New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Which Weapon for a House Kundarak Abjuration Wizard?

Hello all, I am about to start a game in which I am playing a single class Kundarak Dwarf: Abjuration Wizard, who acts as an investigator/bounty hunter for bank robbers, and I know I plan on carrying around a proper melee weapon and due to dwarven weapon training this seems possible, but I am kind of stuck between which weapon to carry?

Stats are irrelevant as the DM had us roll stats that are pretty godly...

Skills: Investigation, History, Arcana, Intimidation
    Battle Axes: Traditional, dwarven image is an axe wielder.
    Warhammers: Lighter and still rather traditional.

I would like someway to have the axe act as an arcane focus but I can't figure out anyway to get that working, under current rules.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Which Weapon for a House Kundarak Abjuration Wizard?

A hammer would work I think.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

You're a dwarf, so whichever shows your status best, i.e. whichever is the shiniest.

I would go for a handaxe, actually. You can use a pair for TWF, and it's less conspicuous than full-sized battleaxe or warhammer, so you'll draw less unwanted attention. They can also be thrown, which is always a plus.

Ruby of the Warmage from XGtE is a common magic item that can be attached to a weapon to make it work as a spellcasting focus. And it's a gem, so we're back to shiny bling.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.

4. - Top - End - #4

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
    You're a dwarf, so whichever shows your status best, i.e. whichever is the shiniest.

I would go for a handaxe, actually. You can use a pair for TWF, and it's less conspicuous than full-sized battleaxe or warhammer, so you'll draw less unwanted attention. They can also be thrown, which is always a plus.

Ruby of the Warmage from XGtE is a common magic item that can be attached to a weapon to make it work as a spellcasting focus. And it's a gem, so we're back to shiny bling.
    Thanks that is perfect :)

5. - Top - End - #5

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Citadel97501 View Post
    Hello all, I am about to start a game in which I am playing a single class Kundarak Dwarf: Abjuration Wizard, who acts as an investigator/bounty hunter for bank robbers, and I know I plan on carrying around a proper melee weapon and due to dwarven weapon training this seems possible, but I am kind of stuck between which weapon to carry?

Stats are irrelevant as the DM had us roll stats that are pretty godly...

Skills: Investigation, History, Arcana, Intimidation
    Battle Axes: Traditional, dwarven image is an axe wielder.
    Warhammers: Lighter and still rather traditional.

I would like someway to have the axe act as an arcane focus but I can't figure out anyway to get that working, under current rules.
    For style I think warhammer is so cool but my dragnmarked dwarf abjurer for sure ended up using his dagger sadly but if you have the stats, go for the hammer!