| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

- Super Senses 8 [Analytical (Taste), Infravision, Microscopic Vision, Rapid (Hearing and Vision), Scent, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision)]

Thorn approached the man before him, trying to get a good look at what exactly it was that he was working on. This mechanism seemed somewhat infernal in nature to him though the man working on it definitely had the air of deathknight. As Broken Thorn approached the man and offered his hand to shake, passing Ms. Green he attempted to sign a message to prepare to her with his hands behind his back before offering his to the man.

"Hello, Mr... Sorry I didn't catch your name. My name is Broken Thorn, and I'm currently the custodian of this Hearthstone-(?)-you-said. Ms. Dancer here came to claim it and I thought it would be worthwhile to find out what it was exactly that you had wanted to use it for, before I handed it over, and see about striking a deal. You look a reasonable sort, and I thought you and Ms. Dancer might be interested in coming to some form of agreement before coming to blows again."

Broken Thorn had been taking long gances around him and just about everything in this realm. He had long feared treading the land of the dead, eventually to be made into the tools of the real Anathema. If he could he would offer a path out to dead, though he doubted that was possible in the current state of the world. An interesting machine you have there. A gate of some sort I assume?

He'd draw this out as long as he could before Green inevitably opened fire on the abomination.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] [M&M 2e] Exalted: The Dawn of a New Era

Revelynne
    She is silent and just letting Thorn speak. This was probably the Underworld. Best to just wait and see how much intel she can get.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Dorothy doesn't seem terribly impressed by the underworld as a whole. It's depressing, to be sure, but not really surprising. Either her expectations were unreasonable to begin with, or this plane had been tamed alongside creation as it assumed its now-static shape.

Similarly to Kirnan, she stares up at the meat arch with a look of undisguised disapproval. This would be the mustached doctor's doing, no doubt. In Dorothy's life, she'd had no more encounters with necrotech than with anything else abyssal-related, but it's not like necrotech is all that hard to recognize conceptually.

Still, if such a thing must exist, it is already right where it belongs. Even as the Inventor Queen, the underworld would fall pretty far outside her jurisdiction. She holds her tongue and lets the agents do their thing.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-01-06 at 11:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

- Ah, yes – the man shaked the hand of Thorn – My name is The Most Skillful Necromancer Who’s Mastery of Life and Death Shall Bring the World to Its Knees… not exactly my first choice, but you cannot say no to a Deathlord, can you? - there was again a hint of mockery in his voice – As to what we have there, it is truly ingenious in it’s simplicity. This gate, that you see behind me = he pointed at it with his thumb, completely unnecessarily – is a Gate of Life, powered by a Creation-made Hearthstone and located in the realm of the dead. After putting your Hearthstone in it, I am gonna go to Creation and using my magic, raise – in the very same space – a Gate of Death powered by the Underworld-made Heartstone. Then I will make a simple quantum entanglement of both Gates, spatially canceling the difference between the two realms… within the portals, of course. Now that you understand, please, give me the thing – he hold his hand toward Thorn and moved it, impatiently.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2021-01-10 at 03:10 PM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

"Interesting. You've certainly shown some technical prowess."

Without asking, the copper lady strides past the necromancer like she owns the place and approaches the arch itself. Her anima flickers to life as she addresses the object, rendering her unmistakable as one of its builder's peers.

"I am impressed, Underworld Gate. Your creator tells me you await the construction of your counterpart. How will you know when she is ready?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Kirnan sighs, it seems there will be no avoiding a violent end. This sounded like nothing but a Deathlord's scheme to march their armies into the world of the living, there was a reason free travel between the two realms wasn't possible. "It's certainly an impressive endeavor..."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Info
    Show
    "Mark Ritter"
    (Broken Thorn of the Red Nile)

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

- Super Senses 8 [Analytical (Taste), Infravision, Microscopic Vision, Rapid (Hearing and Vision), Scent, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision)]

"Oh. I see. You're trying to make a Shadowland and march on Creation. Certainly a less straight forward plan than the Deathknights I met during the war, and you need the Hearthstone to tear the initial hole. Certainly ingenious, not what I'd do, I'll admit I'm not as knowledgeable as I could be in quantum entanglement. Merits for creativity. Plenty of potential for widespread destruction."

Broken Thorn draws a cigarillo and lights it as he examines the pulsating flesh and the somewhat more immaculate man infront of him "I unfortunately can't hand over the hearthstone, yet. Ms. Green here would need some variety of agreement as to its... use. But that would be up to her."

"I wonder, what school of Necromechanics did you go to? Was this idea derived from the cancer collegias in the undereast or the carrion tombs somewhat more south of here? I had a colleague from the collegias when I was studying in Malfeas, who had an idea for a self-perpetuating cancer that he claimed could turn a city into puppets in about 21 days. This seems quite original though.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gate answered to Dorothy. ”I will know” came to her. ”Just know. When it will happen, it shall be obvious.”

At the same time, Skillful Necromancer looked at Thorn. In his gaze, there was a mixture of disdain, dissapointment and sense of superiority - You are mistaken. By a far shoot. – he explained, his voice somehow cold - I am not trying to “create a Shadowland”. Shadowland is a permanent fusing of Creation and Underworld, which works differently depending on the time of day. It also is area-wide and irreparable – unless you are a powerful Solar sorcerer, it is. What I try to create is something very, very different. A two-dimensional, contained break between words, not their fusion. Something that can be turned off and on as you need. Something that will work, if let to be, all the time, no matter the position of the sun. Something that will not contaminate the whole land. – he continued.

- And for a moment, I took you for a man of learning... – he clicked his mount, unsatisfied.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

"Very well, it won't create a Shadowland, but all the same, why make it at all? What is it's purpose?" Kirnan was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for this man to reveal his patron as the Lion or the Mask, that the gateway would be the start of an invasion of the living world.

10. - Top - End - #70

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

"I am a man of learning, what I lack is knowledge of your field. Quantum entanglement seems a rather recent idea, and my knowledge of modern academia only extends so far. Sorcery is my field. I assumed your intent was to create a shadowland as that would cause maximum casualties and near-permanent damage to creation. If that isn't your intent I wonder what the point of your gate would be? Certainly access to creation, but for what reason if your intent isn't to drag it down?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Dorothy keeps talking to the archway. People were never really her strong suit. She and the necromancer probably have that in common. At least he doesn't seem to mind her messing with his invention like this.

"Will it be obvious enough for us to see? How might I keep an eye out for the event?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-01-19 at 04:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Another answer came to Dorothy. “Yes, it will” continued the Gate “Manual operation is required.

At the same time, Skillful Necromancer continued his talk with Kirnan and Thorn. “You, Solars...” he sighed, even though one of his interlocutors clearly wasn’t a Solar “Always blaming us, Deathknights, accusing of treason, murders and carnage. Did it come to you for just a moment that we might NOT be all like that?” he asked, rolling his eyes.

Okay, for your information – no, we are not trying to make some kind of Shadowland and no, we do not wanna invade Creation. Did you had a proper look at the ghosts in there?” he demanded “Poor, forgotten, starving souls? You know that there are not currently any ancestors cults in the world? No cults means no players and offerings, this means no food for them. They cannot die – not from starvation, at least – but they still feel the hunger, cold, loneliness and pain. But oh, why so noble and shiny Exalted of the living world should care, huh?” there was a nasty glimmer in his eyes.

What I wanna do is to create gates between worlds and let the souls of the dead to pass through. This will give them the warm sun, food, shelter and at least a substitute of being alive.” Necromancer explained “And now be so kind and give me the hearthstone.” he moved his hand impatiently.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"How sure are you that that is all it will be used for? That no Deathlord will try to take it from you?"

14. - Top - End - #74

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

"Fascinating." Broken Thorn had a certainly queer expression on his face as he contemplated the words of Deathknight before him.

"I'm not a solar, but this sounds like a noble goal to me. Certainly I've noticed a shift and the dead are often ignored, I'm unsure if it's a wise plan to allow the hungry dead back into the world, but you have my support. Honestly I always assumed they were still receiving patronage through alternative means, I remember a few quaint traditions in South America, though that isn't the point. If it was up to me I'd hand you the artifact and assist with the ritualism, but I fear if we did it without the backing of Ms. Green here we'd get an airstrike on the other side at best."

Broken Thorn flourished with his hand and turned his attention to Agent Green, "What do you think?"

With the words of the warrior amongst them he wondered. That was a good point. What's to stop another Deathknight from moving in and using it to upend the idea?
    Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2021-01-22 at 11:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Dorothy finds the answer a little vague, but that's to be expected. It's only natural that the arch wouldn't intuit what she wants as well as her own creations would. "I see. If you don't mind, when you do contact your counterpart, could you tell her to light up the sky so that I might find her and come visit? It does not need to be anything specific. A version of your creator's anima banner should do."

Even as she makes that request, it occurs to her that she doesn't necessarily know how much essence this thing really channels in its operation or what it's really capable of. Given that everyone here already knows how exalts work, she goes ahead and calls upon the full power of her caste excellency.

A fountain of gold and pink light shimmers around Ms. Price as the knowledge of her exaltation floods into her mind. This anima display might be a huge social faux pas in the underworld, but if the necromancer is anything like Dorothy, he might not care about a social faux pas.

Spoiler: Lore Excellency
    Show
    Expertise checks for knowledge!

1. To determine the arch's function firsthand and, if it makes sense to do so, to program in the light show function she's requesting: (1d20+30)[38]

2. To recall some information about the formation of hungry ghosts and how such a being is typically dealt with. As her main thought, she'd want to consider a way to get a ghost's soul to pass on rather than exist in undead limbo at all. (1d20+30)[44]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Agent Green:
    She has been listening patiently and will now speak, she adjusts her sunglasses to begin.
    "A seemingly compassionate plight, deathlord. My counterpoint: Let these souls pass into the cycle of reincarnation and all these problems will be solved by just.....living actual lives. Sure they won't remember anything. But! Everything must end someday. These souls you care for are in pain because they haven't passed on. Because they cling to life they have already lost. Sure you can keep them sustained on worship and sacrifices, feeding their half-lives forever, but to what end? Its questionable if ghosts are the actual person that they once were....or just the half of their soul that is unable to grow, unable to move on, playing their lives endlessly and repeatedly without end.

All the while taking prayer away from the world. Slowly, inevitably leading it towards its doom by siphoning away essence that would go to maintaining the living world to maintain its static shadow. You may not be making a shadowland, but you are potentially pulling prayer away from the gods, who admittedly don't really need it either they just have it for pleasure but at least they do work and if they don't have it well....it will just be transferring the suffering to some other place while maintaining something that doesn't have any use except as caring for people that should've passed on long ago. So tell me why should we allow this deathlord to try and set up a glorified yet dour retirement home?"

She glances around
    "Like I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but I'm just giving you the proper perspective of what this is here. Sure its compassionate for you to do this, but there is reasons why the Sidereals haven't done this before."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-24 at 02:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not have diodes” answered the Gate “And besides, I would need all the energy to sustain my main function. But fear not, I am big and the effect I was made to perform shall be quite visible”.

At the same time, the anime of Dorothy flared up. Knowledge filled her mind, almost overwhelming in its scope and deepness.

She did know first-hand that the gate could not be displayed to emit any kind of light, but she supposed that the gate between worlds – her Exaltation did not remember something similar in any of the ancient Ages – would probably either suck light from Creation or enlighten Underworld – just like a window between a very bright outside and a very dark room, just in both ways.

As to hungry ghosts, she had more luck. They were souls of poor people, who had unfinished business when still alive – and because they could not solve their problems, they stayed the way they were instead of moving forward and reincarnating.

There were some possibilities to help them – the most obvious was to find their “anchor” and help them with resolving that issue on an individual basic. Other was use of Necromancy or Celestial circle level Sorcery to summon a ghost, and then make them go to Yu-Shan.

The other solution… well, if somebody would kill them – like, provide them with a Final Death – then they would not be suffering anymore. And at least some people considered that a proper solution. The more extreme of Exalts.

Going back to the Necromancer…

Skillful Necromancer looked coldly at agent Green. The fake-ish, mocking smile has all faded from his face, now revealing only pure contempt.

- Oh yes, Sidereals and their great solutions to every problem there is. I vividly remember the last time it happened. The Great Prophecy. The killing of all Solars and most part of Lunars. The Jade Prison. Souls of deceased Solars, all in the Underworld. Funny stuff, some of them then became Deatlords and some of those finally broke into your little Jade Prison. Good thing their calculations were imperfect, or there would be no Solars nowadays at all. Feeling proud of that, I presume? – there was pure nastiness in his question.

- But, okay, let us listen to the most enlightned Sidereal, who knows always better that the other people. What kind of solution to this problem you propose? Something quick, fast, efficient, available at hand? Are you gonna make psychotherapy sessions for every ghost out there and help him pass away? Maybe you gonna learn Celestial Sorcery and summon every one of them and give them order to go to Yu-Shan? Come on, share your great and perfect knowledge with us. You are a Visier after all, are you not? – it could not be more clear what Necromancer thinks of her. And it weren’t nice thoughts.

- Returning to your questions, Solar – he nodded at Kirnam - Yes, a Deathlord could use this technology. However, this demands 5-level Hearthstones on both sides. And it can be always turned off from either side. Like a telephone, you need a receiver and a sender. It can look all mighty and powerful, but actually the solution is very volatile and fragile. With the exception of the gates themselves, of course, but they themselves without energy source are just… well, a necromantic archways. Nothing more, I assure you.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2021-01-28 at 08:45 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Kirnan shakes his head. "That doesn't prevent a Deathlord from using your gate, it just means they infiltrate their armies in among the other ghosts."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Revelynne:
    She is actually taken by surprise.
    "Great Prophecy? What the hell is that!? We have no records of this. We knew that Solar and Dragon-Blooded civilizations fell at some point, but why was lost to us. Are you claiming that you lived before the change to the Third Age!? To think that ancient Sidereals might've done that....I can't begin to imagine why. If what you claim is true, no Sidereal currently alive could possibly confirm it. Our lifespan is a set 5000 years, and most Exalts due to their adventurous lives don't live past 100. The theoretical oldest of our order would've been chosen at the dawn of current civilization. We knew there Sidereals before because the Maidens told us but....as far as I know, no Sidereal of the previous order was alive by that time. You'd know more of those ancient times than us, Deathlord.

But even if what you say is true, the matter is only relevant to you, is it not? The rest of the world has forgotten and moved on. Do people fight wars and conflicts over ancient history? No they do not. What you say may be important in a historical context if its something we can confirm being true but hardly cause for any other than updating the textbooks. A lot of humanity's current ancestors pointlessly killed each other over seemingly important things in the past, what is one more? Now I have the deepest apologies for your plight. You were killed by the Sidereals and that sucks. It always does, and you've been existing here for who knows how long in this dreary place, feelings all sorts of things about it: anger, bitterness, sadness, boredom, all so you can someday do whatever it is you want to do despite your ghostly state.

But at some point, the past must no longer be relevant. If humanity keeps defining ourselves by what has come before, how will we ever move forward? History can be learned from, certainly but we must take care not to chain ourselves to it. For most people, who killed who long ago isn't relevant at all. It may be relevant to the history of Exalts and scholars, but let us not involve and thus harm anyone else in it, hm? I'd like to know more of this ancient history, even if the account is biased as all accounts are, it would be invaluable information about ages before this one.

As for the ghosts, that is different. I'm Chosen of Secrets, taking care of this is more of the Endings department, I believe they have agents to use a shadowlands level necromancy spell to simply make a ghost pass on to Lethe. But even that would take a while. But perhaps one of my companions has other solutions? The strength of Exalts is that each kind has different strengths and weaknesses, different ways they can solve problems. I'm sure we can figure out something if we combine our talents and resources."

She seems to take out a notepad and pen to take notes, jotting down what the Death Lord said about ancient history.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

"The psychotherapy idea might be more realistic than you think," says Dorothy as she wanders back into the conversation. "I understand that ghosts tend to be pretty forthcoming with the troubles that bind them in place. With the right training, a team of mortal ghost busters could address most of them without the need for sorcery. Sowing cults would just make the problem worse, as old ghosts become more entrenched and new ones start showing up in greater numbers."

She continues. "Necromancer, I think you may have given in to a temptation that's common for people like us. We get a project into our heads and tell ourselves stories about how great it will be and how many problems it will solve, until we're blind to all of the new problems we create and perceive anyone who doubts us as obstacles. Heaven knows I've done it. I'm not opposed to the gate in principle, but ultimately it's just a convenience for you."

"I think we've gotten sidetracked from the original reason we've gathered here. The hearthstone. Simply put, it doesn't belong to you. It's also not ours to give to you. There are licenses. Jurisdictions. We need to figure out where it came from and, if possible, to return it to its proper owner. Once we've done that, you can deal with them, properly this time."

She freezes for a moment as she realizes that maybe her tone got away from her. "...in my opinion," she finally adds.

21. - Top - End - #81

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

And there sat Broken Thorn, in the middle of an argument with the hearthstone theoretically at hand to do with as he wished. For all anyone knew he had plugged it in already and began using it. Not that he had or would. Very good points on both sides. At this point he was on the side of the necromancer, but he realized their goal was unrealistic.

Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2021-01-30 at 09:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

The Skillful Necromancer listened to Revelynne, being quite focused on what she had to say. When she finished, there was a long moment of uncertain feeling on his face. And then…

He busted with laughter.

His voice was cracking, his hands embraced his waving belly, and his face was wet with tears. He was laughing long and loud, barely keeping himself on his two feet.

It was lasting for some time.

When he finished, he took a few deep breaths and tried to straighten himself.

- You mean… you mean… you mean you do not remember? Nothing at all? - he asked, trying hard to not laugh again – Oh my! What a story!

- Okay, so… uf… I have every memory of my Exaltation. Neverborn cannibalized the memories of my Solar history, but I remember everything that had happened to me in my various Abyssal experience. Thus I also know about the Great Prophecy. It was quite a thing in Second Age, but it began at the end of the First one. If you are ignorant, o how witty and smart, all-knowing Sidereal, then please, lemme enlighten you.

- At the beginning of the First Age, Solars were welcomed as the greatest heroes and Gods-made rulers of all Creation. But, as they power grew, so did their decadence, recklessness and even madness. Disturbed by that, all Sidereals gathered at the Loom of Fate and made what we call Great Prophecy. The Prophecy showed three possible outcomes. The Golden Path, in which Solars, guided by Sidereals, returned to the noble road and rules Creation in peace. The Oblivion Path, in which Creation is destroyed by it’s greatest heroes. The Bronze Path, in which Dragon-Blooded, with Sidereals as the puppet masters, defeated Solars and took ruleship of the world. Only Broze Path could be taked for granted. Only it was the sure road. Golden Path was uncertain, and if it failed, the world would cease to exist.

- So what did the noble and visonary Siderals? You have killed all the Solars, good part of Lunars, you invaded Lytek’s office, inprisoned Solar exaltations and created a fake religion and tyrannical empire of Dragon-Blooded. And, of course, you have became the hidden masters of the universe. You have even bronek the constellation of Mask, just to avoid any legal repercussions from Yu-Shan. If the Maiden of Secrets didn’t intervene, the harm would be ever-lasting and unfixable.

- Great plan, really – he clapped his hands in a gesture of mockery - But when the Great Contagion and armies of Fair Folk attacked, there was nothing to protect the world from harm. If the Scarled Empress didn’t activate the Sword of Creation, that would be the end. And, of course, all Solar exaltation, contained and enclosed, was a very easy target for Deathlords. This is how Abyssals came into existence. From stolen and twisted Solar exaltations.

- So you see how fragile is your intelligence, I assume? How empty your plans? How scheming is your kind? How blind and mistaken? – he asked.

-Yes, we could not always look into the past. But when the past and the present are identical, we should think about what was to discover what will be. And the past of Sidereals is just as wicked and misguided as is their present. So forgive me if I am not looking into cooperating with you. You are a bunch of literal backstabbers. And you will be treated as ones.

-As to the rest of you – he eyed Kirnam and Dorothy - You can try transporting psychotherapist there. You could cross the barrier between worlds only because you are Essence users – all other people could not use the Black Chalk. I also care not to whom the Hearthstone belongs. I operate in a state of higher needs. Perpetum mobile? Seriously? I wanna save lives, not people from paying electricity bills. And please, think of what will happen, if people will have access to this technology. I can imagine a powerful, Essence bomb, much, much worse than what had happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And if the technology will be made public – oh, believe me, it will – it will happen sooner or later. The world is not ready for that. Not when there are so many differences and inability to cross them between people of this age. Do not be misguided, the free energy that Solar is offering will be used to do wrongs sooner or later. He’s just too blind to see it.

- But, of course, it is my solution that is wrong and wicked, isn’t it? – he asked with a nasty glimmer in his eyes.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

"'That Solar?' So another Twilight is behind this..." Dorothy mumbles as a note to herself.

"I'm sure I can work something out, transportation-wise. It would be an interesting campaign. The dead seek the guidance of the living for closure, like a seance in reverse." A horribly amused look crosses her face, then she suddenly closes her eyes and sharply inhales. She has to actively stop herself from sitting there iterating on ideas in her head.

"Still, we cannot give you the hearthstone. Even if we trust you, you in turn are still beholden to your own masters. If I recall correctly, their chief concern was to bring Creation to its end. That would make your mention of essence bombs especially apt. It is a disaster waiting to happen, at least as much in your hands as it is in anyone else's. I think you know that."

She stares at her broken piece of chalk and twirls it in her fingers.

"That's besides the point, though. Technically, one could make that argument for any hearthstone, any magical material, any old First Age artifact. In this case, we know the dead can afford to be patient. We can afford to make an arrangement where your masters won't shove you aside and use your invention to take over the world. That, and I prefer follow the law as best I can. Call it my own character flaw if you like."

It's impossible to tell whether that last part was supposed to be a joke or not. Dorothy has a weird sense of humor.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Revelynne: Extrapolate
    As the deathlord finishes his speech, she finishes taking her notes, having transcribed his entire speech word for word to be analyzed later. She then looks up with a grin of all things.
    "Thank you, Mr. Skillful Necromancer was it? For your contribution to history. This will be very valuable.

Though I can't help but notice something you mentioned in your speech that I didn't know about. This Great Contagion....you speak of it as if it was an unexpected variable in the Sidereals plan. But you see....normally? This is impossible."

Her grin only grows wider as she spreads her hands outwards.
    "Why? Because normally plagues and diseases are under the purview of gods under Saturn's command and monitored by the Chosen of Endings. So of course the regulation and security on such things is pretty tight. If we knew of a plague coming from the plague gods we would have ample warning. Everything the gods do, mortals do....all recorded in the Loom and so even if they hide it, we can find the cause, the origin point. But there are things it can't predict. Things beyond its reach.

One of these things is the Underworld. The other is Malfeas. Both are beyond its reach- for good reason.

And its perfectly possible for a plague to be made outside Sidereal control- so if the Sidereals didn't see it coming, its because it was made outside Creation. Now to be fair it could've been the Yozis that did it- but that honestly makes no sense. The Yozi's nature is that they seek to escape from their prison, forever and ever. They will never succeed, but they will always try. Unleashing a plague upon Creation? Doesn't line up with that. No matter how many people die in Creation it will never free them from their prison. They know that, we know that. Therefore there is no point to them doing it.

However what does make sense? The motivations of the Neverborn, those whom you serve. They wish for all of Creation to die, so that their own fetters may be removed, as they are attached to and hate Creation, because they created it before they died. I notice you gloated with particular pride at the Great Contagion part, and since the Fair Folk were part of it and there is no reason for anyone else to sic them on Creation, I think its pretty clear that it was the Death Lords themselves that unleashed the Great Contagion and the Fair Folk Invasion in an attempt to destroy it, as well as to get revenge on the Sidereals for what they did to the Solars. The Sidereals wouldn't screw up their own plan, the Solars were gone, and the Dragon-Blooded wouldn't ruin their own position of power and the Lunars wouldn't be so foolish as to put Creation at risk. What does this mean?"

She points dramatically at Skillful Necromancer
    "Not only are the Death Lords aren't to be trusted-they have unleashed a weapon on Creation before to try and destroy it!!!"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

- Yes - was all the Necromancer said to the accusation of Agent Green - It was a Neverborn thing made with help and execution of the Deathlords. But please, do not think yourself smart and witty, cause you are not.

- First thing first, it is a really ancient history, and only concerns us as to things that didn’t change in all this time. Like, the ignorant pride of Sidereals. Secondly, in a time it was happening, Deathknights didn’t exist yet. So do not blame us for that. Next thing, Deathlords were born out of sad and miserable souls of Solars, who after your little… political operation, let’s call it, went to the Underworld. There they got a chance at power and revenge from the Neverborn. Funny thing you mentioning your beloved Maiden of Endings. Surely making sure no soul escapes reincarnation is in her purview, is it not? And it is YOUR job to make that happen? Well, it is funny how you could overlook a big portion of Solars escaping into the Underworld and not care if Deathlords are born or not. Well, another example of your own incompetence, even though you see no fault of your own. Tell me, how it is to be so cynical? – he asked with a vicious smile upon his lips.

- And yes, even if you have full and unrestricted access to the Loom of Fate, there are thing you cannot predict. And things so powerful that Sidereals alone cannot take responsibility and attempt to change it. It is for this reason there are only 100 Sidereal Exaltations. Enough to cooperate with and direct other Exalted, but not enough to run the Creation alone. Surely you can do this basic arithmetic? The whole system of Unity of Heavens, as it was once called, was made with the Solars and Lunars taken into the equation. And Creation could not run smoothly if all Solars’ Exaltations were imprisoned and Lunars somewhere at the edges of the world. You, Sidereals, changed everything in your prideful, ignorant, “we know it better” fashion, and then wondered why it is not working. You are pathetic.

- The last thing is, neither I nor Dancer are under any Deathlord orders. We are working from our own motivation. So please save your moralities, we have much less sins than your kind. And even thought it is the beginning of the Fourth Age, the things with Siderals are the same, just like there were back in the First One.

- You are right. This is ancient history. But history that was not analyzed successfully and no lesson was learned… this is not an ancient history. This is a modern-day reality.

- As I explained – he turned his attention to Dorothy - we serve no Deathlord and the hearthstone will not fall into their possessions. I do not know what I have to add it this topic. As to the “some troops will go into Creation using this Gate” I have no better answer than this – yes, it is possible, but it is ultimately a collective responsibility. You cannot punish all the souls just because some of them might wreak havoc. It is just not just. You have every right to punish everyone who will be corrosive to Creation, but you cannot treat by default every soul we wanna save as a criminal or terrorist. It simply will not do.

He shook his head, looking at you all -What it is in my argumentation that’s so hard to understand?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    He shook his head, looking at you all -What it is in my argumentation that’s so hard to understand?
    "Well, for me it's why you keep trying to lay blame for the actions of dead Sidereals at Green's feet. You're asking her to take responsibility for choices she had nothing to do with. Would you try to make me responsible for the actions of every Dawn that came before me? Why? No one chooses to become a Sidereal, they are born with the Fated Exaltation, you're laying guilt on her for things she's had no choice in, including the actions of the Maidens, as if she has any sway over them. And you seem strangely confident that a Deathlord can't come here and take this gate from you by force."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are putting words in my mouth," says Dorothy, seemingly growing bored. "You should not have had to. I probably droned on too much as it was."

Another possible joke, though this time it came out way more passive-aggressively than intended.

She doesn't have anything else to say. It's pretty clear to her that the real quarrel is between the necromancer and the Sidereal agent; Dorothy is just getting splashed with residual antipathy at this point. She's much more comfortable passively observing the spirited history lecture.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-02-12 at 07:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Revelynne:
    She shakes her head
    "First of all, I'm not treating these souls as criminals. Making them pass to Lethe? Allowing them to move on from the torments and pains that keep them repeating and lingering when their time has passed? That is a kindness. To quote Gods of Pegana:
    "O Mung! O loveliest of the gods! O Mung, most dearly to be desired! thy gift of Death is the heritage of Man, with ease and rest and silence and returning to the Earth. Kib giveth but toil and trouble; and Sish, he sendeth regrets with each of his hours wherewith he assails the World. Yoharneth-Lahai cometh nigh no more. I can no longer be glad with Limpang-Tung. When the other gods forsake him a man hath only Mung!"

Saturn is much like Mung in that regard. Your only prolonging your own suffering by remaining. And again, I am not responsible for the actions of long dead Sidereals. If you think I condone something akin to genocide on the Solar Exalted, your sadly mistaken. If you really think I did, would I be walking around with two of them?

You freely admit that the Death Lords unleashed such a weapon on the world indiscriminately. And you expect me to trust someone like you who serves them and the Neverborn? At the very least, the Abyssals are no more trustworthy than the Sidereals by your logic. I sense that my companions tire of this conversation. I fear we may be boring them with ancient history."

How to resolve this? Take anymore time here and it'll just be sad. All ancient history nonsense aside, the options are:
    1: Entrust the Abyssal with the cube.
    2: Do not Entrust Abyssal with the cube.
    3: Third option?
    "....Dorothy, do you think its possible to replicate this cube we have to put into something we use as a deterrent? We make a second cube, give this Abyssal that second cube then put the first into something to make sure we have insurance to make sure that they're doing what they say they're doing. If they try pulling a fast one we simply respond in kind and if they are truly doing for this for the souls wellbeing we can just let them be. Does that sound agreeable to anyone? Or do any of you have a better plan?"

29. - Top - End - #89

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

Ah. Broken Thorn smiled. They actually had a solution and something could be brokered now. Something he could help with if their Solar had an idea.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, yes and no," Dorothy says when she's pulled back in. "You mentioned that the core of the device is a hearthstone, correct? As magical devices go, it's fairly basic, but it's not a standalone item. To create one, one must first create a manse, built upon some natural confluence of essence. Specifically, one in creation, which I imagine is the connection that our esteemed necromancer's invention relies upon."

She pauses for a second to think. Her anima flares again as she calls upon her caste's signature excellencies.

"If we had access to the manse to which this artifact is connected - most likely, wherever its would-be inventor discovered it - I might be able to create a second hearthstone as its sister, or I could build a monitor to locate it and any other hearthstones bound to the site." She almost mentions the idea of a kill switch - one could annul a stone's power by destroying the manse - but that would probably be laying it too thick.

Spoiler: Lore? Maybe?
    Show
    I'm not sure if I should be rolling to check my theories here... I'll just post my questions and possible plans in the OOC, and her powers can tell her whatever we come up with as a group.