New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1060
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: OOTS #1209 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
    A belated thought... when Durkon walked up, Oona was walking away. Oona didn't know who Durkon was, but what if Xykon asked where Redcloak had gotten off to ?

Redcloak doesn't hesitate to eliminate even his own loyal people if there's a non-zero chance something could tip off Xykon that he's being double-crossedwrt the Snarl. If Redcloak got even a hint that Xykon might be nearby, let alone saw him, he wouldn't hesitate to Implode Durkon - even if he loved Durkon's idea and was 100% on board.
    This is actually what I am thinking, that RC noticed the lich listening in from somewhere and needs to 'prove' his loyalty so as not to tip him off. Though honestly right now I'm having trouble remembering what it is he is hiding from Xykon. Going to have to go crack open SoD I suppose. Oh darn. :)

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

No need to go to SoD, there's as complete an explanation as you'll need here.

3. - Top - End - #1053

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    This is actually what I am thinking, that RC noticed the lich listening in from somewhere and needs to 'prove' his loyalty so as not to tip him off. Though honestly right now I'm having trouble remembering what it is he is hiding from Xykon. Going to have to go crack open SoD I suppose. Oh darn. :)
    Didn't he secretly do something with Xykon's phylactery way back when the Azure City resistance attack happened? I'm pretty sure he swapped the real one out for a fake to use as his holy symbol because he killed that one goblin and said "I'm sorry, but no one else can know what happened down here". . I don't know D&D well enough to know if liches automatically know when their phylactery is destroyed, but if they don't, I assume he most likely secretly destroyed the real one at the same time.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My own thoughts on Xykon, based on the size of the bugbear village and the conspicuous(ness? ity? ation?) of the negotiations (in open view, speaking aloud, Giant hammer-wielding dwarf yelling about Thor) means that Xykon is currently not there. Maybe he makes trips to the Astral Plane just to check the fortress.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    My own thoughts on Xykon, based on the size of the bugbear village and the conspicuous(ness? ity? ation?) of the negotiations (in open view, speaking aloud, Giant hammer-wielding dwarf yelling about Thor) means that Xykon is currently not there. Maybe he makes trips to the Astral Plane just to check the fortress.
    It is possible that he is doing a few solo runs of the tomb to level up a bit.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Lizardfolk

As another bit of fridge logic; if Minrah or Durkon takes Redcloaks Holy symbol right now, he is gonna be in a world of problems, most of them being his own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMist View Post
    Didn't he secretly do something with Xykon's phylactery way back when the Azure City resistance attack happened? I'm pretty sure he swapped the real one out for a fake to use as his holy symbol because he killed that one goblin and said "I'm sorry, but no one else can know what happened down here". . I don't know D&D well enough to know if liches automatically know when their phylactery is destroyed, but if they don't, I assume he most likely secretly destroyed the real one at the same time.
    The goblin craftsman was already dead; Redcloak just disintegrated the corpse to tie up loose ends. He gave Xykon a fake, and keeps the real one with him. Liches know if their phylactery is destroyed, so RC's still got the real one, otherwise Xykon would be much angrier and a lot more killy.
    Last edited by Riftwolf; 2020-08-15 at 04:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    As another bit of fridge logic; if Minrah or Durkon takes Redcloaks Holy symbol right now, he is gonna be in a world of problems, most of them being his own fault.

The goblin craftsman was already dead; Redcloak just disintegrated the corpse to tie up loose ends. He gave Xykon a fake, and keeps the real one with him. Liches know if their phylactery is destroyed, so RC's still got the real one, otherwise Xykon would be much angrier and a lot more killy.
    By RAW, nothing says Liches have any knowledge about their phylactery whatsoever. Without it, he just won't have access to his rejuvenation ability anymore.
    Attention LotR fans
    Spoiler: LotR
    Show
    The scouring of the Shire never happened. That's right. After reading books I, II, and III, I stopped reading when the One Ring was thrown into Mount Doom. The story ends there. Nothing worthwhile happened afterwards. Middle-Earth was saved.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JSSheridan View Post
    Redcloak disagrees about there being three ways to go forward

Does that mean he sees more ways or fewer?

I think he's still skeptical about the gods destroying the world

Can't disagree with facts though
    He thinks "the Plan works exactly as we want it to" is also a valid outcome.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

9. - Top - End - #1059

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by JonahFalcon View Post
    Don't worry. Xykon will intervene, and save Durkon because he's interested in what Redcloak is doing chatting with a dwarf.
    Ok, it look a few more strips.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonahFalcon View Post
    Ok, it look a few more strips.
    It's a stretch to call what he did "saving Durkon."