New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Looking to commission a world map

I am looking to have a world map drawn, at least semi professionally. I've been trying for a couple years and my maps always look like crap. I'm hoping for it to be display worthy.

The map is for the world I've been working on for a couple years. I have a couple of the continents layouts figured out, but as I said I suck at drawing maps.

I tried using a map creator tool, got a couple continents finished, but really I'd love one that isn't computer generated images. So I stopped working on it. The image below is as far as I got.

https://inkarnate.com/maps/view/1186618/

The world is in the general layout I want, unless you really think you know of a better way. The unfinished areas are pretty much up to you how you'd like to do them. The finished areas I'd like to keep them mostly the same, I do have my drawings of those areas too, they're at home (currently not at home) if you'd need better references. The world is roughly the same size as earth.

I obviously don't intend on having you do this for free. We can discuss that over email or private message.
    Railak Sventar
    Apostle of Destruction
    4th Herald of the Aphotic Cataclysm
    The World's Ruin
    The Wake of Chaos

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking to commission a world map

Your best option is to head over to Cartographer's Guild, where they have a subforum dedicated to map requests like this.

It may take a while to get a response, but the community has a phenomenal pool of talent, and many of the contributors have had their work published in RPGs, fantasy novels and the like.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Looking to commission a world map

Okay thank you
    Railak Sventar
    Apostle of Destruction
    4th Herald of the Aphotic Cataclysm
    The World's Ruin
    The Wake of Chaos