New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Didn't mean that. I meant that if we, meaning the people currently here, don't go then he'll get out and he'll eventually make his way to the Feywild. Then you'll have to fight him. And this isn't speculation, the ones who time traveled saw it happen- so I'm not exaggerating or anything. I'll come back right after it.
    I really wouldn't be doing this if I could avoid it, I swear. Right now nothing sounds better than being with my family. But I'm doing this so that I can be with you for more then... Five years I think is the time limit.

Eris nodded.
    "I understand. That's... Sad. So you'd become the goddess of childhood and innocence? Oh and, thank you Tulgither for letting Aklah stay" she was having a hard time imagining the old dragon as such.

Sirthis came back after leaving food for Aklah.
    "Whenever you want, we can go- though Anaweir won't be coming before tomorrow"
    "That would be the best case," Noxan said. "Nothing is certain. My old bones need rest - yes, rest for the journey." She circled around her self, nestling herself into a circle of scales and wings, closing her eyes.
    Chocolate licked Sirthis's ear. "Let's paint her scales red while she sleeps," Chocolate said in Sylvan.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 5

Sirthis sat besides Noxan, petting her lightly.
    "Nah... Let her be, she's been through a lot" he said, remembering how he found her vulnerable in that cave. He held up a golden coin for Chocolate to snack on.
    "When I'll take you to the Fortress there will be a bigger dragon to paint, I swear" he gave goodberries to everybody.
    "I'll be sleeping near Noxan tonight. Don't ask me why, I just feel like it" he said to them in Common, preparing his bedroll and armor to sleep- though he was going to finally attune to the chain Mab gave him before sleeping.

Eris nodded, snacked on her goodberry, and started walking to Aklah's room.
    "We'll stay with Aklah tonight and leave tomorrow early- thanks for the hospitality again, Tulgither" she said, taking Leff's hand to go to sleep.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate ate it up, then curled around himself in Sirthis's hair.

Leff followed Eris into their room with their rapidly growing wyvern. "Remember when we could drape her between our shoulders?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes... She grew VERY fast" Eris said "I'm impressed. Has it been a week already?" she went over to run her hand over Aklah's back before working on the removal of her armor.
    "Wonder how she'd react to another wyvern"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"Would she recognize herself as a wyvern?" Leff asked, unstrapping her armor. "I wonder..."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I hope so. We are pretty different from her after all" Eris said, unsure.
    "...you think she knows my tail doesn't spew poison?" she waved it around watching Aklah's reaction.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah followed the tail with her eyes, not evidently threatened by it.
    "I can't tell," Leff confessed.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"She probably trusts that I wouldn't do anything bad. And she's right" Eris smiled hugging Aklah by the neck- not much of a place to hug her honestly.
    "We also know she doesn't need any kind of incentive for fighting, heh. Soon enough she might be ready to help out" she mused, sitting on the bed herself.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Leff sat next to Eris. "Or maybe she'll start studying with me after we get a home," she said in jest, grabbing Eris and pulling her in for a cuddle.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't dismiss that- she looks like a smart wyvern" Eris nestled against Leff "Like you. As in smart, not that you look like a wyvern" she giggled and gave her wife a kiss.
    "You know... I had a pretty disturbing dream in the future. You abandoned me to stay there" she looked at Leff "I never doubted you for a second thought"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Leff smiled. "I've gone too far to go back." She held Eris close as she fell asleep, safe with her wife.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Goodnight" Eris whispered and kissed Leff's forehead, before closing her eyes and settling for sleep.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis found himself in the ruby dome, seated across from Malyanna yet again.
    "Don't worry about what's going on in Cania,"
    she said.
    "That thing's nuts, it can't do anything, really."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis inclined his head.
    "...do you truly believe that or are you bluffing, Maly? Good to see you though. And how come you know I was worrying about it?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Tren Krom sees whatever she wants," Malyanna said.
    "And I know. Pelor or someone will kill it. Don't worry about it."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Before or after he comes to Toril and destroys everything or whatever it is he does?" Sirthis asked, frowning "If the gods wanted to kill Tharizdun -or could- they'd do it BEFORE he comes to break the world, no? If they don't... Then it comes to me stopping him from potentially killing my family. Well, us, not gonna do it by myself"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"They're not going to Cania," Malyanna said, with an upturned lip.
    "You couldn't force them to. And maybe Asmodeus is still sworn to keep him imprisoned, there's plenty of reasons to be sure that your reality is safe."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Malyanna... I know for a fact that I have to go or Tharizdun will come here. You can believe me or not. Why are you warning me anyway?" Sirthis asked, standing up to go to Maly's side.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna's lip trembled, and she shook her head. "Good night, Sirthis."

And he awoke next to Noxan around midnight.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

şWhat... Was she actually worried about me?ş Sirthis thought, shaking awake şOr is it that she has to fight against us?ş he shook his head.
    "I swear, that girl" he Sent to her and went back to sleep.
    Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    Pssst, if you actually explain things it's possible for me to understand. And maybe interrupt the Dream AFTER I say goodnight. Love you. Goodnight.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    I love you, too.

The night passed in Tulgither's Great Hall of Conversation until Sirthis awoke to the labored breathing of the sleeping Noxan, and Eris awoke to the urgent nudging of a hungry wyvern.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked at the curled Noxan.
    ş...she may be a big and powerful dragon, but she's not too different from an old woman, right? Maybe even lonelyş he reached out tentatively to pet her gently along the neck, trying to soothe her- not that you could soothe tiredness or the like. Still, he had to do something. Even if it probably wouldn't have any effect, he applied a dose of Lesser Restoration to the petting.

Eris woke up groggily.
    "Uh... Didn't Sirthis leave food? Right, it has little taste" she whispered, districating herself from Leff trying to not wake her up. She stood and walked over to the pile of meat with a yawn, taking pieces of food.
    "...let's see what you prefer" she sat down and started giving different kinds of flavor to those pieces- salty, sweet, sour, spicy, and so on. She could even make combinations.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-07-30 at 05:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Her labored breathing calmed somewhat as her throat cleared up, and she opened one eye. "Is it-"
    And then Anaweir and Marű stepped out of a portal behind which was a great frozen landscape of cold running out over Sirthis.
    "Sirthis," Marű said. "Welcome to Cania."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked at the frozen landscape.
    "Yeeeeeah that's not where I'd go on holiday" he noted, then retracted his hand "Sorry Noxan, you were having trouble breathing and I was trying to help. The woman, in case you don't know, is Mystra's High Priestess, Anaweir. Just thought you'd like to know. Let me go call the others" he left with Chocolate to go knock on everybody's door.
    "Wake uuuup!" he said "Chocolate, if somebody's still sleeping jump on their stomach" and opened the doors that didn't open immediately.

"Come on, it's time to go" Eris said, waking up Leff with a kiss before working on her armor and equipment.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate jumped on Zenov's stomach and he rolled out of the bed as Leff strapped on her armor.
    "Are you sure you want to bring Zenov?" she asked. "That whole place is a death trap, I'm not sure if he has the tools to survive."
    "She speaks the truth," Marű said. "Cania's chill itself can kill those unprepared for it."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh... Are we prepared for it?" he asked, then turned to Zenov "Do you mind staying back? I'm sure Tulgither is going to find your stories untold before" given how special he was.

"Sirthis, can you leave another batch of food for Aklah before we go?" Eris asked.

"Yup" and Sirthis Created Food And Water in their rooms and closed the door before Aklah could sting the intruder.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah bit into some food and blanched, disliking the taste.

Zenov failed to perform a cartwheel.
    “Keep yourself safe out there, alright? Cania is dangerous.”

“There are ways we can mitigate the difficulties. The Resistance spell, or a source of heat, would do, but a certain physical hardiness would be of much help.
    Leff nodded and gripped a flame in her free hand, warming up the area immediately around them. Noxan shrank down into the form of a silver Dragonborn with tired eyes and led the way in, immune to the cold entirely.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Just in case, Sirthis put the shield away, dismissed Chocolate and light up a torch.
    "Didn't think I'd ever use one again" he noted following Noxan.

"Well, I hope I'm strong enough to resist the cold" Eris said. Though she was going to stay near Leff for the time being.

"So- what's the plan?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

As the chill winds blew out Sirthis’s torch, Anaweir touched her scar and it began radiating a wispy silver bubble extending outward about fifteen feet. “Magic only works in this bubble,” she said. “And unfortunately, one around Tharizdun as well. With regards to our plan, the jailer has contingencies that can shut off Cania from the other planes even more fully. Unfortunately, the jailer was killed during Tharizdun’s escape from his cell.”
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm... And we can trigger them? Or resurrect him and he triggers them? Or speak with his soul so that we know how?" Sirthis asked "Last time I fought a god, there were four archfeys and a rose dragon- I'm not sure our current forces are enough for the brute force approach"