New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

I found myself frustrated for most of the game. The lack of feedback makes it difficult to ever really be sure how the game is going, and that made it harder to get invested in how things were going. The fact that despite everything going town's way that could've possibly gone town's way, and we still coud've lost if the inactive player turned out to be a townie, doesn't help.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

I have to say...

Being a vanillager was awesome. No worries and I did my job perfectly eating a lynch.

Though I still wonder... Xi, why did you use the sacrifice kill on Caoimhin?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I take from this that you prefer before all the new summoning mechanics. Is that accurate?
    I don't like the new rules, but I admit that's largely without experience of them. I liked it when the game usually took 2-5 turns to really build up your field, via builds like Warrior Toolbox or Chaos. I forget exactly when I dropped out of the game, but probably at least a decade ago. Synchro summoning was a new thing and, between that and power creep of some other deck builds, it seemed like most games was done within the first few rounds (or at least decided), which made it less fun for me.

For your upcoming Yugioh game, are the players duelists or rules concepts?
    I actually started playing with links and synchros as part of my main Aroma deck. And I find Aromas real fun.
    It's just that all these summoning mechanics can be abused to absurd degrees, yeah.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I was going to suggest ending the game if Xi got lynched.

Good call Rogue, I didn't even see that white text for what you expected to happen. I (obviously) forgot that Bunny could not be judge, but my thought process was:

1 - If I'm a witch now, I might as well go for broke and try to win rather than tie. That means...
    2 - We need both of us to go into night to sacrifice and kill AV. I need to make sure Xi lives and try to convince a townie to vote other than Xi.
    3 - What do I claim?
    3a - Vampire Hunter is safest, but we lynch Xi and then it's 2 v 1 with Traveler still around.
    3b - Acolyte/Priest could work but best case we get down to 1 v 1 Judge or Traveler vs me which is a tie.
    3c - Judge! If we push enough we get rogue lynched then sacrifice either of us at night to get AV. Witches win a 1v1 against acolyte.
    3d - That's a perfect plan! No need to consider claiming Traveler.

Anyway, it was a fun game but it felt different from most of the others - I think this one was just very susceptible to being "solved". It seems like as soon as the Wolf made a decision the game goes from everyone trying to hide to having the important information out there (since a dead Wolf means Spy can claim).

One thing town could have done, on the day Jeen made their guess, is to lynch a Witch instead of the Vengeful Bastard. That would mean Witches are basically required to kill the VB at night unless they want the Wolf to run the game. Would have gotten rid of a witch and kept another townie alive if we forced them to take care of the wolf problem.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post

Good call Rogue, I didn't even see that white text for what you expected to happen.
    That is why I put it in white, as backup proof that I expected it to happen, without influencing your decision to pull that exact maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Anyway, it was a fun game but it felt different from most of the others - I think this one was just very susceptible to being "solved". It seems like as soon as the Wolf made a decision the game goes from everyone trying to hide to having the important information out there (since a dead Wolf means Spy can claim).

One thing town could have done, on the day Jeen made their guess, is to lynch a Witch instead of the Vengeful Bastard. That would mean Witches are basically required to kill the VB at night unless they want the Wolf to run the game. Would have gotten rid of a witch and kept another townie alive if we forced them to take care of the wolf problem.
    yea, but then the witches could just lynchkill a townie instead and convince the wolf the next day to eat townies instead (namely the Spy first). Then once the wolf starts eating and is immune to all kills, it becomes a whole different problem.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-08-20 at 01:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    yea, but then the witches could just lynchkill a townie instead and convince the wolf the next day to eat townies instead (namely the Spy first). Then once the wolf starts eating and is immune to all kills, it becomes a whole different problem.
    Note that the Spy couldn't be devoured.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Note that the Spy couldn't be devoured.
    Aww yes, I had forgotten that, but still the "best" move for the witches would be the same, to try to convince the werewolf to eat town, while town tries to convince them to eat witches. Forcing the other to deal with the problem. The witches are at a slight disadvantage that they have been outed by the Spy who can't be eaten, but others had revealed themselves at that point in the game.