New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb #108 Released! - Utopia Next - a Science Fiction webcomic

Hi everyone! I just finished the first plot arc of Utopia Next, the science fiction webcomic that I post weekly, and finally feel ready to let you know about it it here. I hope you like it and I would encourage you to give me whatever constructive feedback you can, as I am still definitely learning. As it is a story serial you might find it useful to binge the first plot arc on my website (it's free) but I'm also going to post a short plot synopsis below as well.

Also, if you're really into science fiction, most weeks there is a "Data Transmission" that discusses the technology or aspect of society in 2118 seen in that issue. I do my best to keep the science real, more or less :)

You can find the webcomic at: www.utopianext.com

Also, here's a sample of the kind of art the comic has! I'm fully a vector graphics artist and I am always trying to improve what I can do.

Here's a synopsis of the first 100 issues, which comprise the first plot arc:

Dawn Halloran is an investigator at the Department of Internal Security (DIS) in 2118, charged with finding threats of classified-level technology. Along with her team of various other agents, she begins by trying to stop a wave of engineer kidnappings by what seem to be an anti-technologist organization but that soon proves to have very SUPRA-technological backing. Being used to having the tech edge in all matters, DIS quickly finds itself having some serious disadvantages and dealing with unexpected threats. However, DIS has finally managed to capture the apparent leader of said anti-technologist organization but is aware that they still have a lot more work to do... and are about to find out just how in the dark they really are.

For recent comic issues, please see the updates below:

#101 - "Master of Stealth" - You can't keep a good assassin down... or, apparently, out.
    #102 - "In and Out" - Dawn would have asked if Kelly was serious... but Kelly's always serious.
    #103 - "Unknown Causes" - They may not know what caused this yet, but they do know how they intend to find out.
    #104 - "Testing the enemy" - Talk about getting burned by a bad decision!
    #105 - "Untested Approach" - That which has not been tested might just have unpredictable results.
    #106 - "Secret Weapon" - It's so secret, even Ellie seems surprised by it.
    #107 - "Stonewalled" - Of all the things Dawn can't believe lately, this one might just top the list.

NEW ISSUE! - #108 - "Off the Record" - It's hard to have a private conversation with someone with cameras in their eyes.

To view the comic on my main website and to see the weekly data transmission, click here!

Please comment on these issues, as I want to know what you think about them. Thank you!
    Last edited by UtopiaNext; 2020-09-09 at 08:51 PM.