New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

I don't think the JW will join until tonight at the earliest, though will probably wait until the next night just to be safe from being revealed.

2. - Top - End - #362

WolfInSheepsClothing

Unless something very unusual happens, the JW can't be revealed by Elenna if they join immediately at the end of the day because she won't have a chance between them joining and Xihirli sacrificing her to [inset deity here]. The correct play for JW - assuming they're still actually alive - is to join at the start of the night so that Xihirli can't accidentally kill them.

If they're not alive, then it's just a question of whether or not you can get enough active townies to kill me and then enough to kill Xi and then enough to kill Xi again, which is boring, but... eh. *Shrug*

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yeah no claims until tomorrow I believe is optimal

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I hadn't considered the fact that the acolyte revealing would give the priest one less person to check. I still don't think it's worth exposing a safe NK target, though, because if the witches successfully kill every night it won't matter if we know who the JW is.
    (Also, if the priest is dead then the acolyte should definitely not reveal themselves)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Unless something very unusual happens, the JW can't be revealed by Elenna if they join immediately at the end of the day because she won't have a chance between them joining and Xihirli sacrificing her to [inset deity here]. The correct play for JW - assuming they're still actually alive - is to join at the start of the night so that Xihirli can't accidentally kill them.

If they're not alive, then it's just a question of whether or not you can get enough active townies to kill me and then enough to kill Xi and then enough to kill Xi again, which is boring, but... eh. *Shrug*
    I would never do such a thing to Elenna, my closest friend!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #366

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    [Narrator]Xihirli would do such a thing to Elenna, her closest friend.[/Narrator]

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    [Narrator]Xihirli would do such a thing to Elenna, her closest friend.[/Narrator]
    For some reason I'm inclined to agree with the non-avenging one here. Can't imagine why, I'm sure.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #368

Doesn't it take a majority for the sacrifice? So Elana can't be sacrificed unless the JW reveals themselves first?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Spy always loses ties.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need any help to sacrifice someone to our glorious spider queen, Lolth.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    The witches can choose to sacrifice one of their own in order to make their kill unblockable. This can be done by voting in the witches' QT, and only requires votes from half the living witches rather than a strict majority. In the event of a tie, both witches are sacrificed, with the exception that the spy always loses a 1v1 vote.
    It is only stated the spy loses a 1v1 vote, not all ties. Since the JW is alive it will be a 1v1v1 vote of El:Xi:abstain, so Elanna won't be sacrificed unless the JW reveals and votes against her. That rule is there so that if only 2 witches are left the spy can't self sacrifice to kill the faction.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Only witches actually connected and in the QT are counted for witch votes.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

My understanding is that the JW shouldn't count as a vote before they're in the witch chat (because tbh it would be pretty dumb if they counted as a vote for a vote that they had no idea was happening) although I suppose it doesn't seem to be explicitly stated anywhere.
    Regardless I expect JW to join the witch chat tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

ninja'd
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

13. - Top - End - #373

Curse you Aventine for ruining my misinformation campaign on the witches. I wanted a little confusion and hesitation for them during the night phase!

But for real, I figured that would be a dumb ploy, but Unavenger is already triggered, so I wanted to get a reaction out of Xi as well just to see.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Curse you Aventine for ruining my misinformation campaign on the witches. I wanted a little confusion and hesitation for them during the night phase!

But for real, I figured that would be a dumb ploy, but Unavenger is already triggered, so I wanted to get a reaction out of Xi as well just to see.
    At this point, given how things have gone so far, I'm gonna jump the gun on clarifying any confusion over the rules.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Here's my reaction:

The game basically started with a mere seven summoning types, but four of them fall under the mechanic of the "Normal Summon."
    There are four types of normal summoning. They are the standard Normal Summon, the Normal Set (which is also not a summoning mechanic at all, but enables Flip Summoning), the Tribute Summon, and the Tribute Set.
    Normal summoning is when you summon a 4-star or lower monster in attack mode. Normal Setting is when you set a monster in defense mode. When this is done, the monster is Face-Down, meaning any effects it has are negated but your opponent can't see what it is until they attack it. Higher star monsters require a Tribute to summon or set - a six or seven star monster requires a Tribute of one monster, while an 8+ star monster requires a Tribute of two monsters. Some monsters, like the Egyptian God Cards, require three tributes. All of this falls under the Normal Summon mechanic, and you are only allowed one Normal Summon per turn barring specific effects.
    The last type of summoning we'll address before entering the Special Summoning Umbrella is Flip Summoning. This is when you switch a monster from face-down Defense Mode into Attack Mode. It does not take your Normal Summon for the turn, but it isn't Special Summoning either.
    The other two summoning forms in early Yu-Gi-Oh! are both forms of Special Summoning. A player is allowed to Special Summon an unlimited number of monsters per turn, as many as their cards allow. This is why the game is.... just really bad right now.
    Ritual Summoning involves using a spell card to special summon the Ritual Monster, sacrificing monsters of the same level as Ritual material from your hand or field (or deck or graveyard or banished pile now because it’s gone crazy). Fusion Summoning is similar, with two changes: one, the fusion materials are usually more specific, so it is more difficult to get them in the hand (though now you can fusion summon with materials from the DECK because why not), and second, the monster you are summoning is not in your hand but your Extra (once called “fusion”) Deck. In other words, you do not need the monster in your hand to summon it.

These were the summoning mechanics of old-school Yu-Gi-Oh! Decently complicated, but overall there’s not a WHOLE lot of barrier to entry. You CAN build a decent deck without any Fusion or Ritual monsters in this format. You still want some special summoning, but main deck monsters that special summon tell you how to use them on the card. This, plus the Magic and Trap Card system, made for a card game. Yes. A card game.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376

@Elenna, Apogee, Bunny of Faith - Today is the day to vote!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Unavenger, just in case I don't manage to get on again by EOD
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OK I'm going to hammer in 1 hour

- - - Updated - - -

That will be hammer yes

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    OK I'm going to hammer in 1 hour

- - - Updated - - -

That will be hammer yes
    I mean, no reason to wait. I'm not going to be around for the next hour, I doubt anyone else will be discussing anything.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Vote: Unavenger then

And I think that's it

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Unavenger is lynched

Night Three Begins

And will end in roughly 24 hours

Days will be 48 hours from now on

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Elenna dies during the night
    CaoimhinTheCape should die, but survives

Day Four Begins

(There are 6 living players: the day will end once a majority of 4 votes is reached or after 48 hours)

- - - Updated - - -

Living Players
    1. AvatarVecna
    2. Apogee1
    3. Bunny of Faith
    4. rogue_alchemist
    5. CaoimhinTheCape
    6. Xihirli

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli. Even though we know it won't help today.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #384

K. That's the best outcome for town for the night, but is today the day we mass claim? I'm assuming it's obvious what I am now so I'm not sure that any more misdirection is going to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, thinking more I'm not sure what the best play is. Thoughts?

25. - Top - End - #385

I will analyze in about 12 hours and see what options are left to us. Having the witches waste their power kill is a huge boon, and I think I can guess everyone's roles now, but I'll have to double check my math and it is time for sleep right now. I vote to hold off on mass claiming just yet to see what the options left to us are, blind witch hunt is good until we don't know who to go after.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

I think we should kill AvatarVecna. Who's with me?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Alright, so I am only missing a little information, but I am not sharing that until we finish our mass claims, so that I can check claims against the logic board. 6 living players, 4 town vs 2 witches

Here is a progression so far:
    No Lynch D1
    Gac3 dies N1
    JP lynched D2 takes JeenLeen with him
    JL/Snowblaze killed in Elenna's place N2 and Valmark dies

Here is the plan from here:
    Lynch Xi D3 ->nothing happens
    Townie dies N3 (3 town vs 2 witches)
    Lynch Xi D4 -> dies (3 town vs JW)
    townie dies N4 (2 town vs JW)
    ?? dies (town wins or 1 town vs JW)
    townie dies N5 (JW wins)

So we are by no means guaranteed a win. We have to figure things out NOW. I am comfortable doing mass claims now. I think I was the main one objecting, so with my consent, I'll go ahead and start.

I am the Judge. The day ended over the weekend the first time and I hadn't left any instructions. That weekend was particularly busy for me. You'll notice I have been talking up the judge a lot (though several people have) and I tried to post at least once a day this past weekend (which is extremely rare for me) just to make sure I didn't miss it again.

EDIT:
    Oh and for completeness Xihirli should die.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-08-17 at 06:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so I am only missing a little information, but I am not sharing that until we finish our mass claims, so that I can check claims against the logic board. 6 living players, 4 town vs 2 witches

Here is a progression so far:
    No Lynch D1
    Gac3 dies N1
    JP lynched D2 takes JeenLeen with him
    JL/Snowblaze killed in Elenna's place N2 and Valmark dies

Here is the plan from here:
    Lynch Xi D3 ->nothing happens
    Townie dies N3 (3 town vs 2 witches)
    Lynch Xi D4 -> dies (3 town vs JW)
    townie dies N4 (2 town vs JW)
    ?? dies (town wins or 1 town vs JW)
    townie dies N5 (JW wins)

So we are by no means guaranteed a win. We have to figure things out NOW. I am comfortable doing mass claims now. I think I was the main one objecting, so with my consent, I'll go ahead and start.

I am the Judge. The day ended over the weekend the first time and I hadn't left any instructions. That weekend was particularly busy for me. You'll notice I have been talking up the judge a lot (though several people have) and I tried to post at least once a day this past weekend (which is extremely rare for me) just to make sure I didn't miss it again.

EDIT:
    Oh and for completeness Xihirli should die.
    I'm of the of the opinion we should've done mass claims days ago, but at this point a lot of it comes down to luck. Still need claims from Apogee1 and Bunny Of Faith, one of whom might even actually claim.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm of the of the opinion we should've done mass claims days ago, but at this point a lot of it comes down to luck. Still need claims from Apogee1 and Bunny Of Faith, one of whom might even actually claim.
    Just to be clear, you are sticking with your original claim of Traveler?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Just to be clear, you are sticking with your original claim of Traveler?
    That is correct.

My Homebrew