Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Divine Visitation]

After relaying that information, Message recommends,
    "Start with a dance. And next time, have something more specific."
    "Come up with a good prize for the person with the best costume."
    None of this murderous jealousy stuff.

"Do you know what happened to the incubi? Sapphira just lost interest in them, or something more?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

Divine Visitation
    Sekhmet frowns. "The incubi, right. Mother, uh, sent them all to a deeper part of the palace and told them not to come back. I don't, uh, know why. But I haven't, uh, done anything about it yet." She shivers. "I'm a little worried what Prumathe would think if I was surrounded by attractive men." Sekhmet thinks about the other points though. "The, uh, way they define a good costume is, uh, different from me. I think, uh, if I were the one to choose, they wouldn't be happy with the result. But what would be a good prize? All their, uh, material wants are magically fulfilled by the, uh, palace. I can't give them a typical succubus, uh, prize." Message's postcognition definitely revealed that Sapphira gave out that prize frequently for various competitions, and actually followed through with it on the rare occasions the winner didn't make her jealous enough to annihilate them.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1473

Message gives Sekhmet another disappointed look.
    "Is that really a good reason to leave a bunch of people locked in the depths of the palace?"

"Appoint someone else judge, who's more aligned with local tastes. Or maybe Prumathe could do it. " Easy enough to solve.

"I'm sure you can find something that's not a standard material reward. A kiss on the hand, a vacation to the mortal world, a Sekhmet-made golem, some fiendish magic nonsense, a giant statue, a temporary title, it could be anything really."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-11-16 at 12:29 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Divine Visitation
    "Oh! Uh, I know they would like to visit the mortal plane. That's, uh, something they can normally only do if, uh, summoned or they find a permanent portal, uh, here. I'd, uh, have to set them up with a magical anchor to uh, keep them from discorporating on the other side though." Sekhmet considers. "I think, uh, selecting a panel of judges from among the succubi at random might be good. And, uh, making it clear I'm not competing. They, uh, have a thing about not wanting to, uh, compete with the queen." Then back to the talk of incubi. "You, uh, think I should invite them back? I can, uh, understand that. Uh, maybe we can use that as the excuse for the party?" That sounds like a good plan to Sekhmet. And she has one other thing to bring up. "I, uh, don't think Prumathe should judge the contest, but, uh, should I bring him?"

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1475

Message nods along. "That sounds like a plan. And yes, I think you should. Although perhaps they'll wish to stay in the depths of the palace?"
    "It's certainly an important occasion - but you can also have a party for the occasion of you taking over, or for no reason at all!"

"As for Prumathe, well, it's up to you two. It might help, but it will certainly get a lot of fiendish attention."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Divine Visitation
    "Uh, I think I should bring him. It would be, uh, awkward if I was, uh, unaccompanied in a room full of incubi and succubi. Uh, maybe I can try, uh, that succubus thing you suggested on him." Sekhmet thinks aloud. Of course it would be totally embarrassing... But at a party where everyone is already like that, no one else would care, would they?

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Great Inland Sea]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    It's a little disappointing that there's no caves or sunken ship or giant fish here.
    But racing around tossing up silt is good too. That occupies three hatchlings, while Hana swims deeper, towards the shelf.

Cleo is probably scaring away the pike-fish just by being so strange. But maybe that'll drive one right towards Keiko, if they're lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    "We should stay together," Steven suggests. "We're all equipped to be down here, but that doesn't mean we can't get lost."
    It's not like there's many landmarks this far down.
    As Hana approaches the edge, she may or may not notice that the silt stops and the floor becomes swept-clean rocks

Caroline nods her agreement with Steven

I think that's a good idea: we can see pretty well, but fresh water isn't known for its clarity and no amount of fancy eye configuration is going to help if the water is just too full of junk for light to even get through. Granted, we can always teleport back to the beach but if one of the kids wanders off it will not be fun.

Keiko hasn't had luck finding anything - it's likely the group's noisy entrance scared every away fish within a mile. Caroline's concern is not unfounded, either: with the hatchlings playing in the silt, visibility is beginning to drop.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground