New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 5

Chocolate went right for the bed and started snacking while Vomiting found a nice red robe with a fine purple chlamys over it and draped them both over Sirthis. "How is this?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked himself over in the mirror.
    "Yup, this is good. Guess I should forgo the cape" he nodded, and started dressing with Vomy's help only carrying a few things- Sune's symbol, the druidic bell, his bardic focus, the component pouch and a small pouch of gold for Chocolate. So that if he had troubles he would still be ready. Oh, pen and paper. Who knows, can always be useful.
    "Chocolate, you ready?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate got out from under the bed. "Yeah. Where are we going?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

"To Mab's studio, Gloriana's coming. Thanks for the help, [Vomiting Up Saltwater]" Sirthis said, leaving once he was ready to go to Mab.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    From now on, square parenthesis while speaking is Aquan.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooh! You should drop me down Gloriana's dress and I'll wriggle around!" Chocolate said, perching on Sirthis's shoulder.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis thought about it.
    "That's actually a pretty nice idea" he pondered imagining it "Feel free to take the chance if it happens. But if someone asks, I'm totally innocent and you are just being playful" he snickered thinking that turning into a lizard and getting dropped by Chocolate wasn't a terrible idea either. He was gonna have to do it to Mab eventually.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-10 at 06:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

"Front or back?" Chocolate asked as the fly returned and led Sirthis to the Ice Arena where dinner was being distributed. He watched as Nidhiki, the Purple dragon, flew in with the sylph on his back. The purple dragon snorted at Helryx as Gloriana dismounted, smiling to Mab on her throne and then Sirthis. "Master Elvannin! Queen Mab! Such a lovely thing to see you both again!"

"Grub's up!" A satyr said, knocking on the guest room.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

"Back makes it harder to pull you out, front's softer. Surprise me" Sirthis replied, following into the arena.
    "Queen Gloriana, always a pleasure to see you. I trust you had a good flight?" he said, taking her hand to kiss it with a bow before looking at Mab.

I hope my outfit is of your liking.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, I prefer you out of it. But Mab was smiling at him.

Chocolate stared at Gloriana carefully as she smiled to Sirthis.
    "Oh, always,"
    Gloriana said with a smile at her dragon.
    "And where are the Lelahinns?"

Leff looked up at the knocking. "It's dinnertime!" she said, hurrying to dress.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

"I imagine they'll be here shortly. We've had... A full day" Sirthis snickered leaning closer to whisper and give Chocolate a better chance "Something something about pissing off Helryx. Should ask them for details"

Eris waved lazily, then realized what was happening and scrambled for her clothes.
    "Forget the armor!" she said hurrying outside once dressed.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-10 at 07:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate eyed Sirthis and squirmed into Gloriana's dress at the back, wriggling for all he was worth. Gloriana's eyes widened and in a scattering of feathers she vanished and reappeared thirty feet away from Chocolate. Feathers shot out of her wings as she turned them sharply toward the faerie dragon, ripping it apart with the feathers that hit it and... disintegrated it. Her eyes were wild and panicked as she looked about. "What was that?" she demanded.
    "I've no clue," Mab answered, having not moved from her throne. She fought to repress a smile.

Leff nodded and followed Eris as they ran for the dining hall.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-08-10 at 07:23 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis jumped back almost scared from the sudden jump. And also having a hard time laughing, mitigated by the fact that Chocolate was not going to be happy when he got back. Or maybe he was going to be, that prank had been a success one way or the other.
    "He... Was... My butterdragon. Was is a pretty good word, he went puff" Sirthis poked one of the feathers "That was pretty awesome. The feather part, I of course can't possibly condone such a childish prank and have no idea how could he have possibly thought of such a thing on his own, nor have I ever thought of doing the same to anybody while turning into a lizard or a mouse. I would at least pick the front" he said purposefully using the least convincing tone of voice possible.
    "I may need some incense and a bracer later. Can I keep one of the feathers? They look cool and totally aren't going to be used when I chastize Chocolate for his awful, awful behavior" well, he wasn't going to chastize Chocolate. He was going to make a golden statuette for him as dessert.

To be faster, Eris lifted Leff in her arms and run through the hallways.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-10 at 07:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Gloriana eyed Sirthis with a fury that slowly defused into her usual reserved calmness as she swallowed. "Yes, of course," she said, managing her even tone. She then looked up at the tiefling carrying a giggling genasi in.
    "Ah, here we are."

"Please, allow me to have them seated next to you during this meal."
    "My thanks,"
    Gloriana responded.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis dared not to giggle.
    "Thank you" he told Gloriana with a smile before walking to Mab.

That? Was way beyond my expectations. Not that I admit to anything.

When Eris runned into the arena she almost tripped trying to halt.
    "We're... Not late... I hope..." she said slowly, putting Leff on her feet while catching her breath.
    "Queen Mab, Queen Gloriana" she gave them a bow, noting the feathers.

Is Gloriana... Moulting?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Just wait and see what Chocolate thinks.
    Mab looked up to Eris. "Not at all. Gloriana, please accept the other head of the table. And Missuses Lelahinn, won't you join her?" she invited. Gloriana walked - somewhat stiffly, Eris noted - to her seat and took it.
    "Congratulations on the baby, by the way,"
    she said to both Mab and Sirthis.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

"We'd be happy to" Eris nodded, leading the way to sit next to Gloriana, somewhat confused.

"Thank you. She's a daughter- we called her Clephesia" Sirthis replied smiling warmly and taking his petal trone next to Mab, squeezing her hand.

When she had the chance, Eris whispered to Gloriana "Is everything alright? Your walk looked slightly... Off" and she's losing feathers.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Mab pulled Sirthis's hand so it rested on her belly. "And she can't wait to meet her daddy," she said, forgetting she was a queen for just a moment.

Gloriana actually smiled, and seemed to come back into herself fully.
    "Just a harmless prank,"
    she said to Eris as pheasant, grapes, and leaf shavings were served.
    "Please, tell me all about your journey."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis smiled and gave Mab a kiss on the cheek.
    "I love you" he whispered "you both"

Eris nodded, waiting for the queens to start eating but still eyeing the food hungrily.
    "I can imagine. Well, we left with Sirthis, Hoket, Zenov -you may remember the latter, he was his best man- and Sirthis' family for the crossing to go on Toril. We encountered trouble immediately, werewolves with some sort of illness tried to attack us, even taking Clephesia hostage- his sister" she looked on to the half-elf "He really doesn't take well when you hurt his family, I have to admit. Be it a werewolf or a god. Aaanyway, we dispatched them permanently and reached the crossing in whatever was called the place and emerged on Toril, in the nort. Wow was it cold- we discovered we wouldn't get help from the natives pretty fast seeing how we could barely talk to them, so we went on until we met a hag that offered us to talk to giants to get us all mounts in exchange for..." Eris cleared her throat "His sister. Sirthis refused. We found refuge in a bear's cave -our druids convinced the momma bear to let us stay- and next day me and Leff flew on Sirtagle, his eagle name, to the sky after the bear told us where the giants could be found. Good thing Leff speaks Ignan or we'd have been in trouble. Anyway, we were introduced to the Storm King, Hekatomb, who told us he'd hear our request if I could beat his champion, a fire giant covered in armor from head to toe using two shield pouring lava through spikes. Well... I won. I broke them apart and when he tried to disarm me Boss' power let me recover the weapon, so he was forced to surrender. The giants gave us wyvern mounts for everybody to fly rapidly away with and also gave me and Leff an eg- oh!" she looked at Gloriana "Right. We have a wyvern called Aklah. Will that be a problem? She already received a severe scolding after she challenged Helryx and me and Sirthis had to calm the dragon down -he bribed her- but she's still a wyvern. Plus, she's still only slightly more then a week old so pretty excited and careless"

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Mab grabbed a kiss on the lips while he was offering and then allowed the elementals to feed her, smiling up at her husband like a schoolgirl with a crush.

"And did you find Meryatum? Was she helpful?" Gloriana asked, nodding politely as Eris spoke.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

"Actually" Sirthis asked in Auran to the elementals "Do you mind if I do that this time?" he nodded to the food they were feeding Mab.

Eris frowned a bit having her question ignored, but nodded figuring Aklah was no big deal then.
    "Well yes, otherwise we couldn't have Sent you your words from the future. She did test us with a riddle first. We discovered we couldn't kill our target in the future because it would require us to do nothing for five years, but... We found out Tharizdun would have gotten to Toril in the future, so it was incredibly helpful, thanks" she hummed for the taste of the food "Oh, uhm, just in case, no problem about Tharizdun. We destroyed Cania along with him. Well, we destroyed him and Cania was collateral damage" she sighed "My poor weapon"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Mab dismissed the elementals immediately. "Please," she said.

"Yes, I was hoping to ask you about that... about... how Cania was destroyed. But perhaps we can save such talk for when you become my guest," Gloriana said. "You and your family, of course. Tell me, are you finding yourself in need of a new weapon?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis smiled, picking up the cutlery to cut her food.
    "Anything for my Queen. Open wide" he said half singing, putting the piece of meat in her mouth when allowed.

I'm guessing it's a bit too much to feed you with my mouth right now.

"Yes. Well, I do have weapons, but I found out that a magic weapon works way better" Eris nodded "At least not an axe. Greatswords and mauls work much better"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    "Axes have a lame d12 instead of 2d6. Pfffft"

Also is Malyanna there too somewhere? Yes, right?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-10 at 11:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Is it? Mab asked, tapping her earring as she ate. Then she shook her head, clearing it. Yes, it is. Perhaps I'll have dessert stored for later.

"Well, I believe I have something you'd quite like in my collection. I hesitate to let it go, but I doubt I can even awaken it. One requires a certain... ancestry, I suppose." Gloriana took a sip of fruit juice. "Oh, Her Majesty has an exceptional cook."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You don't see her.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

A marvelous idea, my love.

Sirthis smiled, looked around and took the time for a Sending while eating and feeding Mab.
    Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    Everything alright? I can't see you here at dinner. Gloriana's here.

"Indeed. I also really like the job her fire elementals do. Well, Leff says the hot baths are mundane heating, I rest my case that it's heated through fire elementals kept drunk and placid by fueling them with booze" Eris said, giggling at the idea "And... If you're hesitant no need to force yourself in giving it. It's not like I need a magical weapon to fight. I do thank you for the offer and am clearly interested. I'm guessing the ancestry implies tails?" her tip slided up to wave before going to its most comfortable place- around Leff's waist.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    Oh, I'll be right there. I just ran into Borra.

"Yes," Gloriana said as Leff looked down at the tail, trying to focus on her food. "I believe the blade was forged by Mephistopholes for himself, but it needs fiendish blood to awaken."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis shrugged and focused on the meal. Malyanna was under surveillance, so was Borra somehow- he assumed that was enough to intercept any possible problem.

"Oh... Uh... Is it an evil weapon? That'd be a problem. Of course, I mean explicitely evil- if it's just a magic weapon with no particular impact on its wielder nor particularly unpleasant effects, not an issue" Eris inquired casting a smile at Leff "As for Cania... Well, while fighting Tharizdun Leff cleared the way for me to get to his forehead -I was riding a silver dragon to get up there- and I smashed his ruby that contains the Obyriths or something like that. A Sphere of Annihilation burst fort from the part broken while the rest fell down, which is how my weapon broke- it got devoured by the Sphere. Anyway, Sirthis combined his powers with his druidic teacher and sent a herd of elephants trampling on the shards that fell, creating a massive area of Annihilation which... Should have destroyed all of Cania by now" she looked at Gloriana's face to gauge any reactions.
    "Everybody there should have died... Though if for some reason the Weave got to a prisoner before the Annihilation Sphere could kill them there's a chance they could have gotten out" she offered, unsure if Gloriana's curiosity was related to some particular person.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna arrived shortly and bowed to Mab.

Gloriana maintained her graceful demeanor as she spoke. "Contained. Past tense. And not dead. Erased, like the Obyrith planned to do to our reality when they tried to force Tharizdun to throw the Shard into the Astral Sea, so that the Annihilation could spread out to all of Realmspace... but instead, he threw it into the Elemental Chaos, where the sphere of pure evil interacted with the chaos of the world to create the Abyss."
    Malyanna at this point approached Gloriana, bowing to her.
    "Pardon me, your majesty."

"Not at all. Please, Malyanna, speak."

"I wish to join your household. I swear to you my loyalty if you can protect me from my previous patron."

Gloriana took another sip, not even really stopping to think. "I accept on one condition, to be discussed once we are in my palace."
    Malyanna nodded, then took a risk.
    "Forgive me if I offend, but... what happened to your feathers?"

Gloriana nearly lost her drink from shock but managed to swallow, staring at Malyanna with sudden... pain.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

"...is...everything alright?" Eris asked worriedly switching the gaze between the archfey and the eladrin.

I don't think she's talking about the feathers on the ground.

Sirthis perked up at the reaction.
    ºCould it have to do with Tanaquill?º he thought to himself remembering how she refused to talk about that name.

Did Gloriana have different wings in the past that you can think off?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

"I apologize for distressing your majesty," Malyanna said quickly.
    "There is no need to answer."

Gloriana settled down and returned to her meal. "Everything is fine, Eris. Malyanna, won't you remain by my side until dinner ends? I wish to depart immediately after, if it should please the Queen."
    "But of course," Mab said. No, not in my memory.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded, stiffening and eyeing Malyanna carefully. She suddenly felt like wanting her armor and pact weapon on herself.
    "Remember to have Sirthis remove the shackle. I think that's how that works anyway" she told Malyanna, but otherwise focused on her food.
    "Oh, I was curious... Between Nidhiki or a Blue Great Wyrm, who'd be the most dangerous? We retreated from a labyrinth once we knew the dragon we went to kill was a Great Wyrm, and I've been trying to understand just what exactly should one expect at least. But Nidhiki's the only one that could be a measure, since all other dragons we met are supposedly smaller- yours isn't a cromatic nor a metallic to my knowledge, so maybe it doesn't follow the same rules. Leff told me Purples are like, legendary beings"