New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Wow that was a lot to happen last night. I am glad I wasn't on to fold to pressure and claim and then just be outed for no good reason. Though I am offended that Elenna called me useless in the witch forum. I am tempted to agree with the plan that VB should claim and let us lynch them so they can take down the werewolf, then we can mass-claim without too much worry and just sort through the witches double-claim roles. Otherwise voting Unavenger is probably the next best option.
    That was Unavenger's post in the witch forum, for the record.

And cool, this works. I'll come back and vote Jonny in a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, actually I see Caoimhin included his vote in his votecount, so we're only at three now. JonnyPatches then.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

JonnyPatches.

I'm sorry that you have to die D2 while new on this forum, but it's way too good of a chance to ignore this.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Aventine Are we getting a replacement for Snow?

7 votes required for majority:

Xihirli 2 (Apogee, JeenLeen)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Jonny 4 (AvatarVecna, Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Also JP voting yourself would also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Okay, fine, this works. Vote: JonnyPatches go get that wolf!
    ...I know that as a witch it's against your interest, but in case you forgot and really wanted to vote them: you need to first UNVOTE, then vote for JP.

5. - Top - End - #275

Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Jonny 5 (AvatarVecna, Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Valmark)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Also JP voting yourself would also help.

...I know that as a witch it's against your interest, but in case you forgot and really wanted to vote them: you need to first UNVOTE, then vote for JP.
    I don't think it'll be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Don't stress too much about including the unvote if you're switching to a new vote in the same post. It's more about making sure there is a way to remove a vote without adding a new one. Normally you can just go back and cross out the old vote, but with editing not allowed and "no lynch" being meaningful in it's own right, there needs to be a way to clearly indicate that you want to just remove your vote.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #277

Just so it gets in before we have a lynch: Town should NOT claim immediately tomorrow. We don't need to make that information public yet.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I don't think it'll be an issue.
    Paranoia ramping up now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Just so it gets in before we have a lynch: Town should NOT claim immediately tomorrow. We don't need to make that information public yet.
    Why shouldn't we? Assuming the Werewolf dies I mean.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Unvote: CaoimhinTheCape Vote: JonnyPatches

10. - Top - End - #280

Why shouldn't we? Assuming the Werewolf dies I mean.
    We'll still have 3 Witches hanging around, one who is going to survive their first lynch. No need to telegraph which of us will survive their night kills until we absolutely need to out the Junior Witch.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

I'm of the opinion that we should all be mass-claiming already. The werewolf and spy are outed, so our goal is to get as many official claims in before there's too many dead roles that won't get claimed.

13 players currently alive, 1 dead. Of those 13, JeenLeen is wolf, Elenna is probably Spy, Unavenger/Xihirli are probably wolves, and that leaves the rest of us with a single Junior Witch hidden among our ranks. The three witches have reason to fakeclaim, but right now there's only one role to fakeclaim which is...whatever gac3 was. Well, maybe two, depending on if Snowblaze is the JW or not.

But if we wait until tomorrow to mass-claim, then we probably have one more dead person tomorrow (maybe more, depending on Sacrifices). Now sure, Unavenger and Xihirli claiming anything probably isn't gonna be believed at this point. But the JW would still need to be found, and there's no reason to give whoever that is any more unclaimed roles to hide behind than necessary.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #282

I'm of the opinion that we should all be mass-claiming already. The werewolf and spy are outed, so our goal is to get as many official claims in before there's too many dead roles that won't get claimed.

13 players currently alive, 1 dead. Of those 13, JeenLeen is wolf, Elenna is probably Spy, Unavenger/Xihirli are probably wolves, and that leaves the rest of us with a single Junior Witch hidden among our ranks. The three witches have reason to fakeclaim, but right now there's only one role to fakeclaim which is...whatever gac3 was. Well, maybe two, depending on if Snowblaze is the JW or not.

But if we wait until tomorrow to mass-claim, then we probably have one more dead person tomorrow (maybe more, depending on Sacrifices). Now sure, Unavenger and Xihirli claiming anything probably isn't gonna be believed at this point. But the JW would still need to be found, and there's no reason to give whoever that is any more unclaimed roles to hide behind than necessary.
    I see your point, but the problem is that Snow may or may not be around to vote. If we telegraph which town members will survive the night, we could end up with a situation where we have 3 town, 3 wolves, and Snow to be voting during the day. We definitely do not want that, especially since Xi will live the first time they are lynched. We need them to be burning their kills on Survivalist/Traveler.

- - - Updated - - -

Numbers-wise, we go into the Night with 10 people (7 town and 3 witches).

I count 12 people alive, 1 dead.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible to claim now and be fine but we're threading a very thin line, especially with one player slot likely not being around to vote.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The logical part of me agrees with AV that we should mass claim sooner rather than later. The paranoid part wants to wait till tomorrow just in case something goes wrong and the werewolf lives. Plus I'm not convinced everyone will get around to claiming before EOD anyways, and there isn't too much point in only some people claiming.

Not that it affects what I'm doing, anyways, since a) I already claimed and b) I'll probably die tonight...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #284

Jonny 6 (AvatarVecna, Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Valmark, Jonny)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, thinking it over tomorrow may be an ok time to claim but I definitely don't like doing it now.

- - - Updated - - -

We also get rid of some confusion if the Martyr is able to help out overnight. We'll know the Martyr isn't in the game anymore and it could save someone helpful.

Question on Martyr - can they Martyr themselves for the Vengeful Bastard? So VB would still be in the game?

If not, there's one priority target tonight that I'd want to save.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

I see your point, but the problem is that Snow may or may not be around to vote. If we telegraph which town members will survive the night, we could end up with a situation where we have 3 town, 3 wolves, and Snow to be voting during the day. We definitely do not want that, especially since Xi will live the first time they are lynched. We need them to be burning their kills on Survivalist/Traveler.
    D2: lynch JonnyPatches+JeenLeen. Town 8 vs witches 3.
    N2: sacrifice Elenna, NK two townies. Town 5 vs witches 3.
    D3: lynch Unavenger. Town 5 vs witches 2.
    N3: NK one townie. Town 4 vs witches 2.
    D4: lynch Xihirli (fails). Town 4 vs witches 2.
    N4: NK one townie. Town 3 vs witches 2.
    D5: lynch Xihirli (succeeds). Town 3 vs witches 1.
    N5: NK one townie. Town 2 vs witches 1.
    D6: The two remaining townies need to figure out who the JW is.

This is the worst-case scenario for town, where Witches know exactly who to target at all times, such that they maximize kills. Town still controls every single lynch and knows who to lynch every single day until Final 3.

In order for JW to have a chance at surviving Final 3 and winning the game, they need to have not double-claimed, or else that'll get questioned throughout the game and we'll figure them out in time. So JW wants to claim as an unclaimed role.

D2: lynch JonnyPatches+JeenLeen. Town 8 vs witches 3.
    Mass-claiming before this point means JW needs to claim the role gac3 had. That means either waiting until everybody else claims, and claiming whatever's missing (which would look super-suspicious), or it means taking a wild guess early and just hoping they get lucky and guessed gac's role correctly.

D3: lynch Unavenger. Town 5 vs witches 2.
    At this point, five townies are dead - gac3, Jonny, and the three that died in the night. Now there's four safe roles for the JW to fakeclaim. That's almost a 50/50 shot of getting in early on the mass-claim tomorrow and nobody being any the wiser.

If we force a mass-claim right now, it doesn't matter that witches know who to kill, because the main witches are screwed and the JW is probably screwed as well. If we force a mass-claim tomorrow, the main witches are still screwed, but the JW has a 50/50 shot of lucking into a role that won't arouse suspicion - and they have the opportunity to join the wolves without Elenna around to narc on them, which gives them the opportunity to talk strategy with their fellow witches about what to claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote for now. I'm around to hammer if needed but I wanna talk this out.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #286

My question is more of when does the Martyr save someone?

If we can game it so VB is "killed" and their power goes off to kill Jeen (so both would be dying) but then the Martyr steps in... could we get both a Jeen death and then keep the VB around?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

My question is more of when does the Martyr save someone?

If we can game it so VB is "killed" and their power goes off to kill Jeen (so both would be dying) but then the Martyr steps in... could we get both a Jeen death and then keep the VB around?
    That's a potential use for the Martyr. Another potential one is...actually, has it been clarified that a Martyr can jump in front of an "unblockable kill"? Like, if the survivalist/traveler claim, and they get targeted for a kill in the night anyway, the Martyr would be informed and could jump in front of it, "wasting" the super-kill on a target that a super-kill wasn't needed for, such that wolves will now either need another super-kill or two kills to kill the Survivalist or Traveler? Or can the Martyr not block the unblockable kill?

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #288

Your math is slightly off. We started the game with 13 players and gac is dead. So we have 12 now.

D2: lynch JonnyPatches+JeenLeen. Town 7 vs witches 3.
    N2: sacrifice Elenna, NK two townies. Town 4 vs witches 3.
    D3: lynch Unavenger. Town 4 vs witches 2.
    N3: NK one townie. Town 3 vs witches 2.
    D4: lynch Xihirli (fails). Town 3 vs witches 2.
    N4: NK one townie. Town 2 vs witches 2.
    D5: tie, no lynch. Town 2 vs witches 2.
    N5: NK one townie. Town 1 vs witches 2.
    D6: Loss

That's my math.

If we tell the witches right now who will survive their night kills, we lose by my math.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Your math is slightly off. We started the game with 13 players and gac is dead. So we have 12 now.

N2: sacrifice Elenna, NK two townies. Town 4 vs witches 3.
    N3: NK one townie. Town 3 vs witches 2.
    D4: lynch Xihirli (fails). Town 3 vs witches 2.
    N4: NK one townie. Town 2 vs witches 2.
    D5: tie, no lynch. Town 2 vs witches 2.
    N5: NK one townie. Town 1 vs witches 2.
    D6: Loss

That's my math.

If we tell the witches right now who will survive their night kills, we lose by my math.
    Ah **** you're right. That would mean we'd have to have the martyr waste an unblockable kill, which we're not sure the martyr can do.

...can the martyr block the sacrifice kill?

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #290

With the plan of mass claiming now, we give them exactly what they need to pick the right targets to run through my scenario. We'd need Martyr to pull something off in order to help us out and even then I'm not sure.

If Snow was around to ensure a vote I'd feel better, but we have the face the possibility to go into tomorrow with 3 town, 3 Witches, and Snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah **** you're right. That would mean we'd have to have the martyr waste an unblockable kill, which we're not sure the martyr can do.

...can the martyr block the sacrifice kill?
    That's what I initially wanted. But if we block the sacrifice kill and keep Elena around, that means Witches can sacrifice again the next day.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

I can't find anymore the post where Aventine detailed how each role died, but I reckon the unblockable kill does nothing to the Traveler. They don't block a kill, they die and come back once so they should survive.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

With the plan of mass claiming now, we give them exactly what they need to pick the right targets to run through my scenario. We'd need Martyr to pull something off in order to help us out and even then I'm not sure.

If Snow was around to ensure a vote I'd feel better, but we have the face the possibility to go into tomorrow with 3 town, 3 Witches, and Snow.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I initially wanted. But if we block the sacrifice kill and keep Elena around, that means Witches can sacrifice again the next day.
    Not quite. The only reason they can sacrifice tonight is cuz we're killing Jonny instead of Unavenger. Tonight, they try to sacrifice and fail, tomorrow we kill Unavenger, tomorrow night they sacrifice Elenna anyway, but they don't get the assassin bonus kill.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find anymore the post where Aventine detailed how each role died, but I reckon the unblockable kill does nothing to the Traveler. They don't block a kill, they die and come back once so they should survive.
    That's the Survivalist. The Traveler is immune to the NK - at least, the basic one.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #293

Explanation of How to Die:

Lover kills the other lover if they are lynched (including Judge) and actually die. An NK does not kill the other lover, nor does a lynch that fails for whatever reason.

Warlock survives the first time they are lynched (including Judge). Otherwise dies normally to a kill.

Enchantress cannot be normal lynched (but can be Judge killed) so long as both lovers are alive. Otherwise dies normally to a kill.

Traveler cannot be killed by a normal NK. Can be killed by an unblockable NK or any other way of dying.

Survivalist has absolute immunity to their first death. Nothing can kill them the first time, but after that they die normally. (Note that the Werewolf still gains immunity from devouring a Survivalist that survives the devour)

Werewolf cannot be lynched (including Judge). Can die to any other death, such as the NKs, the Vengeful Bastard, or a lover getting lynched. Devour immunity is absolute, not even an unblockable kill (from the Vengeful Bastard or a powered-up NK) can kill them while they are under devour protection.
    Explanation of How to die in this game (I need 10 words outside of the quote to post)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

I will distinguish a Judge kill from Night Kill(s).

Explanation of How to Die:

Lover kills the other lover if they are lynched (including Judge) and actually die. An NK does not kill the other lover, nor does a lynch that fails for whatever reason.

Warlock survives the first time they are lynched (including Judge). Otherwise dies normally to a kill.

Enchantress cannot be normal lynched (but can be Judge killed) so long as both lovers are alive. Otherwise dies normally to a kill.

Traveler cannot be killed by a normal NK. Can be killed by an unblockable NK or any other way of dying.

Survivalist has absolute immunity to their first death. Nothing can kill them the first time, but after that they die normally. (Note that the Werewolf still gains immunity from devouring a Survivalist that survives the devour)

Werewolf cannot be lynched (including Judge). Can die to any other death, such as the NKs, the Vengeful Bastard, or a lover getting lynched. Devour immunity is absolute, not even an unblockable kill (from the Vengeful Bastard or a powered-up NK) can kill them while they are under devour protection.
    Found the post for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Explanation of How to die in this game (I need 10 words outside of the quote to post)
    Jinx! You owe me a hardclaim!

- - - Updated - - -

Bunny Of Faith has been inactive, which is probably why they were guessed to be the Judge. But also it makes things worse for us if we're counting on their vote. And cuz of game rules, we probably shouldn't be poking them about it either... >.>

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #295

N2: sacrifice Elenna, NK two townies. Martyr saves Elenna. Town 4 vs witches 3.
    N3: sacrifice Elenna, NK one townie. Town 2 vs witches 2.
    D4: lynch Xihirli (fails). Town 2 vs witches 2.
    N4: NK one townie. Town 1 vs witches 2.
    D5: Loss

Oh. Maybe we don't save Elenna. That is literally worse, since we're losing 2 townies on Night 3 (Elenna and whoever they NK)

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Found the post for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Jinx! You owe me a hardclaim!
    Ops. Well, I really wanted to say that one of the roles mentioned already survived the kill, so this still works.

On another note, it's good that we already know who the Traveler is, if they get the unblockable kill the Martyr knows to step in.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Maybe we don't save Elenna. That is literally worse, since we're losing 2 townies on Night 3 (Elenna and whoever they NK)
    It's worse because if the sacrifice kill gets blocked, witches failed to sacrifice one of their own, and thus didn't get the unblockable kill or the assassin extra kill. I think that's how it would work, but I don't know for sure. I'd want confirmation that the Martyr blocking the sacrifice kill upsets the whole sacrifice mechanic.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Aventine, if the martyr saves Elenna, does the sacrifice still work?

29. - Top - End - #299

On another note, it's good that we already know who the Traveler is, if they get the unblockable kill the Martyr knows to step in.
    Assuming AV is the traveler, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's worse because if the sacrifice kill gets blocked, witches failed to sacrifice one of their own, and thus didn't get the unblockable kill or the assassin extra kill. I think that's how it would work, but I don't know for sure. I'd want confirmation that the Martyr blocking the sacrifice kill upsets the whole sacrifice mechanic.
    I think you meant to say it's better - if the way you described is how it works than that is 1000% better.

Basically, we need to know more of the Martyr mechanics before I can choose which is best.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming AV is the traveler, yes.
    Yes. Assuming I'm telling the truth. Granted, the main reason to assume I'm lying and suggesting a bad "mass-claim" tactic is gone cuz I can't be the werewolf trying to trick you all into claiming at this point.

My Homebrew