New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

Greater Wood Tomb

"They're not even the kind of ankles your people have!" Mina sticks her tongue out. She was clearly hoping for something more flattering. She was also expecting more of a reaction to being told her talking knife polymorphed her.
    "But yeah, so we both have no clothes that fit us besides what we're wearing. Do you have any money at all? We both could probably use some things from the mall. And I can show you around the city."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Greater Wood Area]

"Well..." Gwas begins, producing a small purse full of glowing gold coins. "...I don't see this buying us much, but it's something. Perhaps, at most, a spare outfit each?"

He was, of course, severely underestimating the value of the money he had. Each coin was pure gold, and laced with certain arcane properties at that; the raw material alone would make each one the rough equivalent of a few hundred dollars, and he had almost a hundred of them on hand.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Greater Wood Area

Mina blinks at the purse.
    "Um. Gwas. That's enough money to buy a car. And probably rent of a decent apartment for a year. But why do they glow?" Would the glow make them more valuable? She hopes so.

4. - Top - End - #1264

[Greater Wood Area]

"...Because it's gold?" Gwas blinks. "Does... does gold not glow where you come from?" He re-ties the purse and frowns. "Are cars expensive? Are apartments? You make it sound like this is a lot of money, but it can't be more than a week's wages, can it? How rare is gold over here?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Greater Wood Tomb

”No Gwas, that’s a few MONTHS wages bare minimum. You just bought us whole new wardrobes. And enough Ichor Liquor to last you as long as you’ll need. C’mon. I’ll show you the mall. It’s your money so we won’t spend all of it. But maybe for helping you out I can at least get a new shirt?”
    Is Gwas going to let his new friend lead him all the way to the city and possibly spend a chunk of his money?

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Greater Wood Area]

When he woke up this "morning", Gwas was a squire to a tomb guard, an honorable but thankless job, where he would toil in obscurity with his sour-faced master until the day he died.

Now, though his master was dead, his charge was sealed more securely than he'd considered possible, he was hanging out with a sweet minotauress, and has enough money to thrive in a new life.

Absum rewards the meek, it seems. He was going to like it here. "Lead the way."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Greater Wood Area

Mina smiles as best she can and takes Gwas’ shoulder. She won’t need her staff as much.
    ”I’d be happy to.”

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Halfling in the Playground

[Frescot Residence]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Frescot Residence]

"My priority is Cassie too; both Cassies, and all our kids. I don't pick any favourites just because it's difficult." Sakura rebuts firmly. "This Cassie is your child too, unless you treat her like she's not. I won't do that, though."

The dryad bites her lip before she speaks again. She knows this is treacherous ground. "You know how I mentioned it's like I can feel what the kids need, without them telling me or just the smallest change of expression?" She's tried to explain it before with some difficulty. It's a feeling that got far more keen after she and the kami were merged, and she knows that who ordeal has been challenging... "Well with her it's no different. There's nothing different about her and the other kids."
    "I-- I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm playing favorites because I care more about our kids than-- than-- this stranger? Do you even hear yourself right now?" Adir runs his hands hard over his face, trying to push down the frustration rising in his throat. "No. You don't get to put this on me. I'm not the bad guy here. I'm not the one putting our kids in danger."

"If-- if she is something else-- she is supposed to fool you, Sakura. That is the point. These things are older than you. They're smarter than you-- smarter than both of us put together! And they don't think like us! The way they think doesn't make any sense at all!" The irate stag pushes himself off the bed, starting to shuffle off his shirt and padding around for a new one. "I'm done with this. I'm going to separate her. Me and her can sleep downstairs. I'm not going to be doing much sleeping anyways."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Great Inland Sea]

Whisked along by Cleo's spell, a group of dragons appears on the shores of a vast lake: and odd collection they must seem, with two of them being black with purple highlights, one silvery with navy highlights, one pink with twisting horns and additional impossible claws, and four smaller hatchlings.

Caroline blinks Just how far was that?!

Keiko giggles Pushing six thousand miles, if I remember right, and it's not a trip you'd want to make on foot! We're all the way on the other side of the Sea of Sand. We found this place completely by accident, and had some fun adventures with a village of draconian folks up in the woods over there.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Inland Sea

Even more out of place is that two of them aren't even Inland sea dragons (or the children of one).
    "I can't say I've ever seen a lake this big." Steven observes, noting the lack of salt-smell.
    "So what's the plan? Are we just going for a swim?" he asks the group. Some part of his brain snickers at the scenario: a group of eight all on an expedition and not a scrap of cloth among them. His parents would be mortified if they didn't have the full context.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2021-09-14 at 04:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271

[Witch and the Frog Prince]

The bogwitch nods.

She gestures at the clothes on the table. "These are yours," she says.

She keeps on looking at the potions.
    "So I made these. They're supposed to speed plants' growth by pouring them by their roots, which then diffuse into the soil and are absorbed slowly." Deciding to not be roundabout, she just goes straight in to the crux of the issue. "So I'd like an alternative perspective on this problem. I want to apply the potions to underwater plants. One possibility is injecting them directly into the plants, but that has the obvious problem that these potions aren't meant to be directly injected and may cause serious problems."

With a tentacle, she holds one of the potions out to her new apprentice. "This is a test for you: What methods would you use to apply them, and how would you determine how effective it is?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #1272

Mountain Trip

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Trip]

Calm Reed starts instructing the two other women in setting up camp, doing her best to make it seem she's guiding them rather than just telling them what to do. St. Lazarus gets the job of helping Calm Reed pitch their tents and Fidelia prepares a campfire. The modern camping equipment is somewhat new to the monk but she doesn't let that stop her. Once the camp is finished, she looks over it and nods.

"This should do nicely. Let us proceed to our training now. The cave where we found the automaton will suit us well." She will lead them back to the cave and take up a position near the entrance. "Stand in the centre and assume a normal stance."

Fidelia seems to be a bit unfamiliar with preparing a camp fire, requiring some guidance from Calm Reed to gather the right tinder and stone - but despite that, she reveals herself to be a fast learner, and soon enough the trio has the makings of a warm and hearty fire to light and gather 'round.

Looking up from where she's knelt over the kindling and logs, Fidelia rises to her feet, looking a little quizzical and confused while the monk leads St. Lazarus inwards. Should Calm Reed not pick up on her implicit question, the knife fighter will voice it; "Wait, um, d-do you want me there too?"

This is Jenette's training excursion, after all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Frescot Residence]

"I-- I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm playing favorites because I care more about our kids than-- than-- this stranger? Do you even hear yourself right now?" Adir runs his hands hard over his face, trying to push down the frustration rising in his throat. "No. You don't get to put this on me. I'm not the bad guy here. I'm not the one putting our kids in danger."

"If-- if she is something else-- she is supposed to fool you, Sakura. That is the point. These things are older than you. They're smarter than you-- smarter than both of us put together! And they don't think like us! The way they think doesn't make any sense at all!" The irate stag pushes himself off the bed, starting to shuffle off his shirt and padding around for a new one. "I'm done with this. I'm going to separate her. Me and her can sleep downstairs. I'm not going to be doing much sleeping anyways."
    [Frescot Residence]

"No you're not." Sakura stands up to confront him. "The only way anyone's going to get hurt around here is if you treat that poor girl like a monster. I won't let you."

"You don't understand it, but you have to trust me now. She's my daughter; I'll protect her."

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Whisked along by Cleo's spell, a group of dragons appears on the shores of a vast lake: and odd collection they must seem, with two of them being black with purple highlights, one silvery with navy highlights, one pink with twisting horns and additional impossible claws, and four smaller hatchlings.

Caroline blinks Just how far was that?!

Keiko giggles Pushing six thousand miles, if I remember right, and it's not a trip you'd want to make on foot! We're all the way on the other side of the Sea of Sand. We found this place completely by accident, and had some fun adventures with a village of draconian folks up in the woods over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post

Even more out of place is that two of them aren't even Inland sea dragons (or the children of one).
    "I can't say I've ever seen a lake this big." Steven observes, noting the lack of salt-smell.
    "So what's the plan? Are we just going for a swim?" he asks the group. Some part of his brain snickers at the scenario: a group of eight all on an expedition and not a scrap of cloth among them. His parents would be mortified if they didn't have the full context.
    For a few moments, the plants around the all rustle, and flowers suddenly go into bloom. But Cleo calms them down soon enough.
    "Yes, it's a bit of a trip if you aren't coming from the shadow realm." Don't get separated from everyone and be stranded here, now!

"Not yet. You already know how to swim, do you not? But there's other parts of being a dragon that you haven't got at all."

- - - Updated - - -

[Seally Plot]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Zophiel confirms: "It will contain new ones, if you leave it frozen for long enough," he says. "Even a short time can have smaller ones appear on the fringes. But nobody has any idea where they come from, since...well, it's really hard to observe something that you can't see." Pretty obvious point, he thinks. "They just happen, similarly to any other kind of natural disaster or anything."

On the plus side! If you're not expanding habitable space, then they don't ever show up. All you have to do is guard the borders whenever people are leaving, and that's it. Pretty simple.

The rude goddess considers stopping when Anchor tells her.
    Then, with the pain gone, she stops.
    Well,
    she keeps on breathing.
    But, more like, slightly more normal breathing.
    "Well, most natural disasters are continuous with the rest of natural things, aren't they? Little breezes, big storms, and up through typhoons. They swell up, they happen, and then they're over. They don't hang around crawling through someplace." Cleo muses.
    "It could be quite a mystery to figure out where they're coming from, but not a priority right now. Just something to be on guard for. This sounds doable."

Anchor just keeps maintaining that pain-removal, and watches the goddess for any other change.
    Sure, eventually she'll have to say something, but not yet.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

Calm Reed starts instructing the two other women in setting up camp, doing her best to make it seem she's guiding them rather than just telling them what to do. St. Lazarus gets the job of helping Calm Reed pitch their tents and Fidelia prepares a campfire. The modern camping equipment is somewhat new to the monk but she doesn't let that stop her. Once the camp is finished, she looks over it and nods.

"This should do nicely. Let us proceed to our training now. The cave where we found the automaton will suit us well." She will lead them back to the cave and take up a position near the entrance. "Stand in the centre and assume a normal stance."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Mountain Trip

Fidelia seems to be a bit unfamiliar with preparing a camp fire, requiring some guidance from Calm Reed to gather the right tinder and stone - but despite that, she reveals herself to be a fast learner, and soon enough the trio has the makings of a warm and hearty fire to light and gather 'round.

Looking up from where she's knelt over the kindling and logs, Fidelia rises to her feet, looking a little quizzical and confused while the monk leads St. Lazarus inwards. Should Calm Reed not pick up on her implicit question, the knife fighter will voice it; "Wait, um, d-do you want me there too?"

Jenette Saint Lazarus assumes the stance! Legs apart, both hands on the sword, her helm's visor...actually screw the helm. Calm Reed isn't going to punch her head off; she can just set it aside against this tree, and see the whole world instead of what the little slit in her armor allows. She can put the helmet back on the next time she's in a real fight, but it's superfluous here.

"Like this, right?" she asks, before turning her gaze towards Fidelia and her own question. She doesn't weigh in on the matter, though. Calm Reed is the dojo master here; it's her call to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Greate Inland Sea]

Keiko grins at Steven

It's the biggest freshwater lake I have ever seen or even heard of. But you should be used to the Nexus by now: it never does things halfway! I bet it's also unreasonably deep in spots, just to keep it fun.

As if to emphasize Cleo's point, Caroline fusses and twists and turns around trying to find something resembling a comfortable seated position. She does not succeed particularly well, and folds her ear-fins down in a very not-dragonish fashion.

How do you deal with having so much... you?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Inland Sea

Steven curls up in a much more dragony way. This is the benefit of drinking the dragon-potion: he's much more dragony than Caroline who was simply zapped into it. Though this might have its downsides later.
    "I think the best way Caroline is just not to think about it. There's not so much of you because you're you and your body is still your body. The world is just a tiny bit smaller now." he advises her.

Witch and the Frog Prince

Rowan is a bit confused that he's getting a test literally within walking in to his first lesson.
    "Well for testing pURRRposes you can probably just pUT the plants in sealed containERS. The potion should seep into thEM since it's a closed environmENT." Being a frog for a few days hasn't given Rowan a better control of his throat. He simply can't go more than few words without properly croaking a syllable out.
    "Measuring gROWth is straight-forward isn't it? You just need a conTROL group." He does his best to ignore his mortifying condition and slip into his new outfit.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Default [Greate Inland Sea]

"I imagine it's a lot like dealing with having a tail. Just even moreso."
    Cleo suggests, laying down in a back-and-forth arrangement for a few moments.

One of the hatchlings though, thinks Steven had the right idea.
    "Oh, can we go swimming!?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1279

[Frescot Residence]

"No you're not." Sakura stands up to confront him. "The only way anyone's going to get hurt around here is if you treat that poor girl like a monster. I won't let you."

"You don't understand it, but you have to trust me now. She's my daughter; I'll protect her."
    [Frescot Residence]

"Sakura. Okay... let me put it this way. If you don't even fully understand your power, how do you know it can't be fooled?" asks the stag. "I believe you feel something. But I don't believe either of us really fully get this situation. Okay? I'm not going to treat her like a monster. She's gonna sleep by herself for a little while. Well, not even really by herself. I'll be there."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Pixie in the Playground

(( I can spell "great"... really I can. ))

Caroline untangles herself, though it takes her some effort.

Did I mention that I haven't done any of this shape-changing stuff before ever?

Keiko giggles, but tries to be helpful

Stop fighting your body: it knows what to do. You don't walk by thinking about every muscle and what it needs to do, you just do it. Same here: stop trying to arrange yourself and just sit.

Caroline looks at Keiko like she is more crazy than usual

Why don't you swim for a bit while I figure out how to do things without trying to do them? I'm sure I'll be fine... eventually.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Inland Sea

"Being fair, you've been able to shapeshift for quite a while." Perhaps Steven, having more to prove and wanting to feel like he used to, jumped on those powers faster. Even if he was terrible with them for ages and still isn't great with them.
    "Swimming is fine, I think. Even if I don't have much experience with it." But he is a sea dragon. Surely it'll be fine.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Trip]

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Jenette Saint Lazarus assumes the stance! Legs apart, both hands on the sword, her helm's visor...actually screw the helm. Calm Reed isn't going to punch her head off; she can just set it aside against this tree, and see the whole world instead of what the little slit in her armor allows. She can put the helmet back on the next time she's in a real fight, but it's superfluous here.

"Like this, right?" she asks, before turning her gaze towards Fidelia and her own question. She doesn't weigh in on the matter, though. Calm Reed is the dojo master here; it's her call to make.
    "You can observe, if you would like." This isn't actually an obvious choice for Calm Reed. The teachings of the Immaculate martial arts aren't meant to be given lightly. But she trusts Fidelia and she and St. Lazarus are obviously quite close. It won't do any harm. "I have begun teaching you the physical principles of Earth Dragon, Saint Lazarus, but what I am about to say are the... metaphysical underpinnings. My master told me the same thing when I began learning. Here, under a mountain, we are closer to Pasiap." The Immaculate Dragon of Earth, as St. Lazarus will remember (Calm Reed has made no real attempt at converting anyone to her faith but approaches the lessons as they had been taught her in the monastery). "But more practically, there is nowhere to run or evade. If an enemy came upon you here, you would have no choice but to stand and fight." She aims a punch in St. Laz's direction, which she will be able to catch with her sword quite easily (and Calm Reed seems able to parry blades with her bare hands). "Even if the enemy is a demon or Anathema. To stand firm like this mountain and answer the assault with overwhelming force is what the Earth Dragon style means."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    (( I can spell "great"... really I can. ))

Caroline untangles herself, though it takes her some effort.

Did I mention that I haven't done any of this shape-changing stuff before ever?

Keiko giggles, but tries to be helpful

Stop fighting your body: it knows what to do. You don't walk by thinking about every muscle and what it needs to do, you just do it. Same here: stop trying to arrange yourself and just sit.

Caroline looks at Keiko like she is more crazy than usual

Why don't you swim for a bit while I figure out how to do things without trying to do them? I'm sure I'll be fine... eventually.
    "Being fair, you've been able to shapeshift for quite a while." Perhaps Steven, having more to prove and wanting to feel like he used to, jumped on those powers faster. Even if he was terrible with them for ages and still isn't great with them.
    "Swimming is fine, I think. Even if I don't have much experience with it." But he is a sea dragon. Surely it'll be fine.
    ((I believe you. We all know you're greate at spelling.))

One-two-three hatchlings race over and plunge into the sea, with a bit of laughter.

"She's right. Just expect yourself to be sitting down, and you will be before you know it."
    Cleo considers for a moment. The rest of them are more at home in the water, aren't they? She slinks back to her feet.
    "Why don't you swim with us? You might find it easier than staying still."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Pixie in the Playground

Caroline closes her eyes and tries to relax, coiling into quite a nice dragony position.

Yes, dear: I have been able to use that sort of magic for quite some time, but I've never had any need to do so.

She gets back up a little less smoothly, still not quite confident in just "letting her body do what it does", but that is mostly a matter of practice. She nods to Cleo

Yes... I think swimming seems like a good idea. I feel like I want to be in the water...

Meanwhile, Keiko grins and slips into the water with barely a splash, her coloration making her fairly nearly invisible from the surface almost immediately.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Frescot Residence]

"Sakura. Okay... let me put it this way. If you don't even fully understand your power, how do you know it can't be fooled?" asks the stag. "I believe you feel something. But I don't believe either of us really fully get this situation. Okay? I'm not going to treat her like a monster. She's gonna sleep by herself for a little while. Well, not even really by herself. I'll be there."
    [Frescot Residence]

Sakura purses her lips. She breathes a slow breath out through her nose. "She's never slept a night without her sister- And I don't want to hear it. Maybe she just has Cassie's memories, but those memories are important."

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Inland Sea

Steven very nearly copies Keiko's movement, sliding into the water with hardly a sound. Though he doesn't dive deep nearly so fast.
    "If you would prefer Caroline we can stick to the shallows for a little bit." It's a bit safer for the hatchlings anyway. Not that it will stop them.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Spoiler
    Show
    [Mountain Trip]

"You can observe, if you would like." This isn't actually an obvious choice for Calm Reed. The teachings of the Immaculate martial arts aren't meant to be given lightly. But she trusts Fidelia and she and St. Lazarus are obviously quite close. It won't do any harm. "I have begun teaching you the physical principles of Earth Dragon, Saint Lazarus, but what I am about to say are the... metaphysical underpinnings. My master told me the same thing when I began learning. Here, under a mountain, we are closer to Pasiap." The Immaculate Dragon of Earth, as St. Lazarus will remember (Calm Reed has made no real attempt at converting anyone to her faith but approaches the lessons as they had been taught her in the monastery). "But more practically, there is nowhere to run or evade. If an enemy came upon you here, you would have no choice but to stand and fight." She aims a punch in St. Laz's direction, which she will be able to catch with her sword quite easily (and Calm Reed seems able to parry blades with her bare hands). "Even if the enemy is a demon or Anathema. To stand firm like this mountain and answer the assault with overwhelming force is what the Earth Dragon style means."

Mountain Trip

Fidelia seems to relax now that she knows there's no pressure for her to learn things now. "Oh, okay. I'll uh, watch a little then," she comments, getting back to starting the fire. She'll observe the two as they train, but in the meantime she'll also be getting around to preparing a nice little dinner for her and Calm Reed for when she and St Laz finish.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #1288

[Frescot Residence]

Sakura purses her lips. She breathes a slow breath out through her nose. "She's never slept a night without her sister- And I don't want to hear it. Maybe she just has Cassie's memories, but those memories are important."
    [Frescot Residence]

"Y-y'know what, this-- this is not up for debate, Sakura!" Adir finally just laughs, incredulous, but quickly resumes grim sobriety. He looks at her square in the eye. "You are never going to let this kid go. I bet, even if we found out she has some real parents somewhere, you'd still fight me on this. Fine. I'll take that. I can deal. We will... figure it out. But if that's how it's going to be, I am going to make sure she is safe for us to be around. I am going to look into what exactly she is. And she's going to be away from the twins for a few nights. You owe me that. You do not get to force this, push this, and just... force me to accept it! Tell me to sit back, be quiet, and ignore what I feel! It's not happening!"

He finally blinks a few times, spreading his hands at his sides. "Work with me here. Gods, just a little."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1289

Rowan is a bit confused that he's getting a test literally within walking in to his first lesson.
    "Well for testing pURRRposes you can probably just pUT the plants in sealed containERS. The potion should seep into thEM since it's a closed environmENT." Being a frog for a few days hasn't given Rowan a better control of his throat. He simply can't go more than few words without properly croaking a syllable out.
    "Measuring gROWth is straight-forward isn't it? You just need a conTROL group." He does his best to ignore his mortifying condition and slip into his new outfit.
    [Witch and the Frog Prince]

Tests on the first day is a time-honored tradition!

The bogwitch strokes her chin.
    "Hm. I see. Makes sense," she says. "That way you can get a decent in vitro baseline to which compare later." She then provides a follow-up question: "So, then. A control group. How, specifically, would you design your control group?"

After that, she decides to ask about his studying. Also, she goes looking for glass jars. "So, have you been able to read the book you borrowed? If I remember correctly, it was about channeling magic from nature. Did it all make sense? Were you able to try it out, or...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Seally Plot]

"Well, most natural disasters are continuous with the rest of natural things, aren't they? Little breezes, big storms, and up through typhoons. They swell up, they happen, and then they're over. They don't hang around crawling through someplace." Cleo muses.
    "It could be quite a mystery to figure out where they're coming from, but not a priority right now. Just something to be on guard for. This sounds doable."

Anchor just keeps maintaining that pain-removal, and watches the goddess for any other change.
    Sure, eventually she'll have to say something, but not yet.

[Seally Plot]

"Maybe they're some kind of elemental, then. Like, how storm elementals are just, like, made of wind and storms, but are also alive," Zophiel says. "Get a powerful enough wind and part if it becomes sentient. Get a powerful enough time freeze and part of it becomes sentient." Basically the same thing, right? That sort of stuff happens all the time.

No other significant changes happen to the rude goddess.

Time passes. Zophiel and Cleo and Anchor have time to do things or leave or whatever.
    Eventually, the rude goddess decides she wants to leave. What point is there in keeping her here, anyway?
    There is no point, that's what. They've done what they wanted, she's done what she wanted, everyone is satisfied.
    She starts mentally preparing herself to leave.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

"The contrOL group? That's easy, jUUSt have plants with everything the sAAme except the potion." He drops the book onto the table.
    "I was able to get through a lOOt of it. I still don't understand a whOOle bunch. Like why there's so mUUUch on frOOGs. Or Why you made me so much mOOre frog than your OOther apprentice." Rowan croaks inquisitively.