New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I know what I just said in the top half, but this deserves a "wait REALLY?!"
    I felt really bad about it later, but I really thought he was pulling my leg for a long time. He actually saved up for the complete DVD boxset, which was crazy expensive at the time, then brought it into work to show off. If it was a bit, he was committed to it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Too be honest, Voyager is the one star trek series I watched first episode to last when it was new. I dont even think ive seen every ds9 episode and I enjoyed that show a lot. Tng was more scattered but im fairly sure I saw them all in syndication.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well I just finished binging through the season. Much like with Discovery, I didn't expect to like this show, but ended up totally on board for it. The tone is pretty different, but it's still Star Trek.

Looking forward to more, along with the other Star Trek projects in the works.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So far I'd say it's pretty average but it did feel like they where finding their footing more as the series went on. I do hope they make it work, afew more weird but beautiful episodes would be nice since you can do so much more in animation with colour etc that would feel strange in live action.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

I have just found this and I am totally on board with it. I get your complaints of not being entirely canonical, but it honestly plays into the show's main premise "protocol vs. improvisation". I feel often Star Trek misses the point of being a scifi show, the need to be entertaining and not just philosophy IN SPACE! Well that, and make characters feel human and not just like dramaturgical vehicles or impossibly heroic officers. Plus, its faster paced writing makes up for the major complaint I have with Star Trek. Most episodes have impossibly slow resolutions: Granted my only real point of reference is Voyager as I havent watched much TNG on the side, but the usual conundrum can be solved faster (especially if they are technobabbled away or solved by deus ex machina).

Plus, the comedic tone makes me appreciate that the show knows better how a bunch of soldiers would behave in space (hint: its somewhere between the dramatic extreme of the actual shows and the over the top comedy of Lower Decks)