Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

[The House that was Won]

Edgar would blush if he could. Aethiir just put her hands all over him and she's acting like that's totally normal!
    "Y-yeah, well, you don't go getting any ideas just because you just saw me with my pants down." Well really it's more of a skirt, so he had to raise it.
    "B-But uh. Thanks. You did great, too. You can take a bunch of the crystals for your pile if you want."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

The House that was Won

"Maybe later. I don't have anything to carry them with. Shall we go tell everyone that the mines are clear?" She begins carefully picking her way over the crystals back towards the entrance they came through.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[The House that was Won]

Edgar picks up his club and a sample of the crystal.
    "Fair enough. This skirt doesn't exactly have any pockets and I left my bag with the palanquin." Edgar isn't totally excited to squeeze through those passages again, but he follows Aethiir out regardless. Now that they're one he has no interest in staying in this horrid place any longer than necessary.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

The House that was Won

Our protagonists can escape the mines and head back to the town, where they are hailed as heroes. The townsfolk are sure that with that menace removed, prosperity will soon be restored. They now have confidence in their new Count to know how to solve these problems and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty on their behalf.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #395
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Enchanted Forest]

The horse gives a deep sigh when Adir claims the bridle.

This just isn't going to stop being an unpleasant day for him, is it? At least with Owlteeth gone there's SOME change he'll get his freedom again.

An awful retching noise comes from the horse as a huge lump travels up his neck and his jaw unhinges impossibly wide.

*BLEGH!*

A massive blob of dark colored mud, murky water, and water weeds splats against the road. Then the horse takes a deep breath and blasts the mud heap with a stream of water from his mouth. Just hosing that mud down. And as it gets hosed there is revealed a young human boy! Maybe six years old with dark hair, a few pond weeds still draped across him. He's wearing a green tunic and trousers with a little silver amulet around his neck. He coughs a few times, dripping wet.

"There now, see? Right as rain," the horse says amiably. "Now if you could just give me my bridle back I'll be on my merry way."

What a helpful carnivorous horse.
    [The Enchanted Forest]

Adir gets as close as he dares to this sickening display and waits for the water to stop. He tries to scoop the kid up and back away a couple steps.

He holds the bridle out at the monster like a totem to ward off a vampire. "Tell me how the cages open." Like hell is he gonna give the bridle back first if it genuinely gives him the ability to command this thing.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Enchanted Forest]

Will is successfully scooped. He's soaking wet but he appears unharmed? The child coughs a few more times. "I feel funny..." he mutters. Adir might note that the boy has horse hooves in place of normal human feet. But considering what a few of Adir's children are like that might not strike him as particularly unusual.

Then?

Adir brandishes the bridle and makes a demand!

The horse sighs again.

"Touch a bit of iron to the cage and say 'Please'," the kelpie replies.

Should Adir do so?

He'll find the cages swing right open. Two children back away from him, frightened. Two more cautiously climb out and stick close. One looks confused and the last takes off at a run toward the forest beyond the edge of the road.

"Ah, don't let the kiddos get too far off the path!" the helpful carnivorous horse warns.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia will follow them up, not wondering while Spot can dig so well or at least not showing. Those good demons are still somewhat strange.

Inside Mia will examine the computers. she wants to find out where to look next for the powetr source. She sure got a small one at hand, so in case she can't make it out by studiying the electronics she has to awake one of the terminals.
    They are even stranger than Mia knows. Not being surprised by small things like good digging ability is probably a good idea.

Power came from somewhere near the center of the ship, coming in through cables that ran under the floor.
    Of course, the main power is not working. And after all this time and all the destruction, the batteries here are drained.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Underground]

That is no suprise at all. She knows that energy is still a resource you can't store in other worlds. The nexus already taught her that. But befor she wasts the low energy she got with her she seeks for the cabels and tries to lead a path.

"This must be the main energy line." she says. "If we follow we should find the core. Even if it isn't there or broken we might find some remote energy or anything to get a part of the ship running. I like to reach the bridge or any kind of important rooms from high class members."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #399
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Enchanted Forest]

It's true, Adir doesn't know what to think of the hooves. Solving that mystery drops low on his list of priorities as he tries to lift Will and place him over by the side of the carriage. One by one he'll try the kelpie's method on the cages, using one of his swords for the iron. He's just getting ready to try to coax the scared kids out of their cages when one of them takes off toward the woods. He grits his teeth over a curse and hurtles in that direction, his legs eating up the distance.

He might be able to catch the kid, he might not. Either way he doesn't wanna risk it, and he uses his Dad Voice. You know the sound. In the kind of tone that means you're in serious trouble, he shouts, "Don't you take another step!"

If his lunge or his voice works, he tries to grab the kid up and hold them. "You gotta stop! You can't go out there!" He'll say, this time with a lot less volume. "You can't go out there. I'm gonna take you out of this place a different way. Please just come back over with the others."
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Enchanted Forest]

The mystery of the hooves will remain unsolved for now, for their is a small child running off the trail.

You never realize just how fast children are until they're running headlong into danger.

Toward the raging river.

Toward the edge of that precipice.

Toward a busy street.

Or toward the edge of the Lord's Road.

Adir's voice causes the child to pause just long enough for Adir to snatch her up before she can get more than a single foot off the edge of the road. She immediately begins kicking and screaming. "LET ME GO LET ME GO OOWWIE OWWIE NO LET ME GO!"

The crying will probably come next. It's going to upset all the children. It's going to make everything worse.

Then the horse starts singing.

It's the most beautiful tenor voice that Adir has likely every heard. Enchanting. Enthralling. The children all fall silent to listen to the horse.

Adir, holding the bridle as he is, will find himself unaffected by the enrapturing charm. One by one the children begin falling into a deep slumber save, oddly, for Will. The little girl who was squirming and fighting in Adir's grip is now breathing deep, her eyes closed.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    That is no suprise at all. She knows that energy is still a resource you can't store in other worlds. The nexus already taught her that. But befor she wasts the low energy she got with her she seeks for the cabels and tries to lead a path.

"This must be the main energy line." she says. "If we follow we should find the core. Even if it isn't there or broken we might find some remote energy or anything to get a part of the ship running. I like to reach the bridge or any kind of important rooms from high class members."
    Mia shouldn't have much trouble tracing the power cables inwards. It's about 100 meters of hallways, empty and dark, with the occasional scrap of twisted metal or broken glass, and one scattered human skeleton beneath a stained bulkhead; someone aboard who did not survive the crash, long ago.
    They eventually come to a big circular room with its door sealed shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Placard over the door
    PORT AUXILIARY POWER
    ☢RADIATION HAZARD☢
    AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine