Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 326
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I'll roll after work. I might as well use willpower.

    Did everyone see the recruiting thread?

    https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=222

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Strength 2 + Athletics 1 + 3 for Willpower
    (6d10)[3][5][1][8][10][2](29)

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Work was very busy on thursday and friday and took a weekend away with the wife (much needed). Working on posting now. I did not see the recruitment thread, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. Before I reply, I will leave it up to you two as to if we want to bring in a third player at this point. I recognize that a third player may be helpful, but it kind of seems like an inopportune time.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Work was very busy on thursday and friday and took a weekend away with the wife (much needed). Working on posting now. I did not see the recruitment thread, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. Before I reply, I will leave it up to you two as to if we want to bring in a third player at this point. I recognize that a third player may be helpful, but it kind of seems like an inopportune time.
    I dun mind. As long as the interested person makes someting befitting what we already have set up - that's sort of a given, I know, but I've had experiences before where newcomers seemed to fail in understanding the need to make something that supported the current group.... rather than just go with a concept THEY wanted to play and to hell with what was going on, and whatever everyone else was already playing as.

    Also it wasn't ME you wanted a stealth rool from, right? It just costs a WP point and boom, my character is now a literal part of that shadowey... shadow.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-10-25 at 07:28 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Ya, it was unclear to me if you were going to use your seeming or not. Sounds good. Let me hear from Haval for IC and for the new player and I"ll move things along. Will update your character box with the spent WP
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    I dun mind. As long as the interested person makes someting befitting what we already have set up - that's sort of a given, I know, but I've had experiences before where newcomers seemed to fail in understanding the need to make something that supported the current group.... rather than just go with a concept THEY wanted to play and to hell with what was going on, and whatever everyone else was already playing as.
    Yeah, basically that. Not against the idea. Assuming they're paying attention to the forum.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Ok. I've PM'ed Song an will see if we hear back.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I rolled a 10 in IC, so there's for the Ten-again thing.
    (1d10)[4](4)

    So all in all I had 2 successes for that. hopefully it's enough.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-10-26 at 09:37 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Ninja'd, but I think I'll leave it.

    Spending Glamour to try and use that door as a portal to the Hedge. I assume it won't work properly but I have to try.

    How long would a portal stay open for? Would that be until someone closes the door.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I couldn't find the reference, so I'll make this rule. The portal stays open as long as the door stays open, closes when the door is closed behind the Changeling. I'll dock the Glamour point for Sarah.

    However, for Shade's Cloak of the Night loophole to work on Sarah, she must also be dressed in black... but Shade knows this is a dream, so he has the ability to use oneiromancy to cause a subtle shift. You can give up one of your two successes to cause such a subtle shift and change Sarah's costume. Do you approve, and if so, what is she now wearing? Otherwise, it will still incur a point of glamour. Will wait for your reply before moving the IC thread along.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-10-27 at 08:49 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I couldn't find the reference, so I'll make this rule. The portal stays open as long as the door stays open, closes when the door is closed behind the Changeling. I'll dock the Glamour point for Sarah.

    However, for Shade's Cloak of the Night loophole to work on Sarah, she must also be dressed in black... but Shade knows this is a dream, so he has the ability to use oneiromancy to cause a subtle shift. You can give up one of your two successes to cause such a subtle shift and change Sarah's costume. Do you approve, and if so, what is she now wearing? Otherwise, it will still incur a point of glamour. Will wait for your reply before moving the IC thread along.
    Nah I'll just keep it focused on Alex for now, since he's already, always in that black hat, long dark duster, etc. as part of his Mask's complimentary clothing. Thus also avoiding the need to spend Glamour when possible.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    (OOC: I am assuming Sarah is going to dive in, but will let you decide Haval. Also, what is Shade going to do now, is he going to rush to follow?)
    Probably, but don't want to leave Alex here either unless the Princess is getting too close.

    Will try to find somewhere to hide on the basis that it's easier for Alex to find her then the other way around.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    @All: It looks like Alex is making a B-line for Sarah so I don't think she has to worry about leaving him. Should I assume they are both going to bolt through the door and slam it behind them???
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    @All: It looks like Alex is making a B-line for Sarah so I don't think she has to worry about leaving him. Should I assume they are both going to bolt through the door and slam it behind them???
    yes, you may make an ass out of U and me
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I mean, it kind of seems obvious, but especially with PBP every once in a while I find a player gets upset when I make what I thought was an obvious assumption about what they were doing.

    Player: I open the door to the room I am going to enter.

    Me: You open the door and walk into the room. You find yourself in the room...

    Player: Hey wait! I didn't say I walk into the room! Don't decide for me what my character does.

    Me: Oops

    This is not to say they are not justified. Sometimes I assume it is obvious, only to realize later that it was a stupid assumption.


    Anyways, assuming I get the affirmative from Haval, I'll move things on.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I mean, it kind of seems obvious, but especially with PBP every once in a while I find a player gets upset when I make what I thought was an obvious assumption about what they were doing.

    Player: I open the door to the room I am going to enter.

    Me: You open the door and walk into the room. You find yourself in the room...

    Player: Hey wait! I didn't say I walk into the room! Don't decide for me what my character does.

    Me: Oops

    This is not to say they are not justified. Sometimes I assume it is obvious, only to realize later that it was a stupid assumption.


    Anyways, assuming I get the affirmative from Haval, I'll move things on.
    I know what you meant. I was just being a smartass is all~
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Anyways, assuming I get the affirmative from Haval, I'll move things on.
    I'm ok with it. I was considering rolling perception to try looking for him.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Not to delay things, but should I wait to let Alex respond to Sarah, or should I just assume the two of you are rushing through the door???
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Not to delay things, but should I wait to let Alex respond to Sarah, or should I just assume the two of you are rushing through the door???
    I have no other reason to stay behind. I can always prop open the door with something heavy.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Okay, I'm going to just move things on to keep things from dragging. Sorry Hemnon.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Okay, I'm going to just move things on to keep things from dragging. Sorry Hemnon.
    It's oke. still here. Just dealing with a massively radiating lowerback pain that I have no idea where it came from.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Sorry to hear that. I hope it starts feeling better soon!
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I hope it starts feeling better soon!
    Thanks
    So expect a slow reply schedule for me ICly for a few days until I stop having lower backpain shooting up the spine and backmuscles.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I get something like that with my leg sometimes. Hope it gets better.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    I get something like that with my leg sometimes. Hope it gets better.
    Just gotta rest and it it heal. worst part is if I overdo something and make it hurt again, the moment I lay down for a few minutes and then have to get up again, the pain just locks my back in place and I need to use my hands to less the upper body weight to straighten up.

    But waking up after a nice sleep, it at least seems to have been lessened in pain.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Glad you are feeling a little bit better after your sleep (sometimes back spasms can be worse after rest). I hope you have decent access to a health care practitioner who can help and that it resolves itself soon!
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Old boring Denmark.....

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Glad you are feeling a little bit better after your sleep (sometimes back spasms can be worse after rest). I hope you have decent access to a health care practitioner who can help and that it resolves itself soon!
    Denmark as free healthcare, so, I should have access to such
    But I'm just at home and relaxing and doing what I can to lessen the strain on my lower back itself.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

    Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

    .... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

    Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect


    Youtube Account:Here.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    Int 2 + Streetwise 1 + Court Goodwill (Night Revelers) (*)

    (4d10)[8][5][1][3](17)

    Edit - Incidentally, is the broken glass from the bathroom window or the mirror? Sarah has Mirror Walk and would likely know to check.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    @Haval: I've replied IC. However, I have realized a small miss I made that we can quickly fix. Sarah's merit Court Goodwill (Night Revelers) needs to be slightly adjusted. As the name implies, Court Goodwill is specific to a Court. However, the Night Revelers are an entire Freehold within the city. The three courts are the Makers, the Chorus and the Ensemble. Please choose one.

    Your roll is resolved and your question answered in my IC post.

    @Hemnon: Any idea when you think you will be up for posting, just so I can plan around your absence?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: OOC: New Orleans By Night II CtL

    I'll take Makers to justify knowing Kitsune. If they don't know each other that well maybe they know some of the same people.

    Once I get a chance to look it up, I'm going to roll Charm to help her relax (Manipulation + Persuasion?). If it's really needed I can always use the Playmate healing thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •