New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 70: Surprisingly Pleasant

[Black Dragon's Den, Basement]

To be honest, June isn't terribly impressed with her own outfit, either.

Wait, that's ~!

June glances over at Wanessa. Why did she have to say that? That's the opposite of...
    But.
    She thinks about it. Did June completely misinterpret what the goblin said? She was too distracted and was paying attention to other things at the time.
    "...Yeah. I do have a room. Just started working here," she admits, figuring that yeah she must have misunderstood what was going on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

[Black Dragon's Den, Basement => Black Dragon's Den, Basement]

"'Kaaaay," the goblin sighs and takes of his sunglasses. "Fine. Who hired you and forgot to give you a password? I'll try and-"

Footsteps behind the door. Then it opens. A human with a hairnet and a soaked apron peeks his head out and beckons the bouncer over for a whisper session. Naturally, The Seer can hear them just fine.

"Hey, so, the Larza party has an open call today. They said to let in anyone interested."
    "'Kay, how do I know they're here for the party?"
    "Um... nothing?"
    "Nothing. So, we just let in anyone. That is seriously what we're doing now."
    "...yeah."

The goblin bouncer rolls his eyes and opens the door. "'Kay. Welcome aboard, ma'ams. I guess."

[To be continued in the Black Dragon's Den thread]

--

[Plaza Park]

"Good idea."

Beth takes the key from inside the box, sets the altar back down where it came from and pulls out her phone as an alternate light source in case Hector's glowing red eyes don't cut it.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-08-19 at 09:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

[SciTech Labs]

Well.

That's certainly one way to deal with a villain, isn't it?

Not really a nice way to deal with a villain, anyway.

Like a puppet with its strings cut, MagniGauntlet slumps to the floor, curled up in a little ball. He's making an awful keening wail and the acrid scent of urin fills the room.

Great.

Just fantastic.

Someone is going to have to deal with that guy now, won't they? Hopefully Intersection has... like... magical brain-doctors on call or something.

"We give up!" one of the henchmen has the presence of mind to yell. "Just... don't eat our brains or whatever the hell you did to the boss!"

So... uh... victory? Probably?

[Plaza Park]

The basement was kind of spooky to begin with.

Hector's ghastly, hellish light really doesn't do it any favors.

It looks like a torture room down here. Tables with manacles. Iron maidens. Cages hanging from the ceiling, one of which contains a skeleton. Racks of tools for inflicting pain. A shelf stocked with large jars full of fluid and unidentifiable bits. Really not the sort of place one would expect to find under a church. But then again, no one ever expects the inquisition. Their chief weapon is surprise, or so I've heard.

With the red glow making everything WAY more sinister looking than needed, this place is heckin' spooky.

So let's see... Our heroes could check inside the iron maiden. Maybe there's something stashed away in there? Or they could search that tattered skeleton for clues. Poke at some creepy looking jars? Or maybe investigate the great big oak desk near the far wall?

Plenty of options!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Default Cormorant House

The armor stand is rendered into splinters. But nothing else stirs. The light is out, but now that Billie knows what to look for, she can make out the oil lamp and the table up on the landing. There is no sound. The haunted house does not act. But the malevolent presence is still there, still watching.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

[Aimless Shenanigans]

"Finally!" Zabb cheers! "Good job, Lapis!" He continues, dispelling the spike in gravity, and hugging her. Hugs are awesome, what better way to celebrate making the Nexus safer?

Zabb looks around to take in the state of the bank, and see what needs fixing. "We should do something about the state of the bank, it's all scattered! If we help, we'll reduce the amount of stuff the mortals have to, when they come back." He suggests.

[Hodgepodge Street - Rainy Gardens]

"Yes, it is. Such a peaceful scenery." Rosie takes a deep breath, inhaling that Inside air, flavoured by the scents of the surrounding vegetation.

She notices the glance at her clothing, and explains herself. "Supercop division." That is, superpowered beings that choose to join the force. "The Red Zone's the reason I joined up. I stumbled into the area as a kid and almost got kidnapped, but my power awakened and I knocked them out. After I got home, told my parents and learnt about the power from my Dad, I decided I'd train to be strong, with the aim of becoming a cop someday... so when I'm off-duty, I take it uponn myself to investigate the area to see if anyone needs rescuing, or arresting." She inhales that Inside air once more. "I grew up here, Billie. I might not be from the Nexus, but Inside's home to me... and I'll protect it with my life. By the book, of course." She says with a determined aura.

She nods when Billie confirms the recorder to be case-related. Just as expected of a veteran detective. That's not to say she doesn't use such a thing as well, it's basically standard procedure. "Isn't that the truth..."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Plaza Park]

The Hectors aren't particularly excited about touching big metal objects, though they do take a nice wood-handled knife from the tool rack. A rather ordinary looking stiletto compared to the more blatant torture tools alongside it. That should be better at fighting monsters than an umbrella.
    After that though, they decide to search the desk. There's probably something in there, right?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

[Plaza Park]

Beth scans the room for possible keyholes. "We have this skeleton key. Maybe it... unlocks the skeleton?"

No. That would be too stupid.

She needs to try anyway.

Beth climbs on top of the rack to reach the hanging cage that is still holding an occupant. While she looks for the door to unlock it, she starts thinking that there must be an easier way to do this. She squints up at the ceiling where the cage is suspended from a chain. "Hey, can you see how these cages are held up? There must be some flies somewhere to let them down."

8. - Top - End - #98

[BDD]

is now in the BDD thread

[Streets - near a net cafe]

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    [Streets]

"I agree with that, Marin-chan. For instance, a former criminal who has genuinely turned over a new leaf should be treated as such..." This Harley person she overheard is a former leader of AMEN, for instance. They've never met, but if she knew for sure that she'd changed her evil ways, Svetlana would leave her alone. Perhaps, they could even be friends.

Besides, an old man (unbeknownst to her, Shuyoru) who claimed to know her swore that she had changed, and he was persuasive...

A once violent criminal genuinely turning over a new leaf, though? That's rare, and such people should be watched closely to ensure they don't relapse. "... and a once saintly person who has turned into a violent criminal should be punished as such." Punished with decapitation, or disemboweling... anything that cleanses them from the land of the living, really, before they ruin other's dreams.

"I have to say, I like you, Marin-chan." She smiles and nods. "We should be friends. I shall ask some questions, and then respond to the question as if you had asked me in return, alright? First, what are your hobbies?" She asks, trying to find more common ground.
    That's how conversations frequently work, she thinks. "I don't really have any hobbies," Marin says. She's been asked this question recently, and she decided it's a bad question. "Just reading manuals."

"I did go to a spa recently," she says, "but that's not a hobby." That's a one-time event.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Detective Bansford simply nods in response, thoughtlessly brushing her thumb up against the side of the bench. She was a particularly tactile individual, and physical stimuli often brought her comfort. Then she brings up her division. Her objections start with the glamorization of its name, but they certainly don't end there. "Right, I've heard about that. Was a controversial decision, forming the division."

Rather than vocalize her disapproval, she changes the subject. "I'm sorry you went through that, it sounds awful."
    There's a pause, followed by a thoughtful glance.

"Your dad, he was... special?"

[SciTech Labs]

Distracted as she is with the momentous task of reigning in her darker half, Asterope starts to descend. Fortunately for her, the shouting of the guards is enough to snap her out of her stupor. Her bright blue eyes flash open as her third begins to writhe about uncontrollably, rolling to the back of her head. "Please, t-that's enough!" Her head is aching, it feels as if she's about to split open.

She screams out in pain, forcing herself into taking control. As the third eye shuts, the rift before Magnigauntlet shuts.

--

Asterope falls to her knees soon after, reaching up to clutch at her head.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-19 at 05:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[Slums - Patton Publications]

Good, he's telling him some dark. Not very coherent as dark goes, but it's better than nothing.

"Do you know where she went? Or her name?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Default Aimless Shenanigans

"Aww, do we have to?" Eao wants to get on with more killing things. Not with cleaning up messes. Even messes she is partly responsible for. She also wants to get that tutorial out of the way so she can get even stronger!

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Sunlight Gardens

"Ah, no worries. I look forward to being at your wedding. You picked any maids of honour yet?" Which reminds Earl, he needs Prumathe to think of a best man. Oh, dear.

Prumathe's on his way back, too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sunlight Gardens

Sekhmet hasn't even thought about who should be her bridesmaids. "I, uh, think I know who I'll ask to be my, uh, matron of honor. And, uh, a few bridesmaids." Most of Sekhmet's friends are significantly older than her. And married. It's a little awkward. She's glad to hear that Samantha thinks her marriage to Prumathe is a foregone conclusion, even if not consciously. Oh! She'll need a flower girl too! Does she know any young children? Sekhmet's suddenly trying to think.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #104

[Cormorant House]

And lo the house has returned to being base-line spooky.

Mags seriously doesn't care you can't throw a rock back home without hitting a malevolent lurking presence of some kind. Until this house spirit of spontaneous combustion starts really trying to murder her Mags really isn't terribly concerned about it. Usually when that happens it means there's something to blast and Mags is pretty accustomed to solving her problems with eldritch violence.

And when violence doesn't work?

Riffle around until you find something cool and then run away.

"Yeah, I mean, probably? I told you it probably had cultists going on," Mags says, her tone exasperated. "What the thing that caught fire? Yeah it looks like one of those old fashioned lamp things."

The kind they hang in mines where they can cause coal dust to explode!

Very safe.

"I'll go see what's up with it," she says as she starts off toward the stairs. "Wonder what sorta haunting it is. Better not be a (blooming) chthonic spirit I'm sick as (bloom) of those jerks after yesterday."

[Aimless Shenanigans]

Oh no, hugs!

"What, why?" Lapis asks, wrinkling her nose. "Fixing stuff is their job. If we do it then they don't get to do their job some people hate that."

Like this one time at VIGIL when Lapis tried to fix a toilet and it exploded water all over the floor and the guy who normally fixes toilets was super mad!

[Plaza Park]

The chains feed up through pullies in the ceiling and hook to the wall nearby. One could unhook the link to lower them, but they are no doubt quite heavy and that is not a problem at all for someone who can rip whole desks out of the ground. Certainly a possibility! And who knows, maybe the skeleton key will open the cage?

As for the desk...

It is, in fact, neat and tidy with everything stowed away in locked drawers. And not at all covered in dust. In fact, it looks like it gets used regularly. Which is odd. This place sure APPEARS to be abandoned. But maybe it's just supposed to look like it is? Hector will either need to find a key or figure out how to pick a lock to get the desk drawers open. Or he might be able to just force it.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Plaza Park

"Once you try that, try that key over here." Hector suggests to Beth. In the meantime, he'll see if him and his other's combined strength can force these drawers out. He doesn't want to just smash the desk to kindling though, so he's only pulling the handle for now.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

[Plaza Park Dungeon]

Looking up with the light of her phone and seeing that the cage is suspended too high to reasonably jump up and reach, Beth heads over to the desk and hands Human Hector the skelekey so he can check its compatibility. She then moves on to the chain flies, picks out the one for the skellied cage and lowers it down as carefully as circumstances allow. Considering how long it has likely been up there, this probably entails a good deal of squeaking, assuming the rusty hook and pulley don't break off entirely.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

[Aimless Shenanigans]

"Only if we do a bad job, Lapis! If we do a good job then they'll be thankful that we made their lives easier... Like if a fight happened in your toy shed and then someone helped you put everything back the way it was, won't you be happy?" Zabb explains, grinning. "Let's do what we can, we'll leave the rest to the mortals!"

Is that disapproval she hears? Understandable that an old school veteran such as Detective Bansford would feel such a way. The existence of the Super Special Detectives Unit, coloquially called the 'supercop unit', certainly was controversial, especially among the older staff.

Though her eyes narrow a little bit, she ignores it for the time being, letting Billie change the subject. Smiling, she responds. "Thank you, yes it was... but it made me the woman I am today, and for that I am thankful."

She's about to say something about the controversy surrounding her unit when the veteran detective asks her question. Catching her meaning, she shakes her head. "Not my dad. He's strong in his own right, but my abilities come from the universe my dad's from... which Nexusians in the know call the One Piece world... it appears my world exists as a comic book in other worlds." She rubs her temples as she says that last part, not easy to get completely used to that fact. "It's a rare power, separate from my ability to shrink down from my full height of 20 feet, that I was born with. I'm the first in several generations to wield this power."

Since she's talking about herself, though, she asks a question of her own, obviously wanting to know more about her hero. "May I ask what inspired you to join the force?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-08-20 at 10:12 AM.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Default Aimless Shenanigans

Eao looks annoyed. "We have other things to do! Lapis and I need to do that tutorial, and we need to find the robot ship and all the other stuff! We can't waste time helping here! Let them take care of it. It's what they're for."

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Although wariness might seep through in her calm voice, Billie plays her cards close to her chest. Her exact opinion on the formation of the unit would be difficult to determine. She seems eager to move on, choosing to focus on the other woman's story. It was one she knew well, a tale shared by many. "There's a saying; as with the butterfly, adversity introduces one to one's self." A small, sad smile forms upon her face. "The author was one of my kind." To think of all that had been lost often saddened her. The cold rain did little to improve her mood. Her separation from her own culture was something she often thought about.

"My people were poets, once." There's a small exhalation there. Best move on to a more casual topic of conversation. She simply blinks as 'comic books' are mentioned.
    In her opinion, some things ought remain unsaid, especially regarding the strangeness of life in the city.

A direct question. She gazes off thoughtfully for a moment before responding. "Join the force? Mm, it's hard to say. I feel I've always belonged right where I'm at."
    "This is where I'm meant to be, what I'm meant to do. Helping people."

"There's never been room for doubt."
    She nods contentedly. "This is who I am."

[Cormorant House]

It takes a moment or so for Detective Bansford to assert control over the situation once again. To master one's environment, one must first master one's self. She settles her nerves down by reaching for a flask worn at her hip, taking a shot of the alcohol within. It felt like fire, liquid fire. "Nrgh. Damn it all." It was enough to calm her down.

Now, she was simply irritated. She would break this house with her force of will alone, if she had to. "Alright, we need to stick together."

--

With a determined expression upon her face, Billie kneels down. She's taking a few photographs of the destroyed rack, as well as of the lobby in general.
    She'll perform a routine scan of the finished products before clambering up the staircase, flashlight and revolver in hand.

Once beside the table, she'll search it thoroughly. Anything stuck to the bottom?

"Hrm." Stay observant. That's the key.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-20 at 01:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Default Cormorant House

The table is very dusty. Nobody's used it in a long time...
    Except for the clear handprint on its surface. Somebody definitely touched it there. Otherwise, it's pretty ordinary. The only things underneath are rat droppings, a dead cockroach, and a small hole in the wall.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Wariness she hears, then. While Billie's exact opinion is difficult to discern, Rosie still tries. She'd be pleasantly surprised if an old timer like Detective Bansford saw no problem with it, but she's not sure enough to bring it up further. She notices Billie's eagerness to change the subject, but is too focused on the conversation to pay it much notice. Perhaps after they've parted ways and she's mentally relived the situation...

Detective Thorne smiles and nods at that little poetic line, mentally filing it away for later use. "That's a beautiful turn of phrase." She comments. The next two statements she hears explains the sad smile on Billie's face a fair bit. Did something happen to her people? Perhaps she, like many in the Nexus, got separated from them somehow? Maybe she returned, but things were too different?

She starts to say something, but something about Billie's exhalation stops her. Sympathy is evident in her facial expression, but she lets her face do all the talking.

At Billie's response, she smiles widely, her pearly white teeth on display. "You and me both, ma'am. It can be a thankless job at times, but this is my place." She takes the opportunity to share some of her concerns. "I just wish more people would join the force, especially those with special talents, rather than taking up vigilantism. I believe in doing things by the book, and yet there are some who think it's their duty to be judge, jury and executioner." She purses her lips at that. If there's one thing she can't stand, it's vigilantes who kill.

At least, one of the functions of her unit is to mitigate that, as well as working with trusted superheroes who choose to act outside the force.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

With a slight nod of her head, Billie agrees with the other woman's sentiment. "It is. When I was younger, I wrote." She gazes thoughtfully towards the pond, watching the surface ripple as drops of cold rain crash down atop it. In that instant, she was a thousand miles away. "I wasn't very good." There's a little laugh there. She wasn't particularly sore about it. Why would she be? It was a lifetime ago, after all. "I always had an eye for good work, though." She used to spend hours in her father's study, poring over his writings, basking in the shadow of a literary giant; the last of the great orcish poets.

She missed him dearly, every day - such is life. When the topic of vigilantism is broached, Ms. Bansford blinks once or twice. She had lost herself for a moment there. Her brow furrows as she leans back into the bench, brushing her thumb across its arm. It comforted her, the feel of the warm, rough wood against her. "Sometimes it can feel as if you've no other option. The world is large, and its wheels turn slowly." It was a concept she understood, frustration with a system so large it could not help but crush the individual beneath it. It is not the right choice, but in a world of wrong choices?

There's a frown. "There's a reason I stick to missing persons cases, generally."

[Slums - Patton Publications]

He's losing his ability to form coherent words swiftly. There was not much time left. "Where she.... went? Ha, where didn't... she went..."
    "Dunno... dunno where she..."

23. - Top - End - #113

[Grey Zone - Museum Street Backalley]

John and Jane, two officers, have been called to a strange case. Just a few minutes ago some passeants heared a cry in the backalley. It sounded like someone got attacked. Thats not what makes it strange, but the time is the problem, it's 8am. The officers just had their first cup of coffee befor the call came and both are filled with energy.

Jane takes her walkie-talkie "Officer John and Jane here. We now enter the alley. Radio on standby!" she reports and gets an "Affirmativ!" John in that time has already taken the lead and steped in. One hand rests on the side of his hip, ready to draw his gun if needed.

They take a few steps in without anything happen. A sudden noise makes both officer stop. It sounds like some glassballs drop on the ground jumping. Both officer draw their weapons. Even thought it is daytime, the ally appears shrouded in shadows. From what the officer know the ally turns to the right befor it turns back left. the other end is closed by a brick wall. So whatever is here won't go away unseen.

John reached the corner first, pushing his back at the wall. He gives jane some signs to stay a bit back and cover him. Then he counts down with hsi fingers. Jane follows his instruction leaning against some boxes who happen to be there. As he reaches Zero John jumps out of his hidespot facing the alley where the noise came from. he tries to hold his weapon up, but midair he seems to stop. Jane can see that John's hands are caught up in a strange web. Either way he shouts "HOLD!" but his face turns white. Jane is confused and stands there for a moment. With an unpleasant noise, the strings around Jhons hands draw closer and in a blink the strings cut through clothes, flesh and bones. The hands drop sloly to the ground still holding the gun and a single shot is fired as it hits the ground. Both officer seem to suddendly awake at that noise. John turns back to Jane trying to make a run, but Jane can see another string around the mens neck. "RUN!!" he shouts. Jane knows when things are seriouse and turns away from her partner. She runs without looking back, but heares the same noise as befor. She runs for the police car.
    "Officer DOWN!" she shouts in the radio. "Officer DOWN, need backup."
    Whoever the attacker is doesn't follow. When backup arrives they will see the following scene in the alley. The corpse of the officer lays where he last standed, head and hands lay right next to him. Around the corner is another gross display. anotehr body has been cut into many pieces and distributed around the alley. Only a backpack isn't damaged, but someone has already emptied it.

Officers or Detectives can arrive with the backup or a bit later after the scene is secured and the forensic team starts working. Officer Jane is traumatized sitting in her car not leaving it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Rosie listens quietly as Billie reminisces about her past, finding herself smiling softly and wanting to hear more. An eye for good work must have definitely carried over to her detective skills. "I'd have loved to read one of your stories, regardless." She finds herself saying. Turning to look at the scenery, she continues. "Before the turning point, I wanted to become a weaponsmith like my father. I wanted to be many things, really, but upon finding my purpose, I decided I would do everything possible to help people. I like to stick to the book, but I admit I have some 'cowboy cop' tendencies." She chuckles, looking ashamed... but only a little.

On the topic of vigilantism, however, the tall woman sighs heavily at Billie's response. "I suppose I can understand a little, when you put it that way... but you got to admit, such people only make our jobs more complicated than it needs to be. Just because someone is a criminal doesn't make them a bad person. They need to be brought to justice, yes, but they aren't irredeemable by default." She exhales once more. So many villains out there, and not all of them are evil for the fun of it.

"Got any good stories?" She suddenly asks, in response to Billie's last statement
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post

Someone joins her, the rotund figure folding his umbrella once he's safely under the overhang. It's an orc-sized green-skinned man with long white hair, three pairs of hands, webbed digits and a hint of some neck-gills peaking out of his collar. The blue-eyed sea orc is dressed in a light blue dress shirt, dark blue trousers and brown shoes under a lab coat.

The six-armed man grasps his umbrella in one of his hand as he realizes that he's not alone. "Ah, an orc." He says in a deep voice, his grin revealing his razor sharp teeth. "Sup?" He greets, saluting with two fingers. When she turns to look at him, the detective might notice that his sclera is reddish and his eyes are heavy lidded in a manner that suggests he's intoxicated on some substance. "Listening to some awesome tunes, I see?"

[Aimless Shenanigans]

A powerful entity, how exciting! He can go all out... well, within reason, anyway! He rematerializes his flaming sword once Lapis reaches him, then turns to her and nods. "Let's get 'em!"

He yells to Eao as he starts dicing any skeleton mob that approaches him. "That's a decoy, Eao, come help us beat the real Skeletron!"

Just so Skeletron doesn't get too comfortable, Zabb exhales white-hot fire in the axe-wielding skeleton's direction! Even if it misses, it means more skeleton mobs go down, win-win.

[Red Zone Lab]

The weapons case has no traps left, whoever was inspecting it before going on a break succeeded in deactivating all the traps.

In it is a pair of Immovable Rods! The henchmen would have had a trump card had they opened this case and learnt to use it... alas, now it's for Fel and Rosie to decide what to do with.
    Felandria brings the case out to Rosie.

Looks like we have more immovable rods!

These things are the best.

What ya wanna do?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Ms. Bansford shrugs. "Yeah? Wasn't much. Short stories and poetry, mostly." She was flattered at the other woman's interest in her work, yet the topic stirred within her a sort of melancholy. "I still have them, somewhere." Ah, there it is; that slow, gnawing sadness buried deep within her gut. It had been her dream, once. "It's been years since I read anything of mine." For a brief moment her mind is brought back home - to a set of leatherbound journals choked in dust, rotting away within a locked cabinet. The work of an amateur, passionate but lacking in structure and form.

As the subject changes, Billie clears her throat. Onto a less painful topic. "You mentioned that your father was a weaponsmith." Her world had long since moved on past the need for martial weapons. "I assume you mean swords and the like?" Long ago, her ancestors forged blades and axes with which they conquered the world. Now, swords were merely antiques - items to be displayed in museums or collected by hobbyists. "My mother owned a cavalry saber. I inherited it once she passed." A gentle word for what had happened. It had been violent. "I've never taken it out of its case."

She glances back towards Rosie, her gray eyes appearing as if to pierce through her. "They do, yes." She nods curtly before peering on towards the pond, fixated once more upon its rippling surface. "Our work has never been simple." Ms. Bansford breathes in the cold air before explaining further. "We're in the business of life, after all - and life never is."

[Grey Zone - Museum Street Backalley]

By the time police detective Billie Bansford arrives, she's already been briefed via the radio. It started out fairly routine - a pair of patrol officers were investigating a suspicious circumstance. Less than five minutes later, an officer was dead. This was no straightforward death, either - this was something out of a horror movie.

After parking her vehicle and retrieving a pair of hot coffees, she'll make her way towards Officer Jane's patrol car. Unless prevented in any way, Billie will knock upon her window. She gestures with the second cup of coffee before offering a sympathetic expression. She had lost a partner before, she knew this pain.

Billie clears her voice before speaking calmly. "Can I sit with you? I brought coffee." She pauses before continuing. "And kahlúa.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-21 at 12:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

[Plaza Park]

And so with a rather disappointing snapping noise the handle on the desk breaks off.

That... uh... that probably wasn't what Hector was aiming for.

But good try?

The key works MUCH better! Inside the desk is a journal and various writing implements. Also a toilet bowl cleaner (why?) and a rather unfriendly looking iron dagger. It's clean and sharp, unlike the rather time-ravaged looking implement Hector had taken off the shelf.

As for the cage, lowering it to the ground proves to be pretty easy.

And pretty squeaky.

Though still success! Hazzah!

[Aimless Shenanigans]

"I think Eao is right," Lapis concludes after a few moments thought. "I'm no good at fixing things but I AM good at beating up bad guys and keeping the bushes at VIGIL trimmed. If someone broke my shed then I think one of the maintenance people would fix it? That's their job."

Some people really don't like it when others do their jobs.

And what if they didn't do it right?

Then they would have wasted time AND made people mad!

"We should start the tutorial and then go find the robot ship since they're REALLY bad."

[Cormorant House]

Mags is just standing there, arms crossed, looking vaguely annoyed in general.

"Ugh hate puzzle dungeons," she mutters to no one in particular. "Just give me something to kill you stupid house."

For emphasis, she kicks the wall.

Are there any doors up here? Any other rooms to poke around through? Any random barrels or dressers to destroy in hopes that they might be filled with sweet, sweet loot? Mages really doesn't have the patience for boring dungeons. But she's guessing boring puzzle dungeons are exactly the sort of thing the cop probably likes. She seems like the puzzle-liking sort.

On a whim, she takes a closer look at the oil lamp.

Did it burn up all the oil?

Is that why the fire went out?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Default Scitech Labs

Someone arrives to the scene, just as the so-called "Master MagniGauntlet" is being taken away.. She's a voluptuous woman in a suit of turquoise high-tech armor molded to her figure. She laughs as she takes in what's happened. "Looks like I showed up late to the party. What happened here?"

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scitech Labs]

At this point, Asterope has more or less regained her composure. She's spent the last twenty minutes sitting within an ambulance, legs hanging off one end. A paramedic is attending to her, and a blanket is wrapped around her shoulders. Her waits appears to have been fully bandaged, with a small area having started to blot with blood. She instantly stands out.

Her skin is purplish in color, composed of swirling starstuff made flesh. Her expression is one of shock.

--

A nearby intersection officer approaches Jade, frowning somewhat. "Attempted robbery, ma'am. Magnigauntlet, up to his old tricks."
    "We're lucky someone stopped him."

"You know her?"
    He gestures towards the woman in the ambulance.

Surely all supers knew eachother.

Spoiler: Asterope
    Show

[Cormorant House]

Detective Bansford takes careful note of the handprint, eyes narrowing in concentration as she guesses at when this may have occurred. Must have been very recent, there's no dust within the outline of the print. She'll perform a routine search, running her hands along its sides as she searches for a hidden seam - anything unusual in its construction. "Hrm, what's this?"

Provided there's nothing to find within the desk itself, she'll crouch down to observe the hole in the wall, shining a light inside.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-21 at 10:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Plaza Park]

Well, they don’t have use for pens or toilet brushes, but they can take the knife. As nasty as it is to hold onto. Hector just has to make sure he doesn’t let it touch his skin too much. He flips through the book, hoping to shed some light on why the place is full of Pokémon. Who may or may not also be faeries. And where to look next, since this seems to be a dead end.