New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My son wants to draw your character

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    I adore the overwhelming positivity of this thread
    Yeah that's why I started posting here way back in the 3.5ed days, so much more positivity than the official boards.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yum Yum Hammer Claw is a Kobold artificer who is a bit curious and very knowledgeable but always getting into trouble. Named after being in a family that tended to smithing but he was supposed to be given away as tribute hence the name. Left to learn more and managed to become an artificer (eventually). Always is carrying around musical instruments and singing songs but lacks the sheer charisma to be a bard he still feels the need to introduce himself through song regardless (singing in the vein of tall tales of which he wants to be despite his small stature). Carries around a bunch of gadgets and odds and ends to tinker with he has his iron defender (looks like some sort of dire weasel) he has named Meepo after the great kobold of legend which he also rides as a mount and he has a familiar of a raven he has named for another kobold legend Deekin.

His main weapon is a spear which he uses as a thrown weapon, a lance, and as a pole to help check for traps...it might be in a bit of a rough shape. He wears for the moment scale mail (it seemed to fit him best) and a shield while keeping some daggers and a sling for back up (the sling is also useful for throwing items for a distance such as alchemist fire, thunder stones, or classic kobold nasty tricks). Likes to wear a wide swashbuckling hat due to the sun and wears goggles. Helps slightly but the sun still bothers him.

Despite being from the land of monsters he has studied in secret at the local university in Sharn to learn his trade (granted he was climbing around the ducts and other secret parts of the building but hey you can still get a quality education in there). Currently travelling with a group chasing a vampire around Korvaire. He does not care for the political intrigue of the mainly human nations too much like the others but these lightning rails and flying ships are certainly interesting so he tags along. Does get a bit annoyed when people keep thinking he is a cute little guy or when they do not take him seriously.
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold_paladin? View Post
    OK, I've got something rather different for him to draw: a Wyvern.

i think it'd be neat.

also: Bizmo Funyins is a kobold sorcerer, he wears an eye patch over his left eye due to an incident involving rot grubs and wears a "magical amulet" that a retiring wizard sold him (it's not magical, he was scammed by a charlatan) and has a billowy, dramatic cloak. his animal companion, a Quipper named Lou, resides in a fishbowl on top of Bizmo's staff.
    Here we go. My son has decided that his cloak is sentient and evil.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    this gets my vote for best thread of the year award.

I have one:

a warforged artificer who is a walking sewing machine with an animated mannequin(sewing dummy) as a steel defender.
    He was a bit confused by this one...

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by MeeposFire View Post
    Yum Yum Hammer Claw is a Kobold artificer who is a bit curious and very knowledgeable but always getting into trouble. Named after being in a family that tended to smithing but he was supposed to be given away as tribute hence the name. Left to learn more and managed to become an artificer (eventually). Always is carrying around musical instruments and singing songs but lacks the sheer charisma to be a bard he still feels the need to introduce himself through song regardless (singing in the vein of tall tales of which he wants to be despite his small stature). Carries around a bunch of gadgets and odds and ends to tinker with he has his iron defender (looks like some sort of dire weasel) he has named Meepo after the great kobold of legend which he also rides as a mount and he has a familiar of a raven he has named for another kobold legend Deekin.

His main weapon is a spear which he uses as a thrown weapon, a lance, and as a pole to help check for traps...it might be in a bit of a rough shape. He wears for the moment scale mail (it seemed to fit him best) and a shield while keeping some daggers and a sling for back up (the sling is also useful for throwing items for a distance such as alchemist fire, thunder stones, or classic kobold nasty tricks). Likes to wear a wide swashbuckling hat due to the sun and wears goggles. Helps slightly but the sun still bothers him.

Despite being from the land of monsters he has studied in secret at the local university in Sharn to learn his trade (granted he was climbing around the ducts and other secret parts of the building but hey you can still get a quality education in there). Currently travelling with a group chasing a vampire around Korvaire. He does not care for the political intrigue of the mainly human nations too much like the others but these lightning rails and flying ships are certainly interesting so he tags along. Does get a bit annoyed when people keep thinking he is a cute little guy or when they do not take him seriously.
    "Here's the guy with too many weapons."

6. - Top - End - #96

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    Used a picture he google image searched up as a model for the dino but did not trace it.

Fantastic! Thank you to you and him. Now, with this piece of historical evidence, it ought to be a small step to replace my Claw foot with a T-Rex 8)

And I gotta add: it's quite the action piece
    Last edited by Skylivedk; 2020-08-11 at 08:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

He was a bit confused by this one...

That's an amazing picture (and a very, very odd character).
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skylivedk View Post
    I'm about to play a boomerang wielding dinosaur riding Halfling.
    I'll confess, I first read this as "A boomerang-wielding dinosaur riding a halfling". Gotta be a pretty small dinosaur to ride a halfling as a mount, but what a character concept!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    That's an amazing picture (and a very, very odd character).
    It is and he is lol. Tulle believes in the power of a well-tailored suit. Especially that suit has more gizmos than James Bond and inspector gadget combined.
    what is the point of living if you can't deadlift?

All credit to the amazing avatar goes to thoroughlyS

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, even aside from the drawings themselves (which are awesome), I'm really enjoying reading all of the character concepts in this thread.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

I might as well toss my hat into this ring.

Thokgrund, Son of Dugthrán was a half-orc Ancestral Guardian. So far so standard, right? Well... he was also a Noble. Specifically, he was the youngest child of the current king of his homeland. He was a throwback to a more violent and warlike past, and he had been sent to the city where the game happened with his two brothers Dugthrán (his oldest brother, who did not approve of his shenanigans) and Harkûn (the middle brother, who quietly supported him) as part of a diplomatic mission. To the annoyance of Dugthrán, he did not, in fact, calm down and learn diplomacy. Instead, he was a hero who helped eliminate a local cult and prevent an invasion by elemental forces.

Did I mention he was color-blind, trusted (pretty much) everyone implicitly, and was incredibly excited about boats due to coming from a desert? Thokgrund was a lot of fun.

He was of average height and powerfully built. His black hair was neatly cropped and his two tusks were immaculate, decorated with thin strands of silver wire. He wore immaculate dark-blue clothing - a jacket, a pair of trousers, and fine boots. No, I did not forget to include the shirt. His primary weapon was a massive, intricately-carved greataxe that belonged to the founder of his dynasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"Here's the guy with too many weapons."

Love it. I like how he is riding his defender and the overall look of him.
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    I'll confess, I first read this as "A boomerang-wielding dinosaur riding a halfling". Gotta be a pretty small dinosaur to ride a halfling as a mount, but what a character concept!
    A Velociraptor is tiny, by D&D rules it could easily ride a Halfling. It would be much harder for them to throw a boomerang with those little hands though.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I might as well toss my hat into this ring.

Thokgrund, Son of Dugthrán was a half-orc Ancestral Guardian. So far so standard, right? Well... he was also a Noble. Specifically, he was the youngest child of the current king of his homeland. He was a throwback to a more violent and warlike past, and he had been sent to the city where the game happened with his two brothers Dugthrán (his oldest brother, who did not approve of his shenanigans) and Harkûn (the middle brother, who quietly supported him) as part of a diplomatic mission. To the annoyance of Dugthrán, he did not, in fact, calm down and learn diplomacy. Instead, he was a hero who helped eliminate a local cult and prevent an invasion by elemental forces.

Did I mention he was color-blind, trusted (pretty much) everyone implicitly, and was incredibly excited about boats due to coming from a desert? Thokgrund was a lot of fun.

He was of average height and powerfully built. His black hair was neatly cropped and his two tusks were immaculate, decorated with thin strands of silver wire. He wore immaculate dark-blue clothing - a jacket, a pair of trousers, and fine boots. No, I did not forget to include the shirt. His primary weapon was a massive, intricately-carved greataxe that belonged to the founder of his dynasty.
    Here we go...

Last edited by Bosh; 2020-08-11 at 08:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

I love it, especially the tusk bling.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here we go. My son has decided that his cloak is sentient and evil.

Those are wonderful. The idea about the cloak is also quite interesting. Artistic license, neh?

Every day now I look through my archive of character sheets and choose one. Today we have skolbak de guava, a Triton noble and master trident fighter. He wears scale mail and carries a trident. His helmet and paulderns have fin-things on them.

Also: Kuo-toa whip.
    lawful good isn't always lawful nice.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

My concept for a character is a 3.5 edition raptoran (think bird not lizard) warmage (They like spells that go boom) who wants to prove herself in battle so as to impress the air elemental lords that she hopes are watching so that she could fight in their wars. So she is a beautiful dreamer. She would start at 10th level. Pretty and proud (neutral).
    Last edited by Particle_Man; 2020-08-12 at 08:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Anselway is a gnomish fighter who wields a war pick in one hand and a shield that's almost as big as she is in the other. She's very nervous around things she doesn't understand (which is most things), but also very brave, refusing to put her allies in danger and always rushing in first.

She was exiled from her clan because she screwed up and got a lot of her people killed. She's immensely grateful to her new friends for taking her in, and is determined not to fail them like she failed her clan. She'll keep them alive, no matter what it takes.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Glad to see that the best thread is still running.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This is the most wholesome thread I've ever seen in my time on the internet...anyways.
    Thud of Clan Bouldercrash is a mountain dwarf. With short crewcut hair and a very thick chest length beard. He keeps his trusty twin headed battle axe at hand and as he is a battle eager is almost always in his armor covered head to toe in spikes most notable around his hands and chest.
    Last edited by FoxWolFrostFire; 2020-08-13 at 03:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold_paladin? View Post
    Those are wonderful. The idea about the cloak is also quite interesting. Artistic license, neh?

Every day now I look through my archive of character sheets and choose one. Today we have skolbak de guava, a Triton noble and master trident fighter. He wears scale mail and carries a trident. His helmet and paulderns have fin-things on them.

Also: Kuo-toa whip.
    Here we go...

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    My concept for a character is a 3.5 edition raptoran (think bird not lizard) warmage (They like spells that go boom) who wants to prove herself in battle so as to impress the air elemental lords that she hopes are watching so that she could fight in their wars. So she is a beautiful dreamer. She would start at 10th level. Pretty and proud (neutral).
    I especially like this one.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Gilphon View Post
    Anselway is a gnomish fighter who wields a war pick in one hand and a shield that's almost as big as she is in the other. She's very nervous around things she doesn't understand (which is most things), but also very brave, refusing to put her allies in danger and always rushing in first.

She was exiled from her clan because she screwed up and got a lot of her people killed. She's immensely grateful to her new friends for taking her in, and is determined not to fail them like she failed her clan. She'll keep them alive, no matter what it takes.
    Here's this one.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by FoxWolFrostFire View Post
    This is the most wholesome thread I've ever seen in my time on the internet...anyways.
    Thud of Clan Bouldercrash is a mountain dwarf. With short crewcut hair and a very thick chest length beard. He keeps his trusty twin headed battle axe at hand and as he is a battle eager is almost always in his armor covered head to toe in spikes most notable around his hands and chest.
    And the last one for today.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I adore the spikes sticking through the beard in this. I feel like this would be a really fun little character quirk for a long bearded Dwarf to have to constantly be cleaning and styling his (or her) beard because the armor spikes keep messing it up.
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2020-08-13 at 01:15 PM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I especially like this one.

Awesome sauce!

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I love it!! Am I crazy to say I can already see improvement from this and the first posts? The kid has a real talent for it
    Last edited by FoxWolFrostFire; 2020-08-13 at 06:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Junior wants more so I've been doing some over here: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...racter.868061/
    As well...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, let's throw an old character into the ring for more to work on, if he wants

Lepo is a Moon Druid/Ranger and is high level (retired now). He wear dragonscale half-plate, has a bone shield made by his lizardfolk teammate, and carries a Staff of the Woodlands (often with shillelagh active). He wears a belt of Giant Strength and is therefore extremely strong. In combat he goes between using elemental forms (most Earth and Air, but occasionally Fire), and fighting in Melee with his Staff and the Booming Blade spell. He is highly interested in animals and is a veterinarian by trade and has the healer feat, carrying an anatomy book that he writes in frequently when he encounters a new beast he has not met before (this is actually how he gets new wildshape forms, by adding new entries into this anatomy book). If he finds the beast dead, he will dissect it to learn as much as he can prior to putting it into the ground or consuming it.

Early on in his career he spent much of his time in various Dinosaur forms, and often summoned dinosaur allies to aid him in combat.

He most often cast spell is Goodberry to feed his friends, and has had various NPC that joined him through his adventures including awakened trees, awakened shrubs, a Mammoth, and a Goldfish.

Since he is a high level character, there is a lot that he can work with if he wants to go nuts
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2020-08-20 at 08:51 AM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

How have I not seen this thread before today?

This is amazing stuff! Thanks!