New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Mulan Coming to Disney+

90% of hacking is social engineering. Computers are perfectly safe and secure, its the people using them who arent.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I thought Ocean's Eight (the female one) did a decent job with portraying Hollywood Hacking more realistically.

The scene has no dialogue, so for those who want a quick synopsis - The hacker character (9-Ball, played by Rihanna) needs to get access to the museum's security program prior to the heist. She does this by simply looking up their security contractors on their website, targeting an executive who's likely to have such access, then heading to his social media page to learn some of his interests. Based on this, she quickly throws together an e-mail containing a hostile link based on those interests (i.e. a spear phishing attack). The guy no doubt thinks that the e-mail originated from one of several doggie forums or mailing lists he has subscribed to and doesn't question it - clicking the link and thus giving her access to both his computer and webcam. One RDP later and his machine is compromised, giving her pretty much everything she needs.
    Didn't even know they made an Eight. But good on them for doing a good job there!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #243
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Didn't even know they made an Eight. But good on them for doing a good job there!
    It has an amazing cast (Sarah Paulson, Sandra Bullock, Helena Bonham Carter, Awkwafina, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway and many others) and it made a decent chunk of change thankfully, so we may get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    90% of hacking is social engineering. Computers are perfectly safe and secure, its the people using them who arent.
    Yes. When there are big system vulnerabilities they can have a big impact - hacks like Heartbleed, Spectre or Meltdown, are good examples of this - but despite their big impact, those make up a very small percentage of the successful breaches compared to the ones that are rooted in human foibles.

Which makes "perfectly" a bit of an overstatement, but I get your point.

EDIT: Sorry, missed this from the last page:

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Did she create the blind spot, or just find it through careful analysis? I had the impression it was the latter.
    She created it - at 2:50 in the linked clip you can see her nudging one of the cameras out of position to cause a coverage gap. (I'm sure some amount of analysis was involved with selecting that one though, especially given its proximity to the women's bathroom.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2020-09-16 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

And the Honest Trailer is out now! Though not really covering anything that hasn't been covered elsewhere.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2020-09-16 at 05:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    And the Honest Trailer is out now! Though not really covering anything that hasn't been covered elsewhere.
    I'll be honest, those visuals look awesome. Now I kinda want to watch it just for the eye candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

I love Disney+ but i'm not going to pay this much money for a movie.. even if it would be my FAVORITE one (if it isn't btw).. so yeah don't know. I think the pricing is way to high.