New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Lovecraft Country

I was pretty much done with the series halfway through but I watched 2 more with 2 episodes left to the end and had pretty much decided not to bother. Thank you guys for posting the finale spoilers so I know I made the right decision. I can waste 2 hours watching something else

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

If you are looking for something else in the violent/sort of horrifying but unusual vein, Banshee is quite good. I only discovered it recently, but apparently there's four seasons.

It's uh, a cop show. And also a crime show. And also about the Amish, I guess. Fair warning, it is not anything that can be described as family friendly, much like Lovecraft Country.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Well, after looking at the spoilers for the finale I'm deeply thankful I didn't watch a minute more than the first episode, to say nothing of spending money on it.

In better news, Tyndmyr, thanks for the tip about Banshee. I came across that a while ago and didn't have any idea what it was, but I'll give it a look.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, I enjoy the first season of Lovecraft Country. It was very interesting.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Well, after looking at the spoilers for the finale I'm deeply thankful I didn't watch a minute more than the first episode, to say nothing of spending money on it.

In better news, Tyndmyr, thanks for the tip about Banshee. I came across that a while ago and didn't have any idea what it was, but I'll give it a look.
    Don't get me wrong, the premise itself was phenomenal and I'm happy to have watched the whole thing. They didn't quite stick the landing in my view due to rushing it, but it wasn't Game of Thrones bad. (Low bar, I know, but still.)

Christine was a great and deep antagonist too... until she wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

As someone who read the book, but hasn't gotten to watching past the second episode anyone care to sum up what's so controversial about it?

EDIT
    Nevermind, I see it on the first page now.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-10-23 at 01:19 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.