New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XII

Ludo & Adelbert

"Fine by me," said Sam, very quickly. Meradell just nodded.

"What, just... let him go?" asked Moltke. "I mean... if you think that's best. But it just seems..." - she trailed off without the words to express her frustration.

"Herr Stubbs is right," said Jenssen, more to Moltke than anyone else. "We're four days out of Sarmeena. Three days out onto the sands. Now maybe if we stretch it, if we ditch the mules once we drink what they're carryin', the water we've got could last another five, maybe six days out here. But if we get lost out in that?" He looked west into the Waste, shook his head, and drew a solemn finger across his throat. "I don't know this Klammenberg, but whatever he's done, he ain't worth dyin' of thirst."
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo nodded. "We don't even have a clear idea where the pillars are, and if they're as big as Nath we could need a day just to find him there. Only thing we can do is head back and hope to catch him as he comes through. Maybe send a group through the desert to send a message to the Raven Hills in case he's going through that way."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo

'There may still be something worthwhile at the pillars even if we've missed Klammenburg completely,' Adelbert suggested. 'I can take rubbings and draw sketches of the layout - Verena may have deserted me but I'm not without knowledge.'

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"Good point," Ludo admitted. The carvings in Kheneb had been very useful to them... still the clearest idea of Nahorek's rise that they had. "But some other day, I think. Another expedition. Right now I think we need to get back home in case we missed him."

5. - Top - End - #185

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo

'Agreed,' Adelbert said. As tempting as the pillars might have been catching the necromancer was even better.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Urgrim, 20th Brauzeit

Angestag morning was bright and breezy, the wind from the west ruffling Urgrim’s hair as he made his way down from the Dwimmulhold. At the Temple, he found Hieronymus in the middle of putting on his ceremonial robes, two initiates helping the old priest with his heavy chasuble.

“Ah, Herr Jotunnsson,” he said. His owl flew down to perch on the head of his staff, and he fished absent-mindedly under his robes for something to feed it. “I take it you’ve had as little success as we have in… the matter you brought to our attention.” He clearly didn’t want to go too far into the details in front of the novices.

Listening to Urgrim’s request, he nodded. “I’m afraid I can’t help you myself… the Prince has summoned me to the castle for an urgent meeting. But I’m sure Brother Cezar will be glad to assist you. He’s in the garden, tending to the roses.”

Sure enough, that was where Urgrim found him, overseeing a trio of shaven-headed initiates. Leaving the most senior of them in charge, Cezar put on his long black cloak and accompanied Urgrim to the river gate.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can refund yourself the Fortune Point for the Charm test to get the priests to help - at this point I think the Temple’s pretty firmly on-side.

The flow of people by the gate was thick. Norten’s guards moved people along with shouts and curses, while animals brayed and carts rattled between the leaning houses. On an ordinary day, Urgrim would have struggled to make himself heard - but the black robes of a priest of Morr commanded immediate quiet and respect. Clambering up onto a hay-wagon, Urgrim launched into his appeal.

A good number of people gathered round to listen, slowing the traffic through the gate even further. A few shouted questions when Urgrim had finished - what the boy had done, who he was, whether there was a reward. A woman herding a pack of pigs claimed to have been present at the North Market when his horse had bolted, but none of them had seen him since then.

Their audience was beginning to break up and drift away when Urgrim noticed a sudden flow of people cutting across the road, fouling the path of the carts and hurrying into the narrower streets of the Old Town. Cezar stopped a ragged street urchin to ask him where he was going at such a pace.

“They’ve caught a moonchild on Bleak Street!” said the boy. “A mutant!” He glanced past Cezar, to where a man in merchant’s clothing had collared one of the guards at the gate and was speaking in quite agitated tones. “I want to see it before the soldiers get it.”

Ludo & Adelbert

Moltke and the Thorns shot sidelong looks at Adelbert, but said nothing. Who were they to gainsay a priest, if he said his god had abandoned him? Still, as the group made camp again in the lee of the rock, they seemed to keep their distance.

Setting his bedroll down on the pale sand, Adelbert did his best to get some sleep.

Adelbert Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though he had never seen them, Adelbert dreamt of the pillars. He dreamt of vast statues like the ones he had seen in Kheneb-Ptra-Urush, shattered and half-sunk into the shifting dunes.

On the faces of those forgotten gods, Adelbert read the same majesty, the same confidence in their unassailable power as was carved on the faces of the gods in the Temple; as had been painted on the walls of his old town’s chapel in Averland. Armies had gone forth and conquered in their name; now insects crawled beneath their altars, and the desert wind blew through the ruins of their temples. If he listened closely, he could almost hear their voices carrying on it, fainter than a whisper.

...mighty Ptra, lord of the sun and moons…
    ...thousands worshipped…
    ...palaces of alabaster…
    ...beautiful Asaph, queen of mystery…
    ...thousands laboured…
    ...temples that touched the sky....
    ...kingly Usirian, keeper of the gate…
    ...thousands died…
    ...gardens that shone green in the sun...
    ...for the greater glory…

The whispers had no strength to stay with him. The wind shifted, and they tumbled away like grains of sand, fading into silence. He was left alone with his thoughts, squinting through the white haze into the glare of the sun.

At last, a more familiar voice spoke behind his shoulder.

You see it now? The great lie?

Turning, he saw Tshula-Udiyya standing there, so close he could have reached out and touched her. She looked human - a beautiful, dark-skinned woman, wrapped in a blue silk robe that streamed out in the wind. Only the fire in her eyes gave her away as something more.

You are told that mortals need gods. That gods are eternal, unchanging. That service to them is its own reward. She took a soft step closer, so close that he could smell the incense on her breath. You are not told that gods need mortals. Because, if you were… you might ask what your god could do for you.

I would like to help you, my friend, said Tshula. There is so much truth that I could show you. So much we could do, together. She leaned forward to whisper in his ear. But I can only help a free man. Not a slave.

Behind her, the sands shifted off one of the fallen statues - jackal-headed Djaf, holding in his hands a pair of scales. For a moment, the stone jackal’s head seemed to shimmer and change, becoming the blindfolded face of Verena. The goddess watched him in solemn silence.

Marktag, 24th Brauzeit

Ludo & Adelbert

When the sun rose the next morning, the wind had risen again. There was no sign of the pillars on the western horizon - only a scouring wind that blew out of the Waste, white dust-devils whirling in its wake. Heads down against the flying grains of sand that stung their eyes, Ludo’s expedition packed their tents and headed back in the direction that they hoped and prayed was south.

It was a little past noon, and the force of the wind was beginning to wane, when Moltke shouted and pointed out west. Through the white haze, the black outline of a solitary figure was visible, trudging with slow footsteps through the dunes. It faltered, turning its head as if to look at them - then its legs buckled, and it crumpled face-first into the sand.
    Last edited by LCP; 2020-08-24 at 10:03 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo held out his hand for the group to stop. "This is a trap."

"This is a trap, and we need to set it off."

He hauled on the reins of one of the mules, turning it in the direction of the fallen figure. "Stick together until we get closer and then we split up. I'll go in closer, Rike and her men can cover us."

"Do you have... can you tell if this is magic?"
    he asked Adelbert.

8. - Top - End - #188

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo

Adelbert scarcely noticed Moltke's distance from him. He'd exchanged maybe a dozen words with the woman over the past few days. The Thorns made more of an impact, leaving his spirits gloomier than before and it was with relief he went to sleep.

Adelbert Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    He drew his eyes from the statue of Djaf... of Verena slowly, back to Tshula-Udiyya. He trembled at the soft voice in his ear at the scent on her breath. He had to fight the urge to draw even closer. 'I know this is not your true form Tshula, but you wear it well.'

He moistened dry lips and tried to regain his composure. 'Let us imagine that I agree with you about the gods... let us imagine that... how could I possibly trust you? You were free mere moments and possessed a woman.'

Marktag, 24th Brauzeit

Adelbert blinked at Ludo's words. He'd not said anything since they'd woken, his mind clearly on other things. Now he squinted at the distant figure. 'Maybe...?' He did not sound confident.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Awareness: (1d100)[30] vs 68

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Adelbert Only, 23rd Brauzeit
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't, Tshula-Udiyya smiled. But what great man never took a risk?

Adelbert Only, 24th Brauzeit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert could sense nothing out of the ordinary about the figure who had collapsed into the sand. If Klammenberg's magic was at work, he'd hidden it well.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

10. - Top - End - #190

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert gave a disbelieving snort. 'What would you know of freedom and slavery? You are a daemon, a pawn of your own gods Tshula-Udiyya. No, I'll make my own path without you and without them.'

He turned and walked away from both the djinn and the pillars of the gods, stubbornly plying his own path through the sand.

Adelbert & Ludo, 24th Brauzeit

'I cannot see or feel anything odd,' Adelbert said. 'Though we should be careful just in case.'

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo nodded and took a waterskin from his mule. "Alright, here's the plan. Jens, Sam, Meradell, stay back with the mules. Rike, you and your men follow the rest of us at bow-shot length. Me, Moltke, and Adelbert are going to be the bait in whatever this trap is.

"If Klammenberg shows up and we can take him alive, we should. If not... I'd rather he was dead than escaped us, so if you have a clean shot, take it. Jens, protect the mules. If you have to, get away and come back for us. But definitely come back."

He took another waterskin for himself and passed a couple to Rike. "In case we get split up."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    To clarify, that's

The fallen dude, Ludo & Friends <-------- Crossbow range ----------> The Thorns <--------------- crossbow range ----------> Jens, Sam, Merry, and the mules.

I'm not sure how many waterskins we have or how many is needed for how many people for how long, but let's assume Ludo is making sure everyone is carrying a little more than normal in case we lose the mules. Also maybe this isnt a trap and this guy needs water. You never know.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tshula-Udiyya's broad smile remained unchanged as Adelbert turned away from her. The fallen statue had reverted to its jackal's face, the blowing sand already beginning to cover it once again.

Think it over, she called after him, her outline beginning to dissolve into wind-blown dust. Her eyes remained behind as her body blew away, two points of fire hanging in the empty air. I've got time...

The dream dissolved into wind and sand.

Ludo & Adelbert, 24th Brauzeit

The Thorns readied their crossbows while Ludo distributed the waterskins. There were few words - they trusted Ludo enough to follow his orders without question, and had enough respect for their enemy to understand their urgency. Only Sam and Meradell seemed the least confused about what was happening, but Jenssen took them in hand with reassuring confidence.

Readying sword and shield, Moltke followed Ludo and Adelbert as they led the way forward. Behind them, Rike and her Thorns moved up with crossbows at the ready. The sand was deeper here, each step sending their boots sinking into the sides of the dunes. Ludo had an easier time of it than the two humans, his light weight and broad feet letting him walk over the surface of the sand where the tall folk had to wade.

As they drew closer, Ludo could make out more detail in the fallen figure. He was a man, grey-haired and olive-skinned, and dressed in hard-wearing travelling clothes. The pale sand of the Waste clung to him, giving him a ghostly hue - but he looked solid enough.

When they reached his side, Moltke hesitantly reached out and rolled him onto his back. His face was lined, his lips dry and cracked. Just below his ribs, his tunic was torn and stained with old, dried blood. A deep wound was visible beneath it, only partially healed.

"He's hurt," said Moltke, winning the day's prize for stating the obvious. She reached down and shook him gently by the shoulder. "Hello? Can you hear us?"

His sand-caked eyelids flickered but failed to open. He was still clinging to life, but it was clear to Adelbert that the man was knocking at Morr's door.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"Can you do anything for him?" Ludo asked Adelbert, unstoppering his waterskin. "We can get some water into him at least?"

"Keep watch,"
    he warned Moltke. "I think this is one of Klammenberg's Iron Company veterans."

14. - Top - End - #194

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo

'For the wound I can try but he needs proper shelter, water and time to recover, and even then...' Adelbert sadly shook his head.

Still he'd do what he could. Carefully the former priest checked the man's wounds.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal: (1d100)[73] vs 76

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The wound in the man's abdomen looked like it had been made by a blade. It was deep but narrow; as far as Adelbert could tell it had missed his vital organs. A makeshift attempt had been made to bandage it; peeling the blood-crusted rags away, Adelbert re-did it properly.

Taking the waterskin from Ludo, Adelbert let a trickle of water flow between his patient's cracked lips. The man's throat bobbed up and down as he swallowed automatically, greedily gulping down the precious water - Adelbert lifted it away before he could drink too much. He'd read accounts of men who'd been dying of thirst splitting their guts with a surfeit of water.

Weakly, the man's eyes fluttered open. He lay there for a moment, blearily trying to focus on the faces looming over him - then he tried to scramble backwards away from them, swearing colourfully in Tilean. Or at least, he tried to swear - his voice came out as nothing more than a hoarse whisper, his limbs too weak to drag him more than a couple of feet back across the sand. Still, he was awake.

<Wh- who are you?> he asked. <Where am I?>
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

<The desert,> Ludo said, in a late grab for the stating-the-obvious crown. <We work for il Principe. What's your name? Are you one of the iron company men?>
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2020-08-26 at 03:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

<Vico.> The effort of talking made him cough painfully, his breath coming out in a dry wheeze. <Iron Company, yes. From... Sermena...>

Wincing, he managed to prop himself up on one elbow, looking around at his surroundings. <The others... did you find the others?>
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

<Just you> Ludo said. <What happened? You were with signor Klammenberg>

He looked back up the dune line to Rike and Jens and beckoned both groups forward.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

The other groups hurried forwards. Vico looked around in bleary-eyed bewilderment as more and more faces began to appear around him.

<Clamaberg? I don't know... we came here with Keiner. Empire man.> He coughed again. <The old ruins... he had a map. But there were traps... one got me, right here.> He touched the wound in his side and winced. <The others said they would come back for me. I waited... they didn't come back...>

His words trailed off into coughs. <Water,> he begged, <please, give me water...>
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Very cautiously, Ludo allowed Vico to drink more, and gestured for some food. <When was this? How many days?>

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

Vico tried weakly to hold onto the waterskin when Ludo drew it away again, but the old soldier had no strength in his arms.

<I... don't know,> he said at last. <Time... what day is it today?>

He hardly had the energy to look shocked when they told him.

<The fourteenth,> he said. <We left Sermena... the fourteenth. Ten days.>

He reached feebly for the waterskin again.

<More. Please.>
    Last edited by LCP; 2020-08-26 at 04:56 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

<You'll be ill,> Ludo cautioned, <we've got plenty, you can have more later. Let's get you onto the mule and home to your wife.>

<Ten days since you left, when were you hurt? How long did you travel before getting to the ruins?>

Only ten days? "Keiner" must have been in town for nearly two weeks! No wonder Petra doesn't remember him at all, if he was keeping a spell on her for that long.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charm test to reassure Vico: (1d100)[93]

Ludo's no medic or outdoorsman but he probably has a better idea of the right amount of water than I do, being a son of the desert and all.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

<Six days... to the ruins. That's where... where the trap got me. Blades in the walls...> He smacked his lips, reaching again for the water-skin. <Please... I need water. So thirsty...>

Ludo was pretty sure Vico shouldn't have any more. He looked over to Meradell for confirmation; the veteran caravan master shook her head.
    Last edited by LCP; 2020-08-26 at 07:02 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"Is this-" Ludo looked to Adelbert. "Is this the curse? The disease that Klammenberg was putting on people, back in Savonne? Anything like that?"

In response to Vico's requests, Ludo called Jens forward, and with help from the Thorns they loaded Vico onto one of the mules. "Let's keep moving. Best thing we can do for him now is get him back to town."

25. - Top - End - #205

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo

'I don't think so. At least we can't rule out shock, blood loss, exhaustion, sunstroke and dehydration,' Adelbert replied, stroking at his goatee. 'We need to get him out of these wastes at least, you are right about that.'

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Adelbert

Slinging Vico over the back of one of the mules, the party continued south. Vico continued to plead for water, but his voice was so weak that he was easy to ignore. Even if it had been safe to give him more, Ludo was conscious that they were still some days from Last Water, and needed enough for all of them to make the journey back.

They got him to at least eat a little, though his throat was so parched that it seemed to hurt him to swallow. When they made camp, he drank as much water as they would give him, then fell into a deep, exhausted sleep. Adelbert watched him for a while, until he was satisfied it was a sleep from which his patient would wake. He had to admire the man's sheer resilience - most men would not have survived such punishment. However gullible the Tilean might have been to go along with Klammenberg, he was clearly tough as old teak.

To the west, the sands stretched on to the horizon, the sunset shining a deep, bloody red through the dust the wind had raised. Bedding down for the night, Adelbert tried to get some sleep himself.

Adelbert Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert dreamt of blue fires played over the dunes of the desert, fusing grains of sand into rivers of molten glass. Swirling up around him, it crystallised, block by block, into the walls of the great throne room of Savonne. Something rose up beneath him, and Adelbert found himself seated on the throne itself.

At the foot of the dais, soldiers in blue-grey tabards dragged a dishevelled figure forwards, throwing him down in front of the throne. A tarnished crown fell from the man’s head as he fell hard against the steps, rolling to a halt at Adelbert’s feet. Slowly, he raised his gaze to meet Adelbert’s.

A thrill of power ran through Adelbert as he saw the man’s face. Though his hair had grown long and matted, his beard wild and unkempt, it was impossible not to recognise the frightened eyes of Muzio Sforza.

Isn’t this what you want? spoke a soft voice in his ear. Looking up, Adelbert saw Tshula-Udiyya perched on the arm of the throne beside him, her eyes bright points of light in the darkened throne-room. Power? Revenge? She leaned in close. Aren’t you tired of living in other peoples’ shadow?
    Last edited by LCP; 2020-08-26 at 06:06 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

27. - Top - End - #207

BlackDragon

Adelbert Only

Spoiler
    Show
    All I have to do is nod at the guards and they'll drag him off to the gallows, Adelbert thought. All I have to do...

Dragging his eyes from the wretched Tilean he looked at the Djinn. 'Yes... yes, this is what I want. Once the vampire and his pet necromancer are so much dust there'll be a reckoning with the Tilean.' He drew a deep and shuddering breath and tried to rein in his emotions. 'But it will not come from you. Never forget Tshula-Udiyya I've walked in the ruins of the last people who took your word. I'll not damn myself for so poor a sham of power.'

He leaned in suddenly his voice low. 'Abandon your god djinn. Forsake him and curse him. Free yourself from your chains. Become human.'

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"So Klammenberg arrives in town at the end of Brauzeit," Ludo said, to himself as much as Moltke. "Can't have his forgetfulness spell up yet, because he's got to talk to people and make deals, and he's got no reason to think anyone will be suspicious of him here... so that's finally a win we've got over him. Petra clocks him immediately and sends Nobby off to get me. He spends two weeks there, and at some point realises Petra is suspicious... maybe he figures that out straight away and is just too slow to catch Nobby, maybe he doesn't even notice Nobby go. Nobby never saw him, so probably he never saw Nobby. He realises he's been rumbled and targets her with his forgetfulness spell.... as he leaves? Does he think he's got away with it?"

"So why be there for two weeks? Was he waiting for something... is there something he's trying to synchronise with? Nahorek in Nath, Armin and his men out there somewhere? Did he leave when Valdez and his men arrived? That would have been about two weeks later."

He turned to Sam. "What day did Valdez and the Brotherhood arrive in Sermena?"

"Either way, he waits for two weeks and then sets off into the desert. Finds the ruins around the pillars four days ago and heads in. Vico was hurt by a trap so leaves, and they don't come out to get him. Vico's not going to be moving faster than us, so must have left the pillars at around the same time as us... So we would probably have caught him, he was there."

Ludo fell silent for a moment, a slightly sour look on his face. With Elsa and Sieghard, he'd have given it a try.

"Either way, whatever's happening at the pillars, he's not entirely in control of it. Might be he gets hurt or killed doing whatever he's trying to do there. Probably not, though, and if he was waiting for something he won't want to wait in the desert... so he'll probably be on his way back, soon. And maybe he thinks Petra was one lone voice of suspicion and so isn't expecting anything, or he saw Nobby leave or Valdez arrive and knows we've got an army here. He's probably got to come back through Last Water, though."

He looked up at Moltke. "Right? I can't imagine he could make it through the desert northwards to the raven hills, so it's either that or head out into the swamps. So it seems likely he will be coming back, and we need to assume he knows we'll be ready."
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2020-08-27 at 03:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

He turned to Sam. "What day did Valdez and the Brotherhood arrive in Sermena?"
    "Um... I suppose it would have been the twelfth?" she said. "No, the thirteenth."

He looked up at Moltke. "Right? I can't imagine he could make it through the desert northwards to the raven hills, so it's either that or head out into the swamps. So it seems likely he will be coming back, and we need to assume he knows we'll be ready."
    "You know him better than us," said Moltke. "But if he left Vico behind, and we only found him today... he could be past us already." She looked over to where the old Tilean was sleeping. "Poor man can't have been moving fast."

Adelbert Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    The daemon laughed. You have so little understanding of the truth, she said. Does a finger forsake the hand? Does the hand forsake the arm?

The throne bucked beneath him, pitching Adelbert to the floor. When he looked up, Tshula-Udiyya was gone, and Sforza had taken his place, dressed once more in his princely attire. The Tilean pointed at Adelbert with a sneer, and rough hands grabbed him by the arms, dragging him away. As the dream broke apart around him, Adelbert heard Tshula again.

It can all be yours, said the fading voice, still whispering in his ear. All you have to do is reach out, and take it...

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm ready to move you guys forward to the 25th if you are - pausing here mainly to see if Ludo is thinking of altering his immediate plans based on this discussion.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"He left on the fourteenth, and Valdez arrived the day before?"

Ludo sighed. "Never mind, then. If he does come back, he'll know there's an army waiting for him, and if he's dodged them once, then..."

It hadn't been a complete waste of time, he forced himself to remember: Vico's wife would almost certainly agree. But that was about it.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm ready to move on if none of the NPCs have anything to say.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2020-08-27 at 05:40 AM.