New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Against the Empire and the Faith - IC 1

Hengstridge, a small Town at the Border between Kharvim and Lazhaar, the 1st Kalraion of Martharos, on one of the first Days of Summer of the year of the 7 654.

It is one of those incredibly clear-aired Days.

The Sky of the hilly region seems to be endless and empty,exactly one medium sized cloud within sight, no wind is blowing, and the Air is full of the noises of Insects swarming around, in the slowly rising tempearure of early summer the air is getting drier, as the last remains of morning dew evaporate.

Due to the fact that Hengstridge does not have a direct access to one of the major trading roads, its roads must be kept up by the Township itself, which is the reason why a squadron of 25 men and women of the local Carpenters Guild are out and about, loudly fixing parts of the Bridge across the Stream Heng, which gave the town its name, and has an unusually deep bed, given its width of not much more than 4 meters. hence why most of them are only heard, not seen, from the road.

As you come closer to said bridge, close enough that the towns highest Towers (A Temple of the 7 and a small Lunar observatory) are visible against the climbing Sun, you see 3 Soldiers regulating traffic in a way that allows only up to 2 horses or one wagon on the bridge at the same time.

There is already a rather large, wildly mixed gathering on the western side of the bridge, waiting to cross.
    Half a dozen young men or old boys carrying milk cans, 2 very well built closed Wagons bearing the sign of Thretaar, a medium sized Trading house of Khavim, and a hand full of “classic” travellers, armed and equipped for solo travel.

And the, "randomly" met or not, long time “Colleagues” of Norah Capteen, Alara Castings and Meridith Gildemeere.

Having met when leaving the trade roads end in Lazhaar, you decided that it wouldn`t be any more obvious if you traveled together, given the area effectively only has one road going east. You 3 are here to meet friends and partners in Rebellion in the Town, as Kelhedros and Ptolemy have sent word that there is “work to be done” that requires more than one or 2 of the Rebellions Big names (amongst which all of the 5 can count themselves by now, actually you are quite sure that aside from a Handful of old Elves, you are among the Top 10 of your Cause already...which makes the fact that you are effectively fighting a whole Continent a bit less daunting....at times).

Be that as it may, you think you have at least 10 minutes to do some not too dangerous talk until you ill be allowed to cross the bridge. And silently watching the other travellers cant be THAT interesting now, can it?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If you want to slightly modify the where and when you got together, feel free to do so. Its merely necessary that you arrive together from the bridge onwards, so I thought some banter might help to get into character and prep the actual game :)

As for the start of this Adventure, Kelheros and Ptolemy were the most likely Characters to get the Info first, please dont feel left out. If its getting more social, or Magical, your hour will not have to wait too long. ;)

Also, even if I say it often enough, if there are questions, Suggestions, or anything else, do not hesitate to write (ideally in the OOC Thread, thats what its for^^)!
    Communication is central for games like this to work.

I must know, I`ve been doing this for more than a decade ^^

Enough procrastination, lets play. :)

Meanwhile, in the Town proper:

Kelheros is sitting in a “Travellers Lodge” of the Town, waiting for his collegues and...friends to arrive.. Travellers Lodges are kind of mandatory in all Towns below a certain Size, as the fact of opposing Trading houses lodging at the same Inn has proven...problematic.
    This town has 3, and Kelheros chose the middle one, due to the fact it is closest to the eastern exit of the Town...and due to the fact the owner is an Orc, and hence has (funnily, given their history BEFORE the Sorcerer Wars) the least inherent Distrust of travelling Elves that look as imposing as he does.

The maid, half orc and probably the Innkeepers daughter given how young she looks, delivers his order, a small bowl of Kharvims well loved Fish Stew and a very dry, local White wine.

His thoughts switch between scanning the Inn, 4 other Guests, all human and bearing a trading houses mark on their cuats, and his plans.
    Soon his friends will be here, and as he and Ptolemy called the meeting, it is time to collect his thought s on how to best deliver the Information he has for them.

Said Wanderer therewhile should be on his way to meet Kelheros...unless he decided otherwise and sent a runner. After all, what he has to tell his long time Compatriot bears enough importance to warrant more care than even they are accustomed to.
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2020-08-12 at 04:37 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Agains the Empire and the Faith - IC 1

Meredith

Sometimes, the shortest distance between two points was NOT a flying zombie horse.

As the trio had approached the backup at the bridge, Meredith had backtracked long enough to store her horse with her other helpers. While she was at it, she adjusted her look to round out her features, removing any trace of elven blood.

Smiling at her colleagues as they took their place in line, Meredith shrugged. The rebels were normally so careful about not gathering too many of the great powers together in one place. Anything that required five of them was doubtless of paramount importance. Still, after a month of operating on her own, it was lovely to have had Norah and Alara's company.

"I've been spending too much time down in the mines. I sometimes forget the simple pleasures of sunshine on a summer's day."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: disguise roll
    Show
    (1d20+16)[17] this is with out using magic items and has a -2 to make her look middle age.

Norah, went by Scarlet when in public. A habit she developed before joining the rebels as she was sure the inquisition was hunting her. She took other precautions as well, today she had temporally dyed some of her hair gray. Cleaver use of some dirt added some aging to her complexion. However the worry lines on her eyes were natural, only 21 but stress was taking its toll on her.

She leaned in close to whisper into Meredith's ear. "I am just saying, you could put the skeletons in a bag of holding." She leaned back and looked up at the sky. Speaking at a normal volume. "I swear your turning into a dwarf down in those mines. I am happy I only do business there rarely myself." She turned to Alara "Don't you think she is spending to much time down in the mines?"

Conversation had been like this for a short while now. We had two parts going on, a louder semi public conversation that could be overheard and a quieter less frequent private conversation about our work in the revolution.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-08-09 at 10:40 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Kelhedros thanked the maid for his meal and scanned the other guests as discreetly as he could. Once he felt sure he had the measure of them, he could turn his mind towards the coming conversation. His longbow was kept in his pack, no other way to conceal it, but he had his dagger with its sinister payload beneath his cloak, and he always had his hands.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+23)[36], to look for telltale signs of concealed weapons, check if they're looking at him a little too intently, passing signals discreetly, etc.

If some of the above would be Sense Motive: (1d20+16)[19]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: results
    Show

2 of them are throwing looks towards Kelhedros, a very slightly half elven looking young man and his red haired and very curvy human Girlfriend, he thinks.

Kelhedros is pretty sure that they are ELf Groupies (the smallest number of prejudiced people regarding Elves, usually they try to get him to speak of things he experienced before their parents were born, or simply stare and mumble stuff.

At least doesnt seem dangerous, and aside from the Barkeep, who has a machete on his right leg, noone is armed.

A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

A man covered covered in worn and dusty clothes enters the tavern, a black scarf covering most of his face. On his back are several sacks that he carries with seeming ease. Acting as if a regular customer, he immediately walks to the bar with simple strides. The curves of a smile appear just above his covering as he gently pounds the counter twice before placing a small stack of coins on it. "Happen to have a room available Barkeep? One with a window if you have it."

Outside, a small but unusually colored falcon circles the village from high in the sky, his eye trained on the Traveler's Lodge his master entered, ready to swoop in if he spied any creature with the Empire's symbol on them.

Show

I'm having Helios Watch the building I entered. He's to return either when he spots me leaving, or if he sees any humanoid with the Empire's symbol on them approach
    Swift Action Perception for Helios (1d20+10)[30]

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmmm? Oh, of course, of course....." The Orc Bartender, a comfortable amount of fat covering his very muscular but aging form, rumbles in a basso voice, while scratching his shaved head.
    "I`ve still got the uppermost room, windows in both east and west directions, but a bit small, or a standard room with a window westwards."

He rummages around behind the bar, fishing out a slightly dirty small book, maybe 40 pages, and puts it on the bar, opening and turning pages until he reaches an empty page.

"Here we go, and how many days, Mr....?

Spoiler: Scouting
    Show

Well, if something comes and isnt very good at hiding, you can expect to be warned.

For now, your falcon is circling the Travellers Lodge.

Last edited by GrayDeath; 2020-08-11 at 05:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

BarbarianGuy

"Ptomely. And as long as it takes to do my job. The Empire needs their maps as accurate as possible don't you know. How does 10 gold sound? And if I stay past whatever that buys me, we can square up at the end. The small room will do nicely."
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alara has disguised herself as Marian, an image of an accomplished, cheerful and friendly healer she sold to the Rebels. Appearance-wise, she is a woman with fiery red hair to her shoulder and a clear hearty face with sea blue eyes, dressed in the linen of red and blue mix of a peasant woman. She had became a part of them for about 2 years after they "scouted" her from the streets for skillful healing. Of course, they have not put together that Marian is the same as Delphi and Alara yet. She is extra careful not to reveal those cards unless the situation needs it. She had been spending an awful amount of time going incognito for a long time by playing the long game and aiding the Rebels from the shadows. Her participation as Marian is similar to a lesser extend that she patches up the Rebels behind the scene although she is one of the personas that is more active than her two passive personas. Her journey to town marks first open appearance. She uses a mirror to check that her disguise is convincing as she basks in the sunlight along with her fellow rebels, Norah under the guise of Scarlet and Meredith as they walk towards their destination. When Scarlet asks her about her opinion about Meredith spending too much time in the mines, Marian laughs.

"I would say yes if she has forgotten the warmth and touch of the sun. That is not a bad thing. In fact, her expertise as a miner may help me fulfill my dream."

Show

Disguise (expending a re-roll to roll twice and take better result)

(1d20+22)[33]
    (1d20+22)[31]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-08-12 at 01:15 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meredith smiled at her companions. She tilted her head back, feeling the sun on her skin, and stretched.

"Well, then, I'm doubly glad of the chance to travel here with you two. And I am simply DESPERATE to find out how mining intersects with your dreams. But I am a patient, patient woman."

She glances forward at the progress of the line crossing the bridge.

"Which is, apparently, a good thing."

Show
    Everyone's doing disguise checks, and I feel left out! (1d20+19)[33]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Keep being patient and you will get your just reward. I plan on revealing my dream some day. Just not today."

Marian raises one finger with a smile as the group approaches the bridge.

"Until then, I will keep you guessing."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-08-12 at 10:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Given that, obviously, as a former team, they know what Marian truly is (if not her full name and backstory), otherwsie she would not be here, this is the usual "lets see what I can weedle out" game between the 2 women.

Because once you ahve been in a true pickle together, against the Empire or a crashing Mine shaft, you dont care if your magically powerful friend is undead, or wants to keep her true name secret, you know you can rely on them.

And so, while the team reaquaints itself, the cicadas start chirping, and the poeple are slowle let across the bridge, a few minutes go by.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show

OOC:Ah, Disguses, aside from Scarlet you all are well disguised. She simply looks overworked and a bit dirty. ^^

I, as I wrote in the rules, make your perception checks unless you say you are specifically scouting for something.
    So I have made them here.

And while only 2 locals are left before the trio, meredith hears something from stream-upwards.

As she looks, she sees a trio of Horses come down beside the Stream, pretty quickly, so they should be arriving within a few minutes.

One of them flies the Banner of Duke Lerkoss, the closest Dukedoms ruler, and all seem well armed and armored.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Double Post
    Show

Sorry, forgot to answer Ptolemy. Double post to avoid it being overlooked ^^

"Hmmm, well, 10 Gold buys you 3 nights with food, if you dont need a stable. Sign your name here, please."
    He pushes the booklet5 towards Ptolemy on the bar, to let him sign.

"So, will it be the roof room? I need to send the maid up with the water and the Bedsheets?"

While he waits for the answer, he is already waving for the second maid to come, to send her up once they have exchanged a few words. Turning, the maid shows to be of seemingly human heritage, if almost as curvy as the Half Orc maid, and brownhaired.
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2020-08-12 at 04:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith - IC 1

Norah spots Helios off in the distance, a little disappointed that Dusk is following from a distance, largely doing its own thing. If Norah could she would single the falcon to join its air borne brother. Turning down the road she spots the oncoming horses. "We should move out of their way." She did not need to say that they should discreetly watch them and remember all we can. She also readies herself in case their cover for the mission had already been blown.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meredith watches the riders approach. Well, that gives some clue as to why they were here. She nods silently in response to Norah's excellent suggestion, and steps well clear of the road.

As the riders approach, Meredith watches to see if any of the riders are actually the Duke himself, and then focuses on the faces of the riders. It may be useful to be able to impersonate one of them in the future.

Show
    Knowledge Nobility to spot the duke, if present: (1d20+10)[23]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Kelhedros waited as Ptolemy's room was prepared, and as he pretended to savor his wine, he listened for footsteps upstairs to indicate where in the building that room was located. Once Ptolemy was upstairs, he'd take his leave of the building and make use of his talents to get into that room undetected.

Spoiler
    Show

The point is to get into the room and meet with Ptolemy without being seen to have been associated. The plan is:
    - Determine the location of the room: (1d20+23)[29] Perception
    - Pay for his meal, bid the innkeeper good day, and leave the building
    - Get to somewhere near the building that passerby won't see him, and hide: (1d20+34)[38] Stealth
    - Use Enter The Vortex Stance to gain a Fly speed and Blend With the Night boost to go invisible for one round
    - Fly to the wall or roof of Ptolemy's room and use Ghostwalk boost to pass through into the room (or just go through a window if possible)

If any step of the above is unfeasible he'll have to try something else.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2020-08-13 at 02:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BarbarianGuy

Ptomely eyes the maid in the corner of his eye as he signs the book. "The Roof Room will he perfect yes. No need to bother yourself with water and bedsheets. I don't tend to sleep much." He turns slightly towards the approaching woman, still addressing the Innkeeper though speaking slightly louder to let her hear as well. "Though if you wish to send her up later tonight, I'm sure she can help me find a use for those sheets. Ptomley chuckles a bit, shaking his head at his silly attempt at flirting.

Once he has finished up with the owner, the half elf man walks towards his room, purposefully going through the tables to reach the stairs. As he strides past the elf enjoying his meal, his whispers under his breath. "Okno bude otevřeno do třiceti minut."

Once he has found his room, Ptomely locks his door behind him. He inspects his room, detecting for magic on the off chance someone is listening in. Once he feels secure, he opens the western window then sits under the eastern one, waiting.

Spoiler: Aklo Translation
    Show

The Window will be open in thirty minutes

Show

Using Feysighted to cast Detect Magic on the room as many times as I need to cover the entire thing.
    Perception Check to make sure there isnt anything hidden (1d20+19)[39]
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2020-08-13 at 04:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Stepping aside, the 2 watch the oncoming horses, more or less stealthily (as just about everyone watches the horses looking like NOT watching them would be more obvious) slow down, and the Soldiers on the Bridge readying their Spears, while one steps in front of the others (and aims to be between the Horses and the poeple aiming to cross).

Meriditch recognizes the Dukes older Brother being the leftmost rider, due to his known magical Talent he was barred from becoming Duke himself, but if the rumors are correct he is an Alumni of Inghards Mage Academy, the Inghard Institute or Spire, and not to be trifled with. He is waring expensive looking Cloth Armor, a weapon Belt with a sword and a dagger, and holding a magical looking short spear.
    The banner bearer and the other Rider are equipped with standard Chain mail, Shields on their saddles, and swords and short spears in the Saddle holders, but so far are not readying THEIR weapons.

The SOldier starts to speak"Halt, you are no...:" just to be interrupted by the Dukes brother.

"Silence, cretin. and listen. Travel over this bridge is from now on under our Dukedoms control. Every traveller will leave their personal data and pay 1/2 tithe of their money or 10 gold, whichever is less, to cross and be allowed to do their business in this area, or will have to leave. If you resist....well..." his hand plays with the spear, and magical Energy crisscrosses over its length, looking like a Lightning Bolt ready to be thrown.

He seems to be expecting total obedience....

Show

OK, Just ignore any references to the Oracle, shes not here.

Also, the above is assuming you do something to interact before being "taxed", if you dont want to do anything and silently pay, to keep low profile, open the second spoiler. :)

Spoiler: Duking it out
    Show

The Soldiers have no obvious way of preventing the Mage commanding them to leave and so they obey, but one of them leaves his shield and spear and starts running for the Town, qwhile the others will accompany any travellers, to at elast finish their job regarding them.

The Dukes Brother, who has a rather unremarkable face with a reeeding hairline and a middle lenght goatie in dirty blonde, focusses both with intense seagreen eyes, demands 10 gold, and then lets them go on.

OOC: Sense Motive resuts: Scarlet is almost sure the guy knows they are more than they appear, but is unsure in what way.

Kelheros and Ptolemy play their by now old and well trained game of "Not interacting with each other" and plan out their meeting.
    WHile the Maid and her Boss seem "not interested" for now.

Ptolemy therewhile has time to check the room, and finds a slightly dusty but very well built bed, a small talbe with an (empty) wash Basin, a small chest, and 2 windows. And the room is indeed small, no more than 4 square meters in total, but given the town is mostly lower buolt houses leaves a good view of the surroundings. And nothing magical at all.

So he could spot Kelhedros arriving...if his friend wasnt invisible....
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2020-08-13 at 11:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meredith

Under guise at being alarmed by all the threatening and show of force being shown, Meredith clutches at Norah in order to be able to whisper with her with an assurance of privacy.

"The blowhard is the Duke's brother, an actual trained wizard whose power may actually be as big as his mouth. Now, ten gold is a lot to cross a river, and we might not draw too much attention if we join a group backing away from this. We can find our own way across the river elsewhere as needed. But we might learn something by playing along, and I've got the coins to get us across if need be. What would you like to do?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

She eyes the duke hearing the new tithes and immediately thinks about how to cross the river and what it entails.

" If we backtrack we will need to communicate. I don't suppose you have a sending spell?" She quietly asks. "To explain our delay and maybe ask not to meet in town." If not she could send an animal messenger. This was not a good turn of events.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-08-14 at 01:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Meredith murmurs back to Norah as they make their way forward to pay the usurious toll.

"I believe you're over-thinking this. The town only about a mile or so away. Once we're past the bridge, we should just stay on the road and walk in. That way, we also are there to see any response that emerges from Hengstridge to this provocation. I can't send - at least not in the way you're suggesting - but by the time that spell was finished, we'd be at Hengstridge anyway."

She squeezed Norah's hand and strode forward.

"C'mon. It'll be fun."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Kelhedros turned visible and landed softly in the upstairs room after his dramatic entrance, and silently slipped into a seat well away from either window or door.

"We've got to stop meeting like this," he said in a near-whisper that didn't hide the deadpan humor in the cliched line. "And asking the innkeeper outright to send the barmaid up for the evening? You dog, you." His joking tone still came through in his mock chiding, but switched to dead seriousness in a barely-perceptible moment. "What have you got for us?"

Spoiler
    Show

Switch to Blend With The Night stance for maximum sneakiness while we meet:
    Stealth: (1d20+44)[53]

Keeping an ear out for visitors:
    Perception: (1d20+23)[26]

23. - Top - End - #23

BarbarianGuy

Ptomely's eyes flash as Kelhedros suddenly appears in the room. It's always astounding watching someone appear from no where, but the two of them have done this a number of times already. He smirks softly behind his scarf before responding. "You're one to talk. I saw that couple checking you out. I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could bed them both at once." Ptomely chuckles a little bit before his face gets serious.

The half elf approaches the full elf until they're right next to each other. Wanting to be completely safe, he switches his tongue to Aklo, the language they choose for stealth. "Něco velkého. Něco, co by Impériu nejen udělalo ránu, ale mohlo by nám také dát šanci na boj proti nim." Ptomely perks his ears, taking a second to make sure no one else is listening, then leans in, cupping the elf's ear so he can hear this clearly. "Vím, kde jsou ..... Čarodějovští potomci"

Spoiler: Aklo Translations
    Show

Something Big. Something that not only would deal a blow against the Empire, but could also give us a fighting chance against them

I know where they are.......the Sorcerer Descendants

Show

Perception roll to also listen for anyone approaching. (1d20+19)[21]

Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2020-09-02 at 10:37 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Before Norah can clarify that she was planing to backtrack she is pulled forward by Meredith. The pair pays 10 gold each, and quietly walks past him. They quickly make their way to town and en route. She tells Meredith. "He didn't look at my like I was a commoner. I think I roused his suspicion. We will need to be extra careful now. " She laughs to herself. "Between the four of us, I feel we can handle anything. So the question becomes what is so dangerous as to need four master hunters such as ourselves?"

She looks at Helios in the distance. "Tell me do you know both Ptomely and Kelhedros? I see Ptomely's falcon up ahead. I imagine my own falcon, Dusk, will be happy to see his friend. While listening to her response. She guides the pair to the correct inn, the one Helios circles the most. "I figure we get a room, and simply walk to their room."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

As Norah and Meridith calmly walk towards the Town, they see some soldiers already assembling and shortly thereafter leaving the Town in the Direction of the problem, thereby passing the 2 of them and 4 more who have payed the Way, rather closely.

Both can easily say that the Soldiuers, while well equipped and disciplined, ar just that, lowly Soldiers. They wont be able to stop the Dukes brother, so likely the town either only wants to save some face, showing that they do something at least, or simply dont have better reinforcements at hand.

2 of the other 4, going by their clothing rather wealöthy traders, move towards a large and gaudy looking house almost as soon as they reach the town, the other 2, and their cart carrying Milk, continue on towards the central area of the town, almost direwctly towards where a certain Falcon is circling.

Spoiler: The Talk in the Inn
    Show

Neither of you hears or spots anything amiss.

So you can enjoy discussing Bombshells.

Last edited by GrayDeath; 2020-08-14 at 04:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

edit:

"Seems to be an expensive milk delivery, a half tithe between the two of them. Possibly another tithe on the way back."
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-08-15 at 11:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"Neuvěřitelný. Pokud je to pravda." Kelhedros whispered. "Jak jste si jistá? A co víte o jejich dispozici?"

Spoiler: Translation
    Show

Incredible. If it's true. How certain are you? And what do you know of their disposition?

28. - Top - End - #28

BarbarianGuy

"Kdybych si nebyl jistý, nic bych neřekl, dokud jsem nebyl." Ptomely's eyes stare straight at Kelhedros. "Jejich dispozice? Vděčný, jakmile je zachráníme před krevními experimenty, Říše na nich vede. I have a Mapmaker friend in town who is looking for a party to help guard while he makes a map of the nearby wilderness. I will be offering our services, unless you have a reason not to?"

Show

If I was not certain, I would not have said anything until I was.

Their disposition? Grateful, once we rescue them from the blood experiments the Empire is conducting on them.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"Experimenty. Strašidelné, ale pak bych jim nic nedal. A předpokládám, že jsou zamčeni pevněji než jakýkoli trezor v Říši, což mě zajímá, proč jsou tady."

Spoiler
    Show

"Experiments. Abhorrent, but then I wouldn't put anything past them. And I assume they're locked up tighter than any vault in the Empire, which makes me wonder why they're out here."

"Who's this friend of yours? Does he know about our thing?

30. - Top - End - #30

BarbarianGuy

"Yes and no. He doesn't mind helping occasionally and he does good work. Nakonec však nebude proti Říši. Nezradí nás, pokud nebude ohrožen, takže čím méně toho ví, tím lépe. His name is Mark Loram."

Show

But he ultimately won't oppose the Empire. He won't betray us unless threatened, so the less he knows, the better.
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2020-08-16 at 05:42 AM.