New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

The person Sophia sent Mia to meet is right where they should be. As requested, they're completely visible, no disguise. Not even a costume.
    They're called Spike, and are actually just a half-demon, so to say. But that actually results in them looking less human than Sophia. For example, that's not a hand they're waving in greeting, but a smooth tentacle.
    Accompanying them is a smaller semi-demonic alien creature, one of the quick little ones they call Hounds. Its name is 'Spot', although it does not have a spotted shell or anything. It's patrolling the area and keeping it safe.

"Mia! This way." You wouldn't think Spike could talk human speech with those mandibles, and you'd be right. The shelly thing fastened about their neck is doing the speaking for them.
    With a flick of the tentacle they open a hidden hatch near the base of the wall. The way is open, down the ladder, into darkness.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

A little sneaking, a spot of observation, and Cantata and Fayyaad find themselves ideally placed round the rear of the fortress. Parapets line the top of the fortress, providing a possible means to secure a grappling hook there, if they wished to do so. Alternately, the third floor window looks to have an opening that a well-thrown hook might be able to hit.

A particularly precise throw might see the rope line up nicely to give them a view through a whole set of windows on the way up, a possible means of gathering a little more information on what lies within, as well as providing several potential entry routes.

All in all, the fort looks like it has three floors to it, more spaced out than one might find in a typical building, suggesting quite high ceilings within. As Cantata and Fayyaad observe, there's a brief glow of blue light from the third floor, suggesting some sort of activity further in.

Meanwhile...

Wren distracts the cube! The cube slowly rotates to face him with an orange side. "Terribly sorry, my good man, afraid I didn't hear a thing! Rather poor form of me, eh?" The cube floats a little closer, somehow giving the impression of floating cheerfully, despite the lack of any particular features to speak of on its faces. "Still, no harm done. I say, are you here to deal with the ruffians inside? That'd be awfully convenient if you are. I was hoping to give them what-for, myself, but there's rather a lot of doors in the way. Bit of a bother when you don't have any hands!"
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

"Oh! Yes, that does sound terribly inconvenient. I'm very sorry for your predicament." Says Wren, nodding in an appropriately apologetic and empathetic manner. "Well, I can't really confirm or deny any knowledge about any ruffians that might be inside, or what I might plan to do with the, but I do so hate leaving a kind gentlebeing like yourself in need. Why don't I help you out?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The person Sophia sent Mia to meet is right where they should be. As requested, they're completely visible, no disguise. Not even a costume.
    They're called Spike, and are actually just a half-demon, so to say. But that actually results in them looking less human than Sophia. For example, that's not a hand they're waving in greeting, but a smooth tentacle.
    Accompanying them is a smaller semi-demonic alien creature, one of the quick little ones they call Hounds. Its name is 'Spot', although it does not have a spotted shell or anything. It's patrolling the area and keeping it safe.

"Mia! This way." You wouldn't think Spike could talk human speech with those mandibles, and you'd be right. The shelly thing fastened about their neck is doing the speaking for them.
    With a flick of the tentacle they open a hidden hatch near the base of the wall. The way is open, down the ladder, into darkness.
    [Where am I?]

Mia will follow along. For some allys they keep these things rather shady. It's just good Mia left a note in her lab befor she went off. befor going down Mia will release a few small bug like machines.Those bugs appear like fireflys. They will light up a small area which should allow Mia to see in the dark. It is a good way for mechanic work since they are small so she can light up things from different angles.

"Can you tell me more about this? What happened to it and so on."

She will carfully look around. Any information on the origin of this ship can be helpful.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #244

Default [The Underground]

The hatch does not lead directly to the crashed spaceship.
    It leads to a tunnel, which winds steeply down into the earth, through long-abandoned ruins, before they come to the scattered wreckage of the ship, now buried beneath the earth. A long panel of dented, dusty super-science metal is their first contact with the wreck proper.
    "It was made by humans. This ship type is called 'Behemoth'."
    "This is how our ancestors arrived in the Nexus. We guess they were prisoners on the ship, experiments, based on what was there. But they might have been boarders, in the middle of a battle, or not long after."
    "It went through a warp, and instead of its normal destination, it ended up way too close to the Nexus, going way too fast, and it crashed here. Almost no one aboard survived."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Enchanted Forest]

Adir descends.

It's a surreal feeling, walking down those wooden stairs. Like treading one's way deeper into a dream. There's an unsettling resemblance to the stairs from his own home that Adir may find somewhat disquieting. All around thick mist hangs, limiting vision to little more than arm's length. Gradually it thins until at last Adir finds himself standing at the bottom of the flight, surrounded by a strange forest. He's at the edge of a road thick with fallen leaves, brilliant oranges and yellows. Above him stretch naked trees, claw-like branches creaking in the wind. The mist still hangs heavily in the air, leaving everything is a ghostly haze beyond a dozen yards. The sun feels as if it were just over the horizon while a bloated harvest moon, livid and low in the sky, crouches just above the treeline. There it waits like a vulture on a dead branch, watching.

Laughter dances between the trees, twisting with the fog. Here and there ghostly green lights flash in the eternal twilight. Great sheets of gossamer web flutter from limbs like banners.

And there's a pumpkin.

Just sitting there by the side of the road.

A great big orange pumpkin with a withered vine still attached to the stem.

This place is definitely pretty spooky.

Where would Adir go? Where does he even start?

Well!

He could start with those goblin slavers who look pretty gobsmacked regarding this armored guy who just came down the stairs. They've got some sort of great big horse with a too-wide mouth hitched up to a cart that's full of wicker cages. Several of the cages contain children. A human girl, about six years old, appears to be the eldest. She fixes Adir with pleading eyes.

The largest goblin, a lumpy owlish looking thing with an iron cudgel steps forward brandishing his weapon. Four other goblins, smaller but no less vicious, all look to be itching for a fight. All the misshapen fae are recognizably human, though monstrously deformed. And each is wearing a red cap, slick and wet.

"Who 'n the Pit are you? Where's Hobbins!?" Owlteeth bellows.

A memory will tickle at the back of Adir's mind. That pretty deer lady from the Spooktober party. She had very pointedly not asked Adir's name. In fact, while interacting with the children she had never asked any of them for their names, either. There's probably a reason for that. Names have power here. Be wary.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #246

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

A little sneaking, a spot of observation, and Cantata and Fayyaad find themselves ideally placed round the rear of the fortress. Parapets line the top of the fortress, providing a possible means to secure a grappling hook there, if they wished to do so. Alternately, the third floor window looks to have an opening that a well-thrown hook might be able to hit.

A particularly precise throw might see the rope line up nicely to give them a view through a whole set of windows on the way up, a possible means of gathering a little more information on what lies within, as well as providing several potential entry routes.

All in all, the fort looks like it has three floors to it, more spaced out than one might find in a typical building, suggesting quite high ceilings within. As Cantata and Fayyaad observe, there's a brief glow of blue light from the third floor, suggesting some sort of activity further in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Questing for JUSTICE!]

"The parapet, or the window?" Fayyaad asks quietly. "We have no clue where we'd encounter the most people. But there's a light on the third floor, so we might be dropping right in the middle of them there."

Burglarizing for JUSTICE!

Cantata nods in agreement with Fayyaad, sizing up the height and options above them before stepping back and giving the grappling-hooked end of the rope a few spins to build up momentum. Finally, she swings her arm up and lets it fly, the focused look in her eyes giving way to satisfaction as the end wraps itself once, twice, thrice around a parapet. Adding tension to keep the coiling tight, she tests its security with a tug, and then how well it will hold her weight.

It's worth noting that Cantata has aimed the grapple so that it's not directly crossing over the open window, but close enough that a climber could feasibly leverage the rope to swing to its sill. Although it doesn't seem like that's what Cantata has in mind; affixing some manner of wheeled clamp on a carabiner around the cord, she turns to Fayyaad, gestures to a 2nd floor window and mimes the rising flames of fire before bringing her hands down together and sweeping them to the sides at the end.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-10-22 at 06:10 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #247

Default Re: [The Underground]

The hatch does not lead directly to the crashed spaceship.
    It leads to a tunnel, which winds steeply down into the earth, through long-abandoned ruins, before they come to the scattered wreckage of the ship, now buried beneath the earth. A long panel of dented, dusty super-science metal is their first contact with the wreck proper.
    "It was made by humans. This ship type is called 'Behemoth'."
    "This is how our ancestors arrived in the Nexus. We guess they were prisoners on the ship, experiments, based on what was there. But they might have been boarders, in the middle of a battle, or not long after."
    "It went through a warp, and instead of its normal destination, it ended up way too close to the Nexus, going way too fast, and it crashed here. Almost no one aboard survived."

[The Underground]

As they go Mia will slow down a bit. The dented metal has caught her attention. She runs her fingers over the surface of the material trying to get a feeling what it might have been. The name of the ship is something she just notes for later use. The connection underground is really bad so she doesn't bother to search for it now. After a bit she will stop. Concentrating without saying anything. She casts a spell, which will be like an echo. The echo runs down the patch and should come back if it reaches any machines, computer or other machinery. The effekt is weakened by range and if its past solid ground/behind walls.

"You seem to be well informed for a descendant." Mia says. The level of Details he provides is higher then she expected. Then again it might have been just one or two generations depending on when the crash was.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

[Burglarizing for JUSTICE!]

Fayyaad look upward doubtfully.

"I don't think I can create much fire up there. I need to be mobile to do it, not swinging on a rope. If I performed some acrobatics, maybe..."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #249

Default [The Underground]

It was just 2 or 3 generations, and not long ones. "The old dukes learn from their commander, and tell it to mother Eurus, who tells it to me." It is a deliberate and not totally reliable thing, sharing knowledge. Better to experience things yourself if you have the option.

The metal panel used to be armor plating. Huge amounts of carefully layered neosteel were to protect the behemoth from radiation, missile fire, kamikaze aliens, even nuclear blasts. But it couldn't quite stand up to 'ramming a planet'. This particular panel was from the port weapon battery, near the middle of the ship, shaped to fit around a large exhaust vent.
    The echo should find machinery behind it. There are mechanisms within the armor to react to impacts and mitigate their force. Behind it there are wires, lights, fans, and quite a lot of lasers...but the echo reaches a stop. The crashed ship has broken into several pieces, and this is just one of them.

(It may be worth saying that Spike isn't "he", despite being named after a man. And not quite "she", despite being a mutated copy of Sophia. They are just a stalker, a knight of the hive.)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #250
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Enchanted Forest]

Not to worry. Even if Adir hadn't met Snap at the party, he knows better than to give his name to hostile strangers as a general rule. Besides, he has much more immediate concerns than sharing his name.

He assumes a shooting stance, but his weapons remain where they are. With perfect, icy clarity he replies, "I'm here for a kid who looks like me. The first one of you who helps me gets to go home."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #251

[The Enchanted Forest]

The collection of goblins share a look with each other.

The horse hitched up to the cart is looking kind of nervous.

The children in the cages look hopeful.

"Kill him," Owlteeth commands, gesturing toward Adir with his cudgel.

With a whoop the four smaller redcaps charge toward Adir with their crude, cruel weapons at the ready. Owlteeth, meanwhile, bangs the butt of his staff again the road and suddenly he's obscured by shrouding mist!

Stupid magical goblins with their goblin magic.

The smaller goblins will be doing their best to surround Adir but given that he's still on those stairs it'll be a bit difficult for them. One charges straight at him, carrying a spiky iron shield with a bunch of nails stick through it. It appears to be nothing more than a plank of wood with sheet metal over it. Not the sort of thing that would stand up well to gunfire. Another comes at him with a wood-chopping axe comically oversized for its three foot tall body. A third looks to be planning on going after his knees with a mallet while the forth is going to try climbing onto the stairs to get at him from behind with some crude shivs.

Man these goblins are the worst.

12. - Top - End - #252

[Burglarizing for JUSTICE!]

At the main entrance...

The cube bobs up and down briefly in what is probably a nod. "I say, that'd be awfully sporting of you, my friend! If you'd be so kind as to open the doors, then I can merrily blast away any crooks that present themselves to us. Rather a bother you see, for the longest time I had no idea what my different faces did, but nowadays I know that some of them are quite lethal!"

Seemingly content and assurred that Wren is on the level, Cubert starts floating across the drawbridge, assuming he'll follow along. What awaits them is the first of many insurpassable obstacles for the poor cube - a heavy wooden door with an old black iron handle.

Meanwhile, round the back...

Aside from a faint amount of blue still leaking out of the third floor, the fort remains silent. Cantata's careful positioning of the rope means they have easy access to second or third floor windows, or the roof, without being spotted before they look inside. Take your pick.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #253

[The Enchanted Forest]

Ah. That's what he gets for not shooting right away. If the big one just teleported away to go pass on some kind of warning, this could become difficult fast.

Adir draws with a speed that would put most competition shooters to shame. To his credit, he does not hesitate. He has likely drawn before Owlteeth finishes the word 'him'. A heavy machine-pistol materializes in his hands. After making sure the wagon isn't in his line of fire, he starts to rattle off short, clipped bursts at the charging redcaps. If waiting for a safe shot away from the kids is going to cost him precious time, so be it.

He tries to take them all before they get close enough to strike, granting the redcaps no special priority except 'closest first'. If he can't kill them all, he'll start a shooting retreat up the stairs, his weapon chattering with each fresh burst.

The ammo is all steel-core, designed specifically to pierce armor. He hopes it will pierce any special resistances to damage these things possess too. He doesn't have an unlimited supply.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254

[The Enchanted Forest]

Teleported away?

Well...

Maybe not.

A thick mist is drifting down the road away from the cart. Maybe the goblin just hid himself somehow?

The children scream and cover their ears when the shooting starts because guns are extremely loud.

Regardless the smaller goblins get blasted without too much trouble. Guys rushing at someone with an automatic weapon is absolute not a fair fight by any stretch of the imagination. Even the goblin with the shield gets ventilated. Weirdly enough none of them leave corpses behind. Just piles of garbage, rusted iron, and their crude weapons.

Well. That was pretty easy, right?

"Huh. Well wasn't that something," comments the weird horse with a too-wide mouth. He seems content to just watch the battle (if you can even call it that) come to a close. "Yer kid ran off the road when Hobbins grabbed her last night. Can't rightly say where she is now."

What a helpful carnivorous horse.

15. - Top - End - #255

Default Re: [The Underground]

It was just 2 or 3 generations, and not long ones. "The old dukes learn from their commander, and tell it to mother Eurus, who tells it to me." It is a deliberate and not totally reliable thing, sharing knowledge. Better to experience things yourself if you have the option.

The metal panel used to be armor plating. Huge amounts of carefully layered neosteel were to protect the behemoth from radiation, missile fire, kamikaze aliens, even nuclear blasts. But it couldn't quite stand up to 'ramming a planet'. This particular panel was from the port weapon battery, near the middle of the ship, shaped to fit around a large exhaust vent.
    The echo should find machinery behind it. There are mechanisms within the armor to react to impacts and mitigate their force. Behind it there are wires, lights, fans, and quite a lot of lasers...but the echo reaches a stop. The crashed ship has broken into several pieces, and this is just one of them.

(It may be worth saying that Spike isn't "he", despite being named after a man. And not quite "she", despite being a mutated copy of Sophia. They are just a stalker, a knight of the hive.)

[The Underground]

2-3 Generations might be enougth. Without any documentation it's still hard and mouth to mouth looses details.
    The pronounces comes from the name, but i guess our language isn't made to fit anon gender person. Even some things got a gender specific article in german.

If I get that correctly those machines seem to be in a good shape or at least in a shape that allows them to fullfill their basic function like lightbulbs that are not broken or screens still intace, laser able to fire etc. Mia will try to use the echo and find directions to get a path inside, but on her way she turns to Spike.

"Can you tell me what you expect from me? I can feel that the ship is broken. For now I don't think it will fly in the near future."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

A letter arrives at the teahouse where Edgar lives. It's made from heavy parchment, addressed "To the Owner of the Golden Kettle" and "From
    The Unexpected," and sealed with red wax depicting a pair of dice. It looks quite official and fancy.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

[The House Always Wins]

Oh boy, mail. And mail barely any time after the place came into existence. Which is good. They might not have rent to pay but Edgar certainly isn’t going to sit around assuming someone might not come knocking. It looks official. So definitely something his Lady will be interested in. But as her guardian he has to make sure it isn’t a demand for a duel or something so he’ll just crack that open and make sure.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

The letter opens easily and is written in bombastic font.
    "You are invited to join others of your status for a night of poker hosted by myself, the Unexpected, lord of chaos, dice-thrower, etc. We will be wagering items of significance, personal traits, and other valuables. You must play a minimum of three hands. Simply divine refreshments will be provided, free of charge. Please return this letter to the courier and inform them of your decision. They will escort you to the venue if you so require. Regards,"
    The handwritten signature is completely illegible.

If Edgar checks outside, there is indeed a courier waiting, a young woman in an elaborate but modest green uniform, seeming fairly patient.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

The House Always Wins

Oh dear. Nahira is already getting the attention of local gods. A number of things occur to him.
    He could win quite a lot from people with Nahira’s level of power.
    If Nahira goes herself it is entirely possibly she would use him as a bargaining chip.
    If someone doesn’t go they might keep sending invites until she actually finds out.
    With that series of thoughts the tiger-fellow gets dressed in his very official silken toga (and his golden shackles since he can’t actually remove them) and goes out to speak to the courier.
    ”In the name of my Lady I accept this invitation on her behalf.” he says, trying to sound as official as possible. It helps that his voice is rather deep.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

"Okay sir, right this way." The courier leads Edgar down to the street where there's a door hanging open in midair. Music and laughter drift through the opening, which is filled by a starry void. "Right through here sir. Take your time if you need to. I'm being paid by the hour."

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The House Always Wins

Edgar knows that he's getting in over his head on this one. But better his own will than letting Nahira do it for him. This toga doesn't really do anything to cover the belly she decided he ought to have but that's just something he's going to have to get used to. With a deep breath, Edgar enters the doorway.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

When Edgar steps through, he finds himself in a dimly lit, smoky room. Right in front of him, a group of people are around a round table, playing cards. The music continues in the background, a jazz melody that rises and falls occasionally. A voice booms out. "Ah, welcome, friend! You're not who we were expecting! How fantastic!" It comes from the dealer, except they look exactly like the opposite of what Edgar would expect a poker dealer to look like. "Have a seat. We're just about to start a new hand." An open seat materializes next to the table. The dealer is to the right. To the left is a stunningly beautiful woman with luscious red hair, wearing long, loose robes which seem to be a different color every time Edgar blinks or looks away. Across the table lounges a coiled dragon with blue scales on an oversized velvet cushion.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[The House Always Wins]

Well let's see. Edgar would be expecting someone smart. Possibly conniving. Like the shady guy in movies. The opposite would be forthright, dull, innocent. Let's say for comedic purposes a portly, rustic pony with honest eyes. After all, you'd expect a card shark to have fingers, wouldn't you?
    "There's a very good reason for that!
    ...my Lady has been resting since before most modern poker was invented. It wouldn't do to put her at a disadvantage, wouldn't it?"
    is Edgar's response, which he just thought of right now. And it's not even a lie!
    As instructed, the two-meter-tall tiger takes a seat in his chair. Most normal ones would creak a little under his size.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

The pony smiles at Edgar and deftly shuffles the deck of cards with her hooves (how does she do that?). "I assume then, you aren't familiar with our particular rules? You can wager personal traits, magical boons or services, secret lore, items of significance or power, titles of nobility, etcetera. The house reserves the right to decide if something is a valid bet or not." "But they're pretty lax," the dragon butts in. "Aethiiraxa! Do you want to give away all my secrets?" The pony replies in mock exasperation. In the meantime, a waiter dressed in the same uniform as the courier approaches Edgar. "Can I get you anything, sir?"

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

The House Always Wins

"Ah, some fruit and something fizzy would be nice." Edgar decides not to start off with anything alcoholic. He's also increasingly glad that he's not carnivorous like a real big cat.
    He decides to close his mouth and let the other players bet something before he makes any commitments for himself.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

The waiter rushes off to get Edgar's food as the betting commences. "I'll put in a shield ring I got off a greedy adventurer," says the dragon. A ring made from white metal materializes at the center of the table. The robed woman thinks for a moment before adding her own wager. "I'll bet my perceptive abilities." A glowing orb resembling an eye joins the ring. The pony adds, "I'll throw in the gift of cryomancy." A large ice crystal forms next to the other treasures. All three look to Edgar to see what he'll bid.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

The House Always Wins

Edgar thinks. He doesn't really have anything ultra-valuable like these people. But they said traits, right? Maybe he can bet things that- well he had better not bet something Nahira will be cross with him for losing. Then he'll be sad about losing it and have to deal with her complaining. So. Well.
    "I'll wager my fashion sense." he mutters. Really it's not anything to speak of. But's a trait of his. And without it he'll probably go along with wearing these ridiculous uniforms and whatever his Lady thinks of. Not the worst thing. But he'll have to manage.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

A roll of cloth appears on the table. Edgar feels like something's left him, but he probably wouldn't have realized he doesn't have a fashion sense anymore without knowing he just gave it up. As it is, he probably just doesn't care about what he wears anymore as long as he wears something. The lady starts to protest, but the pony stops her. "Need I remind you, you're not famed for your perceptive abilities either." With that, the hands are dealt. On turning his cards over, Edgar will find a pair of sixes. Not a great hand, not terrible either. He could fold, if he believes the other players have something better, or he could bluff to try to convince them to fold, or he could just play and see what happens.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

The House Always Wins

Edgar would rather not fold and simply lose his bet outright. He won't answer if someone tries to raise, but he doesn't see a point in just giving up off the bat. He smiles and settles into his chair to wait. He'll probably lose, but that's why he started off betting something unimportant.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

The House Always Wins

Edgar doesn't meet the first raise, and neither does the dragon. The lady and pony go back and forth for a while before the pony calls the woman's bluff, and smirking, she reveals three queens to her opponent's pair of nines. She collects her winnings, and the betting begins anew. The woman puts up a familiar spirit in the shape of a large spider the size of a baseball. The dragon bets the title Countess Arletane. The pony adds a clear crystal staff named Luminus.

My Nexus characters