New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

[Burglarising for JUSTICE!]

Fayyaad will swiftly, if not entirely confidently, climb up after Cantata. Here's hoping he's quick and discreet enough.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mountain Trip

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Trip]

"I have heard about that expedition. It is a shame I was unavailable for it. I have not been to the sea since arriving here." She'd rather not dwell on how she arrived for now. "I will try to return there someday. And I would very much like to learn how to fly one of Vigil's airships. But for what I intend to teach you, we are in need of a mountain. At least there is one closer by than when my sifu taught me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Mountain Trip

Fidelia gives Jenette a rather befuddled look. Tiddy monsters? She's as confused by what that implies as she is scared to ask. "W-well uh, maybe we'll have to find the time to go there sometime?" It would mean she'd have to find a style of bathing suit she's not too awkward to wear, but still.

She remembers the focus of why they're here after Calm Reed continues, turning her attention back to their leader as they continue to hike. What could they need a mountain for? They weren't supposed to, like, jump off or anything, right?

"Sure, I guess," Jenette answers noncommittally. She's not sure how her body would handle spending a long time near saltwater. Would she start to stink like a briny, washed-up corpse? Probably not (no, not at all), but maybe something to look into when she's on her own first, to avoid humiliating herself in front of her girlfriend.

"Can I ask why we need a mountain, or will that spoil the surprise?" she asks. Probably some 'communing with the earth' spiritual thing, she suspects. She isn't sure how to feel about spirituality and the arcane. It's all so exotic and strange, too many varied and conflicting magical theories and spiritual practices explaining everything differently from one another. A natural consequence of the Nexus pulling from so many realms and realities.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

"I suppose I have been cryptic for long enough," Calm Reed admits. "We are here to connect to Earth essence. My sifu took me on such a journey when I studied with him. To truly understand Earth Dragon style, you need to connect to earth. Which is difficult to do on a floating island. I have some exercises that we will perform once we get higher up the mountain."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mountain Trip

"What- what is it about the tip of a mountain that makes it better than a floating island?" Fidelia asks timidly, stepping over a devious length of root that pokes out from the dirt. "I mean, uh, I guess VIGIL doesn't have any connection to the actual ground, but isn't the top of a mountain closer to the sky?"

Not that she's really complaining or hoping for a change, frankly. Fi's not really notably claustrophobic or anything, but she's much happier scaling a mountain than delving into a mineshaft or wandering a cave. That's how you end up giving up your best friend to a terrifying shadow monster.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2021-02-17 at 05:20 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [The Underground]

[The Underground]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Me looks at the ship while thinking. The whole setup and technologie might be simular to somethign she knows, but with her knowledge of the race who build it she's not sure she can handle it.
    "I have to give it a try, but I'm sure i can handle the basics pretty fast." she will head for the ship unless my memory is wrong and the noise comes from the ship.
    Spot runs off to investigate the noise in the distance. Spike lurks nearby while Mia heads to the ship.
    It's simple enough to open the cockpit and climb in, despite the odd angle.

There's only space for one person to strap in comfortably - it's a lot like a fighter plane.

Normally it would require a key and a scan to confirm the pilot's identity - but it is a machine, and I'm sure Mia will be able to persuade it to activate, consoles lightning up, windshield automatically closing, engines starting. The machine has a lot to complain about after being left without maintenance for years. But the loudest complaint will be the sensors beeping that there are alien creatures inside this very hangar!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #456

[Mountain Trip]

"I suppose I have been cryptic for long enough," Calm Reed admits. "We are here to connect to Earth essence. My sifu took me on such a journey when I studied with him. To truly understand Earth Dragon style, you need to connect to earth. Which is difficult to do on a floating island. I have some exercises that we will perform once we get higher up the mountain."
    Mountain Trip

"What- what is it about the tip of a mountain that makes it better than a floating island?" Fidelia asks timidly, stepping over a devious length of root that pokes out from the dirt. "I mean, uh, I guess VIGIL doesn't have any connection to the actual ground, but isn't the top of a mountain closer to the sky?"

Not that she's really complaining or hoping for a change, frankly. Fi's not really notably claustrophobic or anything, but she's much happier scaling a mountain than delving into a mineshaft or wandering a cave. That's how you end up giving up your best friend to a terrifying shadow monster.
    "Maybe it doesn't count because the island is man-made? Or it's connected to the sky instead?" Jen guesses, shrugging since she has absolutely no idea herself. "Actually, is VIGIL's island man-made? I forget," she remarks, cursing herself for not spending more time studying the history behind an organization she never expected to join in her entire NPC lifetime.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

"I did ask about that. Other Vigil members told me that the island is a natural occurring phenomenon in the Hunting Grounds. Possibly influence of the goddess who presides over the place," Calm Reed explains. "When they found themselves without a base some years ago, Commander Wenomir led a raid to steal it. Regardless, it does float in the sky. The mountain is part of the earth. The map says there is a cave system here, which is our destination."

8. - Top - End - #458

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [The Underground]

Spot runs off to investigate the noise in the distance. Spike lurks nearby while Mia heads to the ship.
    It's simple enough to open the cockpit and climb in, despite the odd angle.

There's only space for one person to strap in comfortably - it's a lot like a fighter plane.

Normally it would require a key and a scan to confirm the pilot's identity - but it is a machine, and I'm sure Mia will be able to persuade it to activate, consoles lightning up, windshield automatically closing, engines starting. The machine has a lot to complain about after being left without maintenance for years. But the loudest complaint will be the sensors beeping that there are alien creatures inside this very hangar!
    [The Underground]

Yeah, that's correct. Mia will use her powers to communicate with the machine and much likly to make it work for her. She promises to take care of the maintanance when things are donw here, but right now she got bigger problems. With the radar spinning around she tries to activate some kind of lights. Spike and Spot might see well here, but she doesn't. She will use the radar to make her search easier. thought while doing so she tries to get more informations on the scan. Most likly by questioning the machine if it knows more about it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #459

[Enchanted Forest]

Adir successfully avoid blasting the pooka with his gun!

This is probably good, since repaying its kindness with violence might have unpleasant side effects.

He also successfully puts the waystone back on the ground.

This is likely also good, as you don't want to accidentally throw out your back Adir that isn't fun.

"Maybe?" the pooka offers. "It isn't up to me what the stone wants to charge for its services."

Very true. The pooka has no control over rock tolls. But then again, maybe Adir wasn't talking to the pooka. The creature looks quite thoughtful none the less.

"Oh! I have a good plan. What if I pay the toll for us, but then you pay me back with a favor that ISN'T a precious memory?"

Surely this is the best plan and couldn't possibly have any negative repercussions.

The stone seems to be open to this possibility.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #460

Mountain Trip

Fidelia raises an eyebrow at how casually Calm Reed phrases it. Wenomir stole the island from the goddess of the Hunting Grounds? She would've expected a bit more of a generous description, like "earned it through a display of martial prowess" or something. Still though, there are far worse places to seize your land from than the uninhabited Hunting Grounds. And if the goddess really had some sort of issue with it, she probably would've smote the base by now anyways.

"...Oh, so we'll be camping out in the caves then." Fi's never really been in one, but she understands that a cave's like a tunnel but a natural formation, and Skyside had enough tunnels for her to learn they weren't ideal spots to sleep in.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #461

Yeah, that's correct. Mia will use her powers to communicate with the machine and much likly to make it work for her. She promises to take care of the maintanance when things are donw here, but right now she got bigger problems. With the radar spinning around she tries to activate some kind of lights. Spike and Spot might see well here, but she doesn't. She will use the radar to make her search easier. thought while doing so she tries to get more informations on the scan. Most likly by questioning the machine if it knows more about it.
    The little ship rights itself, flipping quickly over to level out.
    The lights come on and sweep over the floor, revealing scattered bits of machinery and spare parts, and at the far end of the hangar, parts of the earth that have been dug out, tunnels leading out from the side of the crashed ship.
    As for the scan, Spike and Spot are marked as dangerous alien invaders. Spike has several question marks and danger symbols, and the ship is already powering up its laser gun for Mia to use. It also detects an unknown living creature in the hangar besides them. There are no other active machines nearby, but it is picking up a distant signal from a friendly operator, off to the north-west, outside the ship but not so far away.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #462

Mountain Trip

Jenette is similarly unsettled by the notion that VIGIL's commander could just up and steal a flying island from a goddess. Isn't he a human being with a magical sword? Okay, a human who's probably the finest swordsman in the world, who could probably pivot around her sloppy zweihander swings and behead Saint Lazarus in a fraction of a second if they ever had cause to fight, but still. How does anyone steal from a goddess? Isn't the whole point of divinity that you don't have to worry about such mundane things like property theft anymore?

"The goddess respects that kind of bravado, right? We don't have to worry about Wenomir getting on her bad side some day and turning the gravity back on, do we?" she asks, making a mental note to never approach VIGIL from directly below.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

"I believe that was the principle, yes. The goddess respects strength, so anyone capable and audacious enough to haul away a floating island clearly deserves it. Normally she gives out rewards to those who can slay the beasts dwelling in her domain. Commander Wenomir is... audacious. I have rarely seen people with this kind of determination." Calm Reed looks back to Fidelia, a pensive expression on her face. "We can camp out in the cave, or outside it, depending on the area. You do not study with me, Fidelia, but some outdoors practice will be useful regardless."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Enchanted Forest]

Adir successfully avoid blasting the pooka with his gun!

This is probably good, since repaying its kindness with violence might have unpleasant side effects.

He also successfully puts the waystone back on the ground.

This is likely also good, as you don't want to accidentally throw out your back Adir that isn't fun.

"Maybe?" the pooka offers. "It isn't up to me what the stone wants to charge for its services."

Very true. The pooka has no control over rock tolls. But then again, maybe Adir wasn't talking to the pooka. The creature looks quite thoughtful none the less.

"Oh! I have a good plan. What if I pay the toll for us, but then you pay me back with a favor that ISN'T a precious memory?"

Surely this is the best plan and couldn't possibly have any negative repercussions.

The stone seems to be open to this possibility.
    Adir gives the pooka a serious look. "Tell me the favor."

He is trying to make more patience for this creature, but he's not signing on for some nonspecific favor.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

At the front door...

The door opens safely! With a big, heavy, ominous creeeeak. Beyond it lies a spacious, but sparsely decorated entrance hall. There's two doors on either side leading off somewhere, a larger set of double doors at the back of the hall, and twin staircases leading up to a landing on the second floor, with doors leading off to the left and right there as well.
    Lots of doors, looots of ways to go!

"Awfully kind of you. Wretched thing, doors. And there's so many of them to-" The cube floats on in, pauses, rotates, hovers up, rotates back down to face Wren, and gestures upwards. "I say, do you feel that? Something awfully magical going on near the top of the building. Those ruffians must be up to something!"

If Wren can sense magical thingummies happening, he might well feel a bit of a tug somewhere towards the top of the fort as well. An observant eye would also spot a couple of set of muddy bootprints going up the stairs, too. Seems the "ruffians" did in fact go up.

Meanwhile, by the windows...

Cantata observes the following:

Looking through the second floor window, it appears to be on a ledge a little ways up from the hallway beyond. As she looks through, she can see the hallway extends off to either side before ending in a corner either way, acting as something of a perimeter round the outside of the fort, with shut doors at regular intervals along the way. To the left, it looks clear. To the right, she gets a glimpse of the back of a man, wearing a brown hooded cloak, walking off round the corner. A patrol, perhaps?

The third floor layout mirrors the second, albeit with only a single large set of doors visible, partially open, that same ominous blue glow leaking out from within. An ominous hum accompanies the ominous glow, but the hallway itself seems deserted.

"Yes, I feel it," says Wren, nodding. He'll creep over to the door, sword drawn, and pause at it for a second, keeping a close listen in case there's anybody waiting inside. Focusing for a second, he draws a little rune in the air, which creates a sharp gust of wind that suddenly rushes into the room, strong enough to ruffle any open books - or set off any *particularly* sensitive traps that might have been lain. When he's satisfied he won't immediately set off a trip wire and get his head chopped off, he'll creep in and up the stairs, keeping to the edges, being very alert of any odd noise or movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The little ship rights itself, flipping quickly over to level out.
    The lights come on and sweep over the floor, revealing scattered bits of machinery and spare parts, and at the far end of the hangar, parts of the earth that have been dug out, tunnels leading out from the side of the crashed ship.
    As for the scan, Spike and Spot are marked as dangerous alien invaders. Spike has several question marks and danger symbols, and the ship is already powering up its laser gun for Mia to use. It also detects an unknown living creature in the hangar besides them. There are no other active machines nearby, but it is picking up a distant signal from a friendly operator, off to the north-west, outside the ship but not so far away.
    [The Underground]

Well, even if they are marked dangerouse she will try to calm the system, thought she keeps it in mind since this might mean they just tricked her here to get the technologie. Mia will try to get the light on the other creature that seems to be more trustworthy related to the scans. for now she just wants to use the light unless it attacks.

She then tries to find a micriphone or some way to communicate with the outside.
    "Whoever there is, show yourself peacfully."

17. - Top - End - #467

Mountain Trip

"Well, uh, that is a fair bit reassuring to hear. Not- not really very good when divinities tend to double-cross their principles. Can't really say, um, that I agree with hers though." Centering your philosophy on power and power alone as justification for ownership felt almost rampant in Skyside, and the results weren't very pretty. And I'll follow your lead on that. It's- well, it's good to know the skills my partner has."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #468

Default [The Underground]

The lights sweep over the area, showing Spot and a small long-tailed creature circling each other.

It should be totally obvious to Mia: that's a demon. It looks a little spikier than the ones she's seen, but unmistakable.
    The little demon glances over when her voice comes over the fighter's speakers, and then has to dive out of the way as Spot leaps towards it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #469

[The Underground]

Kinda hard to do anything when they are at a close combat. So Mia just waits up for an oppotunity. After all Spot is on her side. So when they are apart enougth she will try to use the weakest weapons on the ship. She doesn't want to blow everything up. But first she needs to discuss this with the ship, telling him that Spot is on her side and the demon is the enemy.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Halfling in the Playground

The Second Floor...

Cantata and Fayyaad make their way through the window safely. The hooded figure continues his patrol further down the hallway, none the wiser as to the intruders behind him, leaving the two of them alone, for the moment now. The sound of footfalls on stone from somewhere behind them suggests there's at least one guard on patrol, who will turn the corner at the other end in a little while. Aside from that, there's the faint sounds of murmuring coming from one of the rooms. Sounds like two voices, grumbling to each other.

Other than that, there's several other doors into other rooms the two could duck into, to hide from passing patrols.

Meanwhile

Past the front gate

Wren sneaks in.

The cube, uh, floats in. "You're awfully good at that sneaking thing, aren't you? Why, I imagine I'd barely know you were there if not for all those explosions outside!" Quite the chatty fellow, isn't he? Might cause a problem in the long run if he keeps talking away.

It probably doesn't help when, for all his care, a couple of the stairs still stubbornly creak on the way up. Mercifully, it does't cause anyone to come running with sharp pointy weapons or anything.

Up on the second floor, Wren has the option of a door to the left or right. Those muddy bootprints on the stairs lead on through the door to the right, if he wants to keep following them.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking quickly, Fayyaad tries to duck into a room adjacent to the one where voices are coming from. This way they can hide from the patrols and maybe listen in on the conversation.

22. - Top - End - #472

Mountain Trip

Spoiler
    Show
    [Mountain Trip]

"I believe that was the principle, yes. The goddess respects strength, so anyone capable and audacious enough to haul away a floating island clearly deserves it. Normally she gives out rewards to those who can slay the beasts dwelling in her domain. Commander Wenomir is... audacious. I have rarely seen people with this kind of determination." Calm Reed looks back to Fidelia, a pensive expression on her face. "We can camp out in the cave, or outside it, depending on the area. You do not study with me, Fidelia, but some outdoors practice will be useful regardless."
    Mountain Trip

"Well, uh, that is a fair bit reassuring to hear. Not- not really very good when divinities tend to double-cross their principles. Can't really say, um, that I agree with hers though." Centering your philosophy on power and power alone as justification for ownership felt almost rampant in Skyside, and the results weren't very pretty. And I'll follow your lead on that. It's- well, it's good to know the skills my partner has."

"I'm fine in or out of the cave. If we need someone to keep watch toni-" Jenette blinks, having forgotten who she was talking to. She's used to being the most grotesquely powerful individual in the room, but Calm Reed is an Exalted, she doesn't need a zombie's eyes in the dark. Anything that means to cause the trio trouble could probably be punched into the stratosphere with ease, probably.

"Actually, I think we'll be fine."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #473

Burglarizing for JUSTICE!!!

Cantata follows Fayyaad's lead, picking up on what he's thinking and moving over to put an ear against the shared wall. She keeps an eye out for any sources of cover or sightlines to the door as they enter, already thinking on where to hide or take position if someone chooses to enter.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

"I have not heard of anything particularly dangerous in these woods." Certainly nothing that could threaten her, but she'll tactfully not mention that. As the trio continue their hike, they eventually come to what must be their destination. The trees become more sparse as they come up to a steeper, rocky slope, which opens up into what looks like a modestly-sized cave. There's the sound of splashing water and singing birds somewhere in the distance. The forest is as busy as any wood in spring. "Well, here we are. There seems to be enough space in front of the cave, so let us pitch our tents here and go explore it. It is hard to say from here much much room there is inside."

25. - Top - End - #475

Default [The Underground]

Kinda hard to do anything when they are at a close combat. So Mia just waits up for an oppotunity. After all Spot is on her side. So when they are apart enougth she will try to use the weakest weapons on the ship. She doesn't want to blow everything up. But first she needs to discuss this with the ship, telling him that Spot is on her side and the demon is the enemy.
    The ship really recommends that she shoot Spot first!
    But since Mia insists, it reduces the laser to low power and zaps the demon!
    The awful smell of burning demon fills the air, and while the laser shot is perfectly survivable, it distracts the monster long enough for Spot to pounce on it and finish it off.

Spike looks up at the hovering ship.
    "Mia? You have it working?"
    And it's not just shooting things out-of-control?

26. - Top - End - #476

[Enchanted Forest]

The pooka's ears flatten out at Adir's reply.

"Oh, haha, you're going to put me on the spot? Ummm..." the pooka dithers back. Apparently it hadn't really thought this far ahead.

Or maybe it had and just wants Adir to THINK it wasn't thinking ahead.

Pookas are devious like that, so it's hard to guess.

"Ah! Oh oh I know! I was born here in the Dreamlands, so getting out is really tough. I want to see the Waking World! After you rescue Cassie-Cute-As-Puppies I want you to take me with you."

Well!

Surely nothing bad could come of that, right?

No way letting a trickster spirit out into the world could harm anyone?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #477

Default [The Temple of Inari]

Jade appears in the sanctuary of the temple, as before.
    The altar with its statues and mirrors at one end. The doorway to the arboretum at the other. A path to the gardens there, and to the hospital just across the way.

Everything is peaceful here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Inari
    Jade looks around. She's been here before. The difference is that she wasn't a kumiho that time. Tail slowly, warily waving, she steps out into the sanctuary. "Hello? I'm supposed to see the high priest?" She's a bit nervous. What if the reaction is different because of her current species?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #479

Default [Temple of Inari]

Well, maybe for Jade, it isn't entirely peaceful. Something about this place, she isn't unwelcome, but doesn't entirely fit in like she did the first time.
    Also new is a clear sense that she shouldn't try to leave the sanctuary for the other parts of the temple.
    There are strange creatures and structures up in the rafters that weren't visible when she came here as a human - white furred things with too many legs scurrying about, and elaborate glittering nets and spires.

But like before, there's an acolyte (a human in robes all-white this time) watching over the altar, who welcomes Jade just as warmly as before.
    "Of course, if you'll wait just a minute."

And true to what he says, in just a minute someone comes through the doorway that would lead to the Priests' Quarters. His robes have the same design that all the clergy's uniforms have, but are of fine silver-colored cloth. He's very handsome (if you like fox-people, anyway) and seems to have not one but six tails swishing behind him.
    "Hello Jade. I heard from Blossom that you want help changing your nature?"
    And even as he arrives, he's looking into Jade's heart and mind (such as they are). It's subtle enough that normal people wouldn't notice, but then, she's hardly normal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Temple of Inari
    "...Yes." How did Blossom get that message here so quickly? "Yes. I never wanted this. I don't want to be hungry anymore. For, you know..." Jade is nervous and uncomfortable. She's fighting down a deep, primal hunger for mortal hearts. Really, truly, she wants to help people, to save lives, and to continue to do so. She's fighting her Kumiho nature, which insists that she's always been such a creature, and she's eaten so many people before, using the knowledge given her by her friends, that despite the alterations to her memories, she was human before, truly human and not merely in disguise.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters