-reflecting foliage and hot springs of their forest environment, it has been decided that the mines can remain for present provided they do not impact any further on the natives. The Jala’lak do allow a limited number of guided tours into their forests and even to visit some of their temple sites (though not to enter the clearings themselves) provided they do not attempt to interfere with either the sites or interact with their way of life. The temples were formed from 0.5 to 1 ton stones transported from the Atlas Mountain range to the North prior to the forest shrinking.

Goyiarilt: ● Spherical Earth World - Size E (12,300 km dia, 0.9g)
    Polar orbit: 140 million kilometers (23 kVU, 8 light minutes)
    Groundlings: Ashdak Meshukiiba [<<TODO>>, t1c-], settlers [184 million, t4c2]
    Characteristics: Rainforest world, slightly acid rain,

Goyiarilt has large bodies of water, but its greenhouse effect prevents ice caps forming. With elevated ozone in the atmosphere the weather, world-wide, is always found to be clement. Goyiarilt has elevated levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, giving very mildly acidic precipitation. Both plants and animals native to this planet are accustomed to the high carbonic acid levels in the rain, but long-term visitors should take precautions against skin irritation and potential eye/lung damage. All major landmasses are covered by rainforest to the seashore. The atmosphere is humid and hazy, and the whole surface of the planet is subject to great fogs and mists, on a scale rarely seen. Ecologists speculate that the planet is in a minor greenhouse effect, apparently recovering from a major ecosystem overload, which occurred circa 30,000 standard years ago. <<SPECIES/POLITY???>> farmers and miners originally settled Goyiarilt some five thousand six hundred years ago. They’re self-sufficient, trading in spice, staples, rice and ores, through their two C-class Starports. The local society is both friendly and gregarious to travelers. It is recommended that you do not leave without sampling the fine ales and spiced seafood dishes of the northern climes. The economy is slightly depressed and many younger folk tend to emigrate for other worlds to seek better opportunities. Goyiarilt is also host to one of the universe's most remarkable symbiotic unions where the sum of the whole is so much greater than the sum of the parts - between Ashdak Meshukiiba and Spence's Dracaena Marginata Shrimp, which are usually only found deep in the equatorial mangrove swamps. The original settlers paid very little attention to the planets non-profitable resources, in particular they ignored the fauna of Goyiarilt. In 39972 Saloika Bremiurin discovered the true nature of the Spence’s (dragon tree) shrimp and astounded the scientific community of xenobiologists by revealing the first unique reproductive cycle found in over three centuries. The discovery came from a long term study of the habits of the two major life forms on this planet, the shrimp, and what appeared to be a distant relative, the Ashdak Meshukiiba or cow-ant a large, non-sapient insect-like creature standing at 2.2 meters. Bremiurin discovered that when a cow-ant did not eat a shrimp but tried to carry it back to the nest, an adult shrimp could extend nerve fibers that merged with the brain of an Ashdak Meshukiiba. This almost immediately causes its ‘host’ to develop true sapience for the lifespan of the symbiotic relationship. When the shrimp is removed or drops off (at the end of it's life cycle when it produces eggs after an average of 15 years of symbiosis), the Ashdak Meshukiiba will revert to being non-sapient. Ashdak Meshukiiba have a small (and slightly off-putting) trade in selling some of their non-sapient kin as food animals.

Trisgafgyit: ● Spherical Air World - Size G (142,000 km dia)
    Stationary non-orbit: 200 million kilometers (33 kVU, 11 light minutes)
    Groundlings: floater-glider carnivores [impossible to estimate population, t4c6]
    Characteristics: Typical Hydrogen Gas Giant
    Satellites: a dozen or so assorted tiny airless irradiated ice & rock balls

Trisgafgyit is an utterly average boring hydrogen gas giant. Now on to the good stuff. The Domination are a sapient, hydrogen-breathing species of floater-glider carnivores. Despite being contacted in 39,246 in Squirrn (-2,-2), very little is known about the species. The majority resembles 1m long, bloated stingrays with a number of tendrils located along the underbelly. Since then, Domination have been found in the upper atmosphere of twelve gas giants located throughout Squirrel (-2,-2), Blood (-3,-2), and Locks (-3,-3) Sectors. How the Domination colonized these systems prior to obtaining Warp technology from assorted shady dealers is a complete mystery. The investigation was further complicated by the Domination's natural ability to alter its own (and others) genetic structure to suit its environment. This means that instead of discovering a number of intelligent species of hydrogen-breathing floaters, scientists had in fact discovered a single species capable of altering its genetic structure. Even today, nobody is completely sure whether Domination society is divided into several sub-species or is in fact several genetically similar species. Each Dominatrix is effectively immortal, with the psychokinetic ability to alter its genetic structure at the DNA level. If a Dominatrix is injured beyond its ability to heal itself, it will split itself into two creating two individual 'spawn' each of which will grow up to become a Dominatrix. Oxygen atmospheres are poisonous to Dominatrix, potentially killing them within a period of two or three days. Within each Dominatrix are hundreds of organic ‘missiles’ known as Servitor seeds. If a dominator 'plants' a servitor in another organic creature, which it does by firing a seed from its tail into the creatures flesh, the seed will unravel nerve fibers which will connect with the hosts brain, nervous system and its sensory and internal organs. The seed then acts as a telepathic conduit enabling the Dominatrix ‘parent’ to alter the host organism's genetic structure to ensure the survival of the seed. Once biological compatibility has been achieved the Dominatrix will commence altering the DNA of both the host and any future offspring-to-be to better adapt it for the task that will be required of it. Almost all servitors ('mules') will develop armor and an increased resistance to ageing and disease within days of being ‘dominated’. Sapient creatures are extremely difficult to ‘Dominate’ and the psychic backlash can result in death for both involved. The easiest way to spot a 'mule' is at mealtimes, due to their unusual appetites - most will eat substances that should be poisonous to the creature's metabolism but are required by the seed. The seed provides the 'mule' with immunity from poisons as it constantly filters the host’s lungs, bowels, liver and kidneys removing any harmful impurities. Dominator ships are formed from genetically altered floaters, which have been interfaced by servitor seeds. The ship-creatures cannot survive in vacuum however and die during their maiden launch. The seeds enable the Domination crew to control all the bodily functions of the carcass, so that the creature’s life support systems can continue to provide for its passengers. The seeds also allow the crew to prevent the onset of decay and allow the ship to heal it. The Domination has been unable to 'manufacture' genetic Warp drives or fusion generators. These are bought from merchants and merged into the ‘ship’ body after death. The ships' organic nature also provides security through its ability to absorb intruders and dissolve them in a bath of gastric juices. Ships are also capable of being altered to create additional gas filled sacs on the creature’s surface, which can be used as additional cargo holds as required. The Domination are the supreme survivors, generally pacifistic and completely inscrutable. No one really knows what the Domination wants. What is known is that Domination ships have proved extremely willing to trade with oxygen-breathers for a number of rare organic materials and minerals. Research into the nature and motivation of Domination society is ongoing. Dominator ships only show up on sensors as a single alien lifeform. Even the illithid's NAS (neural activity spectrometry) sensors are unable to separate out the mental patterns of its passengers from the background thoughts of the seeds' telepathic network. The ships natural 'defenses' and the fact that the holds are filled with hydrogen also means that customs agents are less than inclined to inspect a Domination ship - in fact only the most dedicated have been known to even consider it. For this reason some groups have used Domination ships to smuggle cargoes and people. Be warned however, travelling on a Domination ship is an experience never to be forgotten. You will need to wear life support throughout the entire journey, the feel of the organic walls and floors are indescribable, and after the journey you will stink for months...

Manoh Field: ‡ Belt Earth World - asteroid field of assorted Size A & B (0-150 km dia) rocks.
    Counter-clockwise orbit: 300 million kilometers (50 kVU, 17 light minutes)
    Groundlings: <<TODO>>
    Characteristics: Asteroid Field
    Major Rocks: Manoh Prime, Manoh Scout Base, Olimei cluster

<<TODO: EIN NAVY BASE>>
    <<TODO: EIN SCOUT BASE>>
    Despite its lack of civilian amenities, Manoh is worth visiting if you are considering purchasing ex-military hardware. About the only civilian enterprise on the rock is Hargrave’s Army & Navy Yard located in the Olimei cluster, 20,000 km distant from Manoh Prime. Gil Hargrave is a retired Scout who’d been in charge of the requisition’s store for the Manoh Scout Base. When he retired, Hargrave elected to set himself up in business using his many contacts in all the services to buy and sell ex-military equipment. Hargrave’s does not deal in weapons. However, he claims he is able to obtain almost any other item of merchandise you could ask for, provided it’s been officially declassified. Hargrave’s is worth visiting for all your basic equipment – nearly-new tailored skin-vacc’s (Scout Service standard issue) can be picked up for about $20,000 thrones for ten; while high end PRIS binoculars can be purchased at $35,000 thrones for four sets. Hargrave sells nothing in singles and his discounts just keep dropping the larger the quantity you buy. Emergency rations are sold for $50 thrones per ten 30-day packs, however if you buy a hundred packs the price can drop as low as $200 thrones all in!!

Asteroid Field: ‡ Belt Water World - asteroid field of assorted Size A & B (0-150 km dia) rocks.
    Sinusoidal counter-clockwise orbit: 320 million kilometers (53 kVU, 17 light minutes)
    Characteristics: Ice Asteroid Field

Asteroid Field: ‡ Belt Earth World - asteroid field of assorted Size A & B (0-150 km dia) rocks.
    Sinusoidal clockwise orbit: 380 million kilometers (63 kVU, 20 light minutes)

Cometary Cloud: ‡ Belt Water World - ice ball/asteroid field of assorted Size A & B (0-150 km dia).
    Sinusoidal polar orbit: 400 million kilometers (67 kVU, 22 light minutes)
    Characteristics: Cometary Cloud

<<Frendi Marshikan -- Frendi Marshikan (which translates as Interworld Express) is the primary Squirrel Sector interface (local/small scale) transportation company>><<three orbital transfer stations with three torchships in transit between them>>

TODO---------------------------------

0,-1 Sword

<<trade routes to Rranthi & Hyrkul>>
    <<Franklin Armory -- Franklin Armory is a producer of combat equipment within the Sword Worlds (Sword Sector 0,-1). This business is best known for high quality personal armor.>>
    [[starbeasts]] [[artifact planets]] [[asteroid mining]]

System Type: Planets mostly orbit clockwise around the primary.
    Sphere has no stars and is approximately 600 million kilometers across (100 kVU, 33 light minutes)
    Conditions: The sphere is called such because of the planet Sword, and the two great starbeasts who will someday use the planets Sword and Helm to fight. An item called the "Key to Sword and Helm" last surfaced at an illegal auction in Vivec City, Gehenna (-2,7) a some months before the city was destroyed. It's current location and owner are unknown. <<TODO: ALSO GENERAL BITS ABOUT SWORD WORLDS VIA TRAVELLER STUFF>>
    Syrnth Crystal Shell Portal: The difficulty of piercing the crystal shell and the complete lack of natural openings means that the sphere is effectively considered to be sealed if the shell portal is inactive. The portal is placed on the crystal sphere shell on the same level as the average orbital plane of the planets inside. It has a standard double backup solid-state touchscreen interface in the Syrnth language and will operate itself on command, opening a portal for <<???>> minutes. The symbol series to take the portal from sleep mode to activation is posted on a plaque near each touchscreen. Follow the painted black & white checkered arrows from any of the docking bays to the nearest control room. <<TODO: CHOOSE A CORP TO RUN MOSTLY TRANSSHIPPING AT PORTAL, EXPLAIN UNWILLING TO EXPLOIT BY NATIVES AND UNKNOWN HOW SOON TO DESTRUCTION OF SPHERE, NEW MINERAL FINDS CAUSING MORE INVESTMENT>>
    Spelljamming Activity: <<TODO>>

Primary: Gallant, ● Spherical Fire World - Size G (134,000 km dia)
    Characteristics: hot blue dwarf star

Brandish: ● Spherical Earth World - Size D (6400 km dia, 0.7g)
    Clockwise orbit: 80 million kilometers (13 kVU, 4 light minutes)
    Groundlings: warlike <<TODO SHAPE>> [7.8 million, t3c2]
    Characteristics: harsh terrestrial world with a temperate climate, unusually small oceans
    Satellites: 1 moon
    Feint: ● Spherical Earth World - Size C (1300 km dia, 0.2g)
    Characteristics: airless rock and ice ball
    Groundlings: traders and miners [926,000, t5c$]

Brandish is a harsh, terrestrial world with a temperate climate that possesses rich reserves of metal ores and minerals such as feldspar, yttrium, and Bal'ta'ran crystals. It is inhabited by creatures such as j'kuutak and roggwart. The planet's surface features sixteen primary continents and a dry hydrosphere. The terrain forms include forests, glaciers, desolate mountains with soaring peaks, and immense waterfalls. Although many species that are less hardy than Brandish's native Bitthævrians considered the planet to be overly rugged, its natural beauty is rich and features gorgeous vistas. Xenobiologists differe in their opinion on whether roggwarts are an offshoot of the Bitthævrians or merely are visually similar due to convergent evolution, with an additional possibility being that the latter created the former through genetic engineering. The Bitthævrians are a warlike yet isolationist sapient species. <<TODO ABOUT PHYSICAL SHAPE>>. The sixteen primary continents of Brandish are each governed by a separate military force, which make up the planetary defense force known as the Brandish Militia. The dominant army on Brandish is the m'Yalfor'ac Order of the l'Quar'ta continent. As a warlike people, and their society holds personal combat in high regard and the species has a generally low opinion of the rest of the galaxy. As a result, the natives of Brandish are an isolated culture and almost never venture off-world. Exceptions usually only occur when a Bitthævrian is hunting down an individual who has either committed a crime or dishonored a Bitthævrian leader. Brandish population numbers 7.8 million, and each of the planet's primary continents is governed by a separate military group, all of which are represented in Brandish's planetary defense force. That force is known as the Brandish Militia and is dominated by the army known as the m'Yalfor'ac Order. The society on Brandish has reached the space level of technology, and metal ores and minerals, including the Bal'ta'ran crystals, are exported off-world. In return, medicines and high technology, such as computers and starship components, are imported on a biannual basis. Specifically, the m'Yalfor'ac Order trade the Bal'ta'ran crystals for second-hand military technology. One of the primary continents of Brandish is l'Quar'ta, the northern portion of which features steep mountain ranges. The headquarters of the Brandish Militia are located on l'Quar'ta, and the m'Yalfor'ac Order is also based on the continent. One of the Order's sites is a traditional battle arena used for duels. Just off the northwest coast of l'Quar'ta lay the Upper Bal'ta'ran Cluster, a group of islands that feature some or the planet's largest crystal mines.

Feint is a typical small ice and rock moon without an atmosphere. Significant facilities on planet include the ice refinery (for processing and purifying fuel) and the basic class C starport. Much of the worlds’ facilities are underground. At present, the foreign <<TODO: CORP???>> bureaucracy that runs the starport for the Brandish Militia exercises control. There is some unease at this, with suspicion that several of the bureaucrats are ‘paid men’ with an agenda of Rranthi’s (0,-2) devising. However, the world is a place full of hope, with an exciting buzzing atmosphere. Significant investment has been invited to develop the vast, untouched resources of the other planets. Local speculation about a lanthanum strike on Helm has been fueled by the fact that both <<CORP>>Delgardo Trading and <<CORP>>Sternmetal Horizons have recently set up local offices, and by an increased presence of Naval vessels from the bases at Rranthi and Hrykul. Starport charges are slightly lower than normal to try to encourage trade.

Asteroid Field: ‡ Belt Earth World - asteroid field of assorted Size A & B (0-150 km dia) rocks.
    Clockwise orbit: 140 million kilometers (23 kVU, 8 light minutes)

<<TODO mining/exploration>>

Sword: ▴ Regular Earth World - Size C (438 km dia)
    Clockwise orbit: 160 million kilometers (27 kVU, 9 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: <<TODO>>
    Satellites: earth debris ring
    <<NAME>>: ❖ Cluster Earth World - Size XXXX
    Characteristics: a thicker and richer cluster of rocks in the debris ring
    Groundlings: <<TODO mining/exploration>>

<<TODO: sword magic, attached debris, mining the debris ring>>

<<NAME>>: Starbeast - Size C (1380 km tall)
    <<NAME>>: Starbeast - Size C (1230 km tall)
    Clockwise orbit: 180 million kilometers (30 kVU, 10 light minutes)
    Characteristics: anthropomorphic rabbit and duck starbeasts

The two starbeasts are currently engaged in a eons old slow-motion slap fight. It is prophesized that at some time in the future they will break away to grab the planets Sword and Helm, to use on one another. At that time the destruction of everything in the sphere is supposed to happen and they will take their conflict to another crystal sphere. The assorted asteroid and debris fields are assumed to be the result of their fight wrecking one or more planets that used to exist in the system. Interestingly, both starbeasts show evidence of old scars that match the general size and shape of the mouth of the gammaroid in Morag (0,0) the body of which makes up Gamaro Base.

Helm: ▴ Regular Earth World - Size B (143 km dia)
    Clockwise orbit: 200 million kilometers (33 kVU, 11 light minutes)
    Groundlings:
    Characteristics: titanic magic helmet, unknown golden metal-like substance, 2 km long gemstones, <<TODO MORE???>>
    Satellites: earth debris ring
    <<NAME>>: ❖ Cluster Earth World - Size XXXX
    Characteristics: a thicker and richer cluster of rocks in the debris ring
    Groundlings: <<TODO mining/exploration>>

<<TODO: helm magic, attached debris, mining the debris ring>>

Clockwise orbit: 250 million kilometers (42 kVU, 14 light minutes)

<<TODO mining/exploration>>