New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Witch Hunt!

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Witch Hunt!

...I realize that Elenna should also say who's the Warlock (since she didn't explicitely say that) seeing how we might risk lynching Xi twice for nothing instead of twice to kill her.

Or wether the Enchantress has Lovers, that's the real issue.

Also Elenna, why the witches killed gac3? Jeen gave a motive, can you do the same?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, multiple people have asked for witch roles, so: I'm the fake Enchantress (and therefore there are no lovers), Xi is the warlock, Unavenger is the assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    ...I realize that Elenna should also say who's the Warlock (since she didn't explicitely say that) seeing how we might risk lynching Xi twice for nothing instead of twice to kill her.

Or wether the Enchantress has Lovers, that's the real issue.

Also Elenna, why the witches killed gac3? Jeen gave a motive, can you do the same?
    Witches killed gac3 pretty much just as a random pick among people who were fairly active, weren't suspected of anything, and hadn't made any soft-claims.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if Elenna is truthful this is perfect. I'd rather take a double kill and not have to worry about the lynch-immune witch.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Haha wtf

That role info one posted de facto confirms one as spy one as junior witch imo

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe not I’ll think through this later

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Aventine said I could copy-paste stuff from the witch QT, so here's Unavenger's post re: who we should kill N1. I told the witches I'd made Bunny and Jonny the lovers on the basis that they were less experienced (no offense) and therefore less likely to be able to make use of the information that the other lover was town.

(The AV softclaim in question is the post where they said something like "don't put my name in your mouth" after someone mentioned roles that couldn't be lynched.)

> AvatarVecna is lovely, why would you kill her? :c But for realsies, that softclaim means it might be a bad idea. Also she townreads me! Love really is blind~
    > We can't kill Valmark because it would make me look bad.
    > We might be able to kill gac3, who has made no claims except not to be the spy or the JW.
    > We probably shouldn't kill Apogee1 while they're not contributing to town.
    > Maybe JeenLeen?
    > I like that Snowblaze is confusing Avvie and we should keep that up.
    > No zappa the bunny, it gibs anti-lynchies to Elenna.
    > rogue_alchemist seems a bit useless, so we might leave him to it.
    > No zappa the Jonny.
    > I have no good reason to kill Caomhin, but no good reason not to either.

Oh, and one of them may be secretly on our side, and one of them is secretly able to kill everyone's face off if they know who's who. This doesn't make it easy.

Ugh, right, FACTIONAL KILL: gac3, and in case someone decides to make a sacrifice behind my back, ASSASSINATE: JeenLeen, though I don't expect that to actually happen and if it does, something's gone wrong.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm not sure how offended I should be at the attempt to write like me, NGL.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I'm not sure how offended I should be at the attempt to write like me, NGL.
    NGL? More characters.

8. - Top - End - #248

WolfInSheepsClothing

NGL? More characters.
    "Not gonna lie."

Also, in answer to my own question, I have decided that "Moderate to severe" is a good amount of offended to be.

9. - Top - End - #249

So the options are:

JeenLeen: Spy/Warlock
    Xihirli: Assassin
    rogue_alchemist: Enchantress
    ???: Junior Witch
    ???: Werewolf

Elenna: Spy/Enchantress
    Unavenger: Assassin
    Xihirli: Warlock
    ???: Junior Witch
    JeenLeen: Werewolf

Assassin is always the best lynch as they will likely sacrifice the spy tonight. So I think it should be Xi or Unavenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'm the fake Enchantress (and therefore there are no lovers), Xi is the warlock, Unavenger is the assassin.

If there are any Lovers out there, you can end the speculation now. I wouldn't recommend saying your role but if there is a Lover saying something would clear this whole mess up.

@JeenLeen, are there any Lovers created by your Witch coven?

- - - Updated - - -

7 votes required for majority

Xihirli 4 (AvatarVecna, Valmark, Apogee, Unavenger)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)

Not voting: 7 (CaoimhinTheCape, Snowblaze, BunnyOfFaith, Xihirli, Elenna, JeenLeen, rogue_alchemist)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

So AV claimed Traveler, but I can't trust her to be honest.
    Elenna says Unavenger and Xihirli's roles, but she might be swapping them so I try to eat the wrong one. Plus, I'd rather the assassin get their power off.
    I feel like some other folk may have said something to let me hint well at their roles, but hard to tell.

Also, Xihirli, sorry for trying to kill you D2 when you're soon back to the game, but I figured your role would be hard to determine due to your confusion-fu. I almost said you and AV were the wolves, but it seemed unlikely the two most confusing folk would be on the team together. I picked rogue_alchemist (rather poorly, as Cao noticed) since he seemed a fair option and I figured I'd be outted once Xihirli got lynched; I forgot rogue_alchemist had voted for Xihirli.
    I am surprised I got a real witch, though.

But Xihirl 'dying', if Elenna is honest, means I get to eat her later AND Unavenger fuels an extra townie death when Elenna dies, so that's all good.
    So VOTE Xihirli.

And eat Bunny of Faith. AFK Judge? I hope?
    If I'm wrong, witches, you might want me to eat another townie before you kill me. Or let the Vengeful Bastard try to take me out tomorrow. I'll eat a townie tomorrow if I can, and AV might be the Traveler.
    I think, with you all outted (besides Junior Witch), you probably need me to help you kill enough for you to have a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

More sincere note: despite a somewhat boastful tone in part of the above, I do feel I screwed up in a couple points. Like, maybe it won't all matter, but maybe I could've done better. Plus, worried the witches would take me out tonight if they have 2 kills.
    Plus, I forgot that the unblockable kill can kill the Traveler. Otherwise, I might've tried to devour AV. But still reckon she might be lying as a sort of double-purpose statement.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

UNVOTE until somebody smarter then me sorts the implications of Jeen claiming Werewolf out.

Though I love "I can't trust her to be honest" from the one that fake-claimed at least twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'll bet on Elenna and vote Unavenger for now since assassin's the priority.

And if it's true:
    1) I'm bummed I didn't catch both OG witches after D1 after believing I did it;
    2) Trusting the gut feeling more then the behavioral pattern is something I should stop trying not to do.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

JeenLeen attempts to devour Bunny of Faith as the Judge...and fails

- - - Updated - - -

Xihirli 4 (AV, Apogee, Unavenger, JeenLeen)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Unavenger 1 (Valmark)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ok this is straightforwardish

Now we just need to mobilize town to vote in the right order and win

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    JeenLeen attempts to devour Bunny of Faith as the Judge...and fails
    That is a bummer.
    Well, witches... hope you decide I'm useful. If not, good game

- - - Updated - - -

Junior Witch: once Day ends and Night has started, you should join the witches. That way they don't accidentally kill you and Elenna can't out you. I really hope gac3 isn't the witch.
    I don't want to help the witches too much, but I definitely want the Town worried about more than just me as a threat.

Also, I find no Lovers interesting. I thought Snowblaze was probably one of the Lovers, and her request to not be lynched was to not screw over her partner. But obviously that's wrong if the Enchantress is the Spy.

15. - Top - End - #255

Alright, well. I gotta sleep on this but my thoughts for the biggest threat are either we get Unavenger to weaken the Witches or JeenLeen to get the wolf.

I really don't want Jeen to get another shot at guessing someone's role. Gonna look at the numbers and post tomorrow morning. I'll be around enough for a vote wherever we need it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Alright, well. I gotta sleep on this but my thoughts for the biggest threat are either we get Unavenger to weaken the Witches or JeenLeen to get the wolf.

I really don't want Jeen to get another shot at guessing someone's role. Gonna look at the numbers and post tomorrow morning. I'll be around enough for a vote wherever we need it.
    Can't lynch the Werewolf.

17. - Top - End - #257

Can't lynch the Werewolf.
    Oh. Well, that makes things easier. Then we get Unavenger so Witches don't get a double kill. Any reason not to?

VOTE: Unavenger

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Oh. Well, that makes things easier. Then we get Unavenger so Witches don't get a double kill. Any reason not to?

VOTE: Unavenger
    Not that I can see after Jeen's Werewolf claim.

Unless a third person comes now claiming Spy.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'll vote Unavenger in maybe ~12 hours then - might as well not get too close to ending the day early.

Also, witches, you could theoretically keep me alive until you decide there's someone you want to kill with an unblockable kill? I'm honestly not sure this is a good idea for you but just putting it out there...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Well that simplifies things I suppose.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #261

Just to make sure it is said, Vengeful Bastard's Target should be Jeen, if you get the chance tonight.

Xihirli 4 (AV, Apogee, Unavenger, JeenLeen)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Unavenger 2 (Valmark, Caoimhin)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Elenna is lying. It's extremely unlikely, given that she is now the uncounterclaimed spy, but it's possible the real spy is still lying low and Xi/Un aren't necessarily witches. But JeenLeen is the Werewolf. That is narrator confirmed. That is something solid to go on. If JeenLeen survives today, maybe he gets devour immunity tomorrow with a good guess - at this point, he has literally no reason not to try for it every single day. Additionally, if the Werewolf dies, the only reason for town to not mass-claim is gone. Getting the WW gone ASAP is town's priority so that we can share as much info together as possible and hunt down the witches. Unfortunately we cannot lynch the werewolf, and I think that means the judge can't lynch the werewolf either.

But...if we lynch the Vengeful Bastard...they can kill JeenLeen right here and now. So uh...if they're willing to take one for the team and leave the game early, we can take one faction out of consideration.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote for now to avoid hammering.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The problem with that...

...see? I said I needed somebody smarter then me. Yes, since the Werewolf already tried to eat today, the Vengeful Bastard should claim so we lynch them and they kill the Werewolf.

Then we can mass-claim and ferret out inconsistencies.

- - - Updated - - -

UNVOTE yadda yadda.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There are about 15 hours until day ends and the lynch is passed to the judge

7 votes required for majority:

Xihirli 3 (Apogee, Unavenger, JeenLeen)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Unavenger 1 (Caoimhin)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I'll wait some more hours but then I have to put the vote back on Unavenger to not waste it.

Just in case people, if you don't think you'll be around at the end of the day, you should leave a vote on Unavenger before leaving- lynching the assassin is better then not lynching at all if we can't pin the Werewolf down.

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Hardclaim now

What are you?
    Welp, I guess this is where I counterclaim. I'm the real spy. Unavenger and Xihirli are the other two non-junior witches. The junior witch hasn't joined us yet. I was hoping to stay undercover till they joined us, but JeenLeen forced my hand.

And no, JeenLeen is not a witch. Unless they're the junior witch, but I don't see why a JW would fake-claim spy. Current top guess among the witches is that they're the werewolf, and they're fishing for role-claims. As such, I suggest rogue_alchemist shouldn't claim, unless we decide to go with AV's plan and mass-claim.

I could tell you which of Unavenger or Xihirli is the warlock. Then you could try to lynch them and discover that I was correct. That should serve as pretty good evidence of my role, since I'm not sure how else I could know that a specific non-me person is lynch proof. But it involves a) wasting a lynch, and b) giving the werewolf one more good target to devour, plus a 50-50 shot at the role of the other non-me witch. What do y'all think?

So you did post that really dumb plan on purpose to try to make the werewolf do it? Ha, I was right about something for a change!

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, nevermind that third paragraph, since Xi ninja'd me with pointed comments about not dying.
    Aventine said I could copy-paste stuff from the witch QT, so here's Unavenger's post re: who we should kill N1. I told the witches I'd made Bunny and Jonny the lovers on the basis that they were less experienced (no offense) and therefore less likely to be able to make use of the information that the other lover was town.

(The AV softclaim in question is the post where they said something like "don't put my name in your mouth" after someone mentioned roles that couldn't be lynched.)
    Wow that was a lot to happen last night. I am glad I wasn't on to fold to pressure and claim and then just be outed for no good reason. Though I am offended that Elenna called me useless in the witch forum. I am tempted to agree with the plan that VB should claim and let us lynch them so they can take down the werewolf, then we can mass-claim without too much worry and just sort through the witches double-claim roles. Otherwise voting Unavenger is probably the next best option.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As much as I'd like to keep playing and trying to figure things out, for the greater good, I am the Vengeful Bastard. You Townies better not let me down.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

A vote for JonnyPatches is a vote for the werewolf.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269

Vote JonnyPatches

I was worried we wouldn't have enough people to vote if VB claimed but both town and witches want this.

- - - Updated - - -

There are about 11 hours until day ends and the lynch is passed to the judge

7 votes required for majority:

Xihirli 3 (Apogee, Unavenger, JeenLeen)
    Caoimhin 1 (Jonny)
    Jonny 2 (AvatarVecna, Caoimhin)

30. - Top - End - #270

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, fine, this works. Vote: JonnyPatches go get that wolf!