New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Boyfriend and I have just started Shadowbringers (FF14)

So my experience with this game has been, so far, that there are characters we meet and immediately I can decide "I like this character". There are characters we've met that my initial thought was the opposite- villains that make me really want to bury my miqo'te monk's fists deep into their faces. And sometimes, those very same villains I start out really wanting to punch become the same characters that I later find myself attached to- and there are a lot of characters by this point that I'm pretty attached to. Especially the twins.

FF14 has been a pretty emotional ride for me- which I find very few games in general can do that, but it has never happened with an MMO before. SWTOR pretty much never had that effect on me, much as I enjoy it.

As far as the community goes, I've never met a friendlier community in an mmo, in general.

Edit: How is this post still getting views? o.O Nobody replied and it doesn't look like it'll get any replies... I've long since finished this expansion and though I'd hoped to be spark a bit of discussion, the over 22000 views with no replies is not at all encouraging, lol.
    Last edited by MonkeySage; 2020-09-06 at 11:25 AM.