Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    7 votes required for majority:

Xihirli 2 (Apogee, JeenLeen)
    Jonny 6 (AvatarVecna, Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Valmark, Jonny)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, thinking it over tomorrow may be an ok time to claim but I definitely don't like doing it now.

- - - Updated - - -

We also get rid of some confusion if the Martyr is able to help out overnight. We'll know the Martyr isn't in the game anymore and it could save someone helpful.

Question on Martyr - can they Martyr themselves for the Vengeful Bastard? So VB would still be in the game?

If not, there's one priority target tonight that I'd want to save.
    So since AV unvoted, that means the vote count is currently:

Xi 2 (Apogee, JeenLeen)
    Jonny 5 (Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Valmark, Jonny)

Then I can vote for Jonny and still not end your discussion?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming AV is the traveler, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you meant to say it's better - if the way you described is how it works than that is 1000% better.

Basically, we need to know more of the Martyr mechanics before I can choose which is best.
    Yeah I meant better, but can't edit so. The martyr is useful in changing the math if they either steal an unblockable kill, or steal a sacrifice. Beyond that, it's a lot less impactful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post

Xi 2 (Apogee, JeenLeen)

I'd recommend holding off for the moment - we don't want Xihirli to jump in, vote for Jonny, and cut the discussion off. If you'll be around for a few hours, though, I'll also be around, and I'm ready to throw my vote on at the last second if need be.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #303

Stealing a sacrifice may be enough to tip the game in our favor, especially if that keeps a basically confirmed townie (Elenna) alive another day.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Xi 2 (Apogee, JeenLeen)

UNVOTE.

I'll be awake until EOD so feel free to jump in.

5. - Top - End - #305

Yea I am around for like 6 more hours, so shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to check and make sure I didn't mess anything up before voting. As far as mass claiming now or tomorrow: I agree that mass claiming now just gives the witches targets to complete their strategy and win the game, unless the martyr can negate the unblockable kill (it depends on the mechanics of the block too. Hopefully Aventine can and will answer our question satisfactorily.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    UNVOTE.

I'll be awake until EOD so feel free to jump in.
    I will admit a little bit of paranoia - I'm worried that somehow by trying to get every last bit of conversation out of today, we're setting ourselves up for ironic karma. Everybody who's sticking around 'til EoD to vote Jonny abruptly has their power go out and can't vote in time, the vote passes to the judge who is inactive, and suddenly instead of 7 town vs 3 witches going into the night, it's 8 town vs 3 witches vs 1 wolf and tomorrow is a complete freaking clownshow.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #307

If the judge didn't vote EoD1 because of AFK, then surely they are around now (though there are a few who are still oddly absent). If the Judge didn't vote because he didn't want to hit a townie by mistake, well this is a clear-cut place to vote.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

If the judge didn't vote EoD1 because of AFK, then surely they are around now (though there are a few who are still oddly absent). If the Judge didn't vote because he didn't want to hit a townie by mistake, well this is a clear-cut place to vote.
    Snowblaze might've been the Judge, and missing getting to assign the D1 lynch is what convinced her that IRL stuff wasn't allowing time to do Mafia right now. The post reads more like it came up suddenly, rather than that she was juggling WW and IRL stuff and failing, but the latter screws us over more, so I'm just speculating about worst-case scenario. Unless we get a claim from a judge, or see them actually assign a kill, I'm gonna hold off on assuming they're active.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I will admit a little bit of paranoia - I'm worried that somehow by trying to get every last bit of conversation out of today, we're setting ourselves up for ironic karma. Everybody who's sticking around 'til EoD to vote Jonny abruptly has their power go out and can't vote in time, the vote passes to the judge who is inactive, and suddenly instead of 7 town vs 3 witches going into the night, it's 8 town vs 3 witches vs 1 wolf and tomorrow is a complete freaking clownshow.
    If it's of any consolation, unless something breaks me or my phone, nothing can stop me from voting in time.

Or if for some reason the whole region loses power which has never happened and if it happens now I will blame you personally.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

LOL yeah, paranoia about my (currently very crappy) internet going out was part of the reason I voted early. I should be able to post using data even if that happens, but still...
    (also EOD happens like half an hour before the end of my workday, and although I'm working from home it's always possible my boss would call right before EOD)

Snowblaze might've been the Judge, and missing getting to assign the D1 lynch is what convinced her that IRL stuff wasn't allowing time to do Mafia right now. The post reads more like it came up suddenly, rather than that she was juggling WW and IRL stuff and failing, but the latter screws us over more, so I'm just speculating about worst-case scenario. Unless we get a claim from a judge, or see them actually assign a kill, I'm gonna hold off on assuming they're active.
    Snowblaze said she wasn't the Judge, though. Has Bunny of Faith posted D2? They might be the judge and be inactive. Either way, I'd feel better getting the lynch without expecting the judge to lynch someone.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Snowblaze said she wasn't the Judge, though. Has Bunny of Faith posted D2? They might be the judge and be inactive. Either way, I'd feel better getting the lynch without expecting the judge to lynch someone.
    Like I said, I don't think Snowblaze is the Judge (although I'd wanna see when the claim was made to figure out how to read it as truthful or not), but BoF is definitely not the Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    JeenLeen attempts to devour Bunny of Faith as the Judge...and fails
    - - - Updated - - -

If it's of any consolation, unless something breaks me or my phone, nothing can stop me from voting in time.

Or if for some reason the whole region loses power which has never happened and if it happens now I will blame you personally.
    That's fair lol

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    So. I'm really sorry about this, but IRL stuff has unexpectedly come up which means I won't be able to play. As in, probably not for at least a year. You can take me off the narration list, AV. My game isn't going to be happening.

If you can find a replacement for me in this game, great! If you can't, I'd like to politely ask you not to lynch me, because Reasons, and also not to let the judge kill me for the same Reasons. If the witches want to kill someone who isn't going to actually contribute to anything, or the werewolf wants to out themselves to try and guess my role, go ahead.

I think Apogee was asking for my read on Valmark: I think he's town. Not certain without much information to go on and without QTs, but that's where I am. I also townread Apogee and JeenLeen, and I would be townreading AV if they weren't AV.

Also, just for the record and to avoid confusion: I am not the Judge, and my IRL issues are not why no-one was lynched.

I've had a fabulous time here, I've made some great friends and done some crazy things. You've driven me insane and murdered me, but I still love you for it.

Bye, guys. I hope someday I'll be able to come back and play again. In the meantime, have fun without me.

I'll miss you.
    It was in her 'farewell' post so I think it would be pretty truthful.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

It was in her 'farewell' post so I think it would be pretty truthful.
    Fair enough.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh, right, forgot about that devour attempt.
    In that case my best guess is that the judge forgot night was 24 hours and not 48, so it might be okay if they end up doing the lynch, but there's ho reason not to hammer near EOD since we all agree on who to kill and they can be killed by a regular lynch.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

What's this? Piling off the wagon on Xihirli!?

No. I am the better target. I've been the better target since 2015! And I shall not be dethroned!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #316

The only part of the discussion I'm waiting on is if the Martyr's save negates the witches sacrifice. I'll keep an eye on the thread the rest of the day but I'm already voting.

Bonus points for each of the lynch targets voting for themselves.

Votes (7 to lynch)

Xi 3 (Apogee, JeenLeen, Xihirli)
    Jonny 4 (Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Jonny)

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Do people want me on Johnny

I can go there

Expect Elenna and two townies to die tonight

What does that leave our numbers at

4 v 3?

We will need to mobilize everyone tomorrow

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Do people want me on Johnny

I can go there

Expect Elenna and two townies to die tonight

What does that leave our numbers at

4 v 3?

We will need to mobilize everyone tomorrow
    Assuming Jonny dies and takes JeelLeen with him, and assuming the kills you just mentioned, that leaves town 7 vs witches 3...albeit with Snowblaze definitely inactive and Bunny of Faith probably inactive. Separately, it's possible the martyr can block the sacrifice and maybe make the night go actually really well for us, but there's been no confirmation or denial of that theory from Aventine yet so who knows.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Assuming Jonny dies and takes JeelLeen with him, and assuming the kills you just mentioned, that leaves town 7 vs witches 3...albeit with Snowblaze definitely inactive and Bunny of Faith probably inactive. Separately, it's possible the martyr can block the sacrifice and maybe make the night go actually really well for us, but there's been no confirmation or denial of that theory from Aventine yet so who knows.
    Wait there are that many players left

Ok that's better

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Wait there are that many players left

Ok that's better
    Yup. 13 to start, only one dead so far. 12 currently alive, 2 die today, making it 7v3. either 3 die in the night (if there's a sacrifice) or two (if the martyr blocks but the one wolf kill still hits a regular townie), making it either 4v3 or 5v3 tomorrow?

Just realized my last post made it look like a bigger lead than it is and I wanted to correct myself. Sorry.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I was hoping y'all wouldn't decide to lynch the Vengeful Bastard today. Well, good game, ya'll.

Oddly, it seems I was too paranoid. Should have believed AV or Elenna and tried to eat someone with a declared role. I was guessing AV was actually the Survivalist (could look like Traveler if witches went after her) or Vengeful Bastard (willing to die to take out another).

Cao, are you the real Judge?
    I figured you might've been saying you forgot the Night was 24 hours, when you mentioned that as a potential reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Or... Town, you better focus on the witches first. Listen to Xihirli!

22. - Top - End - #322

We are getting dangerously close to End of Day, so I'd suggest voting now.

Depending on what Aventine says, I'd suggest one of two plans:

If the Martyr saving Elenna prevents the Witch sacrifice from working

Do that. Save Elenna so that they only have 2 kills this night instead of 3.

If the Martyr saving Elenna would NOT prevent the sacrifice

Save one of the other two. AV as the claimed Traveler could be a good pick. Otherwise go with your gut.

Either way, I think it helps to have Martyr out of the mix of possible roles.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@Aventine Are we getting a replacement for Snow?
    I posted in central that I'd take a replacement, but I'm not actively hunting down people that I think might be willing or anything, so...

Aventine, if the martyr saves Elenna, does the sacrifice still work?
    I think I'm going to rule that the sacrifice, and the bastard's ability too, require the player to actually, properly die. It seems the most logical, I think, since the abilities are based off the player dying and the martyr prevents that death.

- - - Updated - - -

I do worry that that is a really bad decision, it makes saving a spy being sacrificed an extremely strong move.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

UNVOTE
    VOTE:JonnyPatches

Vote time

Martyr do your job o7

- - - Updated - - -

Colors

UNVOTE
    VOTE: JonnyPatches

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I think I'm going to rule that the sacrifice, and the bastard's ability too, require the player to actually, properly die. It seems the most logical, I think, since the abilities are based off the player dying and the martyr prevents that death.

Sounds like if Martyr saves Elenna, then the sacrifice will not work. Martyr, please save Elenna tonight.

Votes (7 to lynch)

Xi 2 (JeenLeen, Xihirli)
    Jonny 5 (Caoimhin, Unavenger, Elenna, Jonny, Apogee)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

JonnyPatches

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A reminder to everyone who has abilities, including abilities that only trigger under certain conditions, that you'd need to post your action in your QT for it to happen.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

In all honesty, wether the martyr does it or not, we still need to lynch JP. At least they know now.

I do hope JP doesn't have to insert the kill before the death? This message from Aventine makes me worry.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright one more townie and let's do this

30. - Top - End - #330

I am getting ready to leave for the day, and don't want to miss things, so I'll go ahead and vote JonnyPatches. Martyr needs to sacrifice themselves for Elenna, however now that the witches know about that, will they change their strategy? Even if so, let's not give them ideas, they need to work it out for themselves.