New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default [IC] Acquisitions Incorporated - Mirabar (5E)

During your meeting with Acquisitions Incorporated CEO Omin Dran in Waterdeep a few weeks ago you were happy to have been promoted to franchisee for Acquisitions Incorporated new franchise in Mirabar. Finishing up your business in Waterdeep there was excitement building. Words had been thrown around such as synergy, agile workforce, upward mobility, prime real estate, that seemed to say a whole lot of nothing, but you were undeterred. This was the opportunity you had been looking for... a chance to make it big. A new franchise in city that desperately needed help in a multitude of ways. You can just see it now, the money will be coming in hand over fist in no time.

You report to your new headquarters... and realize that new is a relative term. The building is in fact, not new. In fact the whole neighborhood is a derelict commercial district on the outskirts of upper Mirabar. That is to say, part of the above ground portion of Mirabar near the main gates. This was once a thriving portion where many humans live in the dwarven dominated city, but it has certainly fallen upon hard times. In fact, in looking around the block you only see two other business that appear to be open. One is a tavern that seems to have a moderate amount of patrons coming in and out, and the other is a trading company with adjacent stables. Prime real estate your chuckle to yourself. Then you realize it is technically on Main St. Well, at least it has that going for it.

Looking back at your own building you can't help but notice it well, uh, it has good bones. It is a solid stone building though rather nondescript. It has other stone buildings sandwiching it on either side. You notice five other folk wearing Acq. Inc. pins just like yours as well as a sixth who is wearing an Acq. Inc. pin indicating he is your majordomo. The majordomo is a muscular middle-aged dwarf with a bright red mohawk and a large red beard. He stands as with the quiet confidence of a veteran warrior. He is missing his right hand and has a eye patch over his left eye. He is wearing a well tailored red wool tunic that is both stylish and functional. He wears dark brown leather breeches and supple looking boots. The only weapons you can see is a finely crafted dagger sheathed on his left hip.

The dwarf smiles warmly to all and says, “Welcome to all of the new Acquisitions Incorporated Franchisee's. I'm Risca Stormbringer, and I'll be the majordomo of the newly minted franchise. I've already seen the inside and I”ll be honest, its going to take some work to make it home. But, we have three days before we are slated to open for business. Shall we take a quick tour?”

Without waiting for a response Risca turns and unlocks the heavy steel double doors with comically large key. He gives the massive doors a push and they creak open to reveal a very plain reception area. It has slightly rough stone floors and mason stone walls. There is a cheap faded wood table with a small wooden stool behind it for a receptionist...at some point. There are four simple dining room chairs stacked up that could potentially be used for customers to wait as they speak to the receptionist. There are four doors to the right, each opening into a very average sized office, each of which have a very simple yet faded wooden table and two chairs, one on each side of the table. The left has four identical doors with offices outfitted the same way. Behind the receptionist to the left is a stone staircase leading upstairs. To the right is a door that goes into the back area. The back area has a kitchen with an old cast iron wood-fired stove top and a moderately sized dining room that has a large plank table and 10 wobbly wooden chairs. There is small narrow stairway from the kitchen that goes into a sizable cellar. There is nothing in the cellar, but a harsh smell of must, mildew and mold.

Upon going upstairs you are in a large conference room, but only a small plank table with no chairs in it. To the right is an area that opens into a long hallway with five doors on each size opening into a total of 10 bedrooms. Each bedroom has a creaky wooden bed frame with a mattress that appears to be made out of linen and filled with straw. There is a small wooden night stand and medium sized wooden footlocker in each room and nothing else.

Gathering everyone in the conference room Risca looks around and shrugs. "I admit, we have our work cut out for us, but given some time, I think this place has real potential. Heck, if we get big enough, we may be able to buy some surrounding buildings and expand easily. But first things first, we need to come up with a marketing pitch, some slogans, and the like. I have the funds to do an initial marketing pitch, some signs posted around town, a nice banner outside, an article written and distributed, heck maybe even enough left over to hire a bard. But uh, we have to decide how we are going to market you all.”

“Oh, I guess you should all introduce yourselves, I have your personnel files but uh, employee confidentiality prevents me from disclosing that info. Until I get the kitchen up and running, if you get hungry, Haggard's Place just across the street has solid food and ale that hasn't been watered down. The only other place in the neighborhood that isn't shut down is Goldstone Trading Company at the end of the street by the main gate.”

You have your work cut out for you for sure.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [IC] Acquisitions Incorporated - Mirabar (5E)

Arth was eager to speak first and started talking as soon as the majordomo stopped, ”Alright, I’m Arth Romero, I was told I’d be the decisionist. First thing’s first, let’s make a list of everything we need to do before we open. We need staff for the kitchen and front desk, as well as a few interns, then we should take care of the reception area, to make a good first impression for our customers, we also need to think of advertising material, we need something descriptive but not too generic. Once all the necessities are taken care of, we should get chairs for the conference room and take care of the mold in the cellar before it gets worse, does anyone have any other suggestions of what we should do?”
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2020-07-27 at 06:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

As they approach their new headquarters, Barynor can hardly contain his glee. His pale, slender face is creased with a bright and pearly grin, his mind still abuzz with the fascinating new jargon that he had already begun regularly rehearsing and making a part of his own lexicon.

His demeanor, of course, shifts dramatically as he sees the ramshackle hovel of an interior. "Oh this simply will not do," he mutters to himself as they begin their tour. While they walk, he pulls out a quill and parchment, hastily scribbling down notes of the various items in disrepair. The first order of business for any well-run house was, of course, to keep a cleanly house.

Accidentally brushing up against a particularly soiled tabletop, he grimaces to himself before quietly casting prestidigitation on his elegant, well-pressed black tunic. The only sure way to ensure that none of the... contaminant stays with him.

By the time they reach the conference room, Barynor has completed his initial list of necessary chores. With a plan in mind, he feels immediately more relaxed, and he once again beams a radiant smile as he prepares to get to this exciting new work.

"Barynor Brightcoven, most humbly at your service," he says while taking a deep bow, one arm across his chest and the other shooting dramatically out to his side. His voice is confident, melodic, with only the slightest hint of gravel. From his attire, tone, and rigid posture, you imagine that humility is not what he's feeling, despite his claim.

Rising back out of the overly-dramatic bow, he graces you all with a glance that, he imagines, fills you with confidence and a feeling of being truly special. "As I imagine we'll all be fast friends, you may call me Rin. I am to be your Occultant, and I assure you that, with my hand guiding the wheel, we'll have this outfit running at peak efficiency in no time at all." As he's speaking, he casually glides around the others. As he passes behind Geoff, he notices a particularly unsightly patch of dirt on the druid's back, and Rin simply cannot resist taking a moment to wash it away with an oh-so-subtle casting of prestidigitation.

EDIT: Adding portrait
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tuesdayscoming; 2020-07-27 at 10:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

He had seen worse, that is true, but he has also seen *profoundly* better. He shook his head as he walked in, and the unconscious process didn’t really stop until he was leaning against the walls as the rest of thr group made their introductions. He was wearing an impeccable black vest with inlay of an even blacker matrrial in intricate whorls - it was very expensive - along side a ruffled dark silken shirt, over which hung black and red embroidered robes, the subtle iconography of Asmodeus woven into the fabric; there was no need to be garish. This all contrasted - no, was enhanced by - his brilliant red skin, the colour of blood and correcting ink. He carried a heavy satchel over one shoulder, and a wand holster protruded at his right side, for easy drawing with his left hand; what else could he be but left handed?

“I suppose I’m next; My name is Hekit, of Megistus Hall. Before you ask, yes, *that* Megistus Hall. We have been plumbing the depths of the arcane and unfathomable since before...many of you were born, and I am bringing my considerable knowledge to this fine franchise. You probably heard that Omin met with Asmodeus, once, so I’m basically one of the family; don’t let that make you think I deserve any special treatment though. I’ll be your documancer, so if you are squeamish about blood please plan abead before you come to see me; all the best contracts are signed in blood. Speaking of documancy, I noticed there were 10 rooms. In the interim before we...expand this operation, I shall require two. One for records, work, and experimentation and the other for my personal use. If you require something destroyed, or a contract created, feel free to ask.”

The tiefling gave a winning and not altogether evil smile as he wrapped up, taking in the others around him who had already spoken and yielding the floor to whoever was next.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Simply dressed and somewhat shabby in her own appearance, unlike the others, Feng’s excitement didn’t fade upon seeing the dilapidated structure. It only grew as it all became more real. She followed silently, carefully and deliberately hanging onto every word Risca said.
    Feng listened to her comrades and waited, noticeably impatient, as their flamboyant introductions carried on.

Despite her stature she was shy and in a moment of silence softly said.

Im Feng, we should clean and get a nice new big sign.

As for slogan...

Her eyes fall to the floor as she scratches her chin and mumbles a bit with incomplete thoughts.

we fight, so you don’t have to... we bring things... get what you want... get your things.... get anything...

Then with a little more confidence she raises her head and speaks clearly.

The world is a dangerous place.
    Relax in safety while we bring your dreams to you.

Suddenly she did not feel her size. A spark of anger began to rise in her stomach and rage gripped her heart as she anticipated mockery.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hekit nods along with the proposed slogan. “I like it...only problem is ‘safety’. Yeah, that’s what our potential customers will *really* want to have, but they want to feel like they are badasses, too, not just us.”

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

”I also like the new slogan, maybe change the second line to relax here, and help us bring your dreams to you.”

8. - Top - End - #8

Barynor stifles a judgmental cough as Feng fumbles-out her first few attempts. But, as her confidence surges, he raises his eyebrow in pleased surprise. There's something workable there...

He reaches again for parchment and scribbles down all submitted proposals -- as well a a few of his own, to be shared once the introductions are complete.

* Acquisitions Incorporated: The Safe Choice in a Dangerous World
    * Acquisitions Incorporated: Excellence Available
    * We Make Dreams Happen
    * Relax, we got this
    * Doing what others won't

The list goes on...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Feng’s eyes lit up and her fists relaxed as she was both shocked and pleasantly surprised by the compliments.
    She thought for a moment wanting to carry on this contribution and not lose this unexpected luck and train of thought.
    We do their dirty work... they get the prize.

The world is a dirty/dangerous place but you still deserve your dreams to come true.
    Relax while we do the dirty work and bring your dreams to you.

She ends with a shrug then scoffed slightly as she fought back a smile from her lips, realising the rhyme.

Suddenly this moment of bonding made her feel uncomfortable and she quickly excused herself from the group.

This place won’t get pretty on its own. she announced as she began tidying up around her.
    Seeking equipment to dust and broom away the dirt. Wiping away cobwebs and such tasks readily available and achievable, never leaving earshot of her new comrades for too long.

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

”I’m going to check out the neighboring businesses if anyone wants to come with.” Arth announced, heading out and down the street to the inn.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The older man with steel-grey hair and a truly stupendous mustache speaks up then. You might have noticed him during the tour of the building. Maybe when he sighed, or ahemed, or possibly during one of his many harrumphs and snorts. Anyway, you likely noticed him in his impeccably pressed uniform with the chest full of medals...

"Well met, all. For those that don't know me, I am Colonel Rockford Files. Those of you who do know me know I prefer to be addressed as "Colonel" or "Sir". I believe my many years of service as the Quartermaster of the Axe of Mirabar may be of use here, both in the requisition of supplies and the current issue of a slogan with which to befit our establishment., He harrumphs through his mustache, making it flow like the golden tresses of a sun elf in a light breeze, "The girl's suggestion is almost perfect. If we make a slight change to the last line, it will be." His smile beams from behind the awesome growth of hair on his upper lip as he continues, "I suggest 'The world is a dirty/dangerous place.
    Relax and let Aquisitions Incorporated bring your dreams to you.'"
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Geoff was the last to arrive and, as Risca led the tour, he let the conversation wash over him while he watched the body language of his new colleagues. The place was a bit out of the way for his tastes but at least it was cleaner than last night's doss house. And nobody was trying to steal his belongings here...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesdayscoming View Post
    As he passes behind Geoff, he notices a particularly unsightly patch of dirt on the druid's back, and Rin simply cannot resist taking a moment to wash it away with an oh-so-subtle casting of prestidigitation.
    An amateur brush pass from the uptight angel-botherer? Geoff stood there for a few seconds considering this development and then inhaled through his nose. His eyebrow lifted slightly, interesting, and it saved him having to wheedle another favour out of Molly. He gently slid his pack onto the reception table, the smudges it left slightly dirtier than the rest of the surface.

I might be doing some alchemy from time to time. Does anybody mind if I take one of the offices with a window?

Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    ”I’m going to check out the neighboring businesses if anyone wants to come with.” Arth announced, heading out and down the street to the inn.
    Capital decision! Geoff slapped Arth on the back. Erm, I mean we should get to know our new neighbours, start off on the right foot and all that...

Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    Misidentified the supernatural entity doing the guerrilla laundry.
    Last edited by aguaracu; 2020-07-28 at 01:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

”Alright then, we’ll be back in a few minutes, we all know what we need to do, so this meeting is now adjourned.”

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

With the perfunctory formal introductions completed the group decides to begin preparing for the grand opening in their own way. Some begin cleaning, some begin gathering information, others get to know their coworkers better. All are perfectly valid options and will better the franchise in varying ways. Risca grabs a broom and cradles it in his left hand and begins sweeping vigorously, and rather efficiently, not letting his injury slow him in the least. He talks to Feng who is also cleaning way about his life and backstory. How he grew up down in the warrens of Mirabar, has an older brother who runs the city watch and an middle sister who runs the family smithy. He says that after his accident his brother wanted him to come work with the guard and his sister wanted him manning the forge. "But who wants a half blind one-armed watchman, and how the hell would I hold the iron in place to hammer it." he bellows while chuckling to himself. He also talks about his time in the Mirabar military before working for Acquisitions Incorporated. He speaks of various adventures and people he worked with. He stops mid sentence when he mentions Mendam, one of his adventuring compatriots. His demeanor changes and he goes from overly talkative to silent and reserved.

Arth, Geoff, (and anyone who wishes to join them including Feng) decide to set off into the city to explore. Right across the street from the headquarters is a tavern. It has architecture similar to the headquarters. There is a big wooden sign that swings from a steel pole; it reads Haggard's Place. Further down the street is towards the main gate is a large warehouse with a small office, and a large stable and paddock area adjacent for caravan animals. An ornate sign reads Goldstone Trading Company.

If you follow the street the opposite direction for a few blocks it gets into a more densely populated part of upper Mirabar that is human dominated. Down below is Mirabar proper the warrens, undercity, catacombs and deep mines.

DC 10 History check will reveal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mirabar has a large human population on the surface. It is almost exclusively dwarven in Mirabar itself, and the warrens. The undercity is where some of the shady markets are located and most of the currently operated mines. The catacomb and deep mines are shut off with massive gates and manned by the city watch 24 hours a day. People are allowed to come and go as they please, but are warned of the risks of doing so.

15. - Top - End - #15

Rin visibly shudders as Geoff places his visibly filthy pack down. Clearly, this ahem-"outdoorsman" would need no small amount of education on the proper means of comporting oneself in an organization such as this... A task for later, when they were all settled; everything in its place and in its proper order.

Though there was ample work to be done in their new headquarters, Rin imagines that his attentions might be better used in a tour of the local area. He will join Arth and Geoff on their tour.

Inspiring Leader feat: As they walk, Rin will attempt a rousing pep-talk, sprinkling in gently-pointed lessons on the value of cleanliness that he hopes will inspire Geoff. While it might sound somewhat tedious at first, it quickly develops into a genuinely rousing speech that fills Arth, Geoff, and Rin (as well as any others on the tour) with newfound confidence in their upcoming ventures. If they allow him to finish his pep-talk, each of them will gain 4 temporary hit points.

As they continue about, Rin asks "Well then, what shall be our points of order for today's tour? Of course, we should meet a few locals and extoll the virtues of our new franchise, hoping to drum-up some business. We might also benefit from securing a contract for our new promotional materials, including a handsome sign for our building, calling cards for marketing purposes, and a banner to drape in front of our reception table."
    Last edited by tuesdayscoming; 2020-07-28 at 11:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Rin visibly shudders as Geoff places his visibly filthy pack down. Clearly, this ahem-"outdoorsman" would need no small amount of education on the proper means of comporting oneself in an organization such as this... A task for later, when they were all settled; everything in its place and in its proper order.

Though there was ample work to be done in their new headquarters, Rin imagines that his attentions might be better used in a tour of the local area. He will join Arth and Geoff on their tour.

Inspiring Leader feat: As they walk, Rin will attempt a rousing pep-talk, sprinkling in gently-pointed lessons on the value of cleanliness that he hopes will inspire Geoff. While it might sound somewhat tedious at first, it quickly develops into a genuinely rousing speech that fills Arth, Geoff, and Rin (as well as any others on the tour) with newfound confidence in their upcoming ventures. If they allow him to finish his pep-talk, each of them will gain 4 temporary hit points.

As they continue about, Rin asks "Well then, what shall be our points of order for today's tour? Of course, we should meet a few locals and extoll the virtues of our new franchise, hoping to drum-up some business. We might also benefit from securing a contract for our new promotional materials, including a handsome sign for our building, calling cards for marketing purposes, and a banner to drape in front of our reception table."
    Hekit listens to the speech for a time, nodding, and then at the end says, “That sounds great; I’m going *that* way, though,” and points up towards the more human dominated area. He was hoping to gather attention and what better way to do so than get somewhere he didn’t belong?

“If anyone wants to come this way, and almost definitely get in some kind of trouble, feel free. I’m excited.”

He walks then towards the human dominated area and tries to find an upscale cafe or restaurant, trying to find a place amongst people to listen in. Anyone who wishes to speak to him (for whatever reason) he will schmooze and entertain, eventually turning the topic to this “new conpany” he has heard of called Acquisitions Incorporated, to try to get a feeling for what the general populace knows about it, if anything.

17. - Top - End - #17

AssassinGuy

”I think it’d be be best to start with our neighbors, we also need to hire some staff. Let’s head to the tavern.” Arth states, heading into the tavern and taking a seat at the bar.

18. - Top - End - #18

"A capital idea from our stalwart decisionist! To the tavern, then!"

Before Hekit heads off on his own, Rin will gently suggest that they stick together for the time being. "Besides, from the look of things, this town has rather... limited offerings. If I recall what Master Stormbringer said, this "Haggard's Place" may be the only watering hole in the immediate area."

When they're in the tavern, Rin will busy himself with meeting people, inquiring about local problems, and generally spreading the good word about Acq. Inc., the new problem solvers who, in a mere three days time, promise to rid the are of its petty and sundry annoyances!

If necessary, persuasion rolls to ensure that everyone he speaks with has a positive outlook on the new franchise. Where possible he always casts Guidance on himself before engaging a new townsperson:

Persuasion 1: (1d20+5)[23]+(1d4)[2]
    Persuasion 2: (1d20+5)[6]+(1d4)[3]
    Persuasion 3: (1d20+5)[13]+(1d4)[1]

If anyone in the group starts talking business or negotiating anything that involves use of franchise coin, he'll make sure the negotiator has Guidance up.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

...at least, that was the intent. About five paces away, he turns on his heel and walks back. “You know, that might not actually a bad idea. You all talk as much as you can about the company. I’m going to pretend to not be with you. You’ll all do half the work by being very visible! I can just listen. Perfect.”

Hekit will walk with them for a while, but then drop back to enter a little later.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rin gives a rousing speech that inspires the others while laying out his vision for how to proceed.

Arth, Rin, and Hekit make their way way across the street and into Haggard's Place. The tavern is warm and inviting if not a bit date. There are around 12 tables ranging from traditional four person tables to a few large ones that hold up to eight. There is sitting area near the fire place with more comfortable chairs that look towards a slightly elevated stage... well more of a wooden box that acts as a stage. There is a large mahogany bar that is well worn. 3 of the tables are occupied, two of the chairs by the fireplace, and 4 of the stools at the bar. The patrons are mostly human save for one half-orc at the bar. The bartender is a massive man mountain of a man, standing somewhere around six and a half feet. He has a shaved head and large beard. His hands look like hams. As he pours the half-orc a drink he laughs loudly at what was probably a bawdy joke told by one of the patrons. A very attractive young woman brings plates full of food out to one of the table, he hair as golden as the coins in your pocket. The server looks at the group as they enter and says, "Sit wherever you like hun, I'll be right with ya!" Here voice is melodic and sweet.

The group talks to the locals and most of them have either never heard of Acquisitions Inc, only knew a little of them, or didn't care much one way or the other. The bartender, Haggard smiles. "It's good they are coming here. Lots to be done and the watch shouldn't have to be tied up dealing with the kind of things that adventurers can do for a bit of gold."
    Last edited by The BBEG; 2020-07-28 at 01:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

Arth waits for the bartender to come over to him and starts to talk to him ”I’ll have an ale please, and I presume you’re the owner of this place?”

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The bartender responds to Arth. "Aye, the name's Haggard... Haggard Sinclair, and that it my daughter Hope." He points to the server with the golden hair who is busing a table at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

”Great, I’m a manager for the new business opening across the street, a franchisee of Acquisitions Incorporated. And I was thinking we could have some kind of a business arrangement, how much for an ale?

24. - Top - End - #24

Rin smiles at the barkeep. "Barynor Brightcoven, Occultant of Acquisition's Inc., at your service. I'll take a snifter of gin, if you have it. If not, ale will do just fine."

When Haggard retreats to fetch the drinks, Rin will cast Guidance on Arth in preparation for possible negotiations.

If the time comes for formal talks, he will use the Help action to give advantage on any social checks Arth makes, talking up the virtues of the new franchise, the skill of its team, and other details relevant to the thrust of the negotiations.
    Last edited by tuesdayscoming; 2020-07-28 at 01:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Well, depends on the ale. Most are 3cp per tankard, 1sp for a pitcher. Beer is 2cp per mug, 8cp per pitcher. Mead 5cp per tankard, 1.5sp per pitcher. Wine is typically 5cp per glass for the cheap stuff, I have some higher end ales, ipa's, porters and the like that cost a bit more. Most liquors are 2cp per shot, 5cp for sipping cup." Haggard supplies any drinks requested quickly.

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Arth tosses a silver piece on the table ”Mead for me, keep the change. Then we can talk.”

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Geoff gives Risca one final appraising look before he leaves with the others.
    Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    This was going to be an Insight roll. As well as a general assessment there is a particular question: what does Risca make of the new franchisees?

Inspiring Leader feat: As they walk, Rin will attempt a rousing pep-talk, sprinkling in gently-pointed lessons on the value of cleanliness that he hopes will inspire Geoff. While it might sound somewhat tedious at first, it quickly develops into a genuinely rousing speech that fills Arth, Geoff, and Rin (as well as any others on the tour) with newfound confidence in their upcoming ventures.
    Geoff listens politely and asks a few questions concerning the water and fuel supply at the headquarters and whether laundry costs are covered by Acquisitions Inc. Although he doesn't state his views explicitly you get the sense that he is not opposed to hygiene in principle.

In the tavern Geoff quickly gets himself a pint and starts talking to the other patrons. As well as getting a general feel to what's on people's minds Geoff is also trying to get a sense of who's hiring and who's firing and where the money is flowing.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hekit walks to the bar first, shortly after the others, and orders a sipping cup of the finest, top-shelf liquor that they have, taking the cup to the comfortable chairs and sitting area. He takes a seat there, trying to be as ubiquitous as he possibly can be, specifically listening around for people who finish their conversations with the others. If anyone tries to join him, he will order another glass of exactly the same liquor for them and invite them to join him. Otherwise, he will be listening.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rin's gin runs him 5cp and comes in a cup that appears to be made out of smoothed and polished horn of some type.

Arth gets a honey mead served in a ornate wooden mug and Haggard nods at the generous tip.

Hekit gets an 18 year cask strength bourbon finished in port wine barrels called Cherub's Bliss. It costs 1gp per glass or 4gp per bottle. Haggard is happy to serve a second glass and for the half-orc who talks him up near the fireplace. " The name is Harden. I'm an 'acquirer of lost things', completely legal I assure you. What about you?"

Geoff takes note of Risca. He gets the idea that the dwarf is fully devoted to Acq. Inc. and displays a confidence in future success of the franchise. Whether that is because of his loyalty of Acq. Inc., his knowledge of the need of the area, his confidence in the franchisee's or something else you are unsure. Join the group at Haggard's Place Geoff get himself an ale in a plain wooden mug for 3cp.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

“Harden, it is a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Hekit. Always good to meet another with taste, to appreciate this fine libation. Your health,” Hekit says with a raised glass before drinking it.

“I’m...something of a specialist in agreements; contracts and the like. It’s a family business,” he adds with an oblique reference to the horns. “Yours sounds even more fascinating. What sort of things have you acquired? Are you...and pardon my curiousity...currently hunting for something?”
    Last edited by Tycho42; 2020-07-28 at 02:27 PM.