New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Orphaned or on-hiatus webcomics you'd love to see continued

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco
    I'm halfway tempted to do a whole new thread for orphaned webcomics. "Ow, My Sanity", "No Rest For the Wicked", "Antihero For Hire", "Charliehorse", "Afterlife Blues", and "Antiheroes" were all so promising.
    And you know what? Now I am going to create that thread. Here are the comics that ended tragically before their completion, or have simply been on hiatus for a scary amount of time, that I would love to see continued.

Emergency Exit straddles the line between orphaned and concluded. The original run of the comic was mostly wrapped up to make way for a reboot... which never really got off the ground. One of the first webcomics I ever read, and I love it to death. Follows a group of college students in an apartment with a fully functional dimensional portal. All of them have some serious secrets of the supernatural variety. Special shout-out to the main villain, Lord Kyran, who... well, I don't want to spoil it, but while at present he's a mostly harmless comedic villain who opposes the protagonists because he knows he's the villain and that's just what villains do, he was not always that way.

Ow My Sanity -- Summoning anything from the Cthullu mythos to grant your wishes is a bad idea all around. The main character David probably could have explained that to his dorm-mates if he hadn't walked in right at the end of the ritual. An absurdly powerful eldritch abomination granting the poorly thought out wishes of dozens of people simultaneously, without enough context in humans or their world to really understand them... yeah, they all died. Except for the chronically depressed, lonely, and neglected David, whose wish was simply for someone to care about him. And Alhazred (who David promptly nicknames "Nancy") had no context for understanding that. So now they're stuck with each other until she can understand humans well enough to figure it out.

No Rest for the Wicked -- A reimagining of classic fairy tells, some transformed rather drastically from their originals, but all at least as dark. The moon is missing. The main character, Princess November (who came this close to passing a secret test of character by a wandering beggar woman, and so received both a curse and a blessing) needs to find her in order to cure her chronic insomnia. To do so she's recruited the Cat from Puss In Boots, who's a master manipulator but something of a coward. And little Red riding hood, now all grown up and far more terrifying than the wolf she saved herself from so long ago, has decided to tag along and protect November.

Afterlife Blues -- by the same people that did A Miracle of Science. This one is also sci-fi, but while that one was the pulpy story of a detective and a sufficiently advanced science-wielding ambassador after a mad scientist bent on world conquest, Afterlife Blues was shaping up into more of a heist story. Follows petty criminal Brody Isett, who has been roped into a plot that is way out of his depth.

Charliehorse, or Krakow 4.0, is by the same author as Krakow, Krakow 2.0, Marilith, and Spinnerette (the comic for which Charliehorse was abandoned). Charlie is a succubus, tasked with fulfilling a Faustian pact with a high schooler who sold his soul for... a prom date. She finds herself torn between doing her job, sympathy for the boy who's fallen into the same trap she did years ago, and enormous frustration at what a stubborn ******* the kid is (there's a reason he hasn't managed to get a date the old-fashioned way yet). I probably wouldn't trade Spinnerette for this, but in a perfect world I would like to see it revived.

anti-HEROES - This stick-figure D&D webcomic wears its influence on its sleeve, with a noteworthy twist: instead of a typical player party hunting goblins and saving the world, it's a party for an evil campaign. Or at least a selfish, petty, and somewhat edgy campaign. Pretty funny, and I'd have liked to see where the story ended up going.

Ava's Demon - Ava is a girl who is haunted by a demon. Screwing with her perception of reality, taking control of her body to humiliate her and drive away her friends, and generally making her life miserable... at least until they come to an accord. Can't really say more than that without spoilers, because the plot of this one picks up fast and does some crazy stuff. In addition to being a good story and gorgeous art, it's got a really unique presentation. Rather than typical individual pages or Webtoons' infinite canvas, Ava's Demon reads more like a flip-book, or perhaps a screenplay, with lots of small pages designed to be viewed for just a few seconds before moving to the next. It's weird and cool and it's the only webcomic I've seen do this; it'd be worth checking out for that alone, but like I said, it's also got really good story and art. I really like this one, but it hasn't updated in months. I sure hope it returns.

EDIT: Ava's Demon has now updated two weeks in a row! To the rescued from the hiatus folder! Nope. While the Webtoon continues to update regularly, working it's way towards catching up with the main site, said main site has not updated since those two that so excited me months ago. I'm holding out hope that that'll change once the webtoon catches up, though!

Snow By Night - A colonial fantasy about two thieves who enter an uneasy alliance with a manitou by the name of Snow By Night (roll credits), who is after a heart so she can truly know what it's like to feel emotions.

Hellish - Not much to say about this one; the story of a witch who tried to summon a demon as a bodyguard and got an ordinary dude instead (or so he'd like her to believe), this one hooked me right out of the gate... and has been on hiatus since.

North Wind - [description pending]

Lilith's Word - Better description than I could come up with, courtesy of 137ben:
    Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    At the dawn of time, many gods emerged in the universe from pure energy. Each god spoke a single Word of Creation and then died. Now, only one god remains: Lilith. She travels the universe trying to determine what one thing the universe needs most, after which she will use her Word to create that one thing and then die.
    Knights Errant - [description pending]

Spoiler: Rescued from the orphaned/hiatus heap!
    Show
    Antihero for Hire follows the genre savvy paid (anti)hero Shadehawk, whose other powers include having an extremely competent hacker on his payroll and owning a really big pistol. I actually didn't know this one was back until just now when I was looking for a link to it.

My Succubus Girlfriend - Recently rebooted. Anastasia is a succubus out to drain her first soul, and she has her eyes set on the scary-looking but ultimately nice student Izumo. Unfortunately for her, he's not interested. Unfortunately for him, she's not going to give up that easily. Hijinks ensue.

Therianthrope - To quote the summary: "Amnesiac and runaway princess Aria Gayle struggles to hunt her father's killer while being hunted herself. Can her companions help unravel her past before it destroys her and the family she's come to love? A tale of magic, intrigue, love and revenge follows Aria and her friends, along with hybrid monsters known as Therianthropes."

Prequel Adventure - [description pending]

Erma -- Spooky ghost girls with terrifying physiology and powers... have never been so adorable. At heart a wholesome comic about friendship and family, and quite funny to boot.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I've got work tomorrow and need to get to sleep. Will edit in others as they occur to me, as other posters remind me of favorites I've missed, or as new comics falter/old ones recover. May also edit in more in-depth descriptions for some of these.

In the mean time, what webcomics would you love to see return, or what webcomics are you delighted already have returned?
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-04-08 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Orphaned or on-hiatus webcomics you'd love to see continued

I would love to see Keychain of Creation return. it was to Exalted what OOTS is to DnD.

but thats probably not happening.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Cup of Suffering is one of the first webcomics that I remember following, until it died. It was a lot black humour with gaming references thrown in, and honestly I'm surprised it's archives still exist given that the last update was in 2006. It's on Keenspace for God's sake; that might as well be Geocities....

Gone With The Blastwave never really had a schedule, as such - it was a side-project that grew so popular that I never really knew what the artist's main project was. Funny, in a depressing kind of way - apparently I had a thing of black comedy back in the Noughties.

Randy Milholland, the author of Something*Positive, has several mini-series like Super Stupor that have come and gone that I really enjoyed. They're not 'dead', as such, but he tends to only make them when he really feels like it and has the time, which isn't very often since his daughter was born and his main comic has to take precedence.

I was also a big fan of Sexy Losers, which I absolutely cannot link to on this forum due to the rules, but on reflection it's probably better off staying dead. Some of it was clever and it was occasionally progressive for the year 2000, but nowadays it doesn't hold up. A fresh, less problematic update that still keeps the outrageous humour could be possible, but it wouldn't be the same.

And as always, there's a TV Tropes page for Abandoned Webcomics if you feel that you need some inspiration.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-08-18 at 05:38 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Moon Rising was a steampunk magic setting that had a lot of potential. It went on hiatus back in 2017 after a kickstarter to make a tabletop RPG based on the setting took priority. It's technically still being worked on in the background, but it's definitely slow-moving.

Cucumber Quest was a huge disappointment that it was ending before the story finished. Basically a take on a Paper Mario-style quest with adorable bunny characters. Even more disappointing is the fact that the first few volumes are published and distributed in bookstores around the world, never to be concluded.

The Meek was one of the first webcomics I found. It's slow to update, and has had lengthy hiatuses in the past; the current one being the result of family tragedy, I believe. This one I feel has a good chance of returning, however long it takes.

Elf is a weird mashup of pulp action, fantasy, and general weirdness, but was kinda neat. The author got some kind of art job that I guess turned out well because they haven't returned to the comic yet.

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is a take on overly masculine video game and movie characters trying to adapt to normal life in modern society. I think the author just got burned out after doing it for eight years. Good news though, it didn't really leave any huge lingering storylines unfinished.

5. - Top - End - #5

I'd like to see 3 Minute Max resume. It went on hiatus when the artist's daughter got cancer, and now that she's healthy again it could pick up again. At least one page a month? Please?

edit: oh, and more Buck Godot. Especially if they go back to the early comics and make him look like a nose tackle instead of a blimp.
    Last edited by Rogar Demonblud; 2020-08-18 at 12:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Ow My Sanity -- Summoning anything from the Cthullu mythos to grant your wishes is a bad idea all around. The main character David probably could have explained that to his dorm-mates if he hadn't walked in right at the end of the ritual. An absurdly powerful eldritch abomination granting the poorly thought out wishes of dozens of people simultaneously, without enough context in humans or their world to really understand them... yeah, they all died. Except for the chronically depressed, lonely, and neglected David, whose wish was simply for someone to care about him. And Alhazred (who David promptly nicknames "Nancy") had no context for understanding that. So now they're stuck with each other until she can understand humans well enough to figure it out.
    Surprisingly (given my username), I wasn't hugely impressed with this one - the comic interested me enough that I read through what was there when I found it, but I never really went back to it.

There's only one webcomic I follow that's on hiatus, and that's Everyday Heroes. The continuing adventures of Mr. Mighty, a minor-league superhero in Indianapolis. Also appearing are his wife Jane (a retired villainess), daughter Summer (teenager unhappy about developing superpowers), and son Steve (normal boy, just starting to notice girls). Stories deal with both superhero adventures and domestic problems. Truth! Justice! Lawn care!

I can't even remember how I ended up with that one, but like OOTS, it is one of those comics that immediately clicked witth me.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strong Female Protagonist - a superhero comic focused on the relationship between superheroes and real life problems but lacking the cynicism of many such works. It has been on hiatus since September 2018, but as the years pass with no update on the status it looks more and more to be abandoned.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Loserz (not to be confused with Sexy Losers) was a nice little teenagers in and out of school comic that I think the author just kind of outgrew (he tried a 10-year later check in roughly 10 years later, but it fizzled).

Brathala was a nice comic about Odin and Frigg raising most of the rest of the pantheon as kid-godlings (including Loki. It's complicated). They do godlike things, they do kidlike things. They occasionally look in on adult gods, and even the eye that Odin sacrificed to the well of wisdom. It was fun. Of course that was before those characters had MCU actors as our go-to images of them.

Anywhere But Here was an odd little one about a hipster-y guy sent to college in the middle of nowhere who then falls in love. It kind of dried up during around the death of Pope John Paul II and (oh, man, that one is old).

Most of the rest I was thinking of apparently didn't get orphaned, but actually ended.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    Cucumber Quest was a huge disappointment that it was ending before the story finished. Basically a take on a Paper Mario-style quest with adorable bunny characters. Even more disappointing is the fact that the first few volumes are published and distributed in bookstores around the world, never to be concluded.
    Wait, is that one officially abandoned? F***! I loved Cucumber Quest!
    Last edited by Celestia; 2020-08-18 at 03:44 PM.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Strong Female Protagonist - a superhero comic focused on the relationship between superheroes and real life problems but lacking the cynicism of many such works. It has been on hiatus since September 2018, but as the years pass with no update on the status it looks more and more to be abandoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Yeah, Cucumber Quest was a great loss, I'll never know if that genie/fairy thing was the real villain now, and SFP being abandoned is also sad to. looks like fan fics and webcomics have similar problems when it comes to being abandoned.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Yep. July 3 2019 announcement that the comic would not be continuing as is (and that she instead planned an "illustrated script" format for the rest, but did not know when that would be).

Devastating, especially as I have the four books on my shelf and a six-year-old daughter clamouring for more. But creators gotta do what they gotta do.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

12. - Top - End - #12

Erfworld, definitely Erfworld.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

I supposeRomantically Apocalyptic has never really been dead, it's just a very complex multimedia project (high quality artwork, photography, writing, audio logs, etc.) that only updates twice a year or so, but damn do I wish there was more.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

And would you believe it? Everyday Heroes just updated!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    Oh, true. I rather liked Erfworld when it ran out of this site.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-08-19 at 10:49 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

15. - Top - End - #15

I'm going to split them into two subsets:

Comics that stopped at the end of a book/story arc:

The comics in this section left of at a nice stopping point, but there is room for a sequel and the author indicated they had plans for another book.

Heartless by Emily Griggs
    Skyvein by Sen Holiday
    The Junk Hyhena's Diner by Chu
    Far to the North by Allison Shaw

Comics that stopped in the middle of a scene/arc:
    Blindsprings
    Galebound
    Lilith's Word
    Monster's Garden
    Otherworldly
    Strong Female Protagonist
    The Hues
    Wonderlust
    Aether
    Last edited by 137beth; 2020-08-19 at 07:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    Erfworld was always doomed to end. Rob was not a particularly good boss or business owner. He had a staff of 8 people to run a webcomic most run on their own and wanted to pay them fairly (which is the proper way to pay people) which meant money was always going to be a problem considering the size and appeal of his content. The constant, un-fulfilled Kickstarters were going to catch up to him at some point and attempting to roll out 1,000 dollar kickstarters every month because he had to bring on 3D modellers onto his comic that was already floundering on top of inviting his fans to literally farm crypto-currency on top of 2,000+ plus payments per successful update of the comic which he could barely make. On top of merch too. He simply was trying to live in a world that he couldn't afford, because he had some concept that his comic was more than just another webcomic. If you listen to the recording he put out after Erfworld ended, where he cussed out "haters" for not believing in his art and vision, you could see just where the mindset was coming from. The dude certainly had some rough patches but that was part of the problem in the end. There was always a rough patch and a lot of them were his doing so when he hit one he couldn't avoid and no one had control over...only the core supporters were there to anchor them. Too many people burned too many times. There was always a big, bad, serious issue that he couldn't talk about and that's why updates were slow or that's why they needed more money. But the rot was settled into his business before the really big stuff. Burning through artists, actively going after any poor press about his comic or his terrible business practices (like shutting down multiple reddit communities as an example) and the inability to actually focus on the comic as a comic instead of a media conglomerate was going to sink him. He had too many eggs in too many baskets and none of them were stable enough to support themselves let alone new ventures. Even his comic wasn't stable enough to support new ventures. He had no backlog of content and no plan to ever have a backlog despite constant promises and assurances that there was actually more comics ready to go in case they were too busy to get new ones made. So instead of focusing on that he focused on a dozen other things that all either failed or took too much time and never paid out nearly as well as just updating the damn story. He was already a ship barely keeping afloat and the immediate halt attempting to go to 3D models just so he could start selling low-tier blender renders to make yet another revenue stream was a death knell. Only his most ardent supporters were still around by that point, the comic wasn't going to recover.
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-08-19 at 10:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Completely ignoring the failure of Erfworld the business and Rob the business owner, I don't think Erfworld the comic/story really had a direction that I wanted to see continued. Book One was, in no uncertain terms, a masterpiece. If nothing else came after that, it would still be a masterpiece. There are things in Book Two that are interesting, exciting, and enjoyable, but there wasn't really a cohesive story that was anywhere as interesting as what came before. I think Rob started falling in love with the world he had created (which, to be fair, was pretty cool) and decided that everyone would be interested in exploring every nook and cranny of it. Much like what happened with Harry Potter once the main story wrapped up. I think even without Rob's business foibles, the strip was doomed to slowly slide into mediocrity because I don't think there was a strong second story to tell.

18. - Top - End - #18

Frankly, a few of the text side stories were better than the main strip post-book 1. Part of that was Rob's habit of cramming in every possible visual reference to every panel.

19. - Top - End - #19

Ava's Demon - Ava is a girl who is haunted by a demon. Screwing with her perception of reality, taking control of her body to humiliate her and drive away her friends, and generally making her life miserable... at least until they come to an accord. Can't really say more than that without spoilers, because the plot of this one picks up fast and does some crazy stuff. In addition to being a good story and gorgeous art, it's got a really unique presentation. Rather than typical individual pages or Webtoons' infinite canvas, Ava's Demon reads more like a flip-book, or perhaps a screenplay, with lots of small pages designed to be viewed for just a few seconds before moving to the next. It's weird and cool and it's the only webcomic I've seen do this; it'd be worth checking out for that alone, but like I said, it's also got really good story and art. I really like this one, but it hasn't updated in months. I sure hope it returns.
    Maybe a dumb question but...is there a way to see the date that Ava's Demon last updated? Normally I keep track of my comics in a text file with the URL and date of the last page I read. The Ava's Demon site doesn't seem to have dates for pages, and clicking the "RSS" link doesn't let me see the dates of the last few pages the way other RSS feeds do.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

HTML Code:
    https://abominable.cc/
    The Abominable Charles Christopher is a beautiful series but unfortunately, the creator has to direct his main energies to making a living as opposed to keeping it going for general consumption.

-Sorry if I haven't presented the link properly.
    Last edited by cptnspldng; 2020-08-20 at 01:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

I tried so hard to continue reading Erfworld after Book 1 ended, because it was really good. But despite trying on and off again to pick it back up, I found myself just not caring. I would reread Book 1, and go straight to the next stuff, I would wait a few months, or years even, and pick it up at the start of Book 2 or whatever, I would even try starting from a random page. I just couldn't get hooked on anything past Book 1. It's like it found a perfect ending, and anything further after that just ruined my enjoyment of it.

I didn't even pay attention to anything happening behind the scenes, except when I heard it deleted itself off the entirety of the internet. No idea why, but it just couldn't hold my attention.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I supposeRomantically Apocalyptic has never really been dead, it's just a very complex multimedia project (high quality artwork, photography, writing, audio logs, etc.) that only updates twice a year or so, but damn do I wish there was more.
    It was roughly once a month. They also left a message on why there are no updates:

Comic release is temporarily on hold as coronavirus shut down ALL of the comicons, art shows and gallery exhibitions in 2020 worldwide and we're working on commissions to pay the bills this year.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Maybe a dumb question but...is there a way to see the date that Ava's Demon last updated? Normally I keep track of my comics in a text file with the URL and date of the last page I read. The Ava's Demon site doesn't seem to have dates for pages, and clicking the "RSS" link doesn't let me see the dates of the last few pages the way other RSS feeds do.
    I don't know how to actually check the date, but IIRC it last updated around January. The comic is also on Webtoons, and that has been updating regularly (the last update was just yesterday) as it catches up to the comic on the original site, which gives me hope that the comic hasn't been abandoned or forgotten, just going through a rough patch.
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

24. - Top - End - #24

I didn't even pay attention to anything happening behind the scenes, except when I heard it deleted itself off the entirety of the internet.
    It wasn't deleted. It's just one click away from the main page.
    And I, for one, like(d) it to the very last page.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I miss User Friendly. It didn't have massive story lines or try to be this massive magnum opus. It was just a daily 3-panel comic strip that was a slightly geekier take on Dilbert. I especially appreciated the tech support calls since I've done that job and dealt with the truly technologically impaired. Easy reading and good for a giggle.

The author keeping re-runs going still keeps me hopeful that he will someday return to it, even though realistically it's not likely. He stopped updating 10 years ago, if he was going to return to it he would have done so by now.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    I don't know how to actually check the date, but IIRC it last updated around January. The comic is also on Webtoons, and that has been updating regularly (the last update was just yesterday) as it catches up to the comic on the original site, which gives me hope that the comic hasn't been abandoned or forgotten, just going through a rough patch.
    Ah, okay.

For most comics, I check them once a month. I normally save the URL of the last page I read and the date of that page in a text file, and then one month after the last page was posted I check the comic again. A few of my favorite comics I check every update-day instead. This system requries me to be able to figure out when the last page was posted. For every comic I currently follow, I can get that information from at least one of the following sources:
    1)The comic's site itself
    2)The RSS feed
    3)Comic Rocket, which stores the last update-date for comics it indexes
    4)In the case of one comic, The Property of Hate, the artist's own site doesn't store the date, but it is also cross-posted simultaneously on Smackjeeves, which does display the date.

Annoyingly, none of those methods currently seem to work for Ava's Demon: the "RSS" feed isn't a normal RSS feed (it appears to redirect the user to a proprietary notification service). Comic Rocket doesn't have Ava's Demon indexed (Piperka does, but Piperka doesn't record the date of last update.) I can't really blame the author for making a site that is incompatible with my system for tracking comics, since I'm the only person I know who keeps track of comics in this particular manner, so it wouldn't make sense for the artist to cater to me. But it is an annoyance for me. Most likely I will wait until the Webtoons version of AD catches up with the main site, and then I'll rely on Webtoons to get the date of pages (assuming they continue posting new pages on Webtoons).

Anyhow, enough of my off-topic rambling. From the OP:
    Lilith's Word - [description pending]
    I'll help by providing a description:
    At the dawn of time, many gods emerged in the universe from pure energy. Each god spoke a single Word of Creation and then died. Now, only one god remains: Lilith. She travels the universe trying to determine what one thing the universe needs most, after which she will use her Word to create that one thing and then die.

It's been one year since Lilith's Word last updated. It has come back from long hiatuses before, so I have some hope that it will return eventually, but my hope is rather slim.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is a take on overly masculine video game and movie characters trying to adapt to normal life in modern society. I think the author just got burned out after doing it for eight years. Good news though, it didn't really leave any huge lingering storylines unfinished.
    Manly Guys Doing Manly Things also has the cutest velociraptors.
    Optimization Trophies

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

The Prime of Ambition
    re-launch in progress
    since...
    oh, I can't even remember.
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2020-08-23 at 10:14 AM.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

It has been... some time since I've last read this one. Knowing it has ended leaves me bittersweet. Bitter that it has ended, sweet knowing I can binge read it and be done with it.

So yeah, thank you for reminding me of it.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I can tell, Ava's Demon is still alive. It's on hiatus while the author gathers their wits and fills out another site's archives with Ava's Demon, I think it's supposed to start up again in September?

Beyond the Canopy ended with the end of a chapter (presumably a bit of a "end of book 2" moment where things would start ramping up afterwards) and then has one additional page but otherwise has been dead for the last while; I sadly don't expect it to start up again.

Oddity Woods ended a few chapters in, it's great but the author is planning on doing it...not in a webcomic format because it's lots of effort and far more difficult to profit off of.

Cucumber Quest's demise is a tragedy, I would love it if someone bankrolled Gigi for a bit or something and got just the rest of the current book out.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad