New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default FF7 Remake Playthrough Recommendation

I'd like to watch the Final Fantasy 7 remake on Youtube. (Beyond not having the system for it or time to really play it, I don't think I could stand playing it as live combat instead of turn-based.) I see there's several "no commentary" ones, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good one with these points

--no commentary
    --not a speed run
    --takes the time to talk to NPCs in towns to hear conversation
    --does side quests
    --decent to good video quality
    --decent to good 'competence' of play, in that they don't die a lot or have to redo things a lot

Mostly hoping someone here has seen a good one and can recommend it, so I don't waste time "shopping" around skimming videoes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: FF7 Remake Playthrough Recommendation

Except for the no commentary part, I got all the rest from Maximilian_dood

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Except for the no commentary part, I got all the rest from Maximilian_dood
    Seconded. I don't ordinarily watch other peoples' playthroughs of... well, most any game, honestly (so I can't recommend any other playthrough of this, with or without commentary), but having been a subscriber to Max's channel for almost a decade and knowing he's a massive FF7 fanboy who's been looking forward to Remake since it was announced, I had to watch his playthrough of it after finishing my own. And he does not disappoint - takes his time to see every little thing he can find, points out small details they preserved from the original that I could never have caught even if I had fully played the original before Remake, and you can just tell throughout how much he is loving the entire game. And I mean, hell, he's someone who counts FF7 as his favorite game ever but who also loves action games, so it's not even much exaggeration to say that the game was practically made for him.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-07-30 at 03:42 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll check out that channel. I usually find commentary distracting (except for StephenPlays for some reason), but I know I can do okay with it sometimes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'll check out that channel. I usually find commentary distracting (except for StephenPlays for some reason), but I know I can do okay with it sometimes.
    Gotcha covered