New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Distancing that Xihirli said she was cool with. Doesn't exactly make sense to me as a D2 move, but neither do most of Xihirli's tactics.
    I did? I don't remember that.
    So you're saying that if I flip wolf, that proves that Rouge is a wolf, objectively and without doubt? That is what you're saying verbatim?

Honestly I think I missed the end of night. I have a lot to look over.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    So Jeen is either the spy or an actual witch ftr a town doesn't fake claim this.
    Town playing well doesn't fakeclaim spy. The strongest evidence in my eyes that Xihirli isn't town is that they didn't open the game already fakeclaiming spy. Or werewolf lover.

Also voting Xihirli confirms if assassin is alive or not tonight after Jeen presumably gets sacrificed
    Plans to analyze results tend to work a lot better when you don't announce them before the fact.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    So you're saying that if I flip wolf, that proves that Rouge is a wolf, objectively and without doubt? That is what you're saying verbatim?

Well first there are no flips

Second Jeen is claiming spy and is outing you as a witch

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

This post reads like you're fully aware this game doesn't have flips and you find it hilarious that the spy's outed you and yet can't prove a thing until the game is over.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Plans to analyze results tend to work a lot better when you don't announce them before the fact.
    Sometimes.

Here? Maybe you're right

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will say JeenLeen is completely lying, so they must want Xi killed. so Unvote Xihiril. I have to leave for the day, but will resume tomorrow. We need to lynch JeenLeen, though how to get that going is beyond me.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Also, pretty happy that the witches were my top suspects together with BoF and JP (marginally top suspects).
    If the Junior Witch is one of those two I'm satisfied.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I will say JeenLeen is completely lying, so they must want Xi killed. so Unvote Xihiril. I have to leave for the day, but will resume tomorrow. We need to lynch JeenLeen, though how to get that going is beyond me.
    Hardclaim now

What are you?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Since they're a polarizing figure now...

I'll vote JeenLeen, since she hasn't said anything yet. I think JonnyPatches is new, so welcome! It is always nice to have fresh blood (you know in a totally normal way, not in a "I want to suck your blood" kind of way ).
    This is RA's first post, and this is not a game where the scumteam is vampires. And yet their first post reads like they've got vampires on the brain. This could be a Vampire Hunter accidentally spewing themselves, a Vampire Hunter intentionally leaving a clue to their role, or a witch/werewolf subtly fakeclaiming the one non-power-role in the game.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Mainly if nobody counterclaims Jeen and Jeen gets sacrificed you two are witches, yes.
    If Jeen is lying it'll be proved before long, unless the witches for some reason allow Jeen to stay alive.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, let's talk strategy.

Mass-Claiming

If every single townie claims honestly right now, it doesn't matter who the witches are, they're just ****ed and there's very little they can do about it. There's one safe role for them to claim, and it's whatever gac was. We murder off all the duplicates, possibly assisted by spy's claims, and then there's one witch at most pretending to be gac's role. The only issue is the werewolf, who could then proceed to start their buffet with impunity.

Werewolf needs Witches and VB off the table in order to have guaranteed victory. Werewolf's goal is to lie low until Witches kill VB, that way VB has only a small chance of killing the wolf. Witches targeting the VB (or fakeclaiming VB to get town to lynch VB) is just handing them handing the game to the wolf. Which they might do out of spite, but hey that's the game theory of it: if village does the super-anti-witch move and witches do the super-anti-town move, guess who comes out on top?

But like...basically any other path to victory for the village is basically just luck. Oh and as for why I didn't suggest for the spy to claim yesterday:

1) Witches could figure this all out before the spy, and would get a claim out ahead.

2) This plan works best if the werewolf started their bloodbath on D1 (a stupid move), and then the spy claims, and then the rest of town claims. That has the wolf outed before they realize outing themselves has turned instantly bad.

(And that's why, when you see a supposed-townie suggest during gameplay that the optimal strat for scum is to tell the whole town who they are, you don't publicly call the townie out on telling scum to throw the game, Valmark.)

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #192

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    If Jeen is lying it'll be proved before long, unless the witches for some reason allow Jeen to stay alive.
    You have it backwards: it'll be proved before long unless the witches sacrifice him anyway - which they are well within their powers to do - allowing them to cause two mislynches and possibly get an extra assassin kill (or at least test the power of the assassin and see if they're the spy) for the cost of one loyal witch.

Annoyingly, this outburst is basically unprovable either way, which is why I have no idea what to do with it. Xi is kinda acting suspicious, though.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

And since I'm preaching the value of honesty: I am the real Traveler.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Well first there are no flips

Second Jeen is claiming spy and is outing you as a witch
    Ohhhhh okay all caught up. So you're saying... Seer claim, I'm scum.

Iiiiiinteresting.

I of course wholly deny these accusations.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

15. - Top - End - #195

OK, by my count a lot of people have posted, none of which have counterclaimed. Most importantly, neither Xi nor rogue counterclaimed, which is something I was a bit worried about since they're on the block.

By my count, the following people haven't posted since the claim: Snowblaze, BunnyOfFaith, JonnyPatches, Elenna, and gac3. A bit silly to include gac as I would be surprised if witches killed one of their own rather than sacrifice but felt like I should write it anyway.

If any of those 4 say they're spy, we'll have to decide between the two claims. But if none of the others counterclaim Jeen as spy we can lynch Xi before the day is over.

Vote Count (7 required for majority)

CaoimhinTheCape 1 (JonnyPatches)
    Xihiril 1 (Apgoee)

Not voting: 8 (CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze, BunnyOfFaith, Xihirli, AvatarVecna, Elenna, Valmark, JeenLeen, Unavenger, rogue_alchemist)

About 26 hours until day ends.

- - - Updated - - -

got ninja'd a lot, catching up...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Iiiiiinteresting.

So what are ya

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

(And that's why, when you see a supposed-townie suggest during gameplay that the optimal strat for scum is to tell the whole town who they are, you don't publicly call the townie out on telling scum to throw the game, Valmark.)
    ...when did I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    You have it backwards: it'll be proved before long unless the witches sacrifice him anyway - which they are well within their powers to do - allowing them to cause two mislynches and possibly get an extra assassin kill (or at least test the power of the assassin and see if they're the spy) for the cost of one loyal witch.

Annoyingly, this outburst is basically unprovable either way, which is why I have no idea what to do with it. Xi is kinda acting suspicious, though.
    How are they causing two mislynches? If Jeen lies then there will be a double kill and we'll know to steer clear from rogue without additional proof.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Up until enough people have claimed that there's a duplicate, I'll be voting for Xihrli.

And because it seems an obvious way to cast shade on my plan, I'm willing to prove I'm not the Werewolf by getting lynched, if that would make people less doubting of my intentions.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

So what are ya
    Definitely not a witch.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Okay, let's talk strategy.

Mass-Claiming

If every single townie claims honestly right now, it doesn't matter who the witches are, they're just ****ed and there's very little they can do about it. There's one safe role for them to claim, and it's whatever gac was. We murder off all the duplicates, possibly assisted by spy's claims, and then there's one witch at most pretending to be gac's role. The only issue is the werewolf, who could then proceed to start their buffet with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post

Werewolf cannot be lynched (including Judge). Can die to any other death, such as the NKs, the Vengeful Bastard, or a lover getting lynched. Devour immunity is absolute, not even an unblockable kill (from the Vengeful Bastard or a powered-up NK) can kill them while they are under devour protection.

The way I read this, if we all claim and Werewolf starts feasting they auto win as Vengeful Bastard can't kill them.

Prove me wrong?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Iiiiiinteresting.

No, Spy claim. Is that on purpose? (No need to answer, it wouldn't be a true answer xD)

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Like, I had soooooo many dumb strats for if I was Werewolf or a Witch. Werewolf strat was gonna be to just claim as soon as possible, complete with an attempted kill.
    Wait, why would you claim istantly as the Werewolf? The witches at that point could kill you as soon as it is comfortable for them. Or the vengeful bastard if they are killed.
    Evidence was requested.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #203

WolfInSheepsClothing

How are they causing two mislynches? If Jeen lies then there will be a double kill and we'll know to steer clear from rogue without additional proof.
    Oh, I forgot that they'd claimed spy-assassin in specific. But if the actual spy is the assassin, they still cause two mislynches (and find out who the spy is) and if the actual spy isn't the assassin, they cause one mislynch and one double kill, and find out someone who the actual spy isn't, and either way this stuff is kinda bad?

I dunno essentially what I mean is that if Jeen is lying, and we fall for it, it's really bad. But then it's still bad if Jeen isn't lying and we don't beleve them, and I can't think of any way (besides giving the wolf an all-you-can-eat menu) to work out whether Jeen is or isn't lying.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    The way I read this, if we all claim and Werewolf starts feasting they auto win as Vengeful Bastard can't kill them.

Prove me wrong?
    Well it just means we be strategical about claiming.

Suspected wolves claim first and counters come out if needed. We never have more than half the alive players claim. Wolf then has to decide if they start chomping and hope more claims emerge or if they wait and risk getting clipped by an NK or wagon

- - - Updated - - -

If rogue and Xihirli don't hardclaim soon I'm treating it as outing pretty much

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Prove me wrong?
    Isn't that the same AV said?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Like seriously

If I'm fake-witch claimed in this set up the first thing I do is counterclaim my real role. Or a fake role I know is safe to do so and/or I can signal is a fake somehow

I don't do whatever rogue and xihirli did

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Prove me wrong?
    Town strat is mass-claim, WW strat is just start chowing down. Town has a count-strat to that, and WW has a counter-strat to that.

No, I am not going to publicly spell out for you what the town's counter-strat is. Either the people who can pull it off have put effort into thinking through their role and know what they can do, or they haven't and we're screwed anyway. But we're definitely screwed if I spell out publicly what can be done about it.

The way things are going, town doesn't really know if JeenLeen's claim is true or not. It might be, but it could be a witch pulling a gambit. There's literally no way to know for sure until the end of the game. JeenLeen could be a witch spewing two random players, and the other witches have agreed to sacrifice JeenLeen tonight for the unblockable kill+assassin kill, while also convincing town that JeenLeen was the "real" spy and thus the two people JeenLeen claimed were witches will die the next two days. That loses one witch in exchange for wasting two lynches and getting two nightkills (one unblockable). That's a solid trade, and it'll even serve as a way for the witches to sniff out which of the other two is the spy.

Or maybe JeenLeen is actually the Spy, Xihirli and RA are actually the other witches, and we won't actually know for sure until the end of the game.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Town strat is mass-claim, WW strat is just start chowing down. Town has a count-strat to that, and WW has a counter-strat to that.

No, I am not going to publicly spell out for you what the town's counter-strat is. Either the people who can pull it off have put effort into thinking through their role and know what they can do, or they haven't and we're screwed anyway. But we're definitely screwed if I spell out publicly what can be done about it.

The way things are going, town doesn't really know if JeenLeen's claim is true or not. It might be, but it could be a witch pulling a gambit. There's literally no way to know for sure until the end of the game. JeenLeen could be a witch spewing two random players, and the other witches have agreed to sacrifice JeenLeen tonight for the unblockable kill+assassin kill, while also convincing town that JeenLeen was the "real" spy and thus the two people JeenLeen claimed were witches will die the next two days. That loses one witch in exchange for wasting two lynches and getting two nightkills (one unblockable). That's a solid trade, and it'll even serve as a way for the witches to sniff out which of the other two is the spy.

Or maybe JeenLeen is actually the Spy, Xihirli and RA are actually the other witches, and we won't actually know for sure until the end of the game.
    Bolded is where the real spy should counter though

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Oh, I forgot that they'd claimed spy-assassin in specific. But if the actual spy is the assassin, they still cause two mislynches (and find out who the spy is) and if the actual spy isn't the assassin, they cause one mislynch and one double kill, and find out someone who the actual spy isn't, and either way this stuff is kinda bad?

I dunno essentially what I mean is that if Jeen is lying, and we fall for it, it's really bad. But then it's still bad if Jeen isn't lying and we don't beleve them, and I can't think of any way (besides giving the wolf an all-you-can-eat menu) to work out whether Jeen is or isn't lying.
    They claimed warlock spy, Xi is the assassin.

If Jeen is not lying, Xi dies and sacrificing doesn't give a double kill.

If they are lying and the real Spy doesn't counter-claim... Sucks to be us.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Also yes

That's all I'll say on this