New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Jade's Magical Half-Horse Lair

Jade shudders as her body changes again. This is, admittedly, better. She takes a few experimental steps once again on only two legs. "It is better, but I'm not so sure. I liked being human, and I'm going to need to overhaul my armor again." Is she still taller? That might make all this worth it. But as she said, she's not so sure. Also although she's now able to wear pants, she isn't, which is a bit awkward. Especially because Jade and Walter are both quite attractive.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

[Jade's Magical Half-Horse Lair]

Jade is, in fact, rather tall now, but not as much as when she was a centaur for rather obvious reasons.
    "Wow. Re-doing all of your armor would be really hard. If only you knew someone who was capable of performing miraculous acts of magic on the very fabric of reality itself." says the centaur-god drily.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

"I would have assumed that," Jade points to where the armor is sitting, made for her human female form, "Is outside your portfolio." It's very high tech and complicated, and has nothing to do with farm animals whatsoever. It's not even made from organic materials.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter scoffs. SCOFFS!
    "Well joke's on you, one time I turned a kobold into a circuitry dragon to help him get a date with an adorkable movie dragon. I'm a god of homesteads, growth, and change, and it sounds like your suit needs some growing in places and changing in others."
    He snaps his fingers, and Jade's suit will shift to accommodate her satyr-like form.
    "Just don't ask me to make stuff like that from scratch because I can't do that. I can change things but not make them. Also if you want soft grippy-pads for hooves to keep the noise down and the grip you should go to the Mall in inside; they have a store for that." An NPC store at this point, but still.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Jade can't help but be impressed by that. "Do you mind looking away while I..." She walks over to the altered suit and begins trying it on. How does it fit? Does it still work? What does it do to accommodate her tail?

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter politely puts his hands in front of his eyes.
    The suit might be a little tight around the waist and bottom as she puts it on, but that will quickly fade as Walter subtly gives it some last-second tune-ups.
    It should still work fine, though Jade might need to give it a tune-up before bringing it into combat. Walter doesn't exactly have an engineering degree but he didn't ruin anything. He only really made a hole for her tail with a little extra plate sticking out to protect the base of it.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Jade does a little twirl once the armor is on. She has a mirror in the exercise area where she can see how she looks. Truth be told, accommodating for the ears and tail has messed up the sleek lines the suit originally had. But it doesn't look bad. Just rather different. "I'm impressed. Everything seems in order." Something feels weird though... A familiar tingling feeling, a sense of potential. The last time she felt that was... Oh no! Jade's curse suddenly surges into new activity, beginning to consume the magic that transformed her body and armor. "Wait, what's happening?"

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter just kind of...shrugs.
    "I dunno. Feels like a...oh." he shudders.
    "That's Libra magic, alright. I'm sorry." he certainly sounds empathetic when he says that one.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

With a jarring shift, Jade changes. She shrinks down, returning to her human form, and her suit changes along with it, returning to something more like what it was before (although it seems to have been subtly modified for a more appealing look). She glances down at herself. "Huh. I expected worse." Then she shudders again, and with a loud "Whoa!" expands. Walter should recognize the shape she pops into as the centaur form he gave her, although now half her suit has been converted to barding around her horse half. But she doesn't get a rest. She immediately begins changing again, growing muscular and sprouting grey fur as she becomes a werewolf. "Awoo?" She manages, just as her form warps around her again and she ends up as a green unicorn pony with a soldering iron shaped mark. "This is... Weird." Then with a shudder, she snaps back to the satyr form. "Phew. I think it's done."
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-09-11 at 10:54 PM.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jade’s Magical Half-Horse Lair]

Walter blinks. She just covered a whole lunar cycle of forms in an instant.
    And it’s not often he meets people with quicker shifting schedules than himself.
    ”Well, I would ask what the heck that was. And then maybe suggest you get that looked at, but you are in the presence of someone who could go looking at that for you. Not that you were bad as any of those things.”
    Except maybe the pony. Ponies are weird to him. Kind of marshmallow-y.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"So you don't know what that was?" Jade's definitely a little off balance after that mess. "I assumed there was some interference between your magic and the curse on me." She holds out a hand and waves it back and forth as if expecting it to suddenly change again. "I feel like my bones are made of putty." They aren't actually, it's just a weird sensation left over from having them take so many different shapes in the last few seconds.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

"I dunno how Libra works, man. You'd think I would; Willa and I have our shapes because of her. But if you want me to force you into just one shape I should be able to. Libra's the one who got me my god powers, after all. Most of the time she doesn't really 'lock up' her magic so to speak." Walter offers.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

"No thanks. I don't think there'll be a repeat performance of that." The curse is settling back down now. "Actually..." She focuses, and a flicker runs across her body. She's done this before, although not intentionally. She should change, body and clothes, into what Walter finds attractive. "I might benefit from it."

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter shrugs.
    "Suit yourself. Are we done here, then?"
    For fairly obvious reasons, Jade is already plenty attractive to Walter, given that her current shape is something he decided on himself. Maybe she could be more so if she was a centauress with even more of a strong build and noticeable figure she could be more so, but she doesn't really need to be. The sci-fi armor has never been his aesthetic but then, being a god has stopped him from caring too much about wearing clothes at all.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Jade looks down at herself. She's in centaur shape again, and... Oh. She thought her chest was big before, but now... And she's not wearing much either. Her suit's transformed into an outfit much more suitable for a centaur lady, but it certainly shows a lot of skin. At least she knows this will wear off in a few hours. "Not unless there's anything else you're interested in," she says. She's trying to see how he reacts to her sudden change.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Walter is certainly looking at her now, but in an almost...begrudging way.
    "Well, maybe I am, but I try my best not to be for folks who do stuff like that unconsciously. It ain't right. I would know."
    He most certainly would.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Jade makes a face. He didn't even play along. "Relax. I was just teasing." She doesn't change back though. She can't, not directly. It will wear off over time. "But you are pretty good-looking." She almost asks if he's doing anything later. What's gotten into her?

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter grins, putting his hands on where his hips should be.
    "Well I sure hope so. I'm the masculine embodiment of Summer. If you don't know what that means, you'll probably figure it out. If I had to go through all the trouble of being four different people it's nice that at least a few of them look decent." he grumbles.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Jade grins back at Walter. See, he's lightening up a bit now. "And I'm a lady enchanted to be eternally beautiful. But you haven't complimented me on my looks," she jokes. She takes on a more serious expression. "I think part of your problem is that you're only doing things halfway. You turned me into a centaur, but you didn't teach me how to have fun with it." She stomps one of her back hooves for emphasis.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

"I did when I got here. I thought it would be in bad taste given that you didn't change willingly." Walter says simply.
    "And that's because I can't do that for you. For Willa and I, it's the freedom of going around without worrying about fashion much. Feeling strong. Being fast. Being a little different. And being ludicrously tall. It's rather hard to put into words, really. But it's not something I could just explain and put in your brain. You'd have to get it yourself, which is why I said to try it. Of course I could change your self-image but that would be a horrible violation of the sanctity of your mind. I only do that when people ask me for a makeover and I want to spare them any dissonance." Walter seems...different. Older? Calmer? Maybe a little more mature? It's hard to say.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Jade laughs. "That's not what I meant. You didn't hang around to help me get back on my hooves. You didn't t teach me what I needed to do differently to take care of my new body. I had to call a friend, and she took the whole thing way too seriously." Jade paces a few steps as she continues to explain. "If I'm going to get transformed, I want to have some fun with it. It's like when I got these," she jiggles her chest for emphasis, "It was pretty confusing at first, but then I met people who helped me try some different things and relearn how to do some things I'd liked before. So I learned that I actually really like this. If no one had ever helped me have some fun while also having boobs, I don't think I'd be nearly as happy now."

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter grins. A horrible grin that can only mean the absolute worst.
    "So what you're suggesting is that I...
    threw you to the wolves?"

Or dad jokes. That works too.
    "But seriously, Jade? I'm a god. You only had to pray and I would have given you an answer. I told you that I was on call if you needed help. Not to mention you could have just pulled out your phone and looked it up. It takes a lot of energy for a minor god like me to physically manifest." He seems somewhat embarrassed to have her literally waving her chest in his direction.
    "Ok is that just a thing you do around guys you barely know? Are you sure you're not normally a centaur or satyr?" Honestly he's not used to him not being the one doing the silly lewd things in the room.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

"Not normally, but I have been one for the last few days. Maybe some of it rubbed off on me." Really, his awkward expression made it worth it. Jade's learned she enjoys teasing people who find her attractive. Also, she finds him attractive, which is hampering her judgement a little. "I didn't look up how to be a woman, and I didn't think I'd need to look up how to be a centaur either. And you know I'm not used to this patron god thing." She's still not sure if he's constantly watching her or not. If he was, he probably wouldn't be quite so flustered by her chest. But if he wasn't, how would he know when she calls to him?

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would have answered regardless of if your prayer was worded well. You just needed my name and some hope. It sounds like you just forgot what I'd told you. But that's okay." Sometimes people are just too proud to ask for help from certain people.
    "Sounds like you're doing good, then. I better get lost so this phase of that curse can fade out. You really need to get that looked at, by the way."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know. I kinda like it." Jade says, smirking a little. "So long, Walter. Have fun doing... god things, I guess."

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"I try to. Just know that if you call on me again soon you'll be getting my Autumn replacement, Wicke. He's alright. Not as fun, though." Walter shrugs, and vanishes in a puff of oak leaves, just starting to change color.
    Jade might find that once her curse lets her have two legs again, most clothes she tries on for the next few days will adjust to fit her. Which is good since she has a suit fit for a satyr and a wardrobe for a human, and even this narrator isn't sure what she'll be when the curse fades out.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

Post-explosion, Sir Percival has a distinctly panicked look to his eyes, alternating between staring at Harold in disbelief, and staring at the pathway in a mixture of shock and terror.

The MERCs may get the feeling that this is a distressingly normal occurrence for people in the presence of Harold, who mostly just looks confused.

And then Wren throws a knife at the cube.

"Ow!" the cube exclaims in a rather eccentric masculine voice, as it's struck by the knife."Ah, hello down there! Do you mind awfully not throwing any more things at me?" It asks, rotating 45 degrees anticlockwise in a manner mimicking someone tilting their head to one side.

Cantata's suggestion certainly has merit. The fort has been designed to only allow the one easy way up, a rather daunting cliff-face making any attempt to approach the rear quite challenging for, say, an approaching army, but nothing insurmountable for a few adventurers, particularly if they have some rope or other means of aiding the climb. The stone structure of the fort looks to be several storeys high, and there's only arrow slits at ground level, but larger windows that may serve as an alternate means of entrance are visible on the higher floors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

Fayyaad looks on in dismay at the explosions, which turns to a degree of bewilderment when the cube speaks. He seems to grasp Cantata's intention and follows her to any cover that's available. Then he speaks in a hushed tone.

"Between the explosions and this... greeter, trying to sneak through the back feels like a better option. But how? Forts aren't known for having service entrances."
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

Well... that was not the reaction Wren was hoping to have.
    "Sounds like a good plan. Why don't you guys do that? I can try keeping this thing distracted?"

Assuming that this plan is agreed with, Wren will walk away from the group, making quite a bit of noise crashing through some underbrush to try and draw the cube's attention away from the others.
    "Oh, uh... hello! Dreadfully sorry about that. I was just trying to get your attention. I tried calling a few times first, you know... 'hello good sir cube!' but you seemed not to hear me. I suppose it must have been all the explosions."

If not, Wren will simply let Cantata take the lead and follow her on a circuit to the back entrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

Questing for JUSTICE!

How would they get in through the back, you ask? Why, the usual manner of course! Cantata indicates a coil of rope on the side of the small pack slung across her shoulder. The sort of equipment she had on hand was generally more suited for breaking into posh estates or military embassies than for traversing sprawling ruins, but it was amazing how much a rope and a few climbing spikes could come in handy.

Swiftly and quietly, Cantata will lead the others around to the rear of the fort and assess just how to go about the task she had in mind, looking for places to snag a grappling hook on, or spots in the wall that might be weaker and let them form their own ingress without having to climb so much.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Halfling in the Playground

[Questing for JUSTICE!]

A little sneaking, a spot of observation, and Cantata and Fayyaad find themselves ideally placed round the rear of the fortress. Parapets line the top of the fortress, providing a possible means to secure a grappling hook there, if they wished to do so. Alternately, the third floor window looks to have an opening that a well-thrown hook might be able to hit.

A particularly precise throw might see the rope line up nicely to give them a view through a whole set of windows on the way up, a possible means of gathering a little more information on what lies within, as well as providing several potential entry routes.

All in all, the fort looks like it has three floors to it, more spaced out than one might find in a typical building, suggesting quite high ceilings within. As Cantata and Fayyaad observe, there's a brief glow of blue light from the third floor, suggesting some sort of activity further in.

Meanwhile...

Wren distracts the cube! The cube slowly rotates to face him with an orange side. "Terribly sorry, my good man, afraid I didn't hear a thing! Rather poor form of me, eh?" The cube floats a little closer, somehow giving the impression of floating cheerfully, despite the lack of any particular features to speak of on its faces. "Still, no harm done. I say, are you here to deal with the ruffians inside? That'd be awfully convenient if you are. I was hoping to give them what-for, myself, but there's rather a lot of doors in the way. Bit of a bother when you don't have any hands!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Questing for JUSTICE!]

"The parapet, or the window?" Fayyaad asks quietly. "We have no clue where we'd encounter the most people. But there's a light on the third floor, so we might be dropping right in the middle of them there."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.