New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunt for the Hammer (IC)

Johnny gives an exaggerated look of disappointment at Thor's shooting down of his idea, his eyes are still hidden behind his sunglasses but you can feel him wink. "Alrighty then, if we're doing this lets do this right." He signals Walker to bring out another round, "Another drink to seal the deal, and prepare ourselves for woe and weal." As the bartender is preparing the order, he picks his case up off the floor with a flourish, a faded lightning bolt visible on the outside as he opens it and produces a guitar the colour of the sky on a stormy day. Closing the case again he slides it over to one of his entourage, "Nadia, keep an eye on that for me will you?" Turning back to Thor, "Don't worry mate, we'll be quiet as church mice." With a grin, he idly strums the guitar and an arc of electricity crackles along the length of the strings as the note rings out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by josienoms View Post
    "Well, my daughter Thrud says she saw something that morning, but for some reason, she doesn't seem to want to talk to me about it." Thor frowns softly. "She's a sweet girl, usually tells me everything." He then shrugs his massive shoulders. "Talking to Munin is probably a good idea. He sees pretty much everything that goes on in the Nine Worlds."
    "Hrm..." Joe pulls out his notepad. "As a preliminary note, Mr. Odinson, can you tell us what the security system was? Or was it in a more easily accessible location that day?"
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

As Walker served Warren his food, the youngest Odinson listened quietly to the conversation. Warren had only known of his divine heritage for less than a year, and while he was willing to help, finding out who stole the Mjolnir seemed like quite the learning curve.

"I'm gonna assume since you're here," Warren continues casually, "That Thrud is not in Asgard anymore, but somewhere on Midgard. He asked before taking a bite of the burger that he ordered. "Oh damn, this is amazing!"
    Last edited by dreamking; 2020-08-07 at 03:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "Hmm..." Niki slowly piano-taps her cheekbone as she leans on her hand in thought. It appears there is some external pressure on Thrud. A bit of self-examination also reveals Niki thinks that because of Thor being Thor and this not being Theoi. A mental note is made that she needs to examine biases when she has a quiet moment for herself, before they get out of hand. However, she has encountered many, many people displaying a change in behavior like Thrud. A private talk often helps with getting to the cause of this.

"How can we get in touch with Thrud?"
    "Well, I don't know where exactly she's gone. She left Asgard in a hurry after I last spoke to her. I asked around, and Heimdall seems to think she was headed towards Jotunheim. She's probably trying to see if she can get it back herself."

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Johnny gives an exaggerated look of disappointment at Thor's shooting down of his idea, his eyes are still hidden behind his sunglasses but you can feel him wink. "Alrighty then, if we're doing this lets do this right." He signals Walker to bring out another round, "Another drink to seal the deal, and prepare ourselves for woe and weal." As the bartender is preparing the order, he picks his case up off the floor with a flourish, a faded lightning bolt visible on the outside as he opens it and produces a guitar the colour of the sky on a stormy day. Closing the case again he slides it over to one of his entourage, "Nadia, keep an eye on that for me will you?" Turning back to Thor, "Don't worry mate, we'll be quiet as church mice." With a grin, he idly strums the guitar and an arc of electricity crackles along the length of the strings as the note rings out.
    "Appreciate your discretion. And I'll never say no to another drink." Thor winks and knocks back another mead. "And that guitar is seriously cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "Hrm..." Joe pulls out his notepad. "As a preliminary note, Mr. Odinson, can you tell us what the security system was? Or was it in a more easily accessible location that day?"
    "Please, Mr. Odinson is my fath-" he frowns. "Wait. No he isn't, he's Mr. Borrson.
    Let me get back to you when I can make that joke work. For now, just call me Thor, please."
    The god of thunder grins widely, and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, to get the last few drops of mead. "And it was only the best security system in the Nine Worlds! The thief had to get past Heimdall himself!"

Quote Originally Posted by dreamking View Post
    As Walker served Warren his food, the youngest Odinson listened quietly to the conversation. Warren had only known of his divine heritage for less than a year, and while he was willing to help, finding out who stole the Mjolnir seemed like quite the learning curve.

"I'm gonna assume since you're here," Warren continues casually, "That Thrud is not in Asgard anymore, but somewhere on Midgard. He asked before taking a bite of the burger that he ordered. "Oh damn, this is amazing!"
    "We think she's headed towards Jotunheim, but for now, she's on Midgard, yeah. There's a branch of Yggdrasil near here, so I'd suggest looking there." Thor takes a napkin and writes down an address of a nearby farm, before handing it to his little brother.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like we should get going sooner rather than later." Niki pushes herself upright on her seat. "How do we get in touch with you once the hammer is found, or something important comes up?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It takes Joe a second to remember his mythology lesson, before whistling slightly, impressed with the thief despite himself.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks, was a gift from Grandad. Tell you the truth I think he was just glad I wasn't another one of his." Johnny looks thoughtful a moment, "We think..." Shrugging, he surveys the rest of the room a moment, glancing over at the Alfar in the corner to see if they've been listening to the conversation.

8. - Top - End - #38

Warren takes the napkin with the address and tucks it into his coat. He'd never been to Jotunheim before and he was pretty excited, Ratatosk crawling up onto his shoulder at the same time.

"One of you has a car right? I had to hitchhike the last leg of the way here."
    Last edited by dreamking; 2020-08-18 at 02:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Warren takes the napkin with the address and tucks it into his coat. He'd never been to Jotunheim before and he was pretty excited, Ratatosk crawling up onto his shoulder at the same time.

"One of you has a car right? I had to hitchhike the last leg of the way here."
    Joe raises his hand. "Are any of you allergic to dogs or Cthonian wildlife?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"No car, I just travel by whatever means I feel like."

Niki turns to Joe. "Not that I am aware of." A beat. "What sort of vehicles is this?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"No car, I just travel by whatever means I feel like."

Niki turns to Joe. "Not that I am aware of." A beat. "What sort of vehicles is this?"
    "Larger van. Big enough to hold a Rottweiler with three heads and have space left over in case I need to transport a couple people around."

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    Joe raises his hand. "Are any of you allergic to dogs or Cthonian wildlife?"
    Warren's eyes light up, "You have a dog?? Kick ass!!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Warren's eyes light up, "You have a dog?? Kick ass!!"
    "Officer Myti. I'm going to put this out here right now though: he's not a pet. He's a working animal," Joe says, sternly. "Don't baby him on the job, especially because his right head is nervous and mouthy." To emphasize, he rolls up his sleeve to reveal some large bite marks.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Sounds like we should get going sooner rather than later." Niki pushes herself upright on her seat. "How do we get in touch with you once the hammer is found, or something important comes up?"
    Thor gives you a cell number where he can be reached. "Though it only works when I'm on Midgard. Otherwise, you'll have to do it the good old fashioned way: Prayer. I'll keep an ear out for you guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    "Thanks, was a gift from Grandad. Tell you the truth I think he was just glad I wasn't another one of his." Johnny looks thoughtful a moment, "We think..." Shrugging, he surveys the rest of the room a moment, glancing over at the Alfar in the corner to see if they've been listening to the conversation.
    The Alfar are far too engrossed in their argument to pay attention to what's going on around them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Niki saves the number as Ruby Tuesday, while considering whether praying to Thor would get her in trouble with Hecate.

"Alright, shall we?" flows out of Niki and into the group's ears in upbeat waves. She pays for her drink and meal with a generous tip while waiting.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny grins, "Oh I think I can come up with a prayer you'll notice." He looks around at his entourage for a moment, "We've got a mini tour bus, but it might be a little on the nose. I'll get 'em to follow at a... discrete distance. Should give plenty of time for a couple of rounds, eh Billy?" The last to one of the young men who entered with him, who laughs and salutes him with a beer. Downing his own drink, he stands up and moves the guitar around to his back. "Right then, so where were we gonna go first?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Standing up and stretching a bit to shake off the bad feelings from before she entered this place, Niki suggests "Why not start with that Yggdrasil branch? Maybe we run into Thrud, see if we can find out what's on her mind." She takes a deep breath. It's nice to feel calmer, more focused again.

18. - Top - End - #48

"I call shotgun!!" Warren says, putting some money on the counter and tucking his burger into a doggy bag. He walks over to the coat rack and picks up his coat and walking stick. "Any of you ever travel by World Tree before? It's pretty wild, so I'm told."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I call shotgun!!" Warren says, putting some money on the counter and tucking his burger into a doggy bag. He walks over to the coat rack and picks up his coat and walking stick. "Any of you ever travel by World Tree before? It's pretty wild, so I'm told."
    "I've done Styx-side roads. A tree is probably not any more bumpy."