New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rak's Subnautica playthrough (moved from the what are you playing thread)

New run, 91 minutes, and it includes suffocating trying to reach the last component after flailing around to try and find it. After respawning, I made it with only one airlessbase from Maida's moonpool. Knowing the fabricator caverns are to the east, I was able to get well inside just off topping off from the third component.

Makes me wonder if I could make it all the way with just two air tanks, and no bases at all. And if that even saves time.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rak's Subnautica playthrough (moved from the what are you playing thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Certainly possible. Right now, though, there's not much tying the two plotlines together, and if they want the cure to be non-optional I'd really hope it ends up signposted a little bit better, Right now the only thing telling you it's there is a red circle on an unspecific map.
    Well, that, and a voice log where your sister tells you she hit it somewhere nearby. That's probably intended to be the step before the map.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

I don't remember finding that one. It's possible I missed it.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

well, Below Zero's in full release. And I think I have a route that skips the knife.

Why skip the knife? Why NOT skip the knife! it's a challange run, that eliminates any resource that has to be harvested by knife. Including the primary component of the Hab Builder. If I thought I could do it without the compass, it might even qualify as a low% run.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh nice! I might have to start a new file.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

well, I just "failed" earlygame in my no-knife run... and discovered that if you havnt visited the pod yet, you respawn at the crash site... and DONT lose your stuff. Since my route involves going all the way to the leviathan cave for the scanner, battery, 3 cloth, a lubricant, and endgame items before hitting the pod, this deathwarp may prove to be a timesave if planned on.

It has to be after scanning the hydrolic fluid, though, which means bringing the scanner back from the leviathan cave to the bridge.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Probably fortunate that it's really easy to die in this one just by standing above water.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Just barely made it from the pod on 1 battery, with a pretty good dead-reckoning find in the entrance to maida's base to reach the crystal caves. topped off on air while scanning the body component. though that was a pretty close shave without fins.

Edit: 1 hour 40 minutes to reach the phase gate facility, and there's room to improve it. (I goofed and left the pengling remote in storage when I did the land section, so I have to make a bonus trip to the pod)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2021-05-20 at 06:34 PM.