New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Hazbin Hotel episode 1.5 (not for kids)

I lied. It is actually a music video. But it does provide backstory on some of the characters.
    First, a reminder that the series is 18+. In fact, this video considerably ups the game in that regard.

So, yes, not only has our friend Angel Dust carried in Hell the drug addiction that killed him on Earth, but it unsurprisingly turns out that consent is optional in Hell's sex industry.

Meanwhile, his friendship with Cherri Bomb proves even stronger than in the pilot, as she gives him a shoulder to cry on and later helps him take a small revenge on his pimp.

At one point, Cherri sings about falling in love. It is unclear if she is talking about Angel (in which case her love would be unrequited, since he is gay) or about this new guy she seems somehow connected to. The latter could be a relative, because he looks a lot like her, but then again the form a soul takes in Hell might not have a lot to do with genetics.

Of course, Cherri is dealing with an addiction of her own. That girl lives for explosion-based adrenaline rushes.

The series' main protagonist, Charlie, only gets a cameo in the post-credit scene, but it is poignant. Gaining Angel's trust will not be easy. But, eh, he brought his cute little pet pig to the hotel, so there is that.

Finally, I will say the animation got a lot more clean and fluid. Not that it was bad to begin with.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Hazbin Hotel episode 1.5 (not for kids)

On a related note, I recently found out that there's a prequel webcomic for Hazbin Hotel, also centering on Angel Dust. https://www.hazbinhotel.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    On a related note, I recently found out that there's a prequel webcomic for Hazbin Hotel, also centering on Angel Dust. https://www.hazbinhotel.com/
    Well, now I am angry.

First, I don't like when a story is split between several media. It just feels disconnected, and with potentially unequal weights on the continuity.

But more importantly, this comic is really good and would have deserved to be animated. I especially like how it shows that Angel would rather be a hired gun than a sex worker. As a character trait, I mean. Not saying he is right.

Spoiler: While I am here, I came across some great fanart for what God would look like in Hazbin Hotel.
    Show

I think the artist took Lucifer's design in the show and tried to imagine the father this character would emulate.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    At one point, Cherri sings about falling in love. It is unclear if she is talking about Angel (in which case her love would be unrequited, since he is gay) or about this new guy she seems somehow connected to. The latter could be a relative, because he looks a lot like her, but then again the form a soul takes in Hell might not have a lot to do with genetics.
    Do you men the demon in the puddle? I'm calling this one in the air, and with little evidence but I think that Cherri might be trans and the demon we saw was her.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Do you men the demon in the puddle?
    I do.

I'm calling this one in the air, and with little evidence but I think that Cherri might be trans and the demon we saw was her.
    I had not thought about that. It is certainly a possibility.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Do you men the demon in the puddle? I'm calling this one in the air, and with little evidence but I think that Cherri might be trans and the demon we saw was her.
    I doubt that, Cherri talks about someone falling in love and falling deeper into Hell right before the first glimpse of him but also references 'your money and power' the second time she reminisces about him. It seems pretty obvious that its not Cherri herself and my personal theory is that much like Valentino is Angel's boss/abuser, Mystery Man was Cherri's mentor/father/patron that she grew distant from when he fell in love with...something but he was/is the main source of Cherri's explosives.

Largely because it seems evident now that Cherri has the backing of SOMEONE potent behind her to go for turf herself after the most recent cleanse but to try and stick it to Valentino when Valentino is one of the overlords of hell that's close with two other ones when she's just some up and comer herself.

Also while I think the art for Hazbin 'god' is cool, I don't feel it looks like how god would. In particular it looks way too much like Lucifer and the Radio Demon. Its too overtly malicious looking.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."