Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

For what it's worth, I don't have much more of an idea what to do in this scene other than 1) have Sebastian recap the story thus far and 2) wait for Reggie, unless Sebastian tells more in a way that means we should go help.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm getting a little better now, and I hope I'll be able to post sometime monday or tuesday.
    Thanks for the patience with me~
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, my sincere apologies for the delay in posting!!!

First, I have to also apologize to Haval for missing his spent WP. I will updated your character box, but that is one success and I will reflect this now in the upcoming IC post. Really, I feel pretty stupid for missing that. I hope you have a great time at the wedding, and it's fine if you need a bit of time away from the forum next week as a result.

@JL: Check out my post IC and let me know if that helps.

@Hemnon: I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, and I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Summer colds can really suck. And of course, I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    If JL is going to be completely MIA till Tuesday though, I say we let the other two players continue till Tuesday, and then Emma's call can come in. Please reply with Yay or nay to this idea in the OOC thread.
    Ok with this

5. - Top - End - #35

SamuraiGuy

Thank you for the reply. Noted.

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thank you for the reply. Noted.

oh im fine with it as well.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

SamuraiGuy

Noted as well
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Does Max know anything interesting about the address? Is it in the rich part if the city for instance.

9. - Top - End - #39

SamuraiGuy

The address is an apartment in The French Quarter, off of Bourbon street. While the neighborhood is certainly expensive, most properties in this region are divided into split apartments. This address has no apartment number which means the owner owns the entire property. So, ya, likely a pretty expensive home.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yes I am specifically NOT bartering here, cuz Calliope has still only recently managed to get some semblance of 'reality hold' to her own mind, having only returned from Arcadia about a year or so prior.
    She is still getting used to everything and tends to put stuff like bartering and forefront talking when extremely important, to others... Like Emma for example.

Maybe a bartering can happen once Calliope's talked with Emma and gotten to know specifically what questions Emma has in mind to be answered. And if Emma might have some dungbeetles laying around.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm back. Today was crazy between work, AC repair, and kids' school stuff, but should be able to read up and post tomorrow. Hope in the morning.

12. - Top - End - #42

SamuraiGuy

Welcome back. Just replied IC. My post brings Emma back in, and includes each character so make sure to read through the post please.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Been a crazy week and not quite up for thinking through all the questions, so proposing a medium thing.

To summarize the IC:
    ask 1 question now for 1 goblin fruit, then we preocure handbags* and ask more as a group
    Question is: "What happened to Reggie, Tom, and Marv at Marv's restarant and its nearby Hedge?"

*my real life knowledge of handbags is low. I'm assuming with our total motley Resources of 5 (right?) that we can easily afford several handbags. Could you clarify if there's a good limit?
    Also... Int + Occult to know if there's loophole or contract that could hurt us by giving handbags?
    (4d10)[2][4][6][5](17)

UPDATE: real life has had me kinda crazy at least the first part of this week. Hope things resolve soon, but just wanted to post something if I'm late.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-09-15 at 09:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well sure I'll roll.

But I also have the Merit Goblin Bounty that gives me 3 goblin fruits per chapter.

Also since my character has market sense.... is Fuxi willing to accept a Calliope taking a goblin debt in exchange? I dunno if she is a Hedge Denizen (aka. counts as a goblin from just that) or if she is jsut a changeling without such bindings to the hedge?)

Anyways here's the roll for the trod harvest attempt.
    (1d10)[2] - so it's..... 9 and 10 that succeeds if I recall correctly yes?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

SamuraiGuy

@JL: I'd say you can afford maybe two luxury handbags without having to "use the merit", as some of them can be in the 10s of thousands. Crazy I know!

Sorry I missed this post and didn't respond before. Sorry I never replied! As far as your roll goes, Emma can't really think of anything

@Hemnon: My bad, I missed that you had Goblin Bounty. In that case forget your roll (it was a failure but we'll pretend you never used it). I suppose it would be fair to assume that Lily even had one on hand if she was going to be bargaining with it, though if you would prefer, Lily can run off to get it.

Just let me know what you want to do. Unfortunately, Fuxi is another Changeling, and so she cannot trade in Goblin Debt. But I would happily give you a bonus to a barter roll with her, as a benefit from that merit.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-09-20 at 11:05 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@JL: I'd say you can afford maybe two luxury handbags without having to "use the merit", as some of them can be in the 10s of thousands. Crazy I know!

Sorry I missed this post and didn't respond before. Sorry I never replied! As far as your roll goes, Emma can't really think of anything

@Hemnon: My bad, I missed that you had Goblin Bounty. In that case forget your roll (it was a failure but we'll pretend you never used it). I suppose it would be fair to assume that Lily even had one on hand if she was going to be bargaining with it, though if you would prefer, Lily can run off to get it.

Just let me know what you want to do. Unfortunately, Fuxi is another Changeling, and so she cannot trade in Goblin Debt. But I would happily give you a bonus to a barter roll with her, as a benefit from that merit.
    I'll accept whatever you give.

Also I think We'll do that first question and then call Fuxi next there's a need.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-09-21 at 06:51 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

My supervisor retired a few months ago, and I just got her team lead position. So my workload is increasing some and my free time going down.

I'm going to have to see how things go, but I might have to drop this game. I'm not saying I am dropping it now, but wanted to give a fair heads-up that such might happen as I see how much more time this takes.

That is crazy, but buying two sounds good. I reckon New Orleans has such shops. Emma shall procure two when she can as hopes are open (tonight if still open, in the morning if then.)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

question... what'd it cost in terms of money to buy goblin fruits then? I mean if it's cheaper.... buy the fruits

Or get a goblinfruit and gain goblin debt? I know how to reduce that without having to do rediculous things like collect the first milktooth dropped by 50 kids.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

SamuraiGuy

My supervisor retired a few months ago, and I just got her team lead position. So my workload is increasing some and my free time going down.

I'm going to have to see how things go, but I might have to drop this game. I'm not saying I am dropping it now, but wanted to give a fair heads-up that such might happen as I see how much more time this takes.
    Congratulations on the new position. I hope it means a bump in pay at least. Thank you for the warning, and please please please let me know if you are going to be dropping. I'm sorry if this game hasn't been steady and along with that engaging enough, but I hope you are able to find the time.

question... what'd it cost in terms of money to buy goblin fruits then? I mean if it's cheaper.... buy the fruits
    I don't think there is an exact cost, and in The Tumbledown Market, finding the right vendor and adequately bartering may lead to significant variance in price. It's not exactly the kind of place where there is a stable and consistent price to things.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been meaning to ask, is there a downside to being caught using Contracts in front of humans? Something like a Masquerade violation.

If we really need handbags how feasible is it to steal them? Mostly asking because I think I can use Hidden Reality to say, make an unlocked doorway into a shop in the middle of the night.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    I've been meaning to ask, is there a downside to being caught using Contracts in front of humans? Something like a Masquerade violation.

If we really need handbags how feasible is it to steal them? Mostly asking because I think I can use Hidden Reality to say, make an unlocked doorway into a shop in the middle of the night.
    Actually they won't really see the contract magic. just like with your character's mask, you have to actively WANT them to see it... which leads to all kinds of bad things that could potentially cause humans to go catatonic from the reveal.
    I dun recall the in-game word for it tho...
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

SamuraiGuy

Using contracts usually does not cause an obvious break in reality, and there are no hard "Masquerade Laws" as Hemnon replied. However, see page 108 on dropping one's mask.

EDIT: @Hemnon and Haval: What are your thoughts if JL drops?
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-09-22 at 07:21 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Using contracts usually does not cause an obvious break in reality, and there are no hard "Masquerade Laws" as Hemnon replied. However, see page 108 on dropping one's mask.

EDIT: @Hemnon and Haval: What are your thoughts if JL drops?
    Ah the Huntsman are the main consequence for going too far. I was just trying to think through the consequences of using contracts to steal things and having it go badly. At worse you can disappear mysteriously from a cell.

Well hopefully he doesn't have to, although obviously stuff can come up. I hope I haven't been too slow to post. I'm ok to go on if you are.

24. - Top - End - #54

SamuraiGuy

I'd be glad to keep going, and understood that your post rate has been slow. I hope JL can keep up as well. Fingers crossed... really really don't want to keep re-recruiting.

So I want to see if Max's knows any other Wizened or someone with the Artist kith who might be more focused on making things then he is.

I think I can use Allies (Musician) (.) to ask for a basic favour which would be to ask to see if anyone knows anyone appropriate. Let me know if it's a big enough favour that it needs a roll.
    No roll necessary, though I'd argue it would be your Contact "Night Revelers" that would apply here. Allies musicians would be a mundane ally. Why don't you just describe briefly who Max is contacting (Max's Musician ally and specifically what he is asking for.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-09-23 at 09:36 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

No roll necessary, though I'd argue it would be your Contact "Night Revelers" that would apply here. Allies musicians would be a mundane ally. Why don't you just describe briefly who Max is contacting (Max's Musician ally and specifically what he is asking for.
    You're right. I was thinking of that as applying to other Changeling musicians. Let's go with Contacts (Night Revelers) instead.

So I want to find someone who can make a copy of a good handbag in exchange for a favour maybe. I get the impression that another Wizened might be capable of doing the job. If Max doesn't necessarily know anyone who could do it he could ask an older Night Reveler who has lived in New Orleans for longer and might know the sort of person who could make a handbag on demand. The Contact would likely be any older barfly that Max may have played with at some point.

Let me know if I have the wrong idea here about Wizened. I'm also not sure if I can get away with leveraging social skills to get an NPC to do all the work for me.

My backup plan would be to just try and break into a shop and pick up a load of handbags that way. I may need Hemmon or JL to weigh in on that plan though. I have Hidden Reality and Light-Shy so I don't think it would be that difficult, but I could be wrong.

26. - Top - End - #56

SamuraiGuy

I think it would be reasonable that Max knows someone who might be able to point Max in the right direction, and I think you have the right understanding of everything you've described. As you chose the Contact (Night Revelers) merit, I will give you the opportunity to flesh out just who this contact is. So I'm going to let you post IC, describing who it is Max is reaching out to (you don't have to get too detailed), and what he says, and I'll fill in the rest.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, edited the last post.

Hemnon - I don't know if you're still interested in a wfrp game

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...hort-Adventure

28. - Top - End - #58

SamuraiGuy

Will reply IC.

@JL: Do you want me to NPC Emma to keep things moving forward, or do you think you have time to keep posting?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

My apologies, but with how stressful and busy things have been, I think I should formally drop out.

I hope Emma at least has facilitated to get the team in contact with Sebastian and thus with the "old team's plot", and that you'll let her purchase a couple handbags for the group, so we can pursue those angles.
    Anyway, I am sorry, but just feeling drowning-swamped between some work and real life stuff. Good stuff, all in all, but tough.

So, yes, please NPC her, and sorry I'm adding to the list of dropping-players.

30. - Top - End - #60

SamuraiGuy

Okay. Thank you for the update. I am sorry you are not able to stick with us.
    Show