New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Orphaned or on-hiatus webcomics you'd love to see continued

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I knew it was an orphaned webcomic, but even then, your description convinced me to give it a shot. I mean, how can I say no to "horror-apocolypse story"

And man, I'm so sorry this never got a proper conclusion. I mean, in my opinion, the first book was better than the second one, but that may have something to do with the fact that the second one never got a proper conclusion.

When was the last comic posted? How would one contact Abby? I would merely like to politely ask if there's *any* chance in the Nine Hells for her to give this another shot
    Well, I just looked again and there was an update three weeks ago, probably right after you looked. So I guess it's not orphaned, just really really slow...

Author Abby Howard has a patreon and is apparently working on a lot of other stuff.
    Some people think that Chaotic Neutral is the alignment of the insane, but the enlightened know that Chaotic Neutral is the only alignment without illusions of sanity.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Man, more than half of the webtoons I'm subscribed to are on hiatus right now (7/13 originals, 9/16 canvas; discounting the ones that are full on finished). Won't add them to the main page since I don't know how long that status'll last, but I'll list them here because I'm bored right now.

Castle Swimmer
    Soul on Hold
    Mage & Demon Queen
    I'm the Grim Reaper
    Not Even Bones
    Tower of God
    Lalin's Curse
    Drag Race -- officially cancelled
    Erma
    Therianthrope
    Carciphona -- I would have sworn this updated more recently, but apparently the last date was in November
    My Succubus Girlfriend
    Autofaction
    White Heron -- it's possible the author just never marked this one as finished
    Dumb_RWBY
    Chrysopoeia

And after all my delight that Ava's Demon was updating again... it hasn't updated since those two pages in a row, to my everlasting sorrow. Weirdly, the webtoon is still going strong, though, working its way towards being caught up with the main site. Perhaps that'll start updating again once the webtoon catches up...
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-03-01 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

The Last Halloween isn't dead, but Abby is now an in-demand artist and this is a passion project that doesn't make money. Also her art style (pen and ink cross hatching) is very time consuming. She's been posting big updates about once a month. I ping it every week to see if there's anything new.

Blindsprings Yeah, this one just stopping was annoying. I hope it comes back eventually.

The Abominable Charles Christopher Another artist who has become so popular that their excellent passion project has been put on indefinite hold while they earn actual money. It's hard to begrudge them their success but still, this one in particular is a hard pill to swallow.

Battlepug! If, like me you love Pugs and enjoy Conan, well, here's an actual professional comic artists wonderful take on mixing them together. He keeps promising a followup but we all know he's too busy and are just happy he made this.

Atland A fun fantasy adventure/sendup, it completed its arc but the artist teased a followup that never happened. It looks like the site is now down which is unfortunate.
    Last edited by Zazu Yen; 2021-03-05 at 04:50 PM.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hey, Erma's updating again!

Erma -- Spooky ghost girls with terrifying physiology and powers... have never been so adorable. At heart a wholesome comic about friendship and family, and quite funny to boot.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-04-08 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II