New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default If you had to play yourself, which class would your like to play? (3.5)

Hi,

You are in front of your computer. A zombie apocalypse starts and you can be any class you want, according to 3.5 rules.

Which class would you like to be?
    Last edited by Zhepna; 2020-07-25 at 06:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: If you had to play yourself, which class would your like to play? (3.5)

Sorcerer or wizard I can read. I have a hard time reading my own handwriting. So if I had to study I would not level very well.
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: If you had to play yourself, which class would your like to play? (3.5)

...zombie apocalypse.

Zombies. And an environment without steadily available food, water, or medical supplies.

Think I might want to be a cleric.
    "Come play in the darkness with me."
    Thanks for the avatar, banjo1985!

Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 17
    Intelligence- 20
    Wisdom- 20
    Charisma- 12
    Take the 'What D&D Character am I?" Quiz!

Somehow I doubt the veracity of this quiz :P
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: If you had to play yourself, which class would your like to play? (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Edea View Post
    ...zombie apocalypse.

Zombies. And an environment without steadily available food, water, or medical supplies.

Think I might want to be a cleric.
    Ah, yes. Why fight zombies when you can just Rebuke them into submission?
    Clerics begin to question. Paladins fall. Wizards go mad from knowledge, warriors meet foes more skilled than they, and hunters become as monstrous as the horrors they swore to destroy. In the end, good intentions and grand plans get people killed. I'm not here to shape the world or punish the wicked. I just want to help people and get paid. That's why we rogues are the ones who survive.

Dealing with anxiety or depression? Try Lift!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, gotta go cleric with this one. Level one you get an ability that is pure gold for dealing with the most common zombie you'll encounter; the human zombie. There's also something to be said for what daily communion with the divine will do for morale and drive to make things better.

I usually prefer playing warriors but this just feels like a situation with a correct answer and that answer is "cleric."
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

6. - Top - End - #6

WolfInSheepsClothing

With my constitution being probably 6 or 7 IRL, there is literally no difference between a d4 and d6 hit die outside of first level, and my low hit point total in any case becomes a liability. If I get to start at, or have a chance to reach, a decent level, I might want to go druid to port an animal's stats lock, stock and barrel onto my own, although I can still somewhat do that as a wizard with alter self. In fact, I want alter self for personal reasons and my intelligence is probably higher than my wisdom, so...

If no-one else gets anything, healing becomes a concern, which immediately puts druid up a few notches, and the fact that druid gets the animal companion to do the fighting for them is very helpful I would say. Turn Undead is a serious point in cleric's favour, and the ability to wear armour (I own armour) without problems is a big point in the favour of cleric and druid (it's a sheer coincidence that the armour I own is non-metalic).

I guess there's some nontrivial argument in favour of shaper because astral construct is pretty neat I would say, but I think I'm probably better off as druid.

...dammit, why is the answer to "What class would you play?" always druid?

If I'm allowed to rebuild my stats, I can take a better constitution which might justify playing something with a lower hit die, and a good enough dexterity to avoid getting hit. Or I could be a druid.

...it's always druid.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Can I rebuild my stats according to some sane level of point buy and remove my homebrew/houserule flaws and traits? The ones that don't give me any feats or benefit?
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2020-07-26 at 12:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Zombie apocalypse? Hmmm…

HP don't matter - one bite, and you're "dead"

Turning is rough, because you've got to reach, what, level 4 before you can destroy / command human zombies. And it's questionable whether these zombies actually count as undead, which they might well not by D&D standards.

If zombies count as undead? Evil Cleric. Quickly kill enough random people to dominate zombies. Use zombies to kill more people. Repeat until larger challenges are required for earning XP.

If zombies don't count as undead? Arcane Spellcaster. Aim for Plane Shift to get off world, to level up for Teleport Through Time. Go back, find & kill "patient 0", save the world.

Really, I'd be relying on my non-class skills as much as anything.

But, given that any scratch could be fatal, and society would largely collapse, I think firearms, DR, and survival could be big.

Also good: Create Food and Water, Cure Disease, Raise Dead, Knowledge: local/geography/nature, profession(farmer), craft(all), and maybe even Speak Language. Although the ability to create custom spells tailored to your specific needs ("simulate inhaler", for example) should not be discounted.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Paladin. Tankier than a Cleric, with better sustain at low levels due to never running out of sword, and still gets healing, Turn Undead, and disease removal. Leveling up in a zombie apocalypse is going to go fast, too, assuming your survivability is high enough to take those risks. A mount to ensure I'm faster than the hordes is just gravy.

If multiclassing is permitted, I'd then grab at least one level in Crusader and either continue with that or go Ruby Knight Vindicator. Ordinarily, I'd say Bard 4/ Crusader X rather than Paladin, but for a zombie apocalypse specifically Paladin actually has better utility.

And what can I say? I like the idea of being a real life white knight, helping the helpless and kicking ass.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2020-07-25 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Warlock!

A zombie apocalypse demands endless fire power. You don't want to run out of fuel.

Spiderclimb all day long will ensure your safety starting from lvl 1. Later it gets replaced with Fel Flight for even more safety. Invisibility will further ensure the safety.
    Gets DR and a daily Fast Healing ability to survive any kind of injury you might take.

Warlock will keep you alive and is imho the safest class for soloing. Just combo Spiderclimb/Fell Flight with Invisibility and Summon Swarm (Raven). They will distract and blind your enemies, while you watch em slowly die from safety. Later you can nuke your enemies with Eldritch Blasts when you have better shapes.

And past 12 I would go craftlock, abuse WBL and craft myself into immortality.
    Warlock would be my definitive choice.

11. - Top - End - #11

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    Warlock!

A zombie apocalypse demands endless fire power. You don't want to run out of fuel.

Spiderclimb all day long will ensure your safety starting from lvl 1. Later it gets replaced with Fel Flight for even more safety. Invisibility will further ensure the safety.
    Gets DR and a daily Fast Healing ability to survive any kind of injury you might take.

Warlock will keep you alive and is imho the safest class for soloing. Just combo Spiderclimb/Fell Flight with Invisibility and Summon Swarm (Raven). They will distract and blind your enemies, while you watch em slowly die from safety. Later you can nuke your enemies with Eldritch Blasts when you have better shapes.

And past 12 I would go craftlock, abuse WBL and craft myself into immortality.
    Warlock would be my definitive choice.
    Yea, it's also good if stats/ability scores are ****.

Though the existence of large swathes of D&D rules working posits, if you take them at face value, the existence of the soul. Which can be... problematic for that class!

Or that we're all in a simulation.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Druid. Being a fish or bird most of the time alleviates the whole "Zombie" thing, and depending on setting they might not even chase animal forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done out my stats before and I'm clearly a standard-array commoner (8 12 9 13 11 10). That pushes me towards warlock, or dragon disciple on the outside.

That said, I could make arguments for a few other classes, like -

Factotum: My favorite base class, and int is my highest stat.

Cloistered Cleric: The best 1-level dip in the game, I can cast first level cleric spells, and I'll most likely die before I hit second level. (Failing that, I'd need to hit third level before I lost any spells.)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I played a game like this almost 20 years ago back in 3.0 edition. Not a zombie apocalypse, but the idea of playing yourself in a D&D world.

I went with a Psion to represent myself. Don't remember which discipline was my focus.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

I feel like the first few of levels would be the only important ones fighting wise - in a zombie apocalypse, your enemies are going to be zombies. At level 5 or 6 they're gonna be a non factor.
    Also, the question clearly stated we were sitting at our computer desk when the apocalypse began. No equipment, guys. You may have weaponry at home, but I'd assume it does pierce damage, and I'd assume you have no armour.
    Warlock would be a great choice, but it causes alignment issues. Cloistered cleric with devotion feats would probably dominate at the early levels.

However, if I had to pick something else, I'd probably actually say monk. Yes, monk. Take versatile unarmed strike at level 1, and you've got a slashing weapon always present. You have enough skill points to take survival cross class, and you get hide, sense motive, and listen - and knowledge (religion) for knowledge devotion if you'd like. Assuming you have decent WIS, you'll have by far the best AC around. You should be able to do just fine without equipment, improved grapple is going to be invaluable against typical zombie apocalypse scenarios, and you'll get good saves if that proves relevant.
    If you can go prestige, move to tattooed monk ASAP. Ocean tattoo will be the best ability you could possibly get, period - it solves all survival issues bar actual fighting, which again, becomes a non issue at these levels.

So yeah, either cloistered cleric or monk. Warlock if the DM doesn't care about alignment.
    Last edited by H_H_F_F; 2020-07-26 at 02:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Dragonfire Adept for much the same reasons as others have said warlock, but I’m thinking the dragon breath is more of a cone to deal with masses of zombies quickly and purge the land of their flesh. Burn it with fire it’s the only way to be sure
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

So, I actually found myself thinking a bit more about this topic, and about how I would proceed after level 1, all the way to 20. This build assumes I can still level up at least once or twice a year, even though all I can fight is Z. With that in mind:

Monk 1 with improved grapple as a bonus feat, versatile unarmed strike and knowledge devotion for my human feat. That should get me through level 1.
    The next 4 levels are ranger. Pump up survival, hide, move silently, listen, spot, and knowledge religion (cross class). Favored enemy undead is great for level 2, archery combat style will be somewhat useful when in range, 1st level spells will be great, and animal companion is probably the best thing you can get for my emotional needs. I think it's something that really draws everyone in when they take up D&D.

Then, 5 levels of tattooed monk. Crane tattoo, then ocean, then crab. No aging penalties for me - I get to stay as fit as I am. Ocean as I said above is obvious for an apocalypse scenario, and crab would be good when the main danger is the horde. Use these levels to get jump and climb up, and take mountaineer as my 9th level feat.

Levels 11-20 are all cloud anchorite. It sucks mechanically, but at this point that's pretty irrelevant. I get to keep bumping my monk abilities, which is nice, but I'm mainly going for immortality of the mountain.

I'm immune to natural diseases and aging, I don't need to (though I think I still can) sleep, eat, or drink, and I have no finite age. I can live indefinitely in my own cherished body - no need to become undead, or a construct, or the like. I'll have maxed survival and 1st level spells to aid others, and I'll always have an animal friend. This build gets me to make it through the early levels and get a nice life at late levels. I think I'm good.

The only risk factor is one of you evil cleric ****s deciding to nuke me. What the hell is wrong with you people?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

If I have to be me, I always say caster. The other classes tend to involve getting close to enemies, and that idea frightens me.

If we don't magically get equipment, that kind of rules out Wizard and Archivist. Kind of need a spellbook for those classes.

I hate animals, so no way am I going Druid.

Psion, Cloistered Cleric, and Sorcerer all seem like reasonable picks, depending on what my mental ability scores turn out to be.

I like to think I'm smart. But 65% of people believe themselves to be above average, so I could be wrong. I think this is still my best hope for a decent ability score though. Lord knows none of the other ones are above average.

Realistically, my Wisdom is not above 10, so I'll probably have to give up on Cleric.

My Charisma is probably 8, but there's an ACF for Sorcerer that lets you pretend your Charisma is 4 points higher, and I can work with an effective 12.

Actually, wait. I'm middle-aged, so I've gotten +1 to all the mental stats. That means the (best guess) 8/9/9/11/9/8 I was born with must have turned into 7/8/8/12/10/9!

The pestilence domain gives immunity to all diseases. That would be handy for typical non-D&D zombies. Otherwise, could I take the Disease Immunity feat from Heroes of Horror, and select "zombie-ism?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Can mystic and wildshape ranger be combined? I'd do that, after a level or two of generic warrior to get my defences on line. I'd set up for entry into daggerspell shaper. Spend most of my time as a chuul. Doin' chuul things. Ambushing zeds, and stuffing them into lobster traps.

Or maybe a vivasector. Zombie can't move if I steal its brain. Hmm... so many possabilities.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

20. - Top - End - #20

Cloistered's the correct call for a Cleric in this scenario. Kevlar's light armor and shotguns are (for this time period) simple weapons. You're going to want extra Craft/Knowledge skills for the low levels, and Lore'd be a life-saver all by itself.

Not so sure about domains, though. Assuming I start off at 1st level, I think I'd want the Pestilence domain simply to take the possibility of succumbing to the zombie plague off the table (I mean what if this ****'s airborne and not just injury-inflicted...).
    "Come play in the darkness with me."
    Thanks for the avatar, banjo1985!

Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 17
    Intelligence- 20
    Wisdom- 20
    Charisma- 12
    Take the 'What D&D Character am I?" Quiz!

Somehow I doubt the veracity of this quiz :P
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

Well... if we're talking about level 1 survival...

Ferocity, Spirit Lion Totem, Skilled City Dweller (Ride for Tumble), City Brawler, Barbarian, perhaps? That's a solid 'no equipment', SHTF survival build for level 1, and a decent alternative to Monk. Maybe take Track and a feat that normally wouldn't be good, like Survivor (+2 fort save and +2 survival seems like it would be very, very useful in the zombie apocalypse...). Though, that Versatile Unarmed Strike... might need that. Are we allowed any Flaws that grant feats? Hmmm. Can we change our blood type to Universal Donor? Because, if we can adjust our stats slightly via a new point buy, it'd make sense we can adjust our blood type, right? If so, I might want to get at least 13 con, take the feat 'Disease Immunity' (which might actually change your blood to Universeal Donor anyway!) for 'Zombification Disease' and help folk that way.

For another angle, is there an way for a level 1 Archivist to have, using only their starting options, the level 1 version of the spell 'Festival Feast' that Level 3 Clerics of Oldimarra with the Initiate of Oldimarra can have, scribed in their prayerbook? Perhaps buying and scribing a scroll of it to the prayer book with starting wealth. I suppose I'd need 'Apprentice: Criminal' for the extra starting wealth. Also, the exchange rate of D&D gold to real life gold -- how is that going to interact?

Alternately, if I wanted to dip 1 single level of Monk like some folk are suggesting, I'd go Hunter, Decisive Strike, Krabi-Krabong Monk, with the Track feat and Versatile Unarmed Strike feat. But I don't think it'd be as survivable as the Barbarian (more relying on wisdom to AC, I don't even know if my Wisdom is positive, again, will I be able to adjust my point buy? And Monks have less relying on hit points, a buffer of which will likely be necessary at low levels), and it'd be a bit less mobile (no Pounce).

Do these zombies count as Undead or something else?
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2020-07-26 at 02:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Actually… most modern zombie apocalypse scenarios have the underlying mechanics make it the result of a disease. If one were immune to disease (ie, a Paladin), HP (and healing) would suddenly matter again.

So, new builds (continent upon looking up Paladin ethos)

Disease, counts as Undead - Paladin of Slaughter 1 / Cleric of Taumagustra "19". Goal is to kill enough people to reach Cleric 4 to control undead (human zombies) ASAP. Added bonus, zombies shouldn't fight back against my undead, so lots of free XP to be had. Hard to reach level 19, though, without using Plane Shift at 10th.

Disease, doesn't count as undead - Paladin of Tyranny 1 / Arcane Spellcaster 19. Plan is to survive long enough to Plane Shift away to level up to Teleport Through Time to kill "patient 0".

Non-disease "on touch death", counts as Undead - evil Cleric "20". Kill lots of humans to level up before zombies come; control zombies for safety.

Non-disease "on touch death", does not count as Undead - Arcane Spellcaster 20. Strategy is to use Sculpt Self to get Permanent Animate Objects on a tank (Make Whole as needed) while still low enough level to earn XP from zombies. Drive over zombies for unlimited XP for Create Food and Water traps, more Sculpt Self, item creation, etc. Start little pockets of humanity with their own Create Food and Water traps (and maybe even their own Constructs).

Actually, that last scenario is probably the most dangerous; there might be a better strategy. Something where we get an undead familiar / companion ASAP, to kill undead for us while we hide out in the safety of our own… whatever.

Elder Evil "on death" zombification, counts as Undead - evil Cleric "20"? So, when all meat is zombie meat, alternate food sources are a priority. Skeletons to protect humanity's farms & Create Food and Water traps from zombies. Numerous small communities, so, if someone dies, they don't take Humanity with them. Maybe eventually pulling off a Miracle.

"on death by zombie", counts as Undead - evil Cleric "20". If only zombies can turn you into zombies, and only on your death, then HP, healing, and getting rid of uncontrolled zombies are all wins. Best bet here, IMO, would be to "take over" an island nation. Purge it of resistance - zombie or otherwise.

Elder Evil "on death", or "on death by zombie", counts as Undead - Arcane Spellcaster 20. There is no "patient 0" here; if research and Divinations cannot solve the problem, the only path forward is to flee and not look back (taking the Chosen with me).

23. - Top - End - #23

Right, so, what are the questions we need answered?

How is becoming a zombie triggered {bite/wound from zombie, death by zombie, death, contact with (non-zombie) contaminate}

Is it a disease?

Are the zombies "undead" in the D&D sense?

Are the zombies statistically D&D zombies (2 HD, partial actions, ignore undead), movie zombies (1 HD, immune to (most) damage, fast AF, ignore undead), or what?

Have I missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    I feel like the first few of levels would be the only important ones fighting wise - in a zombie apocalypse, your enemies are going to be zombies. At level 5 or 6 they're gonna be a non factor.
    In city-sized quantities? I think that'll flatten a 6th level character pretty easily.

If a single scratch is fatal, I think zombies will continue being an issue for… well, forever.

Also, the question clearly stated we were sitting at our computer desk when the apocalypse began. No equipment, guys.
    Some of us have computer desks at home…

You may have weaponry at home, but I'd assume it does pierce damage,
    That would be a problem, if I were using it on the zombies. *eg*

The only risk factor is one of you evil cleric ****s deciding to nuke me. What the hell is wrong with you people?
    You're worth XP.

More seriously, me as an "evil Cleric" would sacrifice a few pawns at the beginning to save humanity at the end. Heck, I might even resurrect and "hero-ify" those noble sacrifices at a later date.

Like… President Snow, I'm not wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    The pestilence domain gives immunity to all diseases. That would be handy for typical non-D&D zombies. Otherwise, could I take the Disease Immunity feat from Heroes of Horror, and select "zombie-ism?"
    Not so sure about domains, though. Assuming I start off at 1st level, I think I'd want the Pestilence domain simply to take the possibility of succumbing to the zombie plague off the table (I mean what if this ****'s airborne and not just injury-inflicted...).
    This is probably smarter than my Paladin plans… if I'm willing to be a Cleric of Nurgle.

Cloistered cleric with devotion feats would probably dominate at the early levels.

So yeah, either cloistered cleric or monk.
    Cloistered's the correct call for a Cleric in this scenario.
    OK, yes, some of my "evil Cleric" entries should be Cloistered Clerics. At least when I don't care about HP.

Kevlar's light armor and shotguns are (for this time period) simple weapons.
    I'm counting on keeping my existing proficiencies (and skills and BAB and…). Why Kevlar, though?

You're going to want extra Craft/Knowledge skills for the low levels, and Lore'd be a life-saver all by itself.
    Hmmm… I was thinking that they'd be important late game. Why do you feel that they'd be important early game?

… dagnabbit, do I need to add yet another category to my list?

24. - Top - End - #24

Kobold

Will the skill list be combined with the D20 Modern / D20 Future skill list in some way? Will any D20 Modern or D20 Future feats be available (edit: looks like there are no good D20 Modern or D20 Future feats, as near as I can figure, never mind)? Can we rebuild our baseline any (point buy, non-feat-granting-flaws, etc.)?

Because if so, holy heck, I kinda wanna be an Artificer, damn the early chances of horrible death, for the sheer long-term potential payoff! Will any of the D&D super-materials be available and scattered around the planet, or are we limited to 'normal' material sciences?
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2020-07-26 at 02:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Will the skill list be combined with the D20 Modern / D20 Future skill list in some way? Will any D20 Modern or D20 Future feats be available (edit: looks like there are no good D20 Modern or D20 Future feats, as near as I can figure, never mind)? Can we rebuild our baseline any (point buy, non-feat-granting-flaws, etc.)?

Because if so, holy heck, I kinda wanna be an Artificer, damn the early chances of horrible death, for the sheer long-term potential payoff! Will any of the D&D super-materials be available and scattered around the planet, or are we limited to 'normal' material sciences?
    If modern skills are available?

My first 6 levels in some order will be Marshal 1, Divine mind 1, Truenamer 4.

Truenamer works very well, because the zombies and civilians aren’t climbing in CR. So your powers should work great with only moderate optimization.

I can make any knowledge check in the 20s untrained, and much higher for my trained ones. I know where the zombies are. I know what the zombies are. I know the best tactics to use against zombies. I don’t need 8 hours of rest, or components.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Make me a sweet mecha golem and I will body guard yoir early levels
    An effigy siege crab will do nicely.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I rebuild my stats according to some sane level of point buy and remove my homebrew/houserule flaws and traits? The ones that don't give me any feats or benefit?
    I would also like this option. Having a 4 dex and str gets in the way of alot of things.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ranger lvl 1 then for levels of scout and become a swift hunter favored enemy zombies archery style something like dex 16 str 10 con 12 wis 14 int 14 cha 8
    Last edited by el minster; 2020-07-31 at 12:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    In city-sized quantities? I think that'll flatten a 6th level character pretty easily.
    If a single scratch is fatal, I think zombies will continue being an issue for… well, forever.
    I accept your second point. I was assuming a fort save or a will save or something, which is partly why I went monk - both are good.

As for the first point, however, I was assuming surviving levels 1 to 6 included getting out of major population centers. A 6th level martial can probably deal with 16 Z without being anywhere near overwhelmed, even if their CR is technically higher than hers.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd probably avoid Wizard for fear of loosing the one thing the makes me "not a Commoner Class". Unless I used a tattoed spellbook or smthing.

My guess is, as a Druid I'd be facing constant PTSD from all the unatural energy in the world.

So Sorcerer focusing on utility or Cleric. Cleric would be the standard answear though, as you can be self suficiant by level 1 (purify food and water/Create water) and can establish your own small comunity that doesn't have to leave it's perimeters by level 3 (Create Food and Water/Consacrate/Magic Circle against Evil).

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer